January 07 Parents # 538

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
275 replies to this topic

#26 Onemorebub

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:37 PM

AWw Curtis!

My baby is driving me insane he NEVER does as he is told!! but is insanely cute about it!!

#27 *Natski82*

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

Hi

I actually can't remember the last time I posted in here, bloody ages ago!

So FB is removing our discussion board! Grrrr. Oh well I will just have to make more of an effort and post in here.

So Rebby quitting smoking! I am so proud! Though I do not envy the way you must be feeling, stay strong!!

Alinta, when is your actual due date?

Rach & Cass, I am in Adelaide next Tuesday for 8 days of you have time for a catch up?

Well speak soon, must finish my assignment xx

#28 mokeydoke

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

Hi Nat

3 big slabs of homemade bread with butter and golden syrup and I've entered a delusional state of being. Carb overload or sugar overload, I guess since sugar is a carb I'm doubly screwed laughing2.gif I'd get on the cross trainer- no darn it, I will get on the CT! Warning to myself that delicious homemade bread is not to be cut while warm. The crust was divine.

#29 cheekymonkey

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

Happy Mother's Day to the most wonderful group of mothers I know!  hheart.gif

#30 codex

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:07 PM

Even though I'm not posting much, I thought of you all today.  Happy Mother's Day!

Alinta, anything?  tongue.gif

#31 cuddlymumof4

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

Happy Mother's Day to all the lovely Mum's in this group.  wub.gif  hheart.gif

#32 azalia

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:31 PM

Happy mothers day everyone!!!

Nothing codex, off on pre labour but nothing continuous.I can't believe it!! I was due today, but thought I would have gone into labour by now given all the pre labour and plug lost 2 weeks ago. The damn thing has probably regrown by now. I'm emotional and so sore, I'm not sure how many more days I can take before I give in an opt for an induction. The stress of dh's impending departure is getting too much and no doubt affecting me going into labour even though I'm trying to block it out.

We had a nice weekend, got all the beach sand in the pit, then went shopping in the city. Then I went to a friends engagement last night, we were both meant to go but mil cancelled as usual. Today we went for a drive to the hills to look at some waterfalls and quarry, beautiful weather and had a pretty nice day, as nice as it can be when I can barely walk!!

Nothing on tv so I may as well go to bed!

#33 *Natski82*

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

Happy Mothers Day all.

We had a quiet one here. Got some lovely unwrapped gifts thrown at my head this morning  biggrin.gif Love my girls. Pancakes in bed and a nice coffee.

Alinta, stay strong! I really hope she arrives soon. xx

#34 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:06 PM

Happy Mothers Day everyone, I love you all & hope you all had a special day xxx

Alinta I really thought you'd have had her by now too, I'm sorry it's taking so long as I understand how hard it is with time pressures playing on your mind. Sending you much love xxx

#35 mokeydoke

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:01 AM

Good morning
We had a lovely day here too, they just seem to get better as the kids get older. With some requests you could see their brains ticking 'well I wouldn't normally do that, but since it's mother's day...' wink.gif

Alinta - that sounds like a lovely day but what's with your mil? Is she saving up babysitting for when you have a newborn and would like a babymoon? I hope so. Do you have anybody filming the birth this time? I hope she comes along soon for you.

#36 lissiloo

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

Hi everyone

Well I don't think I've posted for about a week -- been reading when I can grab the time, but that's about all. Life seems to be taking on a life of its own IYKWIM.

Had quite a nice day yesterday, although I ended up having to feed Jack in the early morning (5:30-6ish)  as DH grumbled something about having got up to him at 1:30 am and so it was my turn  mad.gif  Oh well. It was his first morning with no boobie  ohmy.gif  which went OK, except that he didn't want to go back to sleep, so once it hit 7am I handed him over to DH and had my sleep in. The girls gave me some jewellery (some earrings and a bling-y ring) and Jack gave me a massage voucher. And we went out for yum cha with my parents. Sadly my sister wasn't able to join us as her younger son got gastro on Friday and she was still dealing with him being unwell. Poor thing, her DP was away for the weekend on a fishing trip with his footy mates. I would have been livid personally.

So the weaning is so far going OK -- Jack was a bit confused this morning when I wouldn't give him anything but the bottle. We'll see how fast he gets used to the new routine. At least he is mostly sleeping better these days, occasionally he wakes up around 1-2am but I can usually resettle him without having to get him a bottle, and then he goes through til 6ish. We are having the year of teeth though, we started with 4 teeth and now we have 8, plus the molars are starting to poke through. Yay. Still not eating much at all, mostly pasta, fruit, yoghurt. Ham occasionally but no meat. He likes miso soup though!

We seem to have hit full on winter here now -- miserably cold weather this weekend and all week coming too. Added to which our plumbing is blocked up (annual clearing of tree roots in pipes is required), and the light/heat lamp/vent unit in our bathroom has packed it in. So it's home maintenance time. Of course the plumbing packs up when we had houseguests for the weekend ...

Poppy is going through a really bratty stage at the moment, constantly talking back and poking her tongue out (no mummy I wasn't really poking it out at you, I was just seeing if I could touch my nose, yeah right kid). But we've had a week of her staying in her bed after lights out, so she's getting a reward for that -- probably a movie next weekend.

Alinta -- hang in there, your little girl will arrive soon I'm sure! She's just biding her time!

OK, well, I guess I had better get on with my day. I'll try to post a bit more often, but Jack makes it hard. Right now he's whinging at my feet cos I'm not cuddling him.

Cheers
Lissiloo

#37 MoonPie

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

Just checking in on Alinta, thinking of you Honey. Anyone photographing the birth?

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day <3

Am off to meet with the Midwifery course co-ordinator, wish me luck!

#38 azalia

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

Morning check in  original.gif  4th S&S this morning, 4cms along.... wish it would be like with Mason where 5 hours later he was earthside!!! Im not holding my breath this time though, as Ive been 2-3 cms for the last 2 weeks.

Ive missed my chance now for having the birth photographed which sucks, Fiona could only do weekends. I have my two cameras here though, and my midwife knows how to use a SLR, as well as Amy has used mine a few times, so between them hopefully they will be able to do an overview. Not the same, but nothing I can do. I tried to get 3 other Perth photographers to do it, and none were particularly interested, no one could commit to being there.

Both boys in 'school' today for the first time in 4 weeks. The silence is bliss. Just heading up to Woolies then home to do some work.

Liss - glad J is taking the bottle ok. I would be rather annoyed too if I were your sister!!!

Reb - Goodluck!!! Im sure you will do amazingly!

#39 GrumpyOldTroll!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

Alinta, I do feel for you being now overdue, but I think this little one is letting you know that life is unpredictable and that is what gives you the most rewards.  I remember when I was pregnant with C and there was a mother in the DI group who swore she was due on x date and had scans and the baby was going to be over 10 pounds and she did everything she could do induce labour when clearly her baby and her body were not ready.  Turned out that the dates were wrong and the baby needed a breathing tube for a day or so and her birth was more complicated than it should have been.  

Give yourself and her time to make the final pregnancy bond before she enters the world.  Take this time to enjoy every lasting minute as you never know what may happen in the future.  Life is unpredictable and that is so true of natural labour as well.  I know you have some wonderful EB friends over your side of the world that will help in any way they can when G goes back.  You also have some wonderful friends over this way that would jump at the chance if they could, to help.  

All in all, it will be ok no matter what time or day or circumstances your precious little angel will be welcomed into your arms.  If you need help, there are at least 30+ of us here that will do everything in our powers to do something.  Take a step back and make her birth as natural and as calm as what you really would like, not what circumstances dictate.            

Thinking of you dearly.

Reb- Come back and update us when you have finished your meeting.  I am looking forward to hearing all about the course and when you start, what you need to do etc.  

Ok, sorry but that is all I can do. Kids are not going to sleep so will have to get them up.  I also have to finish unpacking the caravan and cleaning it from our weekend away.

Much love xxxx

#40 MoonPie

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

Hey all, it went well, at this stage I'll be starting in January. The woman offered to put me on a waiting list if any spots come up for July this year, and I'd LOVE to do that, but it just wouldn't work with G in kindy and not full time school.

I have to apply to both the uni and the hospital(s). I will be happy at my own hospital, they have a great Mid program, my only hesitation is the very high caesarean rate there (near on 50%.) The applications for there close this month, so I'll get this application in and later in the year if I'm unsuccesful will apply at two of the local public hospitals. I would LOVE to train at KEMH (the big obstetric hospy here) for the diversity of experiences but I might go there when I can drop back to part time work, rather than the 3 days a week (plus 1 day study) that I have to do next year.

If I can get the hospital to give me 3 'set' shifts a week, I'll be ecstatic. That would be the perfect arrangement, so then I can organise before/after school care etc. Otherwise, with random shifts, its going to be a struggle (but doable.)

Sorry about the verbal diarrhoea, had to blah it all out to order my thoughts. DD has locked herself out the back Tounge1.gif

#41 thebell

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

Hello my lovely friends. I hope you all had fabulous mother's days. Mine was lovely. Did the 4 km walk for breast cancer again. Raife didn't even make 1km before he was done. Got there in the end though! Had morning tea with sis, Mum, Grandma and Uncle's fiance plus my Dad was there which was a nice surprise!
Raife (all the kids but him especially) has been really unsettled for the past 4 weeks, just awake most of the night asking for cuddles so I have decided to leave school for now. My family has to come first and they aren't at the moment. I am ok with the decision. I don't think counselling is what I want to do.
I am still volunteering at the Family Services place so at least I am still moving toward my goal. Brad has been working alot lately and we are all just unsettled and stressed.

Alinta- I hope you are ok. Wouldn't it be fabulous if the kids just did what we want!!? LOL I hope you get the peaceful birth you want. x

Reb- So excited for you! What a step in the right direction!

Megan- THey were beautiful pics of Kylie's birth thing (blessing?). What a lovely celebration.

Liss- Is your boy still not happy?

Nat- Thrown at your head?!?

Mandy- That's so funny! Like at midnight they will start to say no way again!

Much love to all. Hopefully I can pop back again soon.

#42 MoonPie

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

Ah Sel, I know how hard it is to make that call, but life is too short really. Will try and catch you on chat tomorrow xx

#43 mokeydoke

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

Good evening people original.gif
Cold here today. I'm kind of dreading getting our electricity bill, I've virtually had the heater on all day. I need some warmer clothes too, but refuse to go shopping until I melt away the extra 5kg (laughing2.gif and sitting underneath this heater might just do it!).

Kimbal is so much more settled this term at school. I am so proud of him wub.gif He's got more ticks in 3 weeks of sight words this term than he got all last term (tick for getting them right first go). He told me all about ellipsis's tonight, and had a fight with Olivia who thought he was saying LIPS and she had no idea what he meant! He's asking me how to spell certain words, just out of interest. I asked Olivia today what she did at school, and when she said times tables I thought I would casually test her (starting at 2 x ) and Kimbal answered a couple of them before she did. He's having a bit of anxiety though over certain things, making decisions really, though which is a bit stressful.

Well done Reb! Very exciting to have plans! But wow, Grace starting school.

Sel - you are lucky you decided that you didn't want to do counselling before you completed the whole course. It's a very busy time in your life, it sounds like B is enjoying his job though which is huge.

Kids are all still awake here, Peter isn't home so everything has taken longer than I would have liked ideally. I'm just about to lose it!

#44 codex

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

Can Mel do the photo's Alinta?  Depending on time and day of course.
You're right, it would be so hard to relax and let it happen when you have G just about to fly out.  Please know that I'm up for babysitting/cleaning/cooking duties if you need a hand and he's not here.

Mandy, I had my shocker of an electricity bill with my last one.  Bloody summer.  It's still fine and warm (mid 20s) here and feck all rain to speak of. I'm hating it but will get a huge shock when I find I can't go out and walk because it's raining when winter finally comes.

Well done Reb and Sel, for opposite reason  laugh.gif .  Strike that.  You've both made very brave decisions for the good of your family.

DS has a bee sting right on the bottom of his foot.  He limps everywhere on his toes because it hurts but when he stops it itches like crazy.  I'm trying the antihistamines now.

#45 azalia

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:01 PM

We had a shocker of an electricity bill too. And water  aannoyed.gif

Thanks Codex, I appreciate the offer, and Des, I really apprecaite how you have all hopped back onto EB in these last trialing days, I really appreciate it. The distraction and support is beautiful.

And yes, Mel has very kindly offered to photograph the birth today, I had thought of her, but just didnt want to impose upon her already huge schedule!! I think this baby will come at night though, so hopefully it will work well, as I cant think of anyone more special to photograph her arrival.

Sel - you need to make the decision that is best for you and your family. It is very hard studying with young children, hard of the whole family. Do you have any thoughts for what you would like to channel towards.

We have both kids still up rolleyes.gif Its a first, I dont think they have ever mucked around or carried on once being put to bed, but tonight they kept sneaking out. There watching tv with G. Mason just brought me my phone as it beeped with a message, and when I said 'thankyou', he replied 'your welcome'. So very cute when it comes out of a muffled 2.5 year olds mouth. Walked to daycare this arvo to get Mason, not terribly smart with a pram with flat tyres wink.gif . Then I hopped in the bath to relax. No real niggles today, just keep waiting original.gif

#46 lissiloo

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:15 PM

Hi again

Just got back from a kinder fundraising meeting -- we were planning our trivia night for the end of term. Anyone wanna come?  biggrin.gif

Sel -- Jack is mostly happy, he just doesn't like to eat real food. He's got a sweet tooth which I have to watch out not to indulge too much. Tonight he threw his noodles on the floor twice, but ate his yoghurt. At lunch he likes to nibble on whatever I'm having. Little booger.

I'm sorry you've had to pull out of your course, but sometimes you just have to take the path of least resistance for a while. At least B is working a fair bit at the moment, that must take the pressure off the family a bit, but be hard at the same time. Before you know it though, the kids will be older and less needy, and you'll be able to figure out the next thing to go on to. Or that's the theory right?

Rebby -- yay to you! I would be interested to know why the CS rate is higher at your hospital, is it just cos it has more women going to OBs with a tendency to go that way, or are the women generally older (that would definitely have an impact on CS rate I would think)?

Alinta -- so glad Mel is doing your birth pics! Hope your little one gets a move on, for your sake!

Well, I definitely won't get on here before tomorrow night, Tuesday is my busy day! Talk to you all soon, OK?

Cheers
Lissiloo

#47 azalia

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

Liss - it is quite well known as the 'scizzor happy' hospital. Its our top private hospital in Perth. But im not sure why it has such a high rate, except for thinking that the OBs that are there, are just more inclined to C-section.

Reb - Im really happy for you that you are starting this path that you have been wanting for so long. I think KEMH would be amazing to work at. I have a friend who works there who loves it, and the care I received there this pregancy has been incredible, far better than that received at Attadale Private when I was pregnant with B.

#48 ~Jules~

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:20 AM

Ooh wub.gif so excited about the impending arrival Alinta, and even moreso now to think that Mel might be photographing it!!  Stay strong as you head into this unfamiliar 'overdue' territory - so hard with all the external pressures and complications with G's work etc - thinking of you and sending positive, calm energy and peaceful birthing vibes.  Hm.. wonder if the kids know something's up... maybe tonight?  Though I thought it was going to be the other day too when you said you'd just walked Dexter round the river - was a bit reminiscent of posts in the hours before Mason's birth!

And Reb, v.excited for you too - looking forward to following your midwifery journey!  You really will make a wonderful midwife.  And liked the sound of plans to extend your own family beyond that!  Glad to hear it's all going well with C wink.gif

Glad to hear you've made the decision that's best for you and your family right now Sel - you gave it a good crack, and enough time to be confident of making the right choice - I hope things smooth out quickly and you all settle into a nice family rhythm again in the coming weeks.

Love a good trivia night Liss - bit far to travel though!  E is a bit fussy on the food still too, but has just discovered vegemite - "more, more!" she chants and then points one by one, directing me how to make her a sandwich - to the bread on bench, vegemite in cupboard and butter in fridge!

Ouch - hope the antihistamines stop the itching codex - DS had his 1st beesting on his cheek the other day, but it didn't seem to swell or itch too much - we put paraderm cream on it.

Yay for Kimbal Mandy, what a relief for you to see him settled and doing so well at school this term - let's hope that's all behind you now.  original.gif

Edited by ~Jules~, 10 May 2011 - 12:22 AM.

#49 MoonPie

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

Mel (and Alinta) - you have my number so call me to watch the kids if J isn't around and Alinta needs you. I'm free all week.

#50 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

Sel that's a completely understandable and valid decision to have made. I'm sure there's some disappointment and second guessing attached to it but you've gone with your instincts in favour of supporting your family emotionally & you really can't go wrong in doing that. I hope the stress levels drop significantly for you hhugs.gif

Des it's lovely to see a post from you full of your usual wise & loving words.  

Reb its super exciting that you're going to do mid! Every time I think about midwifery I think of you - I think it's destined to happen & I know you'll be hugely popular. Seeing that you're awesome & all grin.gif

Nat how's your study coming along? Any more prac placements lately?

He told me all about ellipsis's tonight
Wow, go Kimbal! That's a bit of an advanced concept for his age so well done! That's great that he's more settled this term, it must be a relief for you.

Codex ow ow ow to poor DS!

Liss I'd be there in a flash as I LOVE a trivia night, but as Jules said it's a bit too far wink.gif  Jack will get there in the end with food, I'm sure it's extremely frustrating in the mean time though.

More news of you please Jules!

Alinta I'm so glad Mel's going to do your pics, how wonderful.  Keep hanging in there, we're all sending our love & thoughts your way bbighug.gif

That's all I have time for I'm afraid, I just finished feeding Carys & now have a few pressing jobs to do. I'll try to bbl xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.