January 07 Parents # 538

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
275 replies to this topic

#251 codex

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

Bon, what a worry.  I think you're wonderful to have it double checked, I would probably have talked myself out of it and been negligent.

Naz, I love conversations with little ones  laugh.gif .

Mulan, I have a fabulous bric-a-brac slash antique store down the road which is buge and crammed full of stuff.  I was just in there today admiring the hundreds of old china cups and planning my future high tea set.

Mel, what's your budget?  Would she be satisfied with a couple of friends at the movies or does it need to be a party?

Alinta, I love hearing about your girl and your love.  I am wincing, though, over the talk of nipple grazing and remembering the half a nipple I had left after DS was through with it.  I hope untucking the lower lip helps and it heals quickly.

DS had his last day at DC today, I can't justify the money when I still can't find the right part time work.  He doesn't need it so he was happy it was his last day but I was a bit nostalgic.

#252 Naz32

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

who is redshoes??

#253 thebell

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:51 PM

Mel- I saw a party today that was an arty party. I'll see if I can find it. Guests got canvases and 3 paints and took home the canvasses as their gifts. Or hire a movie and have popcorn and lollies. Close the blinds. Or a games party with monopoly etc.
What is she into?

Alinta- I am hanging for pics.

Bon- How scary. Good on you for following it up though. I hope everything is ok.

Naz- What a p*sser.

Horrible day here. Whingy almost one year old, whiny 3 year old. Cranky 4 year old. I sent all 3 to bed at 2 pm and had a much needed break of silence. original.gif

I am also planning a June party. It's going to be enough pink to make even me sick!! biggrin.gif

#254 mokeydoke

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

Unbelievable Sel, wow!! 1 whole year has gone! What are your plans?!

I had Olivia's party here last year, thankfully it didn't rain because there were heaps of people here. We had facepainting, cupcake decorating and free ranging in the back yard but I don't think I'll have another home party for so many kids. Next year I say (though won't lock it in...wink.gif) that we'll just have a slumber party for a few friends. Having a party at a venue has it's own challenges though, making sure people rsvp, and only for the invited people!, getting to the venue (45 minutes away) - at least if no one ends up wanting to come we only need 6 to call it a party and we are already halfway there just with Olivia, Kimbal and Lu wink.gif

laughing2.gif Gavin is my dad!

#255 donthavetv

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

Naz, that was freakin hilarious, I was laughing my head off.

Thanks for the ideas guys, I am just being lazy, I don't want to have to do anything, is that possible ? roll2.gif  I don't really like Antonia's friends either  tongue.gif

#256 mokeydoke

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:08 PM

Maye you could just bring her to Deni instead? roll2.gif

#257 cuddlymumof4

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:11 PM

Mandy: I know that too tired/sick feeling too, not good sad.gif. Bowling parties are fun & alot less mess.

Mel: Sounds like the planning for the USA trip is going great. Good luck with the party planning.

Naz:  laugh.gif at the converstation with L.

Sel: Wow, 1st birthday already. Good luck with the planning.

Am feeling crap at the moment too, sore throat, headache, blocked nose etc. On top of that Alan is away for the next couple of days, so that will be fun. sad.gif

Anna

#258 Mulan

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:20 PM

roll2.gif Naz, classic. I love their inquisitiveness at this age. DS asked the same question about baby's coming out recently and when I told her where they came out she said "that's not a very good idea"

#259 azalia

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:41 PM

Mulan - Im really glad that you are all going, I hope you have a wonderful time.  Clothing wise, what type of look are you after? Have you got anything in mind?

Naz - Very funny!!! We haev had the where babies come from convo lots of times lately, as Byron wanted to know all about it. I told him what was actually going to happen, seeing as I thought it was likely he would end up viewing birth.  He took it well, and hasnt made many comments since seeing Indi being born, but I expect he is quite blazay about it all. So not long till you move now, Im very excited for you! And yes, we got Skype set up today, so I will sort it out with connecting to you.

Anna - hope that you are feeling better really soon, are you taking a multivit like echinacia atm to help clear it? Not nice getting sick at all when your partner is away.

Mel - I like the idea of the crafty type activities, is she into that at all? I did a scrapbooking party for my cousin for her 10th birthday, they all brought along a picture they wanted to turn into a scrapbooking page. IT was easy and they all had lots of fun.

Sel - I cannot believe she is already almost one. It makes me very very sad!!! Are you having a themed party? Or is pink the theme? happy.gif

Good day again today, G hasnt left, company are holding out on him now I think, as they rejected his calls today, and didnt call back to 3 of his messages. Bit annoying, if they have decided to cancel him now from the job he needs to know so that he can find something else. We have him for another night though, so that I am very happy about! People started to visit today which was lovely. A friends Mum ever so nicely brought over a homecooked meal and lots of goodies, which was so sweet of her. My milk has just started to come through which is good, hopefully I dont get massive amounts tonight that will flood her throat in the morning. She is still great, sleepy all the time and quite lovely. I can hear Mason again, so better get off here.

#260 mesaana

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:07 AM

I love hearing you talk about your new little one Alinta - its awesome.  And like everyone else I find myself very clucky - not a good thing!  

Loved the new photos on FB too!

#261 cuddlymumof4

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:13 AM

Alinta: Not really taking a multivitamin at the moment but think i should start. Must be so hard for both you & G not knowing what is happening with work. Though glad you all can enjoy the first days together just enjoying your new little girl. Am loving hearing all your updates.

#262 MoonPie

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:30 AM

Hey all, over my little meltdown yesterday, but it got worse before it got better. Work came through for my night off though, so that's good. Interview this morning at 10am, I'm nervous!

Is it third day blues today Alinta? Keep in mind that as your milk comes in, so does that day of weepiness.

Mel, what about making them cook? They could choose from a few preapproved recipes, you duck out and get the ingredients, and they can make you all dinner? Plus, a big part of learning to cook is doing the dishes Tounge1.gif

#263 azalia

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

That is a great idea Reb!!! Mel why dont you host a mini masterchef party? Im sure it hasnt been done yet? How fun!! The invites can be little receipe cards or something.

Reb - goodluck today, thinking of you lots. You will do brilliantly.

Anna - I always take a multi when Gareth is away, its so much easier to get run down. And if I remotely feel a cold coming on, I load myself with Ecchinacia, vit C aand garlic tablets. Most of the time it doesnt turn into a full blown cold.

Not the best nights sleep last night, little miss slept all day yesterday like usual, then the minute we went to bed at 10.30 she woke and was unsettled until 2.30. She just fed constantly and everytime I lowered her she started making noises. She has quite a gurgle still of mucous I think. I remember Mason having it too. Finally at 2.30 we decided maybe she was not warm enough, even though wed had the heater on all day yesterday and she was in a wondersuit and wrapped and in the middle of our bed. Once I got her double wrapped, blanket over the top, beanie on and put a hot pack under her she fell straight asleep and is still fast asleep right now. So I think this one likes to be super toasty to sleep.  wink.gif  

Gareth got called early this morning and they have said maybe Monday they will send him, otherwise they will wait to the next roster to go which isnt until the 9th June. Whilst the time off is lovely, the uncertainty is not, I can tell its making him a bit uneasy. Financially its going to be a stretch next month, but Im sure something will work out.

Lots of visitors coming today, my milk has just come through - hello Pammy!!! rolleyes.gif Indi still has a suck like a vampire, but I havent noticed anymore bleeding. Otherwise she is great, and I am amazed at how good I feel body wise this time. I put some pics of G and her up from yesterday, and may attempt some more today if I get the change in between visitors. Im going to Fiona tomorrow for some of Indi and I which will be lovely.

#264 ~Jules~

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:39 AM

Yep, you're making me very clucky too Alinta - so beautiful to have you sharing al this newborn-ness/babymoon period with us.  Loved the photos of I & G, looking forward to seeing results of tomorrow's shoot too.

Just came on to wish Reb all the best for her interview today - you'll do great!!

#265 mokeydoke

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:45 AM

They are lovely photos of G and Indi. Now I need some of the boys and her Tounge1.gif and of course, I can't wait to see the ones of you and your little girl. I can't imagine how emotional her birth is making you feel, especially on this day 3.

The masterchef party is what I am avoiding for Olivia by having the bowling party laughing2.gif She has a little kids cook book that she wanted to cook all of these things from but 20 7 year olds in my kitchen just would not be good. So bowling it is! I just booked it. We are in the disco room wink.gif Party on laughing2.gif

Last night around 9pm Curtis woke up howling, and Peter went in and retucked him in, did some sushing and he went back to sleep. Woohoo! as usually this means he gets into our bed. So when he did it again at 10.30, I sent Peter back in there and once again he settled. Sweet, I even told Peter he'd guaranteed himself a nightly duty for the next 2 years if it meant he wouldn't need to come into our bed (he hates our blankets, and kicks them off with force and usually ends up kicking me in the head). Then at midnight I heard him cry 'Daddy!'(which was cute laughing2.gif) then cough cough cough then spew spew spew. Not so cute. Peter didn't even hear him, and we were up for the next 3 hours. 3 hours of CBeebies and NickJr. He was cute though, raging temperature and he still said 'thank you mum, thank you (for) clean(ing) my spew' wub.gif

So today I'm buggered. I yelled a lot this morning. Kimbal is in tracksuit pants (because I couldn't find his school ones) and boots (because I couldn't find his joggers). Anyway I'm about to have a strong cup of tea and lie down for some more Nick Jr. We are making pizza tonight so I have to get the dough happening too.

#266 mamaknits

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

Mel, what about a cupcake decorating party? You can bake teh cakes in advance and give them a whole lot of different coloured icing and bits and pieces and tehre can be prizes for the prettiest cakes or something.

Alinta, love the pictures you put up. She looks so squishy. I am very clucky and very envious!

#267 MoonPie

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for all the thoughts, am in the waiting room now. Eek!

#268 casspice

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:57 AM

Aww I wanna see a photo. Dammit FB! It's times like this I wish I was still using it.

My DD went to a cupcake decorating party last year. It was SO much fun. The ucpcakes ended up being the birthday cake. The kids just arranged the cupcakes into the number 5, put candles on etc. It was a great party.

We're thinking about a teddy bears picnic for Isabelle's birthday this year. She's turning 6. I think she might be a bit old for a teddy bear picnic but she thinks it'll be fun.

#269 mokeydoke

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

It's funny Cass, how all of a sudden the kids are 'too old' for certain things. I saw in the party favour aisle at the reject shops these cute little fairy wands...but Olivia's past that stage now. I ended up buying little pencil cylinders and horse and kitten notepads. Animals will be the next fad to go, to be replaced with ??? Although a teddy bear's picnic is novel, and Olivia would like to go to one. You could ice and decorate some teddy bear biscuits.

Why can't you just keep your account but not post anything on it?

#270 mesaana

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:18 PM

We did cupcake decorating for Zoe last year too - it worked fabulously.  Very messy, but oh so much fun.

#271 Onemorebub

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

Thanks everyone we were only in Cas for 4 hrs under observation but he was fine so they let me go and I'm not upset by that it was only later once all the swelling went down that I noticed it was still dented and got worried so we had the xray and ct and although there is a fracture I have been told not to worry and I think there is nothing to be done anyway we will see him in 2 weeks, I was more blaming myself for it happening at all.

Went to the shops this morning which was challenging! and home now for a rest trying very hard to avoid any 'normal' hits to the head by B while he is healing he is just so full on! but I tell you when I say get down remember what happens? he remembers quickly and is quick to stop, so maybe he has learnt something although not a good way to do so.

#272 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

Far out - a post explosion!

Anna I hope you're better soon.

Alinta you should get G to go with you to Fionas to get pics of all of you together. I know the uncertainty of the work thing must be worrying but in the grand scheme of things it's so good that he has this extra time at home now. I'm loving hearing all about how things are going there - keep it coming original.gif

Mandy that was so cute of Curtis - not the actual spewing though laugh.gif

Good luck Reb!

Me - wading through a sea of pre-trip prep atm. Feeling a little overwhelmed but I'll work through it. Eating too much - binging actually. I need to have a bit of a chat with myself as it's starting to get out of hand. I think it's a bit of a stress reaction to all the stuff I have on my plate atm - house stuff, trip stuff, preschool stuff.

Not Carys though, she's doing really well. Has finally come good in the last couple of days after 2.5 weeks with that cold. For the last couple of nights she's gone back to doing some longer sleeps (7/8 hours) which has been wonderful. She's absolutely gorgeous and has been doing some lovely gummy smiles. Yesterday I gave her a really deep warm bath in the laundry trough & she actually laughed - it was so lovely wub.gif

Caelan is going really well too, mostly a pleasure to be around with the odd exception when he drives me crazy. He asked me yesterday how babies get in your tummy. He already know both options of how they come out but I wasn't quite prepared for the getting in there explaination. I skipped the sex part for now & went straight to growing from an egg. He said "like eggs on toast!" - uh, not quite roll2.gif

#273 mamaknits

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

He said "like eggs on toast!" - uh, not quite

roll2.gif

#274 mokeydoke

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:43 PM

Mmm eggs on toast  unsure.gif

I am so over today. Can somebody please clean up? And put the kids to bed?

Can someone a) tell me how to get music from the internet (like what used to be limewire) and b) list some good songs? I think I'm going to reload up my phone later. I'm sick of the songs on there.

#275 codex

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

Mandy, go to the ebook thread on our forum and use Rach's code  wink.gif .

Mel, while I remember I really should get those books back from Lachie, I keep forgetting to follow it up and every time another friend asks I literally do this  ddoh.gif .  Want to do an after school beach or park play on a fine day?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.