October 08 Parents # 75

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

#26 Small Potatoes

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

Sharna Any day is fine with me, as DH is home to keep the older two, so I can relax and chat and show of Lachie original.gif.  Girls night out sounds good though I might have to bring Lachie as he feeds crazily from 4pm to about 8:30, though hopefully in a month or two this will settle down, so can let you know (or I can get Mum to come and sit at a nearby table with him LOL).  Though I can express and leave bottles with DH.

#27 meeskamouska

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (Alis Volat Propiis @ 10/05/2011, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its my birthday in a month and I was thinking about another girls night out in town. Anyone keen? I will be closer to 40 than 30 and I want to celebrate original.gif

Laugh!! This year I'll b spot on 40....DDDDDDepressive!!! if thats a word even.
I'm free anytime ATM. So just say the weekend. I'll come.
A girls night is a little tricker organising things.... but I'm in.

#28 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:51 PM

Hi girls

Hope you all had a wonderful mothers day and were very spoilt!!

DH turned 40 a few weeks ago and my neighbours are turning 40 in June.. Alot of people turning 40 this year that I know of.. Im 30 next year and planning on having a big party since I didnt have an 18th and had to cancel my 21st cause of pneumonia..

Busy week here.. have my first party booked in.. Should be great fun and then a big one the week after with at least 30 people.. They are closing the bowling alley to the public for it and will have unlimited bowling, pizza, alcoholic slushie and play on the playground.. its going to be awesome!!

Better go - mopped floors today and Miss I is out there spilling water

#29 bec8112

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:13 AM

Very quiet in here again, I will come back in later once I am on the computer and have more time.

#30 meeskamouska

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

Sorry I haven't been posting much. Just been a littler crazy here.
Charlee fell out of the trolley shopping yesterday and has been highly upset ever since. Watching her like a hawk in case of cuncussion. I know...shocker!!!!! Not sure how it even happened to b honest. Felt like the worst parent in the world and certain everyone that saw it was talking about me on the way home in their car. So embarressed.
So in turn we had shocker of a night. I think I got up to Charlee at least 20times. Bella was home from school today as she was just seriously tired from being woken all night. So no DC day for me either.... sad.gif  grumpy children and mumma all round. Hopefully Paul will b home tomorrow...he went back to work early. I feel like a single parent. mad.gif I'm so worn out.
Anyway.... no time for too much whiney whiney. Mumma duties call.

Any thoughts on a weekend for a meet up. I could do next weekend.

#31 bec8112

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

Nat - Big hugs to you Charlee and Bella. Hope tonight is better. Do not beat yourself up, accidents happen. I always feel so guilty when Ethan or Hannah hurt themselves but it us just part of life I think.

Weekends should be ok for me, cannot think of anything planned. Hannah's parties will be mid June ( oh my I really should organise it!!!!)

#32 Small Potatoes

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:22 AM

Nat That happened to me with Olly in about Feb.  It was horrific, but he was fine.  I can still remember the sound his head made when it hit the concrete and I went ballistic at Will as he was moving the trolley when it happened and I had told him not to.  I felt so bad I almost vomitted.  Hope you are both okay now.

#33 bec8112

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

Nat - how is CR?  Do you still have my email address? If so can you email me as I have someone interested in your soap and have a few questions.

#34 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:42 AM

Nat - how is CR? I think we all know the mummy guilt that you feel when your kids hurt themselves. Dont beat yourself up hon... I also just wanted to say that all the mummys I sent soap to LOVE it.

Catch up to meet Lachie - did we decide on a date? This sat/sun? I am still happy to offer up my place or somewhere northside for Nat.

We are heading off to the Logan Kaleidoscope Festival this morning... should be fun.

Gotta go get the kids and husband ready.

Sharna

#35 Small Potatoes

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:55 AM

Anytime Saturday and Sunday from about 11:30 onwards, as we might take the boys to Currumbin Sanctuary on Sunday morning, tbhough if Sunday morning worked best for everyone, we could take the boys Sunday afternoon

#36 meeskamouska

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:19 PM

This weekend coming is good for me. It doesn't matter which side of Brissy. I can go the Esk way Sharna to get to your house. Fun!! It'll b good to catch up with everyone. I'll bring soap!! LOL.

CR is good. Thanx for asking everyone. It did take her a couple of days to stop bumping into everything. Poor wee thing.

Bec - I don't know if I have your email or not. I'll send you a PM with mine though.

Mel - how r u chick? R u able to come meet up on the weekend? Hope so.

#37 themelster

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

Hey guys,

Is it this weekend we are thinking of catching up?  If so, I can do Saturday arvo.  I've just got Tom's swimming at 10am but we're free after that.  I'm  happy to go North or South or volunteer my place.  Whatever works best for everyone else!

Nat - Glad CR is back to herself.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  Stuff like that happens.  

Hope everyone is well!

#38 bec8112

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

This weekend sounds good but I would prefer the morning, either day.

We are just heading home from Noosa. I worked 7-4pm on Saturday so I am so tired now!

Nat - glad CR is better.

#39 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:39 PM

Hi girls

Popping in quickly to keep updated.

I had my first party last night and it was great.. Heaps of sales and 1 booking as well as 2 possible hens nights one being down at surfers. So glad it went well..

Bec - Have a safe trip its bad enough having to drive but night time is worse i think

Nat - Sorry to hear about CR. Glad she is feeling better.. I have just about run out of soap aswell so would love to recieve another sample pack but im going to pay you this time.. Let me know how much if your up for it original.gif We started using the citrus and poppy seed one.. Very Nice original.gif

Hi sharna, Mands, and anyone else I have missed. I just went through the last few posts.

Not much happening here. DC day for me tomorrow and Tues and I need to get some order in this house. Its like a bomb has hit it lol..

Anyway might head off to bed and get an early night

Night all all

#40 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

Very quiet in here today.... i must be a thread killer  ohmy.gif

#41 meeskamouska

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (~mumto2girls~ @ 16/05/2011, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very quiet in here today.... i must be a thread killer  ohmy.gif

Funnnneeeee!!
You're not a thread killer. It just gets like that sometimes I think. Everyone gets busy etc.
U must b happy with how things are going with the new business Amanda. I'm happy for you.
BTW, my house regurly looks like a bomb went off. Enjoy your DC day. Mine isn't till Thursday.

Put in an order for my soap cards today. I didn't go with the whole brown and white look. Instead I went for a black red and white look. Here's a pic. What do u think??? I'll still wrap in white greaseproof, elastic bands, with black and red ribbon ties, thinking red bandanas to do special packs, bit of a look like that. A bit more modern looking. Any thoughts?

R we good for the weekend???

#42 ~Annika~

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:56 AM

Hey girlfriends, sorry it's been such a long time again since I popped in here!

Me Been busy doing the normal motherhood/housewife thing, still not working. Boys are having colds right now, Bryce getting over his but still gave it to Tyler. That's the way the cookie crumbles with kids hey. Lucky though, I haven't had a cold or anything in soooo many months, about a year ago I was catching every bug the boys would get from school or their play mates. I did part of a homeopathic detox (called Heel) and haven't been sick at all since. Pretty stoked about that!! I should do the full detox though to make sure I keep on top of things!

Bryce Has been growing so fast and is such a boy, no longer my little toddler.  sad.gif  Talking soooo much, and copying everything Tyler does. They have so much fun together now they have a bit more in common with riding big bikes with trainer wheels around the yard and doing everything together. Bryce is getting to be quite a determined little kid and really stands up for himself, puts Tyler in his place if he tries to take something from him. He's even made Tyler cry a few times giving back just as good as he gets, hehe, DH and I just smile at each other - thinking to ourselves "now he knows what it's like".

Tyler Has been enjoying pre-school, though he struggles with his concentration and focus on his school work. Teachers are quite frustrated that he doesn't apply himself as they know he is very smart and CAN do it all easily! I feel though that the school he is going to is expecting A LOT from the pre-schoolers accademically, they are expecting the kids to know their full alphabet and numbers and writing sentences by the end of the year. Why do they call it PRE-school then if they are coming down on the kids like a tone of bricks in regards to school work? What's Year 1 for then??? He brings home a folder with set homework to do EVERYDAY for us to go through with him and tick off, which we have been doing with him dilligently - but what the hell?? huh.gif  There will be enough of homework throughout the rest of his school years surely! He is actually READING books now at 5 years of age, that was unheard of when I was that age. He would rather be free to be a typical boy needing more physical activity (more so than girls do) and needing more interesting & fun ways of learning during the day and not just sitting down doing full on pen-to-paper book work nearly the whole time! Can't change the curriculum for us though, as much as we don't agree with their high expectations.

Anyway, that's us. Hope you are all going well and keeping well!

Edited to add that I wanted to say that the new soap lable looks great Nat!! Cool modern look!

Edited by ~Annika~, 17 May 2011 - 01:59 AM.

#43 themelster

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

Annika - did you watch 60 minutes on Sunday night?  It had a story about asian parents and the pressures they put on their children to succeed academically.  Off topic I know, but it was very interesting.  Apparently there are no anglo-saxon names in the top 20 list for academic results for both high school and university.  I think our western society can be a little lax when it comes to encouraging success in this area.  I agree that kids need to be kids in primary school (especially in prep!!!!), but I also think we've become a bit to afraid of "scarring" our kids emotionally if we get upset that they haven't achievved.  I think we've got too far one way and need to find a happy medium again.  

Meet - up.  Don't worry about me if Saturday morning suits everyone better.  I can make the next one.

Off to finish an assignment now.

#44 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

Nat - Yeah i know it does get quiet around here sometimes  biggrin.gif  Love the new label but the one you had on the mothers day pack was so cute and funky It was just gorgeous. Especially with the pastel wrapping you put around the soap. just gorgeous.. Im sure the new one will be just as nice.

Hi Annika. Sorry to hear the boys are sick. I have been getting a snuffly nose and my throat and ear have been itching lately.. Hopefully it doesnt turn into anything.

Another DC day here today.. Sitting in my front room in the sun. It has been getting to below zero here in the mornings and its not even winter yet.. Making it really hard to get out of bed in the mornings..

Alrighty need to go do some research on how to get a credit card facility going for my party plan. I applied with comm bank since we have our account with them but got a letter this morning saying it was declined. One of the reasons was because of the nature of business  rolleyes.gif

Anyway catch you all later original.gif

#45 meeskamouska

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

Amanda - what about just using paypal???

#46 bec8112

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

Catch-up  -  I can do Sunday morning if that suits everyone, say around 10am at someones house.

#47 Small Potatoes

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

Sunday morning is good for me too original.gif

#48 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

Sunday morning, 10am, at my place then?  That gives me Sat to tidy up the destruction after my days at work. You can all meet my chooks original.gif

I did some extra hours today which will be nice for the money and it was overtime. Downside is that I used up half of my 1 day a week when Nadia is in daycare. I still have a few lovely hours to spend with Aidan one-on-one. We are going to head out to the shops and then come home and cook up a storm ... veges for aidan and some savoury fish/rice balls for nadia.

I bought a sewing cabinet the other day in hopes of actually getting out my machine and doing some sewing. Long-term plan would be to sew stuff for Nadia and Aidan and my sisters kid's. I have a few really great/cute ideas in mind. I have a stifled creative side but havent found what I enjoy yet.

I am thinking of joining a choir. I love to sing (in the shower, along with the radio) and can carry a tune well enough but want to find something where there isnt the pressure of auditioning etc.

Nat - I have to say that I absolutely loved the styling of your mother's day pack and that the red/black/white doesnt grab me at all. Perhaps you can do a range of soaps that are abit more adult or designer/unique and use that theme for those. Just my opinion. I have all your soaps displayed in the bathroom and it looks and smells so nice.

Amanda - glad to hear your party went well. Funny about the comm bank giving you the reason for declining the credit facility. I thought it was getting cold here! Do you have heaters/heating?

Mel - have you started any uni placements yet? Any chance you are coming to Greenslopes? In my first year we did Aged Care (4 weeks in a nursing home) and Acute Adult  (3 weeks in a medical/surgical unit)and Maternal/Newborn (1 week on a maternity ward). The Aged Care placement really weeded out a few people. original.gif

Mands - how is Lachie? How are you? I hope you are getting alot of help at home and spending these precious moments with your little man. They go all too quickly.

Bec - did you ever hear back about that job? Poor form and really unprofessional if they never bothered to give you feedback. Can't wait to meet Miss Hannah on sunday. Hope you can make it. We can get our little fattys together.

Annika - hey there sweets. It is so lovely when you pop in to update us on your gorgeous family. Sounds like the boys are really starting to become little men. How nice that they are developing their relationship as brothers also. Are you doing massages? You mentioned that you still werent working... I would say to you stay with your babies as long as you can. It is one thing that I do regret each time I go to work and drop them off at daycare... if we could manage financially I would definately work less.

Ros - if you pop in to check I hope that your holiday was fabulous!

Ok, gotta go. A few precious hours until I go to pick up my little girl.

Can everyone RSVP for Sunday so I know how many chairs to get out etc. Just bring a plate of something yummy and I will do the drinks/tea/coffee etc. Any special requests? Mands?

Take care,

Sharna

#49 Small Potatoes

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

Sunday morning is great.  I amhappy with what is going.  Lachie is doing well.  He is looking fat and not so much like a newborn anymore sad.gif .

#50 bec8112

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

Sunday it is  smile1.gif

Sharna -can you PM me your address and mobile number???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.