October 08 Parents # 75

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

#51 meeskamouska

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

Sunday morning....cool.
I'll RSVP Sharna. Me & Charlee & a maybe Bella.

Off to think about my packaging  sad.gif  sad.gif  I really like the darker look  sad.gif  I already placed an order for the cards. Not to say I can't change it though.....

#52 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:11 PM

Nat - Dont feel down about the cards. Its hard to say without seeing them in real life. I dont know how they would go with the paper you wrap the soaps in.. maybe you could do like a "mans" pack together and wrap in red paper with those cards.. I just really loved the soft feel of the other ones but I think a mens range would be great with that packaging. As for paypal im not really sure how that would work... Would the customer need an account... Cause I want to get cc details off them at the party and have a program so it goes directly into our account. The one the bank had was good cause I could use an app on my iphone and do it directly at the party.. hmm more research for me

Sharna - yep we sure do have heating lol.. We have the ducting type so its in the roof and has a duct in every room. Its awesome!! I say go for it about joining a choir.. If you are comfortable enough then go for it.. Im not a very good singer at all - actually far from it lol

Hi everyone else.. Hope you have a great meet up on Sunday xx

#53 Fabulous

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

Hi ladies
flights went okay except Jack refused to wear the seatbelt in the planes. Last night we stayed in Glouster at the worst lodge ever (I didn't check trip advisor as I normally do). today we are heading onto Bath which is pretty close.

#54 meeskamouska

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:39 PM

Glad the trip is going good for you Ros.
Hi Annika. Nice to hear how you're going.

Amanda - Our town does a girls night every year and they have a business come that sells 'stuff'. She has her lappy set up and does all CC payements htru that with paypal. & no you don't have to have an acc set up to pay via them. Might b worth looking into. Just a thought.

#55 bec8112

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

Nat - forgot to say earlier, I like the new design for SoapBricks. But I like the other one too ( mothers day packaging ).  Could you just use both?

Mands - I have sent you 2 emails about Hannah's invites  original.gif

#56 ~Annika~

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

Sharna - Happy Birthday (for whenever it is/was)! Hope you will all have a great time on Sunday at your place!! I wouldn't say we can afford for me to be off work, but getting by, just not ahead which is frustrating. Where we live has many perks due to DH's work, not many outlays and expences which is our only saving grace. If we had a full-on mortage and huge monthly bills I would definitely have be back at work. I do massages in between but not as regular as I would like. I haven't got personal liability insurance yet as I would just break even at the end of it. Have been considering doing a short course in becoming a Health Direct Australia telephone triage advisor. Not sure about the process to achieve this though,so will check it out further online. This will allow me to stay at home and still work. All I need is a computer and phone and some peace and quiet while I am on duty, so coould do evening/nights shifts.

Mel - yes, a happy medium would be great in regards to academic standards! The asians are very high achievers for sure, and their parents do really push them - have seen documentaries about it also, not the 60 minutes one, but I do feel they are a bit over the top about it. How is your assignment going? I bet you are acing the subjects, you're a smart cookie!!  wink.gif

Nat - a couple of different designs for the soap cards would be great I reckon! But I can see that as a fellow perfectionist you would be constantly second guessing your final decision, hehe!!!

Mands - Lachlan is looking so much older already! It's hard to believe how fast that time goes hey.

Hi to all you other lovely gorgeous ladies!!!

Better go deal with Bryce as he is very upset in his bed for some reason.

#57 meeskamouska

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (bec8112 @ 17/05/2011, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nat - forgot to say earlier, I like the new design for SoapBricks. But I like the other one too ( mothers day packaging ).  Could you just use both?

Bec, its the same name I've had all along, I think u might be confusing it with 'soapbricks' LOL. I looked at their web a few months back and they don't post any longer. Strange... unless they r cutting back or it might b thats they have heaps of local business. They say they r only selling locally.

Annika - you're right!! I am second guessing it a thousand times due to my nature. U know me well!!

Not much time this morning need to get rolling for the day.
hugs beautiful girls!!

#58 bec8112

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:57 AM

Nat - sorry, thats what you get when I type a post when I am tired  blush.gif Sorry again.  Yeah I have heard that SoapBricks has gone to only selling at markets, she was a member on NA but think she disappeared.  I have had some of those soaps too and I found yours much nicer as the other ones were very highly coloured and usually covered in gliter.  Yours are much more natural looking IMO.  I am using the Lemon one at the moment and I love it so much!

#59 bec8112

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:31 PM

Catch up - Just want to confirm that it's still going ahead for 10am Sunday. I am trying to plan my weekend and want to make sure I don't double book :-P

#60 meeskamouska

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

I'm still good for sunday. I might not get there till 10:30 though. Will do my best.

#61 Small Potatoes

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:21 AM

Count me in

#62 themelster

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:38 AM

I can't make Sunday.  Boo hoo!  It's ok though, I'll make the next one.  Have fun guys!!

#63 bec8112

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

We could do it the weekend after so Mel and Tom could make it????

#64 themelster

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:33 AM

I could do it next Saturday afternoon but couldn't do the norning (swimming lesson) or Sunday (Alma Park Zoo!) so please don't change it on my behalf.  I know I am not very flexible!!!!  LOL.

#65 meeskamouska

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

I can do this weekend or next doesn't bother me. I'll just keep watch and see what happens. It would b nice to see you as well Mel.

#66 themelster

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:00 PM

Honestly guys, don't change it on my behalf. The mornings are better for you anyway, Bec, aren't they?

#67 Small Potatoes

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

I can't do next weekend, sorry - All Will's buddies are having birthdays.  But I don't mind if you guys all catch up then instead.

#68 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

Hi girls

Boring day here.. just cleaning.. DC day tomorrow but its K's sports day so will be there most of the day..

Just a quick question on something that has been bothering me for a couple of days..

As most of you know I had horrible pregnancies and was in and out of hospital etc.. Due to being sick the whole 9 months and infections and stuff hubby and i decided that he would go for the snip.. Anyway when Miss I came along he was already booked in and got the op done a few weeks later.. Now I thought that was it.. Fast forward to a few days ago after hubby had a few drinks we got on the topic of something relating to kids (I cant remember what it was) anyway jokingly he said "oh we should have another one to find out" Anway just joking around thinking I knew the answer of 2 (well thats what I thought all along) I asked him how many kids he wanted. His response was 3 but he is happy with 2. I asked him why he didnt mention that he wanted 3 before he had the snip. His reply was he knew how sick I got and couldnt put me through that again. Now im not sure how to feel about it. I mean to me 2 was it and I wasnt going back for more but now I know he always wanted 3 i guess i feel like i have taken that away from him. You know what I mean.. I feel sad that he couldnt tell me thats what he wanted and i think what if that 3rd one could of been the boy he always wanted?? I just feel hurt that he wasnt open to me about what he wanted, guilty that I took that chance away from him, Sad that he could possibly be sad... Just a whole range of emotions..

Sorry about that I guess I just dont know what to do.. Maybe I just needed to get that out.

Ok got to go check on the girls

will be back in later xx

#69 themelster

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

No way Mands, everyone is busting to meet Lauchie!!!  Please leave it for this weekend.  I'll make the next one.

Sorry Amanda, I'm just running Tom's bath so don't have time to respond right now, but I'll try and come back in and give you my thoughts after the bedtime drudgery, I mean fun....

#70 meeskamouska

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:55 PM

Amanda - that must b doing your head in. Try not to over think it too much beautiful.You'll make yourself sick. Did you want more babies/children? or is it just DH?

So we'll leave the meet for Sat then. 10am at Sharnas. I'm keen to meet Lachie. Fun.

#71 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:11 PM

Thanks Mel and Nat

Im very happy and content with the 2 girls. I really thought that hubby was too... Hence the decision for the op. I just really wish he spoke up before hand when I asked him before the op if this was what he wanted. He said yes. But now knowing it was because he didnt want me to go through what I went through again i just dont know how to feel about that. If I had an inkling that he wasnt 100% sure i would of made him wait on the op to be certain. Dont get me wrong he loves those girls to pieces and wouldnt change anything for the world but i just wish he was upfront and told me how he felt as I just feel i have let him down.. I mean im the reason why he went ahead with the op, because he didnt want me to go through all that again...

#72 bec8112

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:43 PM

Amanda - I agree with Nat, try not to overthink it. I think it must be a very tough situation to be in, come in here to talk about it anytime you need to. My advice would be to have a long talk with DH and get everything out in the open. Are you happy with 2 girls or would you have another? Dave and I have discussed the snip and we have decided against it for the moment as we are both so young, even though we don't want more kids. Sorry not much help. It must have been so hard to have such terrible pregnancies, I cannot imagine as pregnancy is meant to be such a wonderful time. Sorry for not being much help at all.

#73 Small Potatoes

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

Amanda I agree don't over think it. If it really meant so much he would have said something earlier. He may think "what if" he obviously has weighed up the pros and cons. I would love a 4th but I know DH would hate it more than I would love it so sadly am letting it go. I am lucky to have my three beautiful children and that is what i Will focus on.

Nat I thought the catch up was Sunday morning.

#74 meeskamouska

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (Alis Volat Propiis @ 17/05/2011, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sunday morning, 10am, at my place then?  That gives me Sat to tidy up the destruction after my days at work. You can all meet my chooks original.gif

Now were all confused...lmao!!

#75 bec8112

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:23 AM

I thought it was Sunday too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.