January 07 Parents # 539

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
123 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

New thread time ladies, almost a world record on the other one!

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=890628

#2 mokeydoke

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:18 AM

Yey! A new thread!

Cass - I can't get the torrent things to work, I just don't know how to work it. Hypnobanding sounds interesting, who does it? A 'hypnotist' or a psych? I've never actually been to a hypnotist but I've heard some crazy stories (about shows, not for any behaviour, real life stuff).

Busy day here today but I have decided to escape it all and go to the movies tonight, even though I'd rather just go to bed at the moment. Curtis had another bad night, no spew but he couldn't breathe through his nose and just wasn't a happy dude. I wasn't happy with him kidding me in the head either so we came back to the loungeroom. Peter said 'try to get some sleep today' huh.gif ok, so sometime between kinder assembley, playgroup (to discuss the netball I'm helping with tomorrow), picking up extra children and going to the park with other children (because O and K were supposed to be going to their house but I forgot about the extra children laughing2.gif). So that's my day. And cleaning in between playgroup and picking up the first extra at 2.30.

Right now I need to dress the remaining 2 and get ready to leave

#3 azalia

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:03 AM

Goodmorning:)

Cass - Good on you!! I think its great that you are doing something:) If your committed Im sure it will have a positive effect.

Mandy - hope your days better today, Curtis is very cute with his spew praise.

Reb - how did you go?

Im making myself clucky with Indi too, she is a million times more than I ever could have imagined, Watching her, and then watching the boys, I just feel so lucky. She slept well last night wrapped so snug I could barely see her. I went to bed early at 8pm, she work at 11.30 again at 3 then 7. Even if it only lasts a week its allowed me to catch up on al the sleep i missed the last few weeks.

Feeding is going well, still awfully painful when she attaches but settles ok once shes feeding for a bit.  She is another Mason - power drainer, boob empty in 5 minutes.

We had lovely visits yesterday from Mel and Scarlett, with the most heartwarming gift, a breathtaking oil print of a mama and her 3 babies Im dropping it to the framers this morning. And a stunning necklace of a nest with 3 pearl eggs. Its beautiful. We have been so spoilt with support and love, I again really do just feel so blessed as corny as it sounds. Loads of rain today, hoping i can still get my photos with Fi done. I think she has studio lights though, but ill have to cancel the maternity shoot i have for this arvo.  

Having a no visitors day on Saturday, will put the heater on and settle in and get the photo I want hopefully of the boys holding Indi. It could be a nightmare but Im hoping the oblige. Ive told them It will be going over the big family canvas so Byron is pleased about that.

#4 ~Jules~

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

'Try to get some sleep today' hey Mandy, yeah right!  You might not end up seeing much of the movie tonight though lol!

The hypnobanding sounds v.interesting Cass!  I guess it can't hurt and seeing as a lot of it seems to do with a mental shift re eating and exercise etc then it makes sense.  

On a similar note - after being down among all the temptations in Perth for 4 or 5 wks and not being able to weigh myself, I got home and realised I didn't put any kgs on and I've now lost 18kgs since Jan.  It is weight that has really just crept on over time since babies and so I'm now back to pre-kids, pre-wedding actually and hope to maintain it as I feel really good energy-wise etc.

We are in the midst of moving - DH got the Broome job so we will be there by the end of next wk!  On the way through last wk we checked out the house, school and daycare (all on same street, handy) - all looking great and I'm excited about the change of scenery and the new opportunities and options for all of us!  biggrin.gif

At the same time, my mum is still sick in hosp in Perth - has spent the past 5/6 wks as an involuntary patient in locked psych ward - extreme case of agitated depression, also delusional and number of other things - she has started ECT/shock therapy to little result atm - is hard to explain the severity or complexity of it (I will try before we move house, to get on the other board to write more, as I probably don't feel comfortable putting it all here) - is terrifying because she basically has just completely lost her mind, and no idea why/how/what to fix it.  Medications seemed to have had no effect, ECT minimal impact after 6 sessions so far.  So it was difficult and mixed emotions to leave Perth, in the midst of it - but at least from Broome I am able to travel to/from Perth much more easily and often as needed. Dad described the situation yesterday as like a novel in progress and the author doesn't know how it will finish or the state of mind of the main character!  

Alinta, I love the sound of your gifts from Mel - did she do the oil painting herself?  Hope the sun comes out for your photos!

#5 azalia

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

Jules - I can only imaging what that is like with your Mum sad.gif  I had no where near as bad with Dad and it was horedous because there is nothing you can do. On the weight loss you look seriously INCREDIBLE!!! I was blown away when I saw you last month. I hope the move goes smooth and you enjoy your new surroundings!

#6 MoonPie

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:17 AM

Jules, ECT is very full on stuff but I have seen some great results documented. I hope its the thing that works for your mum sad.gif Again, let me know if I can do anything xx

Interview went well, I think?? Hard to tell original.gif

#7 lissiloo

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:37 PM

Sitting here waiting for some firewood to be delivered. It's been cold enough that we have been having the fire on most days as well as evenings ... I have a feeling it is going to be a long cold winter. Did I tell you how much I I hate winter?

Anyway, it's late (he called to apologise), not that I had anything much planned for today. Poppy is fiddling around, Jack is drinking his bottle, and will go to bed as soon as the wood arrives. Have had a horrendous couple of nights with him waking and requiring a bottle to get back to sleep -- he's teething again (more molars). Last night I was up from 12:30-1:15 and then again from 3:-4:30, and then he woke at 6:30 with an overflowing nappy (but I made DH get up for that one). At least he hasn't got that nasty spew-inducing cough anymore.

DH and I are going to go out for dinner tonight -- postponed birthday dinner! And my sister and family are down tonight so the kids will see their cousins. Tomorrow is the school fete, so a big day. I am working in the crazy hair/facepainting/nail polish and tattoos section in the afternoon, but hopefully they'll be out of hairspray by then and I won't have much to do

Hmm, I'm trying to get myself interested in dieting again -- hopefully next week I'll get back on the bandwagon (trying to get rid of all the bad food in the house   rolleyes.gif  ). I was very tempted to buy a recent offer of ten zumba classes from scoopon as they were being held just down the road but unfortunately the classes are at 6 and 7 pm and there is no way I can get there at that time of day as DH usually isn't home til after 7:30. Sigh.

The hypnobanding sounds interesting Cass, you just have to have a little faith! And Jules, great job!

Mandy -- poor Curti, sounds like he has the same thing Jack has had twice recently. Not fun eh? I'm just waiting for my turn, I have had so much snot rubbed into my face recently.

Alinta -- sigh, wish I could visit too! I was feeling a bit sad the other day that I won't ever breast feed again (I don't mind feeding the bubbas, it's when they get to the grabby, pinchy, bitey stage that I'm over it). Of course I notice EVERY bfing mamma in the shopping centres right now  original.gif

Jules -- sorry to hear about your mum, you must feel so helpless (and she must feel so frightened!). I hope things improve soon. Good luck with the move to Broome! It'll almost feel like a city after where you've been living!

Reb -- fingers crossed!

Well, might go and put a load of washing on so I have something to wear tonight. Talk to you all later.

Cheers
Lissiloo

#8 ~Jules~

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

Thanks guys!

Reb, when will you get some feedback on the interview - sorry if it's a silly q, but was this to secure a placement on the course?  I thought you mentioned already having a midwifery placement within your current hosp, is that for the work exp type component, and this is for the actual entry into the uni course?

Enjoy your dinner out Liss!  And the school fete tomorrow sounds like it'll be fun too original.gif  

We are having a garage sale tomorrow morning, to get rid of anything and everything we don't want to take with us - so I'm just organising all that gear and making some honey joys, biccies etc with anything I have left in the fridge/pantry to give away to the kids too.

Have a great arvo everyone xo

#9 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:33 PM

Jules I'm so sorry about your Mum, I cant even begin to imagine how upsetting it must be. How is your Dad coping? Well done on the weight loss, I can imagine how great you're looking. And how exciting moving to Broome!! Make sure you get up to Cape Leveque while you're there - amazing!

Liss I'm glad you're getting out for a birthday dinner, have a lovely night original.gif

Reb I'm sure it went well, how could it not?

Mandy - yeah right get some sleep rolleyes.gif

Alinta good luck with the pics, looking forward to seeing what you end up with!

It's freeezing here! I've even been running the heater during the day as the sun has been behing clouds & we rely on at least a couple of hours of sum to keep the house warm enough on its own. The slow cooker is on with a chicken casserole - smells great.

Caelan's having a rare nap, Carys is feeding then we need to go out to the shops to get MIL birthday present. Was going to do it all on the way home from this mornings playdate but Carys filled her nappy just as we were leaving & it was close to lunchtime so I baled on it all till this afternoon.

#10 cuddlymumof4

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

Cass: The hypnobanding sounds interesting let us know how you go.

Mandy: Hope your day gets better so you can enjoy the movie.

Alinta: Sounds like you got spoilt by Mel & family. Good luck tomorrow with getting a pic of all 3 original.gif.

Jules: Well done on the weight loss. Good luck with moving. So sorry to hear about your Mum sad.gif.

Liss: Enjoy your dinner tonight. Hope you all have fun at the fete tomorrow too.

Not much happening here. Is very windy & cool but nothing that winter warmies don't fix.

Am being called to go play a game with Lateesha.

Have a great weekend all.

Anna

#11 ~Jules~

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

OMG so clucky - there are a few pics on fb that Fiona has tagged Alinta in so I can see them but can't comment, so beautiful!! Esp one of Alinta bfing Indi *sigh*  wub.gif  You look gorgeous and so in love Alinta - can see where your Pammy reference came from too lol wink.gif

#12 azalia

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

I just 'ran' to FB to have a look. Thanks Jules:) They are gorgeous, Indi was a nightmare!! My sleepy baby vanished as soon as she realised we wanted her naked, and she screamed more than Ive ever heard her for about 2 hours till we gave up. I love the ones Fiona got, but we werent able to get any of the ideas we had in mind, she was so stubborn!! Ill try again tomorrow and have Gareth take them, so hopefully:)

Just running up to the framers bbl.

#13 mesaana

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

But she likes to be toasty warm Alinta - and you had her naked   ohmy.gif  wink.gif  .  Perhaps turn the heating up to 30C next time ...

#14 creativemummy

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:33 PM

Hi Everyone..

just dropping by to say hello.. just quick reading up on the latest posts - some predicting the world will be ending at may 21 at 6pm - so if you are reading this - you have been left behind like me - LOL!

i left a post in the assistant conception.. we are thinking of having a 2nd opinon with sydney ivf, they are in newcastle too, at mereweather.. since dr we saw for hunter ivf, claims to do a basic ivf cycle - which am refusing to do, since that is all we did the last few times and got us basically no where. This will be our first and last time of ivf, am over this ttc for a baby buisness.. its been 11 years for us this year, since we first started -bloody long time!

anyway other than that.. am also clucking over Alinta's little girl, i long for alittle girl, but be blessed with little boy too. (know what to do with them!!)

have a great weekend all. see you in fb

#15 donthavetv

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

The world ending , ha ha, well it apparently happened for us Catholics in 1994, although I wasn't actually a Catholic then. roll2.gif It seems (according to this dude) that Catholics are no better than non believers so my conversion was all in vain. tongue.gif

For those of you who fit the bill, enjoy your rapture !.

Codex, Ill get the books together, I think it will be easier for us to catch up in the morning as my afternoons are chockas.

SO my husband and I had an uber lazy morning, we stayed in bed until midday, ignore the mess, watched some tv, had some kiddy cuddles, looked at some old photos of the kids when they were little and then some old music videos. Then we got up and cleaned like trojans, and now all is good. Just shows you how easy it is to take some time for yourself and what is important in life and still be able to get an acceptable amount done.

Basketball soon at a very respectable time of 330.

tomorrow I have an afternoon shoot after footy which I am looking forward to. Some long time friends should be fun.

tis all from me...y'all get posting now ya hear ? !

#16 mamaknits

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

My whole family missed teh rapture! We were tired after a day out and we were napping. Now, those of you reading this.. what were YOU doing that you missed it?  Tounge1.gif

#17 mokeydoke

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

Not dead here yet either Tounge1.gif

We had a lovely day but I'm a little tipsy and typing on my iPhone doesn't work all that well.

I will sit down a little later, I'm going to be looking at our planned Uluru adventure so any ideas welcome!

Jules- I'm sorry about your mum's relapse. How distressing for everyone.

#18 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

We were just having dinner when the end of the world didn't happen.

Mandy make sure you get out to the rock for sunrise as well as sunset. We found sunrise to be more spectacular & it's an incredible start to the day. Kings Canyon is a must as are the Devils Marbles (sunset) and Mataranka hot springs, Litchfield NP & Kakadu if you do head right up north.

#19 donthavetv

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

It was the same at the Grand Canyon, the sunrise was better than the sunset. I think you get more pinks and blues with a sunrise.

#20 fillesetjumeaux

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:59 PM

The world ended in my head, I was in bed with a migraine at 6pm.  Forced myself out of bed at 6.20pm as my sister was here for dinner.  I managed to get over the head issue in time to enjoy Spooks, but still a bit fragile, so will head to bed soon.

Jules, sorry to hear about your mum.

#21 azalia

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

Funnily enough we are all still here too tongue.gif

Lots more visitors today, and have lots more tomorrow too. While its nice, Its draining as well, and by 2pm today I just wanted to say no more! About to go to bed once I have this album uploaded. Indi is still going super, feeding well, sleeping fantastic and acting very cute. She always has her hands up to her face, and as she is always in a jumpsuit with cuffs, she looks like a little joey. When you run your hand down her nose she opens her mouth wide, and looks like shes smiling. Ill try to get it on camera tomorrow, but its so gorgeous. I just want to wrap her up and keep her at this age forever.
I tried photos again today, but even with the room at about 35 she screamed the whole time I had her unwrapped, and she is clearly more stubborn than I as I gave up. Will try again tomorrow but will have to incorporate her wrapped in the photos.

Megan - you go so soon, are you excited? Where exactly are you going while you are there?

Janet - hope you wake headache free in the morning.

#22 mokeydoke

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:21 AM

When you said you were uploading an album I rushed to facebook, but nothing wink.gif I've been thinking lately I could deal with holding a newborn all day long, just not the other stages to follow. And am I moving into grandma territory by advocating holding them all day long because they grow too quickly? laughing2.gif

I was super proud of Olivia yesterday at netball, so there are benefits to them growing Tounge1.gif I was one of 3 running the kinder/year 1 program - but none of us had seen the program before or knew any of the games we were supposed to be playing so it was a bit chaotic with 26 little ones all keen to get into it. Well, 24 were keen, 2 were really not keen. 1 spent the time crying, and I would have liked to coax her to play but I was trying to help the other girl first (I was reminded of Kimbal not wanting to go to school, and really wanted to get her involved). So I basically did the exercises with her, we integrated for running, and during the ball throwing practices the other girls stood in line but she refused to join them so I threw to her in the other direction. She was warming into things, which was about all I could expect in the first week, but Olivia kept going up to her asking if she wanted to go with her back to the group and by the end those 2 were having a lot of fun throwing the ball to each other, copying what I was doing with the other girls. It was so good to see her (the other girl) enjoying herself, and her mum thanked me at the end too which was nice. Hopefully it will be easier for her next week, Olivia was so sweet with her though. She's a very caring little girl.

We had a lovely day though. After netball we went for a drive into the forest 20 minutes away, did a bit of fishing and walked around for a bit. Curtis is at a difficult stage laughing2.gif but we dealt with it (ie if there is a fish, it is his. If there is a yabby, that is also his. Nets are his. Sticks are his. Anything that is either needed or wanted by anybody else is already Curtis's rolleyes.gif). On the way home, while we were talking about what we'd have for dinner, Olivia decided we should have a picnic outside next to the fire. I said no (I just wanted to relax and do nothing), but Peter said 'we'll see' and they all cheered roll2.gif So we all went out to the shed, where we have a wood heater/stove type thingy and put out the picnic rug with lots of picnic type snacks (easy dinner wink.gif ) and sat around. Then Peter's friend came around with steak to cook on the fire, and it was delicious. I drank almost a bottle of wine - it was too easy to drink - then came inside as the kids started dropping off. Well I did, I woke at 3 and they were still out there  ohmy.gif

Kimbal is currently being good to the point of ridiculous trying to earn some stamps. His next reward is a birdcage, in which to house his following reward of a bird. So we could be pet shop looking today, and going to a cafe because Olivia has only one stamp left on her cafe latte chart wink.gif

#23 azalia

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

Sorry to dissapoint Mandy, a wedding actual album was what I was uploading!

Your day yesterday sounds really lovely, and the camp fire sounds gorgeous! I bet the kids loved it.

#24 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:09 PM

Yes we're getting excited Alinta though I'm a little aprehensive as well. I'll try to see if I can find an itinerary with map application that I can put onlline. It sounds as though Indi & Carys are both little miss stubborns re photo shoot cooperation. Very frustrating.

I keep having nightmares about getting to international in Melbourne & having left a passport at hime or something incredibly stupid like that. That fear has eased off a bit since I started the packing list a couple of weeks ago rolleyes.gif but it's still niggling.

Mandy I love the sound of wine around an outdoor fire original.gif

Carys rolled for the first time this morning!!! Front to back on her play mat - so exciting!  biggrin.gif

Edited by ThatsNotMyName, 22 May 2011 - 12:10 PM.

#25 fillesetjumeaux

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

Don't worry, Megan, you sound organised.  I turned up at Heathrow with a 9 week old baby only to be told she could not enter Australia as she had no Australian passport.  How was I supposed to know, as an Australian, whose husband had entered and left Australia using just his UK passport, that you could only do that if you also had an Australian passport linked to your UK passport in the immigration system???  You want stress???  Sobbing mother, oblivious baby, and airline people desperately trying to get hold of Canberra at 5am Australian time to issue an emergency visa so we could take off in 2 hours.  Sigh.  It's okay, it hasn't left me psychologically scarred or anything...

Well, I have another migraine starting.  And I've worked out what it is.  It's day 2 of the 3 days of migraines I got last time in the 3 days before AF arrived.  And that also means another 23 day cycle if this is following the same pattern.  I told J I was having another baby even if it meant sticking a needle into his testicles to collect sperm, because I was not F***ING going through this F***ING pain every 3 weeks for the next 5-10 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.