January 07 Parents # 539

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
123 replies to this topic

#26 Onemorebub

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

ouch! Janet to you and to J LOL!

#27 mamaknits

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

Sobbing mother, oblivious baby, and airline people desperately trying to get hold of Canberra at 5am Australian time to issue an emergency visa so we could take off in 2 hours.

That was me on our first trip to KL with Alex when he was abt 13 mths old. I did not realise that I could NOT re-enter Australia indefinitely with my permanent residence visa and apparently it had expired. Panic ensued, with the airline staff trying to contact Canberra (which apparently had a 24hour helpdesk) at about 11pm Canberra time or something. Managed to get an emergency visa and I have learned my lesson!

Mandy - yay for Olivia
biggrin.gif

Edited by mamaknits, 22 May 2011 - 06:04 PM.

#28 mokeydoke

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

Go on Janet, you might get triplets next time wink.gif I actually think you need a recovery easy singleton to finish your birthing days with so there you go. Permission and approval granted!

Omg those are horror international flight stories. I think I'd be having similar stresses if I ever planned to leave the country.

I just took the 3 older kids to the cafe (mccafe wink.gif) for olivia's treat and it was so easy without Curtis. So in 2 years life should be good. Luella has calmed down heaps now, she even sat through the school assembly on Friday without a peep. Curtis meanwhile danced like a lunatic in front of the whole school before someone redirected him in my direction and I scooped him up to take outside.

Ho hum rainy day, not much to do except mountains of housework that I don't feel like doing.

#29 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

http://www.tripline.net/trip/UK_2011-00500...395?n=5#fbshare

Also on FB profile  cool.gif

If you click on Open Editor the map comes up

Jeepers Janet & Celia - that is my nightmare come true!

Edited by ThatsNotMyName, 22 May 2011 - 04:40 PM.

#30 mamaknits

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

That's quite a trip, Megan. WHo's going to look after Chester?

#31 codex

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:44 PM

Mel, sounds good.  Do you want to do a play with the two youngest on non school days or a coffee with just us on child free days?

Janet, have you thought about trial and error with hormonal BCP?  I controlled my hormonal migraines for years with single dose BCP and no break for months on end, it kept the hormones level and stopped that big rush and drop off trigger.  Luckily pregnancy changed them so they aren't as bad now.

#32 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

Celia FIL is going to house sit for us.

#33 fillesetjumeaux

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

Codex, I had vaguely considered going back on the pill but it scares me a bit:I feel like I could become a statistic and have a clot.  Just a little phobia of mine.  Anyway, fingers crosses it stays away now - I hit it hard with meds and it disappeared entirely, I couldn't tell you the last time I got ri of a migraine without going to bed with an icepackand Dolased.

#34 azalia

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:30 PM

Megan - WOW what a trip! You are going to so many places!! Driving? I loved Chester, beautiful shopping and gorgeous old buildings, the streets are beautiful.

Janet - would you consider a hysterectomy?Drastic I know, but it stops it all.

Im loosing my husband tomorrow and Im nervous. Hes been here for almost 4 months now which has been wonderful. The boys are going to be so sad when I pick them up tomorrow and Daddys not there, I just hope I can cope with it all without anyone feeling neglected.

Indi is still gorgeous, I have some great outtakes from photos today, shame I did not get what I had in mind, but that happens with kids! Ill try with madam again tomorrow in between dropping dh to the airport.

#35 lissiloo

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:59 PM

Hello

Utter exhaustion in this house this weekend! We had the school fete yesterday which was exhausting, and even though we didn't do much today, we ended the day with a big tidy-up in the playroom and girls' room, which meant lots of yelling as the girls were not feeling very inclined to help. Sigh.

The fete was fun, we were there for hours. I had to work on the "crazy hair" stand which was basically coloured hairspray and hair extensions. Would not have liked to be getting either one out at the end of the day. The hairspray stank, was pretty yuck actually! The girls had a ball, we bought them a ride pass which they certainly got their money's worth from, and they bought lucky jars (jars full of lollies, stickers and other bits and pieces). Plenty of friends there to play with too. The weather was great -- a bit windy but sunny all afternoon and quite warm (21ish). It's rained off and on today, but not cold, looks like a cool, damp week ahead though.

Busy week ahead, as usual  wink.gif  Kinder fundraising meeting tomorrow night, houseguests, all fun!

Janet -- is there a history of clots in your family? Or is it just a fear you have of the pill? It's pretty debilitating in the long run to have migraines and short cycles, so it might be worth the risk if you're not in a high risk group for clotting.

Megan - I'm envious of your trip, you lucky thing! Ooh, and rolling already, clever Carys!!

Well, I'm pooped so going to love you and leave you, watch masterchef (got it recorded) and then off to bed. Talk to you later ...

Cheers
Lissiloo

#36 mokeydoke

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

Hope the airport drop goes well Alinta. How long is he gone? I loved the out takes laughing2.gif

Grandad has been given 24-48 hours so it appears we'll be going back this weekend.

Watching baggage with Jerry Springer and it's making me laugh. I can't think of any of my own baggage wink.gif

All of this international travel has got me interested. I'm thinking Hong Kong Disneyland? Anyone been or looked into it?

#37 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

Mandy we thought about it when we went to HK but Caelan was only 11 months so it wasn't the best time to go. Good luck with the trip & your Grandad. That sounds wrong. You know what I mean hhugs.gif

Janet what about a Mirena? I've alwats sworn I wouldn't go back on hormonal bc but aparently the dose is quite localised so has minimal impact elsewhere in your body so I'm slightly considering it now.

Liss the fete sounds fun if exhausting. I love fetes  happy.gif

Horrid day here, rainy & windy. It would be great if I didn't have to be in & out of the house for various things. Aparently we're forcast to have the high pressure system & good weather back by next weekend which will be much more pleasant for our interstate visitors  cool.gif

Mandy we thought about it when we went to HK but Caelan was only 11 months so it wasn't the best time to go. Good luck with the trip & your Grandad. That sounds wrong. You know what I mean hhugs.gif

Janet what about a Mirena? I've alwats sworn I wouldn't go back on hormonal bc but aparently the dose is quite localised so has minimal impact elsewhere in your body so I'm slightly considering it now.

Liss the fete sounds fun if exhausting. I love fetes  happy.gif

Horrid day here, rainy & windy. It would be great if I didn't have to be in & out of the house for various things. Aparently we're forcast to have the high pressure system & good weather back by next weekend which will be much more pleasant for our interstate visitors  cool.gif

#38 cuddlymumof4

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

Megan: Looks like a busy trip, but you will have a great time. Clever girl Carys on rolling already.

Alinta: Take things easy & except any help that you can get. How long is G away for?

Liss: Sounds like the girls had a great time at the Fete. We have ours in August, so lots of plans going on at school.

Mandy: Big hugs to you all.

We had a pretty busy weekend. Saturday morning Nakita had Ballet, then we visited a friend & then via the shops on the way home to pick up some stuff for dinner. Had friends over for dinner that night & had 2 extra girls end up sleeping over. On Sunday we did some yard work, mowing etc. Toke the 2 girls home & then went to Bunnings to get some new plants etc for the garden & pots.  

Today we have been to playgroup & now Kaleb is sleeping & Lateesha is watching a movie.

Anna

#39 donthavetv

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

Janet, I sympathise. I had been in excruciating pain all weekend along with the stupid feeling of dread and being on the verge of tears all day, all because of hormones and AF. I am iron deficient due to the enormous blood loss every month as well. My doctor told me to consider a mirena too, but that just annoys me considering I had a TL !.

I have been super productive today in my detail cleaning week. We have our NET boys coming this weekend, and I am much better prepared this year as we had them in mind when we put an extra bed in Lachy's room when we reno'd. I bought them brand new doona's and doona covers, sheets and towels, so now just have to detail clean everything. There is so much dust everywhere with these new floors, but I guess it was there before and just trapped in the carpet. sick.gif

I am annoyed with Lachy's football club. They sent a text asking if we were happy with two extra registrations. we already had 17 kids (only 13 can go on) and so all the parents said no as it wasn't fair on our kids having to sit on the bench all day. I was especially annoyed as Lachy has played 8 seasons with them, 7 of those they were short, including last year when they won the comp. Now they win the comp and we have every kid and his dog wanting to sign up. So he spent half the game on the bench last week when the new kid spent the whole time on the field. Half the team also don't turn up for training, and still get equal game time. It just sh*ts me because he wants to play a full game and I think he has earned the right to. He was also only one of four picked in the rep side, so it isn't like he is going to make the lose if he is on the field. He is getting so frustrated.
Yesterday, we turned up to play 13's which he always plays (grade up) because his team had a bye. They told us to get there at 930, which we did. No one else turned up until at least 10, and a kid from the 12's turned up 5 mins before the game and got a full game. Lachy started on the bench, whilst four of his 12's teammates ran on. They aren't any better players either. I am sick to death of it. Surely you reward the kids who come on time, turn up every week, go to training etc. I am also forever doing stuff for the club, photos on the 60th anni, 3 hours editing time. 3 hour committee meetings every month, 2 hours with the local council.
So I am going to see if he can go back and play Rugby Union on Saturdays, just so he gets some game time.
Sorry for the rant, but it is really annoyed me. I don't know what else I can tell Lachy to do, he gives 110% every week. He's even missing a weekend away with me this weekend as he didn't want to miss his game. rolleyes.gif

Anyhooo, thought I'd just have a ramble on.
Have a great afternoon everyone.

#40 fillesetjumeaux

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

THat sucks, Mel.  I saw your FB post about it.  Makes me so angry.  I hate that it teaches our children that effort does not necessarily equal reward, and slacking off does not necessarily equal missing out on something.

And I thought of you when I got the migraine on Saturday.  I remembered you saying how you got all irrationally teary prior to AF.  And, wouldn't you know it, I'm watching The Kennedys last night, and there was a scene where JFK's dad tells him that women expect their husbands to be unfaithful, but not to flaunt it in front of them, so it's okay to be unfaithful, and Robert K says something along the lines of making vows before God about being faithful and maybe he could try that, and the father says something about how he doesn't understand how he raised a son like that.  If J hadn't been in the room, I would have bawled.  I felt so sad for Robert being a good, hardworking person and faithful husband, and his father criticises him for that???

Anyway, no migraine today wink.gif  Still teary, though.  And exhausted.  I think I'll see my GP next week, and rule out iron deficiency, and thyroid problems (losing hair by the handful), and see what she thinks.

#41 mokeydoke

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

That is bad Mel. Are there any other teams he could play for? I have no idea how that works, but if other people can team hop he could at least look into it. All the big NRL players team hop wink.gif

Curtis just smashed a glas with his blanky rolleyes.gif

#42 codex

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

That's one tough blanky  ohmy.gif .

Mel, is he very emotionally connected to that team?  Actually, even if he isn't it shouldn't be right to have to change teams when he's put in the hard work with this one and they screw him just when they get to the top.  I don't know.  I'll just sit and stew with you.

Alinta, how are the boys?

#43 donthavetv

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:08 PM

yeh, there is no easy solution. He has played with them since he was 5 and it's close to home, so I aint leavin, nor should we considering all the time and effort we have put into the club only for some johnny come lately's to sideline him.
I'll see how this weekend goes, I told his coach I wasn't happy last week and I left in a hurry yesterday, so I expect they know I am not happy.
I am on the club committee, so I might raise the issue of over- registration at the next meeting. who would have thought eh ? a WA rugby league club with too many kids ???

Codex, give me a week or so until I get my guests over and done and we will catch up one day. I wont know until next week what days I have free.

Trip planning going well, will be going back into PA to see the Amish country as I missed it last time and that annoyed me. we will fly out of a small PA airport to LA. I'm lovin these small airports, much easier to navigate.
Just looking at accommodation in KL for our stopover.

Haven't had a look at your trip yet Megan, but Ill be hanging off your every post when you get there. Where do you fly out of ? or hve you told us that already ?

#44 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:27 PM

Mel we are going Canberra-Melbourne-Singapore-Heathrow. I don't know how often I'll be getting online while we're away but I'll try. I think you need to lay it out to the club re Lachy's treatment, it's really unfair.

#45 donthavetv

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:17 PM

How long do you have to wait in Melbourne Megan ? Is it a through ticket or do you have to stuff around changing planes ?

#46 azalia

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:03 AM

Middle if the night feeding, little miss is a far better day sleeper than night. Day she can go 4-5 hours although yesterday I woke and fed her every 3 to see if that would help, but at night she's every two hours as well as having awake periods of an hour. I'm tired but that is all part and parcelwitha newborn. She was whinging a fair bit before and I couldn't settle her so re fed, and got covered In a full feed of spew. Lesson learnt. Hoping she drops off now.

Mel - that's really really terrible and sets such a crap example for the kids. I definatly think you should talk to them  especially with how long you've been there and how involved you are.

Dh got away fine, I think my 3 day blues that didn't happen kicked in once he left as I suddenly burst into tears reading the boys a book tonight. I felt bad for the boys not having dh here to do bedtime routine, as he is way more fun at it than I am. They are fine though, we all went over to the park after school which was nice. Pram is going to be a bit of a problem though for the school walk, as the pram moves crap with the skateboard attachment on the back for Byron and I think he willdecide he's too tired all the time riding his scooter.

Anyway should try to get back to sleep, Indi is still wriggling but hopefully asleep soon.

#47 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:28 AM

Alinta would it be worth getting a cheap double pram to use while Indi's still small so that you can have her in it then pop her in a sling & B in the pram when he's tired of walking? Maybe by the time she's to big to be carried B will be that bit older/bigger that he doesn't tire as quickly?

Mel we have to change planes & we have 4.5 hours in Melb. There's no proper international flights out of Canberra & we're on an A380 from Melbourne to London which is exciting.

#48 Denghiu

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

Hey all! I love reading your account of new baby Alinta, and Megan, Carys rolling already? Wasn't she just born!

Megan- I hope you've maid a proper complaint re L's rugby as that is just not on. Terrible example to set for all the kids. Makes me really angry for you!

As many of you have probably seen we are with land! Well soon anyway. The bill for the land is due 31 may so after that once it is paid.

We also got the plans for our neighbors house as he has applied for permission to build 16sqm bigger than allowed. We are allowed to build on 25% of the land, nothing more... he has about 900 sqm so he is basically going to build a 250 sqm house! and it is two full stories PLUS a bit more on top of that, like some sort of gazebo on the roof... oh and did I mention it is round! The whole house that is, not the gazebo, the house. Yes I think it is pretty cool, but I also don't think I'd like it next to my little one storey 120sqm house with this gigantor blocking all of my sun! My precious sun I tell ya! Grr... So I guess I have to object to his plans just to put a spanner in his wheel. He is situated on our sunny side too so he will shadow us majorly.

The joys of house building, already making enemies with the neighbors.

On other notes, Linus counts to 18, which was surprising. He loves loves loves the colour green and he absolutely adores his blankie from Alinta atm as it is green of course! He was home sick today, completely whacked out, fell asleep around 9 when I took Ava to preschool, so I took the opportunity to run into work to do some things, he woke up after a while, lifted his beanie off his eyes, peeked out and said "we at dottor now?", he was so adorable. He really wanted to go to the dr original.gif

#49 mamaknits

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:29 AM

Moa, so good to see you posting in here. I did see on FB that you are now a land owner. That is good news indeed! 900sq m is a pretty decent sized piece of land. I like the rule that you can only build on 25% of the land. Makes for nice spaces. It's such a turn off for me when I look at houses and the nieghbour'ilt practically onto the edge of the land. Is your neighbour's house going to be built in the centre of teh land? if it is to one side of the land, you may not get your sun blocked out.

Mel, is the club likely to improve? Was that incident of Lachy spending so much time on the side a one off? I'm just wondeering whether they are so keen to have new kids that they would "sacrifice" the old timers in order to get some new blood. If so, then that is not a good thing. It's not fair to kids like Lachy. On the other hand, if it was a one off, just to get the new kids on the field a bit then things will normalise soon.

#50 cuddlymumof4

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

Mel: That is crap for Lachy. Considering you are at the meetings i would be inclined to bring it up then, good luck.

Alinta: Sorry yesterday was a crappy one for you. sad.gif Sending you lots of strength to get through the time without DH.

Moa: congratulations on getting some land, good luck with building.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.