Pregnancy After Miscarriage ~ #38

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
208 replies to this topic

#51 tygrays

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

Ahh the joys, Sorry guys but I think I might bail on EB for a little bit...  Had a few comments here and there that aren't all that positive or accepting of things that have been presented to me etc so rather than stewing I think I might need to move away and find the right headspace and place for me atm...  It seems the minute a general question is asked about experiences etc and I put forward my experiences because it's not the 'norm' it's either pooh poohed, made up or exaggerated **sigh**  Oh I only wish!!!

Anyways thanks for the support here, I'll probably still check in from time to time, but think I need to find a different place for myself atm...

#52 Mamabug

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

Tygrays - hope the unpleasantness hasn't been from this little group. I like to think we are accepting of each other's differences...and if we don't agree, we're supportive enough to keep our strong opinions to ourselves!!!! If we don't hear from you before, please let us know all about your darling girl's arrival.

Bigmum - welcome home!

AFM - ooohhhh... we are inspecting a house on Monday that looks promising. Not perfect, but definitely VERY promising and within our budget!!! And it has a seperate loo and a laundry!!! I won't know myself!!!

#53 Caramel Latte

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (*MONA* @ 16/06/2011, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
des - my god woman, i havent even seen ur posts reguarding going to hospital in an ambo!!?? ur little one is a mighty strong fighter!! and so are u might i add!! thinking of u too! u too!!

I had lurked more afterwards but just to emotional that didn't post. Was a lot of blood so even dr at hospital (without scan tho) that it was a m/c. It's been one bumpy ride so far and hoping it plateaus (sp?) soon. I think I have never cried that much at an u/s when told "bub is growing great and HB strong as"

Sounds stupid but it's getting hard to believe that I had next to no bleeding with mm/c (tad with ectopic) but with all this bleeding bubs holding strong. Knew I'd end up bed rested so was preparing from 6 mths (like last time) but it's been tad hard from 8/9 weeks, have had to make a lot of changes and get my head around it all. Like I'm home all day (gee get to watch daytime tv lol) but now getting a house keeper (Dh working up to 7 days to pick up what i'm short so tired when he comes home) to do things I can't. Feel lazy. Was lucky ive an understanding boss who is allowing me to work from home. Skins driving me crazy but nothing more can be done until bub is born. So it's been a week of major changes and until I got my head around it all I just retreated til I could deal. It's not that I won't do anything to protect bub etc just trying to get it all to work for the family.

ETA: tygrays: sorry that you've needed to do this, will miss you. You need to do what's right for you and anyone with anything negative to say hasn't walked in your shoes so should keep mouth shut. I really hope the rest of your pg goes well and you get the birth you want (your body, your baby, your choice) and ppl should respect that. Am behind you 100% and will be thinking of you.

Edited by Desiree Farfalla, 16 June 2011 - 03:28 PM.

#54 tygrays

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:49 PM

thanks for understanding all, It's not this group at all!!!  Just other areas on EB and groups etc etc...  I need to keep myself on track and that's all that really matters at the moment, the minute I start to lose faith or question my resolve it all crumbles around me, and I know that there are some that I've been associated elsewhere who are not in support of that - to the point I swear I can see them rolling their eyes every time I post something and quite often they're posting immediately after me to negate what i've said etc.. not positive at all...  I know that decisions we've had to make haven't been popular, nor are the life experiences we've had been the same as others or mean that we can have the same lifestyle as others, but to have this continually pulled apart isn't doing my headspace well at the mo....

I'll definitely try to pop in here as much as I can, unfortunately the addictiveness of EB (been a member here since before Kahli was born back in 1999!!!!) and my curiosity usually draws me back into places that aren't good for me LOL

xxx

BTW  I have a few of you on my FB friends list too (Waves to DF) and there's always the FB PAM group too!!!

#55 *MONA*

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

ty sad.gif do what u need to do, we will always be here for ya!!

well ultrasound was somewhat disspointing, dont get me wrong baby is healthy as! but didn't get to see much, didn't get to see her face cause she has face planted herself down there!!! beautiful head of hair, her bum is up near my ribs and couldn't even get a gender shot sad.gif

because bubs head was right down she couldn't see where the placenta was so had to have an internal  where she could just see the placenta has moved! yay!!

she was alittle worried and called the midwife because bubs belly was measuring a few weeks ahead lol but because my sugar test thing was fine they said looks like a chubba bubba! eeek!

Edited by *MONA*, 16 June 2011 - 06:35 PM.

#56 PeanutBrown

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

well i went to the drs again today to get some iron and fbe results as the dr i saw the other day thought i was aneamic and wanted confirm my levels before having the iron suppliment discussion i mentioned the pv bleed to the dr as the person i saw is also a OB and was sent for a scan ASAP. scan showed a very healthy jelly bean baby jumping  around in my belly with a strong heart beat and nothing obvious as to what is causing the bleeding. it is now already measuring at 12 weeks so  that was kinda cool my mother in law came with me in absence of my DH.

so that has put my mind at ease and then promptly i have had a period type bleed 2 hrs later enough to get on the undies also so something down there is definatly not happy but baby seems it so thats all that matters at this point. so i see GP again tomorrow have made the appointment with the OB trained one again and we will discuss the next course of action i still have my nucal us next week so i am sure it will settle by them.

Dark red period type has already gone back to - brownish old looking blood so i am trying not to stress

#57 Bigmum

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

peanut I know how stressful it is to bleed, but now you know all is ok, try and rest. I always thought bedrest and bleeding made no difference, but it really helped when Ihad my really bad bleed at 8 weeks. I havn't bled since then so fingers crossed all is well, will be well.

Try and rest with your feet up and just chill.

DF- I know the thought of all that bed rest must stress you and thank goodness you can work from home. I know what you mean- you will do anything for a healthy baby- but it means lots of shuffling around and stuff.

#58 Neko NoNo

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:42 PM

great news on the scan Peanut. I wish your relief could have lasted a bit longer. I agree with Bigmum (welcome back!)- bedrest if you can. No partying this weekend!

#59 michelle120773

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:58 PM

Hey Ladies

Just popping in quickly as heading to bed (promise I will do a proper post and personals on the weeken!)

So, my logical side knows that 11w 3d its not possible to feel movement and its just gas bubbles but part of me is convinced that the fluttery bubble popping feeling I am getting on and off 4 or 5 times a day is my Blob

So ladies, do your stuff tell me how sill I am and that this is all the result of the pregnancy constipation!!  roll2.gif

#60 Bigmum

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:46 AM

that is the exact gestation when I was getting movements/bubbles - light, but strong enough to know the difference from a fart Tounge1.gif
I am still getting kicked to different levels but I have had some really strong ones at nearly 15 weeks.

I'm a beleiver!! ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif    lol.

#61 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

Can  someone come and explain to DS about day time naps? Argh!

Peanut - great news, and only a week for the NT scan to back it up!

Michelle - It's probably tacos wink.gif - I don't know, my placenta is at the front so I was even later with this one than Number 1, but if it feels like baby then that's probably what it is!

Bigmum - welcome home from your trip.

DF - keep on resting!

Mamabug - OK, if I was house hunting with that list of demands and budget I might struggle, but depends on the area - if you've found something in your budget you're obviously not being too deranged about what you want for your money! Good luck with the viewing.

AFM - Lots of tension in my bump, seems like BH and cramps have turned into one big solid tense lump. Only a few days to the next scan, although it feels like baby brother still has plenty of room to move. Busy cooking, cleaning, decorating and so on for DS's SIXTH 2nd birthday party - to be fair this is the first one with his friends (and the last one for another year, honestly!)

On that note I better give up on the little screamer and go get him out of bed. I could have done with an hour off!

Happy weekends everyone.

#62 Belinda33

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

Hi ladies-

Had my nuchal scan this arvo and am very worried. Sonographer didn't really tell me much but Nuchal is 8.25mm and I know this is not good. I won't get the results till next Tues when I see my Ob.  I'm freaking out. I have been on tender hooks for the last 12 weeks and now this.  Anyone else had a bad nuchal result and gone on to have amnio or CVS ?

#63 Mamabug

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

Belinda - any chance of ring ob and bringing appointment forward?

#64 Belinda33

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

Mamabug - No as I have to attend a funeral on Monday. I'm terrified. After everything we have been through now this !! sad.gif

#65 EvaFaithful

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:33 PM

Belinda - I don't know much about the NT stuff because we didn't have it but I know that number is high. Can you just call your OB and get some advice over the phone?

#66 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:43 PM

Oh Belinda, how stressful for you - and a funeral just to complete a sh*t weekend sad.gif

a friend had high risk NT scan and had the cvs (almost straight away?) I'm not sure about the amnio, I guess it would depend on whether you wanted to end the pregnancy or not - so a cvs will tell you sooner but I think is slightly higher risk (don't quote me, it could be the other way around).

If it's going to kill you all weekend I'd call your Ob and make them talk to you - if you're private it's what you pay for, if you're public someone should be rostered on.

I hope you get some answers fast hhugs.gif

#67 EvaFaithful

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:53 PM

I agree with Jen. This is why we pay sooo much money to OBs. Or are you booked in to a hospital - can you call them?

#68 Shadowess

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:06 PM

Oh Belinda! and right before the weekend! A friend of mine had a high NT reading (I don't know what her measurement was though, for comparison), and she had the CVS (Jen, I believe the CVS is less dangerous than the amnio), and it all came back clear. Her DD is nearly 3, and perfect. Good luck- the waiting would be the hardest, I reckon.

Well, I was going to do an update post, but now I don't feel like it... nothing really exciting to report anyway.

fee

#69 PeanutBrown

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

counting down to my nt scan bleeding has not stopped light pink to dark brown to  dark red to brown to very little to dark red and on and on its starting to annoy me and i am getting sick of the rest

#70 Belinda33

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

Morning ladies - I feel like a wreck. I haven't slept. My counsellor is on holidays and Ob doesn't work on weekends. I'm public. We are trying to ring the hosp now but don't think we will have much luck. We discussed having the CVS as I really don't think I can wait 2 weeks to have the amnio. I believe the risk of miscarriage is slightly higher with CVS about 1.5 % and amnio about 1%. I think the CVS might give a more accurate result.

#71 Mamabug

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:47 AM

Belinda - I'll be in and out of here all day. Just want you to know there is someone out here if you need them.

#72 Mamabug

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

A little something to distract anyone who needs it...forgive the ASW nature!!!

Ooookays...is it just me not explaining myself, or did I really make the mistake of posting in the wrong section??? Perhaps pet/animal people don't think of humanity first!!!

Please read the thread I started and tell me if it is me or the majority of respondents who don't seem to get it??? And in case it is me ( biggrin.gif ), the points I thought I was making were:
- silly to make a dog travel as far in the wrong firection then fly it twice as far in the right direction rather than just take it in the right direction to start with.
- I don't want to have to stuff the dog in the people mover - even for the shortish trip - with the kids while supervising a move, packing, unpacking, kid-wrangling etc six weeks post partum.

#73 Neko NoNo

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

Belinda- I am so sorry for your scare. I hope you are getting some good advice in the High NT support group. I don't know enough about these things and now is not the time for crap advice. Lots of  hhugs.gif and I hope you get through this horrible weekend and Monday and get some good news soon.

Mama- I hear you that they are kind of missing the point, but I agree with the posters that the easiest thing to do is take the dog with you, Annoying as I know, but that's the quickest. Most dogs just hate flying so I wouldn't be putting the dog through two flights. He/she will be a wreck when they get there. Is there any chance that your DH will be coming back to where you are now any time soon? maybe leave the dog there for a week or two and DH can come back and get him/her...

Peanut- still thinking of you. It must be very stressful. I had just the one bleed with this pregnancy and that was horrid enough. I hope you can relax this weekend.

Michelle- I hope it is movement you are feeling- it comes earlier with no 2 apparently!

Jen- I hope DS sixth 2nd birthday went well tongue.gif

AFM- I am sick of crazy pregnancy dreams. Last night I was being shot repeatedly- it's better than when I was shooting my sister- what is it with me and guns!

I finally have the house to myself. Mum went to SA to be with my sis and I am home alone at last. I had a freak out while doing the washing- the cycle clicked over to rinse and apparently this causes some kind of surge which makes the doorbell ring. I go and pull some clothes on to answer the door- no one there- and I start freaking out. Call mum who tells me that happens all the time. Who lives like that!

I hope everyone has a good weekend and those who are understandably stressing get some relief soon.

#74 EvaFaithful

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

Belinda - I've been following you a bit  ph34r.gif And it looks like the girls in the high risk group have some good advice. I can't imagine how anxious you must be. I really hope the weekend passes quickly and you can talk to your OB. Like MAMA said - we're all here for you bbighug.gif

Kate- WTFlip! I've never heard of a washing machine setting off the door bell. That would have scared me too!

Mama - I don't think the people quite understood what you were saying. Unfortunately it does seem like you might have to take the dog in the car. Unless you send him down a few weeks earlier when you go look at the house or something (???)

Peanut - sorry you're still having bleeding. It is so stressful. Rest up huni

AFM - have been worried that bebe hasn't been moving heaps the last few days. I am getting the 10 movements per day but they are just in a different spot. Think he must be laying in a different position. Will keep an eye on it and will call OB if I get anymore worried.

DH is going out to a friends house now to watch the footy. I'm soooo relieved. He has been such a grumpy bum the last few days it is killing me!!!!

#75 Shadowess

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:15 PM

Kate, that's funny, about the doorbell! how bizarre! Sorry you got a scare though.. I've been having weird dreams too, although not about guns. The other night I dreamt that I had an audience, during my c/s... all my colleagues and everyone was there, in the theatre, watching!

Mamabug, like Kate, I can see that they're missing the point, but really, they're all offering good advice. I'd leave him/her in a kennel where you are now, and go back a week or so after your move to get them again. It's not a huge distance, so they should be right. Or, put them in a kennel while you're packing up, travel with the dog along with everyone else, and then put them in a kennel at the other end for a few days.

Belinda, did you manage to get hold of the hospital?

Peanut, not long to go now..

AFM, Ruby's going for a sleep over tonight, she's staying with the friends who will be looking after her for the first night I'm in hospital. She's so excited! the problem is that we can't drop her until 4.30 (as our friends are busy til then), and she's getting frustrated that she can't go yet! Another couple of hours...

We've just made "happy face" biscuits (chocolate biscuits with smarties on the top) to take, and I think I may have found the source of all evil, in the form of baking... I saved half the mixture and stired in bits of chopped up mars bars... OMG!!! they're sooooo wrong, but oh so good!!

DH and I are making the most of our childless night, and are going out for dinner. DH has been wanting to try this indonesian place, which I've been to a few times with mother's group, so we're heading there. We were going to see a movie, but there's not really much on that interests both of us, at the moment, so we're just going to get a DVD instead. Probably a good idea- not such a waste if I fall asleep in the middle of it!

Anyway, washing to fold...

fee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.