IVF Multiple Cycles and The Long Haul BG #8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#26 librablonde

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

Welcome Miss Matilda original.gif So when is your EPU? I always hate that Syranel, it makes me depressed and my sinus feels sandblasted wink.gif
Mitchp- well, the countdown has begun for you and your DP. How's she coping with the needles? I'm a massive sook and quite needle-phobic, no matter how little they actually hurt.
mrs*n*p-I hope you're travelling ok.
Liltuss-good luck with the endo biop tomorrow, you'll be in my thoughts and I hope it brings you the answers you need bbighug.gif xoxox

Happy holidays Halby original.gif
AFM- no news from me! Just still waiting for AF and then the countdown till my next FET with Pregnyl.

#27 mitchp

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

librablonde - my DP is a big sook too but she's doing ok. She lets me give her the needle and I tell her to 'look away' as she gets a bit freaked out (understandably). I think this time she's a bit more sooky about the Synarel, unlike when I took it and had no side effects, she seems to be getting a bit head-achy and feels a bit sick:( She's on a bigger dose this time of the injections, so hopefully we'll get a lot of decent eggs and they'll fertilise ok and STICK!

Good luck all:)

#28 Miss Matilda

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

Hi Librablonde,

My EPU is still to be confirmed but I am thinking it will be in around 3 weeks time. Its great that some people don't suffer the affects of synarel but I get massive migraines & extreamly moody & emotional. I should start my FSH is about 1 week.....!! I'm a little more nervous this time. I think its because i know whats ahead. I am also thinking about starting accupuncture. Have you or anyone had any luck with this??

Tilly original.gif

#29 librablonde

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

Hi ladies,

Miss Matilda-I'm a big fan of accunpuncture. Some other women in this forum have done it and so I thought I'd give it a shot. I started accupuncture before my last EPU and it resulted in my first ever pregnancy (even though it ended up being a chemical preg, at least it still happened for me). I'd never been pregnant before that last attempt. So based on that, I'm continuing my regular sessions and hope it'll help in my next FET, which will be in a couple of weeks. And also I find it increditbly relaxing. I guess everyone gets different results with it, but I'm a fan original.gif I also had far better quality eggs and embies from the last EPU, which I am sure is due to the accupuncture.

Mitchp- fingers crossed for you and your DP with this next cycle.

Liltuss- how are you travelling?? I think AF may arrive tomorrow, so the countdown will begin to my FET......

#30 mitchp

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

Miss Matilda - my DP started acupuncture a few transfers ago and feels it helps her mentally before and after each transfer. She will continue with the acupuncture through this next EPU and following transfer/s. If nothing else, at least it ensure you relax after the transfer in a nice dark, quiet room:) Good luck

#31 Feral-as-Meggs

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

Hi all, just poking my nose in to say I'm a huge fan of acupuncture too.  I believe it helped me a lot.    

I did treatments leading up to and during the stim phase, sessions just before and after ET and an "implantation support" session at about 9 dpo - my acupucturist had just read a study about it.  

Hope everyone is OK.

Love M.

#32 ~Panda~

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:27 AM

Hi ladies, just poking my head in too. I'm another fan of acupuncture.

MM - how did your biopsy go?

Synarel haters - have you asked for lucrin? It's just an injection and so much nicer IMO.

Hello to everyone. I honestly think of you all the time and always wish there was something I could do. You are all amazing women and I hope this 'journey' (in need of a better word) ends shortly for you and is replaced by a well deserved BFP.

Xxx

#33 dreamstoreality

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

Hi all - it's me, the poster formally known as mrs*n*p.

How are you all travelling?

We were required to cancel this cycle after starting injections as I had hurt my back and had two ct scans and a spinal nerve injection and didn't want to risk bad quality eggs due to ct scans. Hopefully we can start again next month and we get a bfp for dh's 40th b'day later this year - what a pressie!

I must say I am so lucky that i've never had to use syneral, we go straight to injections. I don't know how you ladies do it.

I hope everyone is going well with their cycles and I wish you all teh best.

#34 mitchp

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:55 AM

Hey all, quick update - EPU tomorrow, yay! My DP hated doing the Synarel and much preferred the needle the first time she did a stim cycle. This will be the only transfer cycle she hasn't had acupuncture (he's away) so that will be interesting. Only 4 eggs which we were a bit shocked at (last time she had over 10) but as they say 'it only takes one' - we'll hold them to that! original.gif

DP was quite sick last night:( Unsure why or what, but had the vomits and all this was about an hour before we did the 'trigger' injection. We hope this hasn't adversely affected anything.

Will keep you all posted.

#35 librablonde

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:49 PM

Hi ladies,
mitchp- good luck with the EPU tomorrow, it's always an exciting time and I hope you get some great eggs. I hated Syranel too, and would much prefer injecting Orgalutran instead if I have another EPU.
dreamstoreality- I like the positive vibe of your new username original.gif It's a bummer about the cancelled cycle, but much better to be all healthy and ready to go next month. I hope your back is feeling better bbighug.gif
Hi Panda- it's great to hear from you again original.gif
Hi Meggs waves.gif
Miss Matilda
- how's your stim cycle going and what date is your EPU?
Halby- I hope your holiday is full of laughter and relaxation. I hope we hear from you again sometime xox
Malibu71- I know you've had a hard week and I hope you're holding up ok. When's your next FET? And I totally understand feeling that you have to just plough ahead with IVF when age is not on your side. I have the same issue and can't afford to waste any time. I had a couple of months off recently after a Chem Preg and felt so guilty wasting that time, as I knew my 40th birthday is only in a few months. Talk about pressure that nobody needs unsure.gif .

AFM- My next FET is approx 20-22nd July, not sure of the actual date until I O. I'll be on Pregnyl during the 2WW and am looking forward to having another crack at this dream of mine.....

Baby dust to us all original.gif

#36 minidiamond

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:07 PM

Hi everyone
Dreams, really sorry to hear about canceled cycle, Ouch your poor back. I hope you get on track again soon.

Mitch good luck for you and you DP for EPU and hope she feels better!

Hope everyone is traveling ok.

Libra I'll be there or thereabouts with you in terms of timing for FET, I start BTs to track ovulation later this week.  I got results back from my endo biopsy and all is normal so just carrying on again with another transfer.  When will this baby thing happen for me ???? Argh.

#37 bettinae

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:24 PM

Hi Ladies I am new on this part of the forum.......

We are looking at starting IVF on d19 its now d11 I have a question...?????

Can I do EPU with no anacetic(Icant spell) I asked my clinic but they jumped on me and said oh no no u cant do that I have seen on u tube women in NZ have done it without...????

I am confident that I can take pain but I dont want to have anacetic......???

Can anyone help?????

Hi Ladies I am new on this part of the forum.......

We are looking at starting IVF on d19 its now d11 I have a question...?????

Can I do EPU with no anacetic(Icant spell) I asked my clinic but they jumped on me and said oh no no u cant do that I have seen on u tube women in NZ have done it without...????

I am confident that I can take pain but I dont want to have anacetic......???

Can anyone help?????

#38 HRH Countrymel

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:51 AM

Hi bettinae

My clinic gives you 'twilight sedation' it isn't an anaesthetic (I cheated and used spellcheck! it is a hard word to spell) it is a sedative that you get intravenously.

The nurse called it Michael's Milk (!!) as it is what Michael Jackson used to abuse!!

According to DP who was with me at both retrievals I chatted away to the staff - a long story about a duck the first time, and the second time a muttered something about horse riding and then snoring(!)..

As soon as they turn off the sedative you 'wake up' and - for me anyway - feel great!

Not at all like a traditional anaesthetic.

I wouldn't wan't to do it 'awake' - it would be very painful, are you sure the videos you watched weren't twilight sedation? As I said DP said I was chatting quite coherently? (I babble on about ducks at the best of times!)

*Hi everyone! My catastrophic life is turning a bit of a corner... am aiming for a FET in August, feels good to be getting back on track.

#39 mitchp

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

Hey all, thanks for the good thoughts. The EPU went well, just discovered that only 2 out of the 4 fertilised. But as they say, it only takes one! We're having a fresh transfer on Friday and will keep the other frozen for September if we need it. DP is feeling ok today, a little tender in the belly which is expected.

Good luck to all.

#40 librablonde

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

Hi ladies original.gif

bettinae- welcome original.gif

mitchp- yes, it only takes one si I'll have my fingers crossed for you during the 2WW.

Countrymel- long time, no see original.gif I also was talking during my twilight anaesthetic and also was described as "purring" (aka: snoring) for some of it. I woke up feeling totally fine and had no side effects at all. Apparently when I "awoke" from the sedation for my first EPU, I asked the nurse about 15 times how many eggs they got and they kept telling me each time, but all of a sudden I really became conscious when I asked the 15th time and then I was able to understand and remember their answer happy.gif Mel, I'm really happy to hear your life is settling down a bit for IVF, that's great news.

A big "hi" to Panda, dreamstoreality, halby, Meggs, MissMatilda and Malibu waves.gif
XOXOXO

#41 minidiamond

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:57 PM

Hi everyone
bettinae I had twilight sedation as well, it's just through an intravenous drip they put in when you're in the chair. A friend of mine who is doing IVF at another clinic & they do generals.  I'm not really sure why, obviously it's always preferable not to have a general if you can help it.

Can you ask your clinic the reasons behind a GA ? Perhaps say you understand many other clinics do light sedation.  At least that way you'll know why.

Hi to everyone else, glad you have something to work with mitch, good luck with fert & transfer !

#42 bettinae

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:21 PM

Thankyou ladies for you advice xx

It is only a twilight im soooo not sure what going to happen we are at d10 so we have 9days till decision time......I think if we leave it for 3months try some more letrozole and then if nothing then we do IVF .....or just as DH says bite the bullit we could be preg while we would still be trying...'?????

I wish I could go to sleep and an angel would come to me and give me the answer...lol( i wish) x

#43 dreamstoreality

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:01 PM

Hi all

Mitch glad to hear epu went well and I hope your DP is feeling better - any further update on your progress?

Hi to everyone else and hope you are all hanging in there, geering up for the next cycle or hopefully recovering from a successful cycle, don't want to think about the other possibility.

As for me, my back is slowly getting better - yay!!!

I can almost walk normally now which is nice and DH has been relieved of the duty of drying my feet after my daily shower as I can't bend but I can make do now - I've become very inventive indeed!  roll2.gif

So, when I spoke to the FN last week and cancelled our cycle she advised me that I would get my next AF late more than likely.  But no, of course I can't be damn normal and I got it yesterday! I'm sorry, less than a 2 week break, I am so not impressed!

FN is currently at a country clinic so I spoke to another FN today to let her know and she said sometimes that can happen as well as I had obviously stimmed enough for me to ovulate early - typical, I can't ovulate without assistance, but I can do it on que when given injections and when it's not wanted  rolleyes.gif

So now, we need to wait another month before trying again. Not impressed! However, hopefully we get some good news so that we can then let all of our friends and family know at DH's 40th later this year!

#44 mitchp

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

Hey all. DreamsToReality - thanks for asking. She's doing fine. We have the fresh transfer today, so have all appendages crossed! Sorry to hear your AF arrived earlier than expected - good luck to you and your DH for the next cycle:)

Good luck to all.

#45 dreamstoreality

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:09 AM

Mitch - wishing you both the very very best for today and the coming 2 weeks.

I hope the time flies by and you get a BFP!

Good luck!

#46 mitchp

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

Thank you DreamsToReality; I'm positive and excited:) My DP's stars today are:

"Excellent stars for being with friends and simply enjoying their company. Another good thing about your stars for today is; you will get something you have long wanted. Nothing big but little fish are sweet."

So that sounds GREAT to me;)

#47 librablonde

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

Hi ladies,
mitchp- good luck with the transfer today. Those stars sound exciting original.gif I'll be checking up on you in the 2WW and I hope this one is super sticky for you both original.gif
dreamstoreality- what a hassle about AF! And I know waiting for the next cycle is a pain when you've been mentally grearing up for it. Time for some more wine, coffee and fun in the meantime?? That what I've been doing on my time off and it shows..... blush.gif
bettinae- hope you're travelling well with deciding what to do with your next cycle.
Liltuss- how are you going?

AFM- well, it looks like I've ovulated very early (LH surge day 9) and it was unexpected. This morning I had an u/s and BT to check if a FET next week would be viable. I have one follie of 20mm and endo lining is 14mm so I guess that's fine, but I'm wainting to hear back from my clinic. I have 2 x 2 day old frosties and my clinic won't be doing FET's this weekend so they thought they'd grow the embie until Monday (fingers crossed) and do the FET then. I'm just so surprised that as I didn't expect to do it until the end of next week. My body has just continued to freak out a bit since the last EPU and chem preg. If I do have the FET on Monday, that will be the same day as my DP's son's 2nd birthday, which would be nice. Maybe that coincidence will help bring me luck this time around, here's hoping original.gif

#48 mitchp

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

Hey librablonde - thank you:) Good luck to you for the FET on Monday - how exciting; we'll be in the 2WW together - fingers, toes, everything crossed for all original.gif

#49 Miss Matilda

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

Hi All,

I havent been on for a couple of weeks...Going well. I have my EPU on Monday morning. I had a scan this morning which showed less follicles then my last cycle but hoping all will be ok. My last EPU I had 10 eggs but it looks like this time there will be a few less. I will let you all know how I go. I really havent had the same symptoms that I had last time with this cycle. Apart from being over emotional....few tears....few grumpy & snappy moments it has been really good.
I have booked accupuncture & will go for my first session on the day of my transfer.
Fingers crossed...xxx
Love to you all & hope your progress is coming along smoothly.
Miss Matilda xx

#50 mitchp

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

Good luck for Monday Miss Matilda:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.