IVF Multiple Cycles and The Long Haul BG #8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#51 halby

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:09 PM

Hiall, missing in action again. I will have to catch up but for now just wanted to pop in and say good luck Libra I hope that you get that transfer. I have everything crossed.

#52 minidiamond

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:03 PM

Looks like there are a few of us on track for ET this week. Libra I think I'll ovulate early (for me) too, have a scan and another BT tomorrow, FN said we are "very close"

Good luck for EPU Monday miss m!

Hi to everyone...

LT (formerly moi mwah)

#53 librablonde

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:34 PM

Hi all,

well, despite having strongly positive ovulation test results, my BT says I haven't ovulated yet!!! Arghhh! I'm one of those people who rarely shows a positive on Ov POAS tests, but this time has thrown me as the line is really strong each time and has been since Thursday. What the?? So today I had a 2nd BT which showed I'm close to O'ing , so perhaps that will happen tonight or tomorrow and I need another BT one Monday to confirm it. Now I'll have my FET on Tuesday or Wednesday.....

So now I'm sick of waiting!! Let me at that embie!! It's gonna stick this time dammit!!

Good luck with your transfer on Monday Miss Matilda original.gif

Halby- good to hear from you hon bbighug.gif
xoxoxo

#54 Miss Matilda

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:34 PM

Hi Everyone,

Librablonde, MitchP & Liltuss...thankyou both so much for your well wishes & for thinking of me. My EPU went well. They managed to get 11 Eggs....I was expecting about 8 so it was a nice suprise. I have heard from the lab today & they have said that 10 were mature & viable & 7 have fertilised. I think at this stage if they progess well like the last batch I should get to blast....Which will be a Sat transfer.

Feeling a little sore today & you all well know the feeling.....I think a good way of explaining it is a herd of elephants just ran over my stomach....hehehe. All for a good cause!!

Thinking of you all,

Miss M

Me:31
DP:41
Step Mum:15, 13 & 8
IVF ICSI:Aug 2010
FET:Oct 2010
FET:Dec 2010
Much needed break.....!!
FET: May 2011
IVF ICSI:June 2011

#55 dreamstoreality

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:03 PM

Miss Matilda, I hope you have a speedy recovery and all the best that your 7 stay strong and you get some blasts come Saturday.

I'll be thinking of you - big hugs

#56 minidiamond

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

Miss M, seven out of eleven, that is a really nice result, crossing fingers they all keep fertilising away for you.  I hope it was only a herd of baby elephants across your tummy !  Take care, keep up the panadeine if you need it, lots of fluids etc etc.

I am having an FET Friday so it sounds like we'll be in the 2WW together, along with Mitch and Libra (any update on your transfer day hun?).

Hi to everyone, hope you are all pottering along okay.

#57 librablonde

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

Brace yourselves b/c this post will be all about me whinging sad.gif
My FET has been cancelled for this month and it's been a comedy of errors until 10pm last night when the FS called me and we decided to cancel. In a nutshellf, I kept getting + results on my ovulation POAS test since last Thursday but my BT's showed I hadn't o'ed yet. I've had 4 BT's done now since then and the FS has been waiting to see my progesterone rise but in fact it hasn't. After I had my BT yesterday I was waiting for my results and the clinic called to say the pathology machinery had broken down so I couldn't get my blood results for a minimum of 4 hours. They finally called my FS at 9.30pm last night and my progesterone was only 13, which is still a do-able result for a FET, but it was weird when compared to my apparently low LH rise and other factors. So we cancelled and of course I'll be paying cancellation fees and for the 4 BT's and an U/S. Not happy!!!!!!! (and a whole lot poorer!).
So the FS will look at perhaps bulk billing me for some of the tests if he can, and we'll have to go back through all my bloodwork for the last 18 months to see if I'm always low with my levels b/c the FS actually doesn't know! He's just is told by the nurses that my levels are fine each month, so plows ahead without checking. Now I'm wondering if I've always been low and perhaps needed progesterone support for my previous FET's and what else has remained unchecked.
So hopefully I'll be having a FET next month. I'm just so depressed about the whole IVF process right now and I know I need to just suck it up and know at least I haven't wasted another precious embie. I've got 2 frosties left.
Anyway, that's my rant. I'll do personals later. I actually wrote a huge reply regarding all of this yesterday with personals and then my 19mth old DFS touched the computer keyboard and it erased everything sad.gif
I wish I could go back to bed and stay there....

Edited by librablonde, 20 July 2011 - 06:35 PM.

#58 mitchp

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:22 AM

Hey Librablonde, so sorry you're going through this. I know there's nothing I can really say to make you feel better but just want you to know I'm thinking of you and hope it all works out correctly next cycle. Nothing more frustrating than you doing everything right but the tests not doing what they're meant to.

bbighug.gif to you

#59 Miss Matilda

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

Hi everyone,
Hope you have all had a great weekend. I had a nice relaxing 1. I went away for the weekend ....bit of a winter beach getaway. After a full on week & recovery after my EPU it was nice to spend some time with the fam!! It was nice although I had to travel back for my Transfer on Sat. Everything went well though & I had my freshie transfered. Fingers crossed. I am due for my BT on the 5th of Aug but I am 28 days on the 2nd. The 2WW commences...!!
I read a fair bit lately about laying horizontal as much as possible for the 1st 3 days & keeping your mid section warm?? Apparently its supposed to help. I did a bit of resting but I find it hard to relax. So... I tried my best & well just have to see.
I have 2 frozen blasts out of 11 left from my cycle which is not as many as last time but hopefully I won't even need them!!

Liltuss: How did you FET go on Friday?  How was your Emby?? Thinking of you x

Libra Blonde: I am really sorry to hear that your cycle was cancelled. My heart goes out to you & so many times through this process I have struggled to get through this emotional roller coaster. I even wonder sometimes whether it even works or whether it is a big money making exercise for someone....I know thats probably not the right thing to say but I guess I feel like we get to a point we are so close to having our dreams every cycle & yet so very far away when they fail. We are all here to show you support & even if we can't offer you advice we can at least be a friend with big ears to listen to all of your thoughts...good & bad. original.gif

Love to you all

Miss M xxx

Me:31
DP:41
Step Mum:15, 13 & 8
IVF ICSI:Aug 2010
FET:Oct 2010
FET:Dec 2010
Much needed break.....!!
FET: May 2011
IVF ICSI:June 2011

#60 librablonde

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:07 PM

Hi all,

Liltuss- how did your transfer go, hon? I hope this is your month, I'm sending you lots of positive vibes.
Miss Matilda- thanks for your kinds words. After my cycle was cancelled I sulked for a couple of days. I spoke again with my clinic and they've decided to bulk-bill me for the 5 BT's and will try to have the u/s also changed to bulk-bill, so that is a big help after all the drama of last week. I'm still waiting to hear back from my FS though, about what my test results mean..... As you said, I think the thing that really cut me last week was that I was so "sure" that this month was "my" month FYKWIM. I was just convinced of it and I didn't expect any problems with my hormone levels. Good luck with your 2WW and I hope you get that BFP soon original.gif My accupuncturist said to use a wheat bag on my tummy and lower back during the 2WW, not a hot water bottle as they can be too hot, but a wheat bag is a nice gentle heat. He recommends to exercise to keep blood flowing, the wheat bag and just to relax.
mitchp- how's the 2WW and your DP?

AFM- well, after all the cancelled cycle hassle, I threw my back out on Friday so have been hobbling around sad.gif I think my body has just packed it in after so many months of stress and it's now manifested itself in a back injury. When it rains it pours!! So I'm going to have some red wine tonight and do some meditation to chillax a bit. It's l-o-n-g overdue dry.gif

#61 mitchp

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:01 AM

Hey all; librablonde - DP's period was due yesterday but as she's still on Crinone until tomorrow morning so we figure the period won't show up even if it's coming yet due to having the Crinone?? Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong???

She feels 'sick' and a little crampy but says it's not period crampy. We're trying to remain positive but it's always about this time of the 2WW that AF starts to show up and give us grief. BT is due for this coming Friday so we have all digits crossed for a BFP (finally!).

Here's hoping wishing and praying.

#62 Guest_senecio_*

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

Just popping in to say I'm SO sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle Librablonde. sad.gif I have had cycles that I thought were going to be cancelled for one reason or another and I know how stressful it is and can imagine how upsetting it must be to actually have it come to that. I think the good thing about Dr Fancy Shirt is that he does genuinely try to make the process as affordable as possible (and it's good that they bulk billed your blood tests), but I know that it is frustrating to feel that he's not always up to speed with what's going on with your cycle.

Enjoy the red wine. You deserve it.

Good luck to everyone else still on this horrible treadmill.

#63 dreamstoreality

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

MitchP, fingers crossed, but regardless of Crinone, for me, if AF is coming it comes, Crinone doesn't stop me from getting it, so hopefully that is a really positive sign.  Best of luck for Friday, I hope everything goes really really well for you.

#64 minidiamond

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

Libra - ouch ! Talk about adding insult to injury you poor thing, putting your back out.  Maybe it is telling your body to rest & have a red wine or two, but I hope you can get back into things as quickly as possible.   I just received a CD the counsellor I'm seeing recommended (not exactly meditation but 'mindfulness' exercises) - I think anything that can allow us to divert/remove/relax about this whole IVF thing is healthy.

mitch, I really hope the crampys are maybe late implantation cramps not AF cramps ?   AF has also arrived for me whilst still on crinone two or three times - but I have read a number of people here who don't start until they stop the progesterone.   Really only the BT will tell you for sure & certain.  Good luck for Friday !

MissM, glad you had a nice time away, I love winter beach holidays as much as summer ! Great you've got the fresh embie on board & two in the freeze (for your 2nd bubba!)  As libra said, not too hot on the belly, you want to make sure your 'core' temp remains as static as possible, so any hot/cold extremes aren't advised.  I love my baths, but I love them hot so I usually avoid them just in case during 2WW.  Gentle heat is fine though.

DTR, I hope the days are passing quickly for you so you can cycle again !!

waves.gif senecio and hi to everyone else !

AFM, waiting, waiting.  I had some cramps yesterday which I am  hands.gif were implantation cramps. I was 8dpo yesterday.  For some reason I am not finding this 2WW as difficult as previous ones, although I'll probably curse those words by the end of the week.

#65 mitchp

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

Thanks girls - we're trying to remain positive but as you know, it's hard to get the black dog off your back and prepare yourselves for the BFN. My poor DP must be getting sick of me asking how she's feeling and whether there's any ickiness/red bits when she goes to the loo! Today is her day 29 so we'll see.

Update: DP says to brace myself for the worse; she can feel AF coming sad.gif

Edited by mitchp, 26 July 2011 - 03:39 PM.

#66 mitchp

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

Sorry for all the posts. I just need to vent. I feel physically sick. DP feels a bit nauseous and crampy still:( Had last of Crinone gel this morning - so we are both dreading tomorrow when we think AF will arrive. Today is day 31 of her cycle and she normally doesn't go over day 29 before AF arrives. We are both expecting the worst even though we have less than 48 hours before the POAS and then (hopefully) BT. We are both so stressed. I see the shrink this afternoon so that will help with me venting. I just want to sleep until Friday and wake up to a BFP.

Frustrating!!! We've never got this close before with DP.

Thanks for listening.

#67 dreamstoreality

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

Hey Mitch, she is hanging in there though, that is a good sign.

Can you do a POAS today to put your minds at ease or would you prefer to wait? I don't think I could handle the stress or suspense.

Thinking of you both, but do not give up hope. Miracles happen, we just all need to wait our turn and I hope yours has arrived.

Big hugs to you both.

#68 mitchp

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

DreamstoReality - thank you  bbighug.gif

Yes, she's still hanging in there. We think we might get a test on our way home from work to do tonight. I had thought though that it might show up false BFP if the crinone is still in her system? I'm so confused. Even though in my heart I know there's nothing we can do either way, I don't want to jinx it. I see the shrink in half an hour and I'm liable to spend the whole hour crying!

Again, thank you.

#69 dreamstoreality

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

Mitch, for me, it has never made any difference being on the crinone, I've never had a false reading, but others may have.

If that is the case, I don't want to get your hopes up if you do decide to do one.

By the way, that is what shrinks are for! I hope it helps for you.

#70 minidiamond

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

I would be doing the HPT as well mitch.

As DTR said, the crinone may not make a difference, didn't with me either. In fact, I found every time AF was arriving there would be a tiny amount of blood on the end of the crinone applicator a day or two before AF.

I dont think the crinone won't make a difference to a test as it's progesterone rather than something like pregnyl that has HCG and gives false results.

It's agonizing I know, hope the psych helps you to work through some of the angst.

Good luck!

#71 mitchp

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

Thanks girls; no sign of AF. DP did a HPT this morning but it was a BFN - of course we are both devastated. She's just rung to say (sorry TMI) she just went to the loo and a big chunk of Crinone came out. White. Today is day 32 of her cycle and we are due to do IVF wee test tomorrow followed by BT if no period. Would it be weird if she was pregnant but the wee tests were/are negative?

Thanks, I'm so depressed right now but my DP must be feeling worse:(

#72 dreamstoreality

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:38 AM

ssorry.gif  hhugs.gif

Don't give up yet though - anything is possible Mitch and no sign of AF in my opinion, is still a good sign. Continue with the tests tomorrow. I don't know about the IVF wee test, we don't have them at my clinic it is blood test only (regardless if AF has arrived or not as they still check levels etc).

Take care and please keep us updated. I've been thinking of you both overnight so I'm glad you had posted on here.

#73 mitchp

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

Thanks DTR - we really are in limbo. Trying to be positive but after negative HPT it's a bit hard. DP is very busy at work today thank goodness, and we are out with friends for dinner tonight, so hopefully tomorrow we wake up to no AF and a HPT and/or a positive BT.

Thanks again bbighug.gif

#74 minidiamond

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (ioathome @ 28/07/2011, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I caution against pee-sticks though - they can lie.  I got a fairly definite positive on the morning of my BT but the BT said Hcg of only 10.  Same brand only registered an extremely faint line after 10 minutes on BT day of my previous cycle which had Hcg of 17, which is why I thought this time it was a real one and not just residual pregnyl.  Hoping I can resist POAS stick next time to save the heartache....

I know what you're saying IO. I can't help myself even with the angst they can bring. Because I never have pregnyl there's no chance of a false positive. Im going to do one the day before my BT as I did last time when I got my sort lived BFP.

I was thinking earlier, we havent seen a few members for a while - countrymel, spock, halby how are you all ?? Where are you ??

#75 mitchp

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:35 PM

Hey all, just wanted to update that DP's AF has arrived. Of course. I don't know why I bother entertaining the idea it can ever be a positive. I guess we're the couple that are not meant to have kids. Good luck to everyone else and thanks all for your support through our 2WW's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.