88 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=895495

#2 bec8112

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

GOLD!!!

Thanks for all the info about kindy.  Might look at enrolling into a new daycare for the kids as I am not 100% happy with the one now and if they can stay there for kindy aswell that would be a bonus.

Mel - yay on getting your happy boy back  biggrin.gif

Sharna - are you ok? You have not been in for ages, we miss you  bbighug.gif

#3 meeskamouska

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

Silver.

#4 themelster

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:19 PM

Gold!   Oops, I meant bronze!

What's happening with the catch up this weekend?  Sat, Sun?  Where?  Still happening?

Edited by themelster, 28 June 2011 - 09:41 PM.

#5 bec8112

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:31 AM

Catch up - think we are just waiting for Sharna to come in and let us know when she is free.  Does anyone have her mobile number? I don't so cannot contact her.

#6 meeskamouska

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:12 AM

I'll txt sharna today.

#7 meeskamouska

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

Txted Sharna today. They've been sick. No fun. She said she's good for the weekend for the meet but didn't get back to me on the day etc.  No doubt she'll pop in.

DC for us tomorrow.

#8 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

Tonsilitis ... Aidan
Teething ... Aidan
Croup ... Aidan
Ear infection ... Aidan

Tummy bug ... Nadia
Cough ... Nadia
Fevers ... Nadia

Viral illness ...Me
Tummy bug ... Me
Laryngitis ... Me

This would have to be our worst fortnight ever. Two trips to the after hours GP at Logan Hospy... 3 visits to the GP for all of us. 2 different courses of AB's and pred-mix for Aidan. Countless bottles of nurofen and panadol for the kids (I actually worried a few times that I had lost track of the doses and was close to giving them too much).

Aidan went on a nursing strike and lost close to one kilo while he was sick. He just stopped eating food, and was refusing breast feeds. It was heart breaking sad.gif Luckily he was so healthy, read that as 'fat', that he had alot of reserves. I had to express quite alot to keep up my supply. He was refusing bottles also.

I had 4 days off work either for myself or for the kids.

I can say that we are all good now though. YAY!

Enough of the whinging about illness... it is all part and parcel of having kids.

I popped in to read a few days ago but just didnt have the time or energy to reply. I didnt really have much to contribute except to have a pity party for myself.

I am good for the catch up this Sunday. You are all still welcome at my house if you like. I am also happy for a different location if it suits everyone better. Did we agree on 10ish?

Prep/Kinder/Pre-school.... I too will be leaving Nadia in her LDC as they have a pre-school program that is really fantastic. They have qualified kindy teachers there also. This is all dependent on whether I continue to work at Greenslopes. No plans to change and the moment but my long-term career is really with Queensland Health and I need to either return to work by July next year or have made a new plan.

Ok, gotta go. Bed calls and I need to catch up on about a months worth of sleep. Much as I am happy Aidan is feeding well again it also means he is playing catch up at night and sneaking in extra Bf's which makes for a tired mummy.

So nice to be able to pop back in again and feel like myself.

Hope you are all well.

Sharna

#9 bec8112

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:05 AM

Oh Sharna that sounds so terrible, poor you and the kiddies. But YAY on being over it now.  When is Aidan's birthday?

#10 Small Potatoes

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:20 AM

Sharna that sounds like one miserable house

All good for Sunday

#11 meeskamouska

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:08 AM

So glad you're on the mend Sharna. What a rough run.
All good for Sunday here too. Sharna's it is then?????

#12 themelster

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:24 AM

Sharna - We've had tonsilitis and croup here too.  I don't know how you manage when both are sick.  I hope Dan has been home a bit to help.  

Are you ok to host at your place on Sunday?  If you don't feel up to it, I'm happy to have it at ours.  Just let us know what suits you best.

Trying to think of something to do here with Tom today.  It's just the two of us.  I think we might head into Roma St parklands, there's lots of kids stuff on in there today.  I'm just not sure about what the weather is going to do!

#13 bec8112

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:47 AM

Yeah the weather is so unpredictable today! We are going to go and look at another daycare centre and then I have do some organising in the kids rooms as there is stuff everywhere!

#14 meeskamouska

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

Mel - have you been here before???
http://www.thefinderskeepers.com/brisbane_markets.php
Its this weekend.
Looks terrific.
Would love to go to this but how do you do that with 2 kids in tow?? They would want to touch everything.

#15 themelster

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:39 PM

Ooooh, I hadn't heard of it Nat. I'll definately get along for a look though as its just down the road from home. I'll leave Tom with Mark.

Edited by themelster, 30 June 2011 - 02:41 PM.

#16 Fabulous

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

Enjoy your meet, ladies.  original.gif

I just got back from Ikea where I bought Chelsea a wooden dolls bed for her birthday. She will be 5 next week. I also bought her the hospital duplo set which was in the Myer toy sale catalogue. I have taken the slackers way out and booked her a party at Hungry Jacks. She is inviting 9 friends and there's no way we could fit all of them plus their parent/s in our current lounge room. An outdoors party isn't really a prospect with this winter weather. We are still looking for a house to buy, knock down and build, when that happens we will be able to entertain indoors once again.

Sharna- wow what an amazing run of illness. I hope the rest of the year is filled with good health for you and your family, goodness mme you deserve it after going through all of that.

#17 meeskamouska

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

... yeah it looks good Mel. Fiercely competetive to get in to sell. More art based than craft based. I've been wanting to go for awhile now. If you go & enjoyed it maybe i can organise someone for the kids for the next one & we could go together. I think its on twice a year.

#18 themelster

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

Could be an expensive trip, Nat....  That Myrtle and Dove stuff..... drool... blush.gif   Right up my alley.

Ros - nothing wrong with a Hungry Yuckies birthday do.  The kids will have a ball!!!!

#19 bec8112

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:34 AM

Ros - the party at HJ sounds like it will be great and all the kids will have a great time! The Ikea dolls bed sounds so cute, I cannot wait for Hannah to get older to play with things like that but I have a feeling she will love trucks more  tongue.gif

#20 bec8112

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

So are we on for a meet up on Sunday? I hope its Sunday as I have just agreed to work 7am-4pm tomorrow!

#21 themelster

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

I'm definately up for it.  I guess we are just waiting on confirmation of venue.  If Sharna isn't up to hosting after all the illness (which I can TOTALLY understand!), would people be happy with meeting up here???  I'm totally easy either way.

I'll make some cheese & zuchinni muffins for the kids (some bigger ones for the adults too  biggrin.gif ).

What time are we thinking???  9.30am?  10am?  I just need to be at Mt Gravatt by 2pm.

#22 meeskamouska

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:47 PM

Doesn't bother me where we meet. Same driving either way. I'm good for 10am.

#23 meeskamouska

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

Sharna just txt me & alls good for 10am at Sharnas.
She'll b in later tonight.

#24 themelster

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:44 PM

Excellent!  I'm looking forward to it.  Seems like ages since I saw you all (was it my embarrasing drunken night out????).  

I just need someone to PM me or text me Sharna's addy.  

See ya's Sunday!

#25 meeskamouska

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

Mel , I thoroughly enjoyed our girls night. Can't wait to do it again. If Sharna doesn't get a chance to txt you/come in to post, I'll txt the addy to you.
Thinking what to bring to eat now. unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.