October 08 Parents # 77

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

#26 bec8112

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

Sounds great! I need someone to text or pm me the address too. 10am is good for us. I will bring something sweet.

#27 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:03 AM

Hey guys..

Work keeps me away from here... damn it LOL

I will PM my addy after this post.

I am not sure what I am going to cook either but was thinking of doing some cupcakes and sandwhiches.

Is everyone bringing all their kids? I just need to know so I can get enough cups/plates etc.

I am having a home day today and will be cleaning.. lol.

Ros - I love IKEA... we probably go about once a month and always come home with something.

Ok, gotta go get started.

See you all tomorrow.

Sharna

#28 themelster

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

Hi Sharna, I'll have Tom with me. Happy to bring a plate if you're short.

I'll bring Zuchini & Cheese muffins and maybe some cookies if I get the time.

#29 bec8112

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:47 AM

Sharna - I will have both kids with me.  I have a whole shopping bag with plastic plates etc so let me know if you need me to bring them. I will text you aswell.

#30 Small Potatoes

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:02 PM

I will have all 3 kids with me and will bring up some gluten free muffins and food for Will

#31 meeskamouska

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:25 PM

I'll have my 2 girls with.
Might bring a big plate of nibbly fruit/veges/cream cheese/ dried fruits etc. Like Bec did at our beach meet.
Bit of a busy day here & no time for cooking sad.gif
Fun!!

#32 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:56 PM

I am kind of ready here.. haha, please excuse the state of my house.

10ish? is that about when everyone is planning to arrive?

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Sharna

#33 bec8112

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:09 PM

Yeah I should be there around 10am. I have to work in the morning from 6.30am for a few hours so if I am running late that's why. I did not get home until 6pm tonight so did not get a chance to bake anything so I will have to buy something tomorrow.

#34 themelster

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

Nat - that plate sounds perfect.

Sharna - I'll be there at 10am. I didn't get around to making enough muffins but I've got some cookies and I'll bring some turkish bread and dip.

#35 meeskamouska

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

Thanx for a lovely day yesterday girls. I really enjoy getting to gether eith you all.
Both of my girls had a great day playing too.
Though poor Charlee came down with a vomiting bug in the middle of the night. She's still asleep now. Not a pretty night. Big rest up day today.

#36 Fabulous

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

Morning all,
Busy week here and then next week it will be school holidays so hopefully we can relax a bit. It's been freezing here for the last few days with a 3 degree min. Just been to the shops and Chelsea selected a new fairy dress for her birthday party. I'm not fond of those things, the tulle and shiny material doesn't hold up too well after a few days of playing.

Nat- How is Charlee? Over it I hope.

MMM I feel hungry reading about all of your baking. I wish I could have sampled it.  Tounge1.gif

Edited by Fabulous, 05 July 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#37 bec8112

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:21 AM

Nat - how is Charlee doing?

Sorry I have not been in much, been so busy with work and just so tired all the time.

#38 meeskamouska

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

Sorry for not updating on Charlee. She is good now. It was just a vomiting bug. Disgusting things they r. Poor poppet. & poor mummy with all the washing.
Been busy here too. Paul is home & its always kaotic when he's home. Its about the only time I get to have some time for myself so taking advantage of that too..lol.
Hope everyone is well.

#39 bec8112

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

OMG I have a climber! Check out the video of Hannah on my FB page ( hope you can all see it as it is Dave's video but I am tagged in it ).  

#40 bec8112

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:49 PM

Very quiet in here.

Mands - how did the move go?

Ros - is the party this weekend? Hope it goes well and Chelsea has a great birthday.

Not much to report here, working again tomorrow. So busy and the money is great :-) Got a photo session booked for late tomorrow afternoon so hoping to get some nice family and kid shots.

#41 Fabulous

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:36 PM

Bec- the party went well, thanks for asking. It was good value. You get a choice of pirate or fairy theme and it is $6.70 per child. They get juice/soft drink, chips, burger/nuggets. Each child gets a pack containing a party blower, booklet, stickers and a hat. The hungry jacks host plays 2 games with them plus I bought my own pass the parcel.

#42 meeskamouska

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

Glad your party went well Ros. I like the idea of a party at a food outlet. I honestly think it would b the cheapest option too. Everytime I do a party for my girls it ends up costing an absolute bomb. Unfortunately for us the closest is Maccas & thats forty minutes away.

Bec, how'd the photo session go? I'd love to do some nice photos but I'm a sucker for good photos & would end up buying the whole package & not really needing them. I've never been one to b able to take the freebie & run. Will u put them up on FB?.

It has been quiet in here. I'm guessing its that stage of our parenting when you get busy again with work & family commitments.

I did a market on the weekend. My first one with my soaps. Wow it went well. I sold heaps. The day started rough with gusty winds, -1 temp & my gazebo blew away. Thankfully some lovely old men came to my rescue & put it all back together for me. Once I pushed thru Bellas constant whining about being cold I went on to have a fabulous day. I've been getting a heap of sales from random strangers on my website as well which just thrills me. Looks like I'll be upping the production. Yay.

Mands, hows thins in the new house?

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.

#43 Small Potatoes

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:51 AM

Quick post as I am on my phone. All moved in but have boxes every where. Dad has had the boys the last two nights so got quite a bit unpacked.  Have discovered the boys have a ridiculous amount of toys so am doing some culling. We just have a

#44 bec8112

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Nat - YAY on the markets! I mentioned your name and linked your website to Nappy Addicts forum as someone was asking about soaps and I told them yours were the best  biggrin.gif

Photo session was postponed to another weekend as the photographer was sick.  We are getting an awesome deal as she is from my other DIG from Hannah.  The photographer was looking for a 1yo girl with dark hair for some promo shots and she is using Hannah and then we are getting some other pics as a family and only $200 for the disc.

Ros - the party sounds good and cheap too  biggrin.gif

Mands - good luck with the unpacking, so much easier without the 2 older boys there!  Yeah my kids have so many toys too, its terrible!

#45 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

Nat - well done on the market. We all love your soaps so of course there was no doubt that you would do well.,  Glad to hear CR is better.

Bec - Aidan is finally crawling! and... walking around behind a walker... Seems he just figured it out. It means he follows me around the house whinging but it is a good start to some independence. I hope the family pics turn out well.

Mands - Yay! on the new house. I hope it all goes relatively smoothly for you.

Ros - I agree with Nat. Those package deal parties are great value. I bet the kids enjoyed it.

Mel - did you get your results?

AFU - Aidan was soooo sick again. Diarrhoea and off his food for a week. I changed formula's (he gets that at daycare) and things have improved immediately. He was on the Heinz Gold and had no trouble for months and I switched him to Karicare Stage 2. Interestingly he had 3 full bottles at daycare today whereas usually he only takes 20-60 mls or so. He still has lots of booby too. original.gif

Gotta go get some rest. I am absolutely knackered by work. Bleah sad.gif

Sharna

#46 bec8112

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

Sharna - yay on Aidan crawling and walking with the walker!!! He will be off and running soon! Hannah is so fast and cheeky! The video of her on the slide is just so her ( cheeky and she knows it! ).

My mum has injured the ligaments in her leg so she is unable to babysit the kids tomorrow so we are sending them to daycare instead, lucky I worked overtime on saturday to get a great pay this week :-)

Mel - hope you got excellent results, I am sure you did cause you worked so hard and deserve it!

Sorry no more time as I am in bed and so tired! This work being so busy is making me exhausted!

#47 themelster

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

Hi ladies,

Thanks for asking about my uni results - I did really well, straight HD's.  I'm pretty stoked about that, but am feeling the pressure of trying to maintain it.  Especially this semestr with 4 weeks away  unsure.gif   At least I know I am capable of it.

Bec - sounds like you are really pushing yourself at work - when will things quiet down so you can get a bit of a breather.  Don't wear yourself out too much lovely.

Mands - I'm glad the move went well.  I bet you are happy to be in your own home.  Can I ask how much it cost you to build it?  We are toying with the idea of buying some land out Samford way but I've no idea how much it would cost to build.  We wouldn't want anything flash - just 3 bed, 2 bath.  Not massive.

Ros - I bet the kids had a blast at the party.  Where are you guys in your house purchasing journey?  Are you still looking?

Sharna - I hope the family is still healthy.  I am sure Nadia is happy about Aiden crawling and starting to get around with a walker.  It won't be long now and they'll be chasing each other around the yard.

Nat - I am so happy for you that the Market was a success.  I had no doubt that it would be.  Your soaps are beautiful.  You have a real fan in Suzie  original.gif   She just adores your soap.  How did you set the stall up?  Did you have big blocks of fresh soap on display?  Or just pre-portioned ones?  The Moggill markets are still in deliberation with the Brookfield Council about moving there.  Suzie is still very keen to selll your soaps there once the move takes place.  The council are asking for a lot of money to move them there, but the markets are not for profit and just can't afford it, so they are in discussion and will hopefully come to a happy mutual arrangement.

Mark and I are off to look at a couple of houses out Samford way (again) this morning.  We are so undecided about whether to live city or country!  There are pro's and con's for both.  It's a tough one, for me anyway.  Mark would move out there in a heartbeat.

Have a great day everyone.

#48 Fabulous

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

Mel- I don't know the area that you are talking about however I think 'country' or ' city outskirts' is fine when your kids are little but not good as they get older when you need to look at getting them into good schools and when they need to do extra curricular activities. I prefer to live rural 'ish' myself but  won't do it anymore for those reasons. Congrats on your results.

#49 themelster

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:37 PM

Ros - thank you so much for your honest input.  It's exactly what I needed.  It's hard, because we are kind of emotionally attached with getting some land and having a bit of a seachange.  We went and had a look at a couple yesterday and today and I just fell in love with the area.  It is just outside Samford - Mount Samson it is called.  It took us 35 minutes to get there from our place, so probably 40 mins from the city.  It has it's own primary school and daycare etc, but you are right - come high school, we'd have to communte Tom to Ashgrove (that's IF he got into Marist Brothers...) which is probably a 25 minute drive.  Not too bad I guess, but not a walk up the road like it would be if we stayed here.  I'm not sure we could even afford to buy anywhere there to be honest...  It's a bit of a pipe dream right now....

Mands - building.  I must pick your brain....  I really wonder how muich it would cost to build a basic wooden house.  3 bed, 1 bath.  The RE agent seemed to think $250K once we got driveway, landscaping etc done.  really???  It seems a lot.  Also, did you have to pay rent AND your mortgage on the land?

#50 Small Potatoes

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

Mel, It cost us $440K to build excluding, curtains, landscaping and driveways but including carpet.  We paid a premium to get a quality builder (what a joke).  A similar size home with Tamawood would have cost about $300K.  You are looking at about $600 to $1000 per square meter.  Yes we rented and paid the mortgage on the land at the same time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.