October 08 Parents # 77

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

#76 Small Potatoes

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

Mel, we know some people who listed for $499K and got offered $440K after some negotiating they took $453K - though they did know their house was over priced at the listing price.

#77 meeskamouska

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:52 PM

Hey gorgeous girls.
Been missing our chit chat so thought I'd open some conversation.

Still no signed contract here but I think it'll happen tomorrow. Feling a bit nervous about the whole move thing. Just got cold feet all of a sudden....change....scary. I know it'll b fine.

Far out its been cold. I can't keep up with my fire.

Mel - when do u head away?? Must b mighty close.

How is everyone else???

#78 Fabulous

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:35 PM

Nat- how is the house sale progressing?

Mel- you must be leaving within days? I'm sure Tom will be fine. Jack is a real shocker of a kid with tanties and all but he was fine on the UK flight.

Mands- enjoying the new mansion?  biggrin.gif

Sharna- I hope your family is well.

Bec- how are your lovely kiddies?

School went back yesterday which was good in some ways. A new term starts so we have to fork out lots of cash as usual, piano lessons, tennis lessons, swimming etc. Kate quit gymnastics which was sad but at least I won't have to fork out $25 per lesson anymore. The cost of things these days!! I've been trying to sell of a lot of our nappies too. There are a lot of buyers on the facebook group but goodness me it is such a painful process compared to elsewhere. First to comment 'interested' gets first option. I'm seriously thinking of just giving them all away.

#79 meeskamouska

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

Hi Ros, same her. Not sure what to do with all my nappies. We still use them a little but nothing like when she was younger. I think I'll try to sell my ittis as a whole set. I think there is 6 or 8 there for like $100 inc postage. Otherwise I'm not sure. My GF I was going ot pass them all down to has pretty much given up on cloth sad.gif  never mind.
Bella wants to start gymnastics in toowoomba. She's always had a thing for it. $25 a lesson is a bit rich. You must run around all week with all those lessons to get your kids to.

The house sale is progressing nicely. They've signed and have 21 days for finance. The building inspector has been and the bank valuer came yesterday. Its all pending on the bank valuation. Hope fully I should know by early next week as to weather it'll go thru or not. I hate conditions in contracts but its pretty standard. Just makes it hard to get our own new place when there is still uncertainy with this one. Anyway, time will tell.

Made 10kgs of soap yesterday. I just love making the stuff. Its so rewarding.

#80 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:36 PM

Hi Everyone..

busy busy here... Had to take the girls to get tested for whooping cough today as they are very fluey and have a bad cough. There is so many cases of it at the moment around here. One of the boys Indy goes to daycare with was tested positive today so FDC had to be shut down for the day until further notice. I have just been on the phone to a nurse who said they had 4 cases just today.. Scary stuff. Now have to keep them home until the test results come back probably tuesday.

Nat - Great news on the contract signed.. Now the fun part of packing etc. not lol... I will have to jump on your website and order some soaps...

hi everyone else. hope you are all well.

#81 themelster

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:08 PM

Hey ladies, I'm outta here!  I'm typing this on my phone as we wait at the airport. Sorry I didn't get a chance to come in and write a lengthy post but time just got away from me.

Tom's all phenergan'd up - I hope he sleeps!!!!  

See ya's all in 4 weeks!!

#82 Small Potatoes

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:45 AM

Have an awesome trip mel

#83 Fabulous

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:38 AM

Mel- I guess you are in Singapore now. Enjoy your holiday you lucky duck.  original.gif

Edited by Fabulous, 30 July 2011 - 09:39 AM.

#84 meeskamouska

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

Hope you're having a fabulous time mel.

#85 Small Potatoes

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:08 AM

How is everyone?

I have been busy with my cards and updating my site and I also have a webdesign order so am doing that, plus keeping the house relatively tidy and my 40min napper has reared it's head so busy busy.  Am reading though.

#86 bec8112

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

Hi all,
Been super busy and now we are all sick  sad.gif

Does everyone use FB more than here? I am thinking of setting up a closed group on FB as I do not seem to come on here as much anymore.

#87 Small Potatoes

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

I am happy to do a closed FB group.  Two other groups I was on here with are now on FB

#88 themelster

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

I am on facebook too, but to be honest, Im probably on it as much as I am on here.

We are in sunny Burnley now (just outside Manchester).  Tom is lapping up the attention from the Grandparents!  He's been a real trooper during the travels.  Slept well on the planes and handles being dragged around Singapore in the heat really well.  Such a good boy!  We had a few drama's in Singers - he split his lip badly in the bathroom of the hotel - blood everywhere!  He was ok though, didn't need a stitch or anything as lips heal pretty well.  It did get us a late checkout of 6pm though!!  And got Tom a stuffed teddy from Hotel management  original.gif.  The other drama we had was toileting.....  All was going swimmingly until an automatic toilet "self-flushed" whilst Tom was sitting on it.  From then on, he flatly refused to use any toilet with "lights" (sensors...), which, if you have been to Singapore, is EVERY bloody public loo!  This resulted in him wetting himself on the subway platform once.  Thank god this happened on our last day there, otherwise it would have been a nightmare!  He is now happily using the UK toilets no prob - phew!

We're off to the North York Moors in a few days.  Just Mark and I, staying at this B&B:

http://www.flamboroughriggcottage.co.uk/

I can't wait - it's the highlight of my trip!  LOL  biggrin.gif

I hope everyone is well.  Chat soon.

xx
Mel.

#89 bec8112

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

Have set up a closed FB group.  If it does not work for everyone we can come back in here  biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.