January 07 Parents # 541

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
184 replies to this topic

#176 mesaana

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:18 AM

I thought it was just me reading too early in the morning!!  Mulan that was funny!

Jack is obsessed with playing 'fairies' at the moment - very funny.

Bizare dream last night where I didn't know I was pregnant up until labour.  A bit weird - a lot was about my status on FB and announcing it there  biggrin.gif .  Perhaps need a break from FB.  

Mulan - yep, the blanket I plan on making is pretty big too.  When I did mine as a kid, I just did a square ... one very very big square   laughing2.gif  .  But it was so very cool - I loved it.  Don't have it anymore now though.

I need to work out what I'm studying next study period.  They're 3 months long, so we're up to SP3 by September.  I'm tossing up b/w one or two topics.  The second topic is a web design one where we have to find a site on the internet to fix up.  I was thinking of doing my own - which would be a great way to finally get onto it - but its so much work.  I don't know if I want to take so much time studying this time and have a bit of a break.  The thing is I know I won't get to my website for ages if I don't do it now, and this topic only comes up in SP2 next year.  I have another few days to make the decision.....

#177 thebell

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:23 AM

Patterns for the blankets chickies?? I have the pattern for a similar one to this somewhere that I plan to start soon.

Megan- I hope your eye is better soon. Swimming would have been interesting!! Glad she enjoyed it though. Any new pics of little miss?

Alinta- lol at Indi being in size 0. At least she'll fit the pants I sewed for her! THey are 0s I think. Pepper is in some 1s and 2s. She'll slow down now she is moving though I hope!! I just bought more clothes for her. Thankfully we have a lot we got passed down. I should sort through her clothes again and pass them around actually.

Laura- That to me reads like Greek. I can't help. Sorry! Maybe you do need a break from fb. YOu should be announcing it here first!! lol

Mulan- Fencing? That's different. I like it! It looks like it takes real skill. <3

We are ok here. Raife has an ear infection and I wouldn't be surprised if Pepper does too. She's not sleeping well and rubbing her ear, she's off. I have been trying not to take all the kids with us to the gp. Brad's been working everyday, so I 'll try to get in in the morning with just Raife and Pepps.
Hunter has lost his 2 front top teeth, he looks and sounds hilarious. I'm going to attempt to bribe him for some photos for me.
Levi had his first lone playdate (without me) on THursday and had a ball. I thought he might be a bit funny, but nope, he was all good.
Alright, finished my iced coffee so should get off here.
xx

#178 Mulan

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

Sel I'm using this mitred square pattern

Laura I think you should do your website now. I get the feeling you will enjoy this subject more if you get something out of it so it won't feel as much need for a break perhaps

Rainy here and with extra kids in the house it's very noisy, so off to crank up the coffee machine

#179 mesaana

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

This is the one I'm doing - but doubling the size and with different colours.

Mulan - you're right, and I agree.  I would just like more time to do other things as well atm.  My days are long and I'm desperate to fit in some meditation and exercise as well each day - which means I'm exhausted in the evenings and need to go to bed by 9pm - so that leaves weekends to get study done, which is impacting family time.  I also have another 3 festivals in Sept/October - which are quite intensive and exhausting to do.

#180 mokeydoke

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:07 AM

Hello everyone original.gif Back online and in Narromine. I don't have much time here to get online though, so I'll just have to catch up when I get back to Deni. We are probably leaving on Wednesday, or Tuesday...it's so sad that our holiday is over. We both wanted to have some down time in Deni before everyone went back to school but it's not going to happen unfortunately, or rather is going to happen on a much smaller scale than we intended. I can't tell you how much I am not looking forward to getting back into all that.

Kimbal has a paediatrician appointment the following Wednesday, about anxiety, sleep issues and tonsils. I was watching RPA where the dr drew a diagram of the usual breathing space between tonsils and compared it to a child with large tonsils to explain why life was generally harder for the large tonsilled child, and Kimbal's were pretty much the same size as the diagram with only 0.5cm-ish in between the tonsils. Peter's are massive too, and often infected, so while I'm not too keen on getting Kimbal's out, I'm not too keen on him growing up and dealing with recurrent tonsillitis either.

If you've seen facebook you'll have seen me with the Commando wink.gif Holy wooha am I sore today! My knees and elbows are torn from the rough bindiied dirt/grass we were tortured on, and my body, every muscle in my body, is tight and sore. I know I should keep stretching but I can't laughing2.gif We did ok, I couldn't do another squat after the firs 33 though and he wasn't too cranky at me. He touched my bum at one point to get me back down to leopard crawl instead of baby crawl (we had to crawl under our team of 6 who were in pushup position - the last one had to crawl through then adopt pushup position at the front for about 150m). It was hard but fun.

Although it doesn't seem like a great idea today I'm also looking at getting a kayak for my birthday. Does anyone have any suggestions? Ideally I'd like to take a child passenger with me, but the tandem ones are too large for me to paddle alone and too long to transport easily.

gtg Curtis wee

#181 donthavetv

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:08 AM

good Morning..sorry I didn't reply, my week from hell is coming to an end but it wasn't all bad...but what the hell happened ?? so busy.

My brother is here, he arrived safe and sound for the funeral, we were all late but it didn't matter that much, it is a near 400km drive down there, and even though we left just after 6am, I had to get through peak hour traffic first to get to the south side of Perth. All my relos live south of the city, so of course they got there an hour earlier !.

Student going well, we sat on the beach last night, watched the sunset and ate fish and chips. He is going to Bunbury with Justin and Lachy this morning for Lachy's footy.

Thanks everyone for thinking of me, hopefully I'll be more available by Wednesday when my guest leaves.

#182 sam_k

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

Just checking in to ask for thoughts and prayers from my gran please.  She had another large blood loss on Wednesday and was admitted to hospital for palliative care.  The family were not willing to put her through another 2 rounds of surgery to try and find the problem (a dozen or more previous surgeries haven't found anything) and she can't have any more transfusions.  We were told she had 2 hours to live on Wednesday and she's still holding on, but only just.

We're all at peace with it and know that we have made the right decisions for her.  In typical Paige women fashion she's being extremely stubborn and will go when she is good and ready!  She had had periods of consciousness and is thankfully aware of where she is, what is happening and who we all are.  She's loving all the attention I think.

So please can you pray for her to have a peaceful passing soon.

Love to all.

#183 mokeydoke

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

I'm sorry Sam, and Mel again. Thinking of you both.

#184 Naz32

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that Sam. xx and a big hug.

#185 fillesetjumeaux

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

Sam, I'm so sorry about your grandmother, I hope her passing is peaceful when it comes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.