Toddler Friendly Cafes - NSW
Compiling a list

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ~Mintie~

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:19 PM

Hey everyone, I've seen quite a few posts asking for locations of toddler/children friendly cafes in different location around Sydney so I thought I would try to compile a list of cafes and restaurants that our members have tried and tested (or maybe if there is just one that you know of) and pin it in the NSW section. So if you have any to suggest, I'd love any contributions!
If you could include the suburb, Cafe/Restaurant name, and what sort of facility the place has, that would be wonderful. When I say facilities, this might include change rooms, fenced play areas, child safety etc.
No contact numbers are needed, but maybe just provide a quick review if you have been there, perhaps what sort of food they have and how you would rate it out of 5 (5 being the best, 1 being the worst).

Thanks everyone!

#2 mummamajeena

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:05 PM

Bitton at 36-37a Copeland St Alexandria is a gourmet deli/ cafe which has a designated kids play area. Food is very good and the play area great.

Envy Cafe at 109 Smith St Summer Hill is great- large outside courtyard, kid friendly. Good food and a good play ground and skate ramp acroos the road behind the Franklins.

Martini's Cafe at 529 King St Newtonw has two rooms upstairs that are kid friendly with toys and books.

Sydney Park, Princess Highway St Peters- huge playground, sand pit, bike area. Great coffee shop with outdoor seating.

Babycino's cafe at 31 Crinan St Hurlstone Park- designated kid friendly cafe with toys and a play area, also next to a small fenced playground.

#3 seayork2002

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

Ikea at Rhodes and I think there will be one at Tempe, I personally think the food for adults has gone downhill a bit but the food for kids is great and they stock everything you need.

#4 loriblue

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

Rushcutters Bay Park has a fabulous cafe in the middle next to a fenced playground. Perfect for sunny days as most of the seating is not undercover.

#5 tintin78

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

There is Glitter Cafe in Lillyfield on Darling St

http://glitterkids.com.au/

Found it by accident on the way home one day just as they were closing, but the fact they had a huge kids play area out the back got 2 thumbs up from me. They also do parties.

#6 shoofly

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

Cafe 169  - Alison Rd Randwick. Child friendly, children's play area.

#7 ~Mintie~

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

Thanks everyone!! I'm bumping this back up and hoping for more replies biggrin.gif

#8 cryptic

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

Canteen Cafe Camperdown - the cafe itself isn't particularly kid friendly but it is opposite a park/oval. They do table service to the tables in park so you can sit and have your coffee and lunch while the kids run around on the fenced oval.

Lillies on the Park, Bicentennial Park Homebush - next to a great play area. Highchairs, kids menu, colouring in for the kids. Also kids activities (cooking, high tea, kite making) at some times.

#9 Feelwild

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

Fate - 132 Marion St Leichhardt. The back room has kids toys and books. There is also a small courtyard adjoining.

Le Pain Quotidien - 54 Norton Street Leichhardt. Back room with large dining table. Very popular with mothers groups.

Cafe 101 - Inside the Homemaker Centre, Alexandria. Cafe is right near a kiddy play area.

#10 ComradeBob

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

The Flying Fox at Winneremery Bay Mona Vale, which is attached to a large fenced in playground. One part is for older kids and the other more for toddlers. It has a cafe and does takeaway that you can take to a number of picnic tables. The food is a bit pricey, but the chips are good. It has toilets and change rooms, but can be a bit cold in winter as it isn't fully indoors. On the weekends it is very popular and can get crowded and noisy but is better during the week.

The kiosk attached to Dunes Restaurant at Palm Beach has decent food and plenty of room for strollers. There's a large outdoor grassy area within view of the tables that kids can run around on and where you can eat takeaway.

#11 Domestic Goddess

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

Coffs Harbour - The Greenhouse Tavern caters well for kids. Has a cinema with kids movies, an outdoor playground, PS2's, a special Sunday kids program.
Plus it's been built over a stormwater drain that has many many water dragons that come up to be hand fed and turtles that you can feed with bread (given to you by the restaurant staff).

#12 knittingkitten

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

Digi.Kaf on St John's Rd, Glebe/Forest Lodge.

Food's good, and up the stairs there's a sofa, duplo and kid's books. They do small iced/hot chocolates and small (half) serves of the main menu.

And bloody decent coffee too!

#13 belindarama

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

I agre that Bitton is great but it is quite expensive.

The Crepe and Coffee Co, 60 Regent St Redfern is great. There is a corner full of toys for the little ones, babycinos are free, they have a high hair and a toliet. The owner has kids and is pretty tolerant. Very reasonable prices and the crepes are fantastic. They have other food too.

#14 little shooshoo

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

thanks to your topic I took my little one to Crepe and Coffee Co in Redfern and had a wonderful experience as my toddler played with toys, ate an entire spinach ad cheese crepe( huge and reasonably priced) and let me read the paper and have a coffee in peace!

#15 onyerbikeluv

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

The Little Marionnette in Balmain, which has great coffee & is opposite a grassed park - good for take-aways, not eating in with a toddler.

Post Box Cafe in Miranda, we didn't eat so not sure, i just had tea ... but it's got a pebbly area with toys that kept DD amused for ages (the pebbles more so than the toys haha) :-)

#16 nikram

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Sideways Cafe in Dulwich Hill is great also. Plenty of high chairs, kid friendly staff and lots of toys for kids to play with. Inside and outside tables and just up the road from Johnson Park.

#17 lovefamily

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

Hey everyone. Just discovered The Grounds Of Alexandria last weekend and it's quite something.

Outdoor area, chickens for kids to play with, little gardens with living herbs and labels, pebble stoned walkways taking you from one area to another.. its like a cafe/theme park for families.

And they do great coffee, too original.gif Get there early, though - by the time we were leaving around 10 there was already quite a crowd.

#18 Annaant

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (lovefamilyphoto @ 27/09/2012, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey everyone. Just discovered The Grounds Of Alexandria last weekend and it's quite something.

Outdoor area, chickens for kids to play with, little gardens with living herbs and labels, pebble stoned walkways taking you from one area to another.. its like a cafe/theme park for families.

And they do great coffee, too original.gif Get there early, though - by the time we were leaving around 10 there was already quite a crowd.

#19 WhimsicalDragonfly

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

What an awesome topic! I've just bookmarked it!

#20 N_May23

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

in the penrith area there is

The myer one cafe (in the plaza)
their coffee and food is pretty good and there is a play area for the kids and they also offer colouring in etc.

the coffee club (across the road from trent reserve aka the nepean river)
again their coffee is pretty good and the food isnt to bad either and they have a play area outside but still undercover (good for rainy days) and you also have the option of take away so you are able to cross the road and go to the other play area's along the river if you wish too.

#21 CKT9

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

My current favorite kid-friendly cafe is Revolver in Annandale.

I actually blog about kid-friendly places to eat, play and explore in Sydney - please check out my site for ideas, or let me know places I should add!

brunchwithmybaby.com

#22 seayork2002

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:41 PM

The Gingerbread House in Katoomba

#23 CasaJaRae

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:26 PM

Spectrum Cafe in Port Stephens Anna Bay

#24 KA

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:55 PM

On the north side of Sydney is:
Mowbray Eatery
1 Felton Avenue, Lane Cove North, Sydney, NSW (just off Mowbray Rd).
The food and coffee is way above average and they have a lovely big timber deck with an enclosed kids playground.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.