February 2010 Parent Group #28

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#26 Aoibhel

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

Well, it's official, my mother's group has turned their back on me. Checked our FB group a couple days ago, and found my name has been taken off the contact list. Multiple get togethers have been planned recently, and I've been missed of the email list. One even had the gall to tell me the get togethers are just rock on up - which really works great when you aren't TOLD about them!

So that's that. I'm dealing with another bought of depression because of my business, and my only support group has decided they don't want someone who needs cheering up around. Another round with the crisis team, and after the last experience, that's the LAST thing I need.

#27 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

Aiobhel, bbighug.gif  thinking of you-  sorry to hear bout your woes of late.  Our mothers group is a little divided with me feeling like I am the stake in the middle between the division.

AFU: After our little tantrums we decided we need a break from the same old, we are taking a short holiday to melbourne this weekend to do some shopping.  We have only been 3 times since A was born, the first to Melbourne to Bon Jovi (my mum came with us) and then to Adelaide on spur of moment which was a bit disastrous.  This time we will be more organised, I hope.

Cold, wet and windy today...lucky the fire is going,

waves.gif first time mama.

#28 Stained

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

Hi all!

ALM I hope you are having a lovely break and I hope it helps settle things between you and DP!

Aoibhel I am so sorry about your mother's group. I do understand that sometimes it can be hard having someone around that needs cheering up BUT that is no excuse to just ditch someone who so obviously needs the support! sad.gif I dont know what to say but that just sucks in the worst possible way and I hope the crisis team is actually helpful this time!

FTM I hope you are feeling better very quickly. Food poisoning or any kind of gastro is the sickness I dread the most and it is so hard if there is no one near by to take the baby when you cant even get out of bed!
Nights out just arent the same are they? Just not worth it anymore!
I started feeling better as soon as I had the appointment with the counselor and now that so much stress is happening it is probably for the best. Things keep happening and DH keep asking me when my next appointment with the 'crazy lady' is wink.gif Tounge1.gif

ME Thanks for your understanding. It is a hard concept for people to grasp sometimes.
DH is in banking but a job looks very promising in a sales role and he is actually looking forward to a change.
From FB and you other thread I just want you to know I am thinking of you and hope everything is ok.

AFM Micah is still unwell and miserable so I am hoping he starts to improve soon.
My 20 week scan results showed soft markers for Downs Syndrome so I spent some more time crying on Thursday but am feeling much better now. I am angry they even told me when it could turn out to be nothing. I dont have the NT scan because I would rather not know in advance!

Spent some time at mum and dads this week which was nice apart from Micah not sleeping! She looked after the boys while we went out for dinner, which was so needed and appreciated!
Anyway I have to go, Gabe isnt in bed yet...
Be back soon!

#29 *~*ME*~*

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:16 AM

stained i have also been told the issues my baby have could be nothing, i have spent most the weekend crying, only one more sleep then i find out whats happening.

Glad to hear you had a nice time away.

For thos who dont know i had a scan friday which still shows low fluid, but it was slightly higher 7.1cm, and dopplers were ok, but they said baby had an enlarged heart and small amount of fluid on lungs, of course i found all this out friday arvo, and i dont know what it means until tomorrow when i see head fetal of medicine person. I googled which is always a bad thing and read the worst case scenarios.

the ob said because there was no sign of it earlier thats good, she said it could be one of those things that resolves itself. Community midwife said it sounds like they may deliver baby early
which for me is a problem in itself, with 3 kids at home, a dh who cant have much time off... and a sick baby who would spend a lot of time in neonatal. i guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

sorry for the ME post, i will keep you all updated, the support i have had on both EB and FB has been amazing.

#30 tam1979

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

Stained - sorry to hear about your DH, hadn't he not long commenced where he is now, I seem to remember you moving not that long ago? I hope he finds something soon.
Good to hear you have realised that you where not in the best space and have spoken to someone about it, it takes alot to do that  original.gif
I am sure that as soon as your bubba is born you will be very excited.

Aiohbel - OMG how rude of your mother's group. I hope you get the support that you need xxx

FTM - hope you recovered well from your partying, I am not a good at recovering from late/big nights.

ALM - hope you are enjoying your weekend in Melbourne and it helps to reconnet DP & you.

Me - I have been thinking of you, I saw your post on FB, hope everything is ok xoxo

I have had a good weekend, Friday night we had a trivia night for my friend who has breast cancer, I think there would have been alot of money raised which is good. Was a late night and I didn't get much sleep as the IL's where staying (they looked after the kids for us) and they where up and down all night to the toilet coughing etc.
Yesterday a friend and I had an afternoon/evening to ourselves with no kids. We left just after lunch, went to a different town, had a pedicure, sat outside a lounge and had a glass of strawberry champagne, went shopping then had dinner and went to the El Caballo Blanco show. Was great, but late we didnt get home until 11.30pm.

#31 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:20 PM

Hi

Had a great weekend away.  Amber travelled extremely well.  We went to the Melbourne Aquarium - I think we missed half of it because it was late when we went and Amber kept taking off on foot in every other direction but it was great and she was fascinated by the real life 'pingu'.  Spent a fortune on her with clothes from Pumpkin Patch.  Went and ate al fresco on Lygon Street Saturday nite.

Well just finished watching PTR...cried just a little and now enjoying W&L season finale.

#32 eidel

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:57 AM

ME Have you got any more news yet? Or had any further tests?  I hope everything's OK.

ALM It sounds like Amber's pretty good at travelling.  Would love to take the girls to the Aquarium.  I'm thinking of taking Heidi to the Angelina Ballerina Ballet in January, something you will enjoy I'm sure when Amber is a 4 year old ballerina wannabe!

Stained I hope you are feeling better.  All I can say is that I really feel that Heidi has turned a corner when she turned 4 - tantrums are easing, she's getting easier to talk to, can be entertained for longer with pencils and textas.  I'm sure soon when Gabe gets to that point you will see that they aren't toddlers forever, and that will make having a new baby a bit less stressful.  Go easy on yourself.  

Aiobhel Maybe you should contact your local playgroup.  You definately need to keep up the social contact and if things don't work out with your MG, then I found playgroups awesome - you don't need to arrange anything as they're at the same place (eg in a hall) every week at the same time.  

Firsttimemama How are the wedding plans going?  I think I remember what you were planning, but now I can't! Was it just going to be a small one?

AFM My Mum is here to stay ATM for about a week.  Such a relief the girls are entertained by someone other than me.  Not that I'm that entertaining, but you know what I mean.  I've been going OK with working 3 days, I actually enjoy it as I feel like I make more of a contribution to my work than just being a 'fill-'in' person.  Kids are going well, nothing to report there.  We just moved Elke into Heidi's room, a little early for my liking, but with Mum here we thought we'd try them out while we need a spare room.   I think they like it, it's Elke that is more disruptive when they go to sleep.  

As I said, we are going to Melbourne in January to see Angelina Ballerina.  I can't wait, not that Heidi does ballet, but she's a bit of a girly tomboy if that makes sense and loves dressing up in her tutu and dancing to Black Betty.  Hopefully my SIL will have had her baby by then too (due 26th Jan), am so excited to have another baby in the family.  

Busy trying to keep up with Uni, just finished another assignment last night, but my head feels like its going to explode sometimes.  I get about 1/2 rest between putting kids to bed and studying in the night.  As you can imagine I have no social life!

#33 *~*ME*~*

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:10 AM

thanks for asking Christine, I am having a fetal echo done tomorrow, so they are having a detailed look in babys heart. then I have scans every Friday to check fluid and growth. So its just a matter of waiting. they have booked me in for c section at 39+1 but they dont think i will get that far anyway.

sorry for lack of personals. just flying through.

#34 Aoibhel

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:18 AM

heidelke - the nearest PG is run by one of the MG who has made it pretty nasty for me. No car still so...

Rhi pointed at her nappy this morning and yelled out yellow! (yeyyow or lellow, she can't do y and l together yet) When I cheered she did it again, great start for a day.

Good luck with the echo today, ME.

Nappy Hunt is in full swing, fun fun!

Edited by Aoibhel, 05 September 2011 - 09:20 AM.

#35 Stained

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:30 PM

HI all!
Still quiet in here!

Aoibhel Are there any plans for you to get a car any time soon? It would probably help you be a bit less isolated and you could also probably expand your social circle because you can go to where there are people you like!
Enjoy your nappy hunting... Although I love MCN I have never participated... Probably a good thing, I waste enough time online as it is wink.gif

ME I saw on FB fluid levels are low but how did the scan of bub's heart go? Please try not to stress... It wont help and will just leave you feeling rubbish. I am thinking of you!

heidelke Gabe has been ok, although he just wants to watch TV ALL day...  wacko.gif
Hope your mum's visit has been great. It must have been lovely having her there! I am thinking of putting the boys in the same room soon (will probably happen when we move) and am scared! I am finally getting som good sleep! I also dont want them waking each other in the morning. Micah usually sleeps in quite well (til 8 or so) and I dont want Gabe waking him up when he wakes! Oh well, that is my white whine wink.gif
Glad work is going well for you original.gif
Oh and just to let you know Snicker had a little girl the other day... You totally need to be on facebook!!!

ALM SOunds like you had a great time away. I hope it has helped things settle down between you and your DP.

Tam SOunds like you have had some great kid free time! You deserve it! DH had been in his job just over a year...

AFU DH started a new job this week which is great but we are all SO missing having him at home!! We got used to it and I quite like him wink.gif
We still need to work out a house... In our budget, online atm are two suitable houses for rent  wacko.gif very tight market!
We cant buy anything atm, because of DH's new job we cant borrow for a few months...
Anyway I am sure something will come up!
Apart from that we are all chugging along nicely original.gif

#36 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

Hi

Stained  so happy to hear DH found work.  

ME  What is the plan of action should your fluid levels keep dropping?   Thinking of you too.

Yes I did see Snickerdoodle had a little girl Alexis.  Makes me go cluck cluck but this hen has hatched all its eggs it wants to original.gif

AFU:  Still plodding along.  Amber has woken up twice from her overnight sleep with dry blood in her nose -- thinking it could be dry nasal passage (as had heater going on both occasions) and/or she is sensitive to pollen etc.

Been trying to work on her vocabulary as feel she should be talking a lot more.  Says about 9 words but they are mainly animals including mum, dad and bub and go.  she babbles a lot at home but apparently at child care very quiet.  (My mum says she must take after me as I am a very quiet person).

Today went to pick her up from childcare to be greeted by an incident form waved in front of me to sign.  I thought she was the one that caused harm but she was the victim.  I noticed on arrival a scratch on her nose (thinking she had done a wobbly and scratched herself as she has known to do) - the carer said she wasnt the one in the room but the kids were having free play time and this other child wanted to be where Amber was and so scratched her to get her out the way.    It wasnt too deep or really that bad and as said wouldnt have known any different thinking she was the one to scratch herself.  With a little moisturiser/paw paw ointment it should heal within a few days then start to fade.  

anyway off to bed.

#37 tam1979

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:07 AM

Me - I saw on FB about your fluid levels too, as Stained said try not to worry too much, hope you find our more at your apt next week.

Stained - great news that DH got a job, is it in a different town, are you moving again?
I dont think I will have my kids share if I can get away with it, I always had my own room (but I am an only child).

ALM - aw poor little Amber, hope it clears up well. I accidently scratched DS eyelid months ago and it is still scarrred even with butting creams & bio oil on it.
I was out to lunch with a friend last week and she noticed that Arwen has chipped one of her front teeth  cry1.gif  I hadn't even noticed it, the only time that I can think that she could have done it was when she ended up with a big egg on her head from falling.

AFM - we are all good, DD is getting so much like a little girl rather than baby. Although it would be nice if her brother would share with her  rolleyes.gif

We have a friends 40th today, starts as 3pm, I will go when Arwen wakes up and stay until the kids get too cranky. DH is working so he won't get there until about 7pm

Edited by tam1979, 10 September 2011 - 09:10 AM.

#38 eidel

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

Stained and ALM, thanks for the updates RE Snicker.  I get so excited when other people have babies (like you ALM, no more for me either).  A guy at work had his first bubba on Wednesday (boy, Oliver) and my SIL (age 39) had her 20 week scan this week, another girl for them (DD2), and my sister who's already got a 13 and 14 year old is pregnant with #3, at the age of 40. I really thought Elke would be the youngest in my family (as I'm the youngest of 4 and had Elke when I was 34), but there you go.  I'm so excited for them.  

Anyway, keep up the facebook updates, I'm still not signing up though!  

Off to Victoria tomorrow til Friday, DH will do fine with the girls, he's turned into such a househusband lately.  I'm not complaining at all!  I'm actually a bit sad, cause I know I'm going to miss them, whereas before I was breaking my neck for a holiday, but now I work 3 days it has made me appreciate my time with them a bit more.  I'm sure Heidi will be OK, but it's a bit hard to explain to Elke where Mummy is.  Even when Nanna left she kept going to her room looking for her.

#39 *~*ME*~*

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:30 PM

hi lovelies!

well i was told if they get down below 5cm they start to get concerned. mine are 3.3cm and they dont give a stuff! same monitoring as i was having before, so scans every week.

baby is smallish as well. last scan baby was just estimated at 1.7kgs. (i was 34 weeks) and they say they gain 200grams a week from now on.

daniela yay to hear everythings going well. How is your pregnancy going? My fetal echo scan was fine. babys heart is slightly englarged on the right side, but they said thats normal for this gestation.

ALM poor amber, hope her scratch is better real soon.

Tam, its sad our babys are growing up... mind you Elias is still such a baby in my eyes, hes a real little sook. i am wondering how he will go when baby comes.

christine hope your girls are ok without you there.

#40 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:11 PM

Christine  Goodluck on your Vic trip...I dont think I could handle being away from Amber for so long.  Hope they can survive without you.

ME  I would be demanding they do start to give a stuff.  

Tam Poor Arwen and her chipped tooth.  I always dread Amber will knock out one of her teeth when she falls down hard.

AFU  Had a quiet weekend, DP was away on a job  biggrin.gif so got some peace and quiet on that front, he is on his way home but goes again Wednesday tea time to QLD so will be without him for about 3-4days.  He rang me tonight and mentioned that he would look after Amber tomorrow til 12 when he has to go unload the job and would take her to Childcare. I dont know if I am being unreasonable and I know he would ilke to spend some time with her before going away again but if her routine doesnt need to be messed up especially on a childcare day then I feel it be best if she go for the entire day or at least the first part of the day and if wanted he could pick her up mid afternoon (3ish) although he is probably still going to be working.  He has good part of the evening with her, all day Tuesday and half of Wednesday.  

Anyway off to print some invoices/receipts out for him and get our stuff ready for work/chidcare then perhaps relax and watch some mind numbing TV or even head to lala land.

#41 tam1979

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:43 PM

Just an updated from facebook on Bec, her husband just posted this...
Hi all BEC's husband CRAIG here.......I am about to leave the house. Bec went to flinders for a check up this morning and the doc's want our baby out NOW!!!
BEC is booked in for 3pm this afternoon. Will keep you all updated!!!!!

#42 tam1979

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

Bec's birth announcement -

bec, craig and kids are pleased to announce the safe arrival matilda may, born sept 12th, 3.46pm and weighs a tiny 2.21 kgs

#43 *~*ME*~*

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:09 AM

Hi

Yep i am here and so is my baby!

On monday i went in for a ctg and the ob on decided my baby was better out than in. Matilda was born weighing 2.21kgs (4lb14oz) and 44cms. Matilda is in neonatal, which is sooooo hard leaving her, but she is doing well. and hopefully will be home in no time.

She is sucking the bottle well and is in an open cot, she basically just needs to be on all suck feeds and gain weight then she can come home. her weight is now down to 2.06kgs.

sorry for the me post, hope everyone is doing well.

Bec

#44 tam1979

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

Bec - thanks for updating, hope you don't mind that I put the news in here for those not on FB.

I hope that you beautiful Matilda gains weight quickly and will soon be home with you. How are the other kids coping and you, are you ok?

#45 *~*ME*~*

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:27 AM

Tam thanks that was great putting the news up here!

Its hard, really hard... kids are missing me, but i wanna spend as much time at the hospital as i can. Matilda gained 20grams, so thats a positive.

moving to 4 hrly feeds today i think, so hopefully it will be soner rather than later that she is home.

#46 eidel

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:30 PM

Congratulations Bec and Michelle on the birth of your little girls!  So exciting to have some more bubs join our group.  

Everything went really well in Victoria, and in Tasmania with DH looking after both girls on his own.  He's such a super dad and has really gotten into learning so much about what they like/dislike, how to manage both of them out and about, shopping, cooking etc.  I think it's due to him having to get them ready for child care and doing the morning routine on his own since the start of this year that's he coped so much better this time round, although a little exhausted (he he he!)  

I totally understand you ALM about not being able to leave Amber, I was a nervous wreck when I went to my first residential school when Heidi was about 8 months old, and my Mum and DH looked after her together - and it was only 2 nights away and only 1 1/2 hours drive (we lived in Melbourne).  Now I soak up the time away, cause after 4+ years of kids, I'm a little tired and appreciate sleeping 9 hours and not screaming half the day, and eating pizza for dinner - when I want, not at 5.30.  

After coming home to the usual 4 year old battle of the wills and whingey toddler I expressed to DH that when he goes to the doctor for his next prescription repeat this month to feel free to ask about getting the chop chop.  We already use a form of contraception that's pretty reliable for 5 years, but even though I've got 3 1/2 years left, I don't have much doubt at all that 2's perfect for our family.  

Hope everyone else is doing OK.

#47 Gone-Country

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:34 PM

I've only just seen this, so a belated Congratulations Bec on the early but safe arrival of Matilda May. I am totally in love with her name!  I am so sorry though that she is in SCN. I have been there and it's awful not being able to take your baby home. I hope that it isn't too long until Matilda can be at home with the rest of her family where she belongs.  I don't have you on FB, but feel free to add me.  Lisa P. I am friends with others in here so you shouldn't have any issues finding me.

Take care of yourself.   The SCN journey is tough on Mum.

A big Congratulations to Michelle too. I have said that on FB, but will say it again here!

I will try and get back in the next few days for an 'us' update.  I have a health nurse appt with Thomas on Wed so will post after that.

Lisa

#48 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

It is so quiet in here, all must be busy with our LO's.

Amber is doing well, had her supplement immunisation with prevanar 13 yesterday (PREVIOUSLY immunised with prevanar 7 at 6mths which only provided immunisations against 7 strains of the pneumococcal disease and now have 6 extra strains protected against in the vaccine which became available on 1/7/2011 and part of the national program.  The needle going in no worries but her arm did bother her afterwards which was a first for all needles she has had and still a bit sore today as she kept pulling on sleeve of the top so found something loose.

Hoping to dodge the outbreak of hand, foot and mouth disease at childcare (6 confirmed cases in past week) - it not been confirmed in the room she is in but she does go into the 1st nursery at drop off and pick up times for short bouts.

Must go.  Just thought touch base and bump our group up a little.

#49 *~*ME*~*

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

Hi all

just a quick one from me, baby is about to cry!

Elias had his hydrogen breath test done to check if he is lactose intolerant, the results came back today, he definitely is.

poor bubby sad.gif

#50 tam1979

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:30 PM

Me -sorry to hear Elias has tested positive to lactose intollerance, at least there are many other alternitives available. Hope he starts gaining weight now original.gif
How is Matilda going, you all settled in at home to a nice routine I bet.

How is everyone, all gone quiet in here again.

We are just plodding along same old stuff really.
Got a few busy weeks coming up with DS birthday as well as many friends birthdays, then before we know it it will be christmas/new year and our bubba's birthday's!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.