Pregnancy After Miscarriage ~ #41

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
270 replies to this topic

#26 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:41 AM

Mona - I am the queen of too much prelabour knowledge at the moment!!

Diarrhea - a very common symptom experience by most women in the 1-7 days before labour (please don't let it last 7 days!!)

Waters breaking - only about 15% of women have their waters break before labour starts, most break during first stage active labour and some need to be broken. No you wont have any warning, although it is often a trickle as baby's head is blocking the exit! My GF had a movie-style moment at her local supermarket when her waters broke with a big sudden splash! She was mortified and with number 2 didn't leave the house for the last 3 weeks!

Other common prelabour symptoms: BH, increasing in intensity, radiating into your legs and groin; cramping in pelvis (like period) or back; nausea and/or vomitting although the vomitting doesn't usually happen until labour is established; irritability, emotional, crying and the other 'biggy' is a bloody show - usually mucous-streaked with blood as your plus starts to come away. Once your plug starts to come away labour is usually fairly close behind.

Of all of that all I'm missing is the loss of the mucous plug (plus my waters remain intact).

OK, I'm supposed to be ordering FIL birthday present and organising my labour bag so I best get on to that rather than reading MORE prelabour rubbish when I know perfectly well that is what I have and that it could last a day, weeks or stop again and the internet can't tell me which roll2.gif darn internet!

#27 key4

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

Congrats Mum2k  I love her name hope you are both well.

Mona - My waters broke with dd I didn't know it was going to happen or that it had happened I thought I had wet myself so no were near has dramatic as the movies!

Jen - You must be just over the prelabour and exhausted you poor thing. Heres to the water breaking then they have to do the c/section!

Hernette - Yeah to sore boobs that means lots of progesterone. Bonds do a maternity singlet called bonds bumps I have found they help heaps. They are great for breastfeeding too later on and have a great built in bra which I have used even when not pregnant!

#28 *MONA*

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

well dang jen! ur full of usefull info! love it! biggrin.gif & thanks key for sharing ur experience!

its really hit me this morning that yep in with in the next 20 somthing days ima be holding my very own little baby! biggrin.gif

i keep getting this weird over whelming feeling..its so strange i get like this vision of me kissing my bubs fat little cheeks! and the emotional feeling i get when i think about it is just so much love!
hormonal much? Tounge1.gif

ok ok time for house work, still feels weird not having to go to work today!!

#29 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

Congratulations Mum2K & welcome little Sophie!!  biggrin.gif

#30 Mamabug

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

Mum2K - glad to hear your little one has arrived and you are having fun getting to know each other all over again (very strange seeing them, when you 'know' them so well already). :-)

jen - you have my sympathy. Never having gone into labour I have no idea what you are enduring at the moment, but let's hope it doesn't all just stop again!!!

My only late pg issue at the moment is a complete lack of patience, complete irritability and a healthy dose of general crankiness on top of that!!!

Biggest Bug had her first ever sports carnival today - I stopped in for a couple of hours. And sadly, it has been confirmed that the poor little Bug has inherited her Mama's athletic ability... rolleyes.gif I don't think we've got future champion in this one - but she had a good time!!!!

#31 key4

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

Oh Mama not to worry maybe she is an academic! My children are neither artists or atheletes either

#32 Mamabug

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (key4 @ 25/07/2011, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh Mama not to worry maybe she is an academic! My children are neither artists or atheletes either

Oh, no doubts about it!!! She has the soul of an actuary, that one!

I was told with much mirth about a "play incident" at daycare last year when one of her friends suggested they play horses and go galloping across the paddocks. The Bug looked at her puzzled and said "but we can't, we're people, we've only got two legs, not four".

At the end of her first week of big school she declared that she didn't like it because they "haven't even done any sums yet".

Or her logic when I told her that she and her brother would have to agree on what colour to pain their new room. After a moment's thought she came back with: "well, there are two of us, and four walls, so we can each have two walls painted the coulour we want".

#33 Bigmum

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

Haha mama, your bug sounds like my dd1!! Although she is great at art/craft etc. Maybe shell be a mathmatician!!

Mona, according to that site, I am having my baby 11-20 days early, it will average 6.2pds, and my labour will be 17 hours!! Lol I hope I get a 6 Oder, but not a 17 hr labour lol!!

Jen, good luck... Hope the poos are a good sign... Sounds like your baby wants out!

Smith- yay for the 10 week Countdown!! Yay. There is one benefit of gd, they usually induce in a controlled labour scene- although with dd1 I was already 4cm dialted before my "induction" all they had to do was break my waters and she was here three hrs later. They had an insulin drip in one arm, and a glucose drip in the other to keep my bsl stable. I had a bsl of 9 once the labour was over and dd was 3- so high enough to not need any instant formula. Dd2 had a bsl of 1.7 at birth, and I didn't technically have gd (33weeks)- but can't help feel I had it! She was also 5pd6- 2.5kg. Bigger than most 38week Babis in the scu!! Lol. Me thinks I had it!!

Congrats on a safe delivery mum2!! Yay

Good luck tomorrow hernette- sore boobs are a great sign!!

Yay to milk already Kate! Sounds like a good sign, although I think breast pads might be in order as time goes on, I used to sleep with towels next to me the bed got so wet!.....with colostrum......:-o!!

Hi to any I have missed!!

I am 20 weeks and ONE day!! Yay!! Ds was born at 20 weeks exactly (19weeks 5 days by my dates), so I am very happy to be passed this point!! I really feel we could finally meet our baby this year :-)

#34 CallHimSmith

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

Bigmum - it must be a huge relief to pass that date. Here's toa smooth rest of pregnancy

Mum2K - Congratulations and welcome to the world Sophie!!

Jen - enough with the pre-labour already - time to have a baby  wink.gif tee hee Hope you're survivng okay, you're a trooper!

Hernette - I second the soft bra. I bought a 'crop top' style bra from target and LIVED in it for the first trimester. I still wear one to bed most nights

Mamabug - love the DD comments. She has clearly thought things through yyes.gif

Mona - enjoy your maternity leave! And oh so close! Hope the next 20 odd days fly by!

DF - haven't heard from you. Hope all is well

AFM - Well, feel quite proud of myself for doing a proper post for once! Went and had a pedicure this morning and am supposed to be cleaning out my linen cupboard but instead am drinking tea and watching Jerry Springer blush.gif I really want to clean but am so exhausted. Keep telling myself no rush. Will sit for a bit longer (and have another cup of tea) and then start ..... you will tell if I've done it or not if I keep popping on here roll2.gif

smith x

#35 key4

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

Mamabug - Actuary would be an awesome way to go my best buddy is one and has a very nice life due to it. I was stupid and spent 5 years doing a degree in healthcare she did a 3 year degree then a few more years post grad but I do prefer people to paper!

BigMum - Yeah here is to another smooth 20 weeks to come.

Smith - Linen cupboards just get messy again enjoy the tea!

#36 Mamabug

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

What is this linen cupboard of which you speak???? I have two small shelves in a multi-purpose cupboard, so I only have two sets of stuff. One on the shelve, one in use!

Ah, but when we move..... I will have a cupboard and be able toget my linen out of storage!! And then I will have to deal with the mess...

#37 hernette

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) I am very well endowed blush.gif so my girls need decent scaffolding.

#38 *MONA*

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

big mum just wanted to say a huge congrats on passing to 20 week milestone! *raises my glass of non alcho beer* heres to a smooth 20 weeks more!

#39 Bigmum

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

Thanks all- hey Mona can't I just have a sniff of real alcho beer??? Pleeeaaasssee? I love the smell of alcohol when utd!! Lol

hernette- very fortunate for you! I'm a surf board... Ok, maybe a bit bigger these days post kids and preggas, but.... Envious of big boobies :-p

#40 Caramel Latte

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (CallHimSmith @ 25/07/2011, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DF - haven't heard from you. Hope all is well

I am ph34r.gif , have had some more serious bleeds over the past two days so just taking it easy and trying to think "happy thoughts". Have to go to the EPAU tomorrow so just quietly waiting...stressing etc.

Am reading and hoping for the best for you all.

#41 hernette

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

Good luck, DF

#42 Mamabug

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

Thinking of you DF.

A random mathematics question:

Baby Bug has gained 500g in two weeks (according to u/s)
I have lost 500g in two weeks (according to ob scales)

How does that work when we share the same essential mass???? It is seriously doing my head in!!!

#43 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:15 PM

Bigmum - yay original.gif

hernette - mine are a d-dd and I still think sports bras!

DF - good luck tomorrow, I'm sure Oreo is still fine and just causing you more greivance sad.gif must be a boy laughing2.gif

mamabug - you have lost 1kg but baby bug has picked up half of it!

Linen cupboards...hmmm, DS has spare sheets because he can still go through 3 a night if sick. No one else does, we have 2 QBs and 2 sets of sheets and they get washed and dried in a day if they need it. I guess we're stuffed if my waters break in bed!

AFM - nothing to see here. Bad cramping and occasional BH continue as do headaches, nausea, starvingness, toileting...well, pretty much the rest of the things on the prelabour list. On tomorrow, I am going to beg her to have a look and see if anything is happening down there (yes, I know it won't foretell anything but I can't face the thought all this pain has been for nothing at all!) I shall let you all know at lunchtime tomorrow that nothing is happening at all biggrin.gif Brilliant!

#44 Mamabug

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

Thanks jen..I knew there had to be a logical answer, I just couldn't find it!!

I'm 34 weeks and I've gained 7kg...apparently none of it has been grey matter rolleyes.gif

#45 michelle120773

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

Okay ladies...having yet ANOTHER stress....my son has a rash.  

I've had him at the doctors tonight who says the only way to tell if its german measles is a blood test, he apparently has no other indicators that it is gm and my immunity was really high (over 46) when done 4 weeks ago so he's happy to just leave it.  

Should I be insisting on the blood test?  

Should I be concerned?

How will I know if I have gm?

Okay...officially stressed again!

#46 key4

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

Michelle - What does the rash look like on your son? Measles usually presents first on the tummy and spreads out and is usually not the only symptom - it is very common to also have fever, respiratory symptoms and joint pain.

Is your son vaccinated? If so the risk of rubella is very low and your immunity is high so the chances of you getting it is also low.

If it helps at all the congential defects caused by Rubella usually occurs if exposure is within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy - you are outside that danger zone so another thing in your favour.

If you are concerned you could seek a second opinion hope everything works out ok it would be very worrying.

DF I hope everything is ok with you too

#47 michelle120773

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

Thanks Key4

I first noticed the rash on his hip beofre his shower and then when he got out it was between his legs, on his belly and other hip.

It doesn't appear to be anywhere else and it doesn't appear to look like any of the rashes I have found as examples of rubella on Dr Google.

He's had a cough and cold for about a fortnight but no joint pain, fever or even unwellness at all during that time.

I'm trying to breathe!

#48 PeanutBrown

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:50 PM

offline blood test  was not great so now i shall be off to the GP and see what other advice they have

#49 Bigmum

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:02 PM

hugs and fingersxd df xx

Michelle, my dds had these pin prick type rashes (theirs started on their backs) called "viral infections". Temps, snotty nose and horrid rash that spread like a wave, and disappeared in 3-4 days. Doctor said g/measles highly unlikely, a's not very common these days. Good luck. Agree tho, the risk is more in the first trimester.

Jen, good luck with getting your hoo har checked!!

Mama, I can't work out the math so I might need to ask your daughter lol! Or jens explanation works :-) haha

#50 hernette

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:15 AM

Hi ladies

Feeling very anxious about my scan. My boobs were acheing yesterday.  Today they're barely tender. I'm scared there's going to be nothing on the scan sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.