Pregnancy After Miscarriage ~ #41

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
270 replies to this topic

#51 Mamabug

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:57 AM

Peanut - hope you can get yourself hydrated and feeling better asap. Seriously, if things aren't looking good from your tests, rock up to emergency.

Hernette - breast tenderness waxes and wanes. We are all sending you massive positive vibes.

DF - same goes for you and Oreo...nothing but good stuff coming your way.

Jen - ooooh....potential hoo-har day. How excitement...keep us posted (er, um, no pictures necessary, 'kay??)

Tygrays - are you out there? Hope all is well.

AFM - the precious poppets have had me awake since 4am. Not happy. But, in a moment of mama gloat, I shall share a chat I had with Biggest Bug's kindy teacher this morning. Told her about our impending relocation and about the new school she will be going to, which has five kindy classes, compared to one at her current school.

The teacher said that would be great for Biggest Bug as she is "easily at the top of this class and should be working with the Year 1 class so she actually gets some competition".  At least that supports our theory that our girl is bored with school, even though she enjoys the process, she isn't challenged

#52 Neko NoNo

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

Hernette- good luck! Thankfully, as mama says, boob tenderness come and goes. I couldn't cope if it didn't go away sometime. I hope all goes well for you today.

Michelle- I hope it's not GM. Have you had a test to see if you are immune? Most women in Aust are because of the rubella vaccine in high school.

Mama- gloat away- that's great news for biggest bug. What a little smarty

Peanut- finger crossed for you. I hope you get some good news

Bigmum- congrats on 20w2d! fantastic news

Smith- For me its Dr Phil. If I'm home, I have to watch it

DF- good luck today

Key-have the weird dreams settled down?

Jen- I hope you get the news you want today

Mona- love that website, except it told me I was going to have a 24 hr labour! no thank you

Mum2K- congratulations!

AFM- sore back today. I went to yoga last night and I felt better, but now my SI joint pain is back. time to go to the physio again.

I bought my pram/capsule yesterday. Very excited! nice to have the decision made.

#53 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

Off to Ob soon, wish me luck. Why is it prelabour (prodomal labour, whatever it is) always happens at night?

Michelle - I've had german measles lots (I don't know why, I was immunised but something about carrying the virus...blah, blah...etc) - the symptoms in an adult are similar to a mild cold with a big fat rash all over, I have never felt particularly sick when I've had them - the rash is like a pin prick red rash all over and if you're lucky (I always was) inside and out - eyes are the worst but mouth is pretty crap too. As Kate (?) said - you're past the danger period, tell your caregiver and fingers crossed it's not anyway. My cousin was born with german measles which his mum had in pregnancy and he's fine (insert cousin joke here).

Peanut - good luck at the GP, I'm sorry you're getting crap care - is there any alternative?

Hernette, DF, will be looking for updates from you.

TNMN - There's a vent in the pregnancy section about overdue babies by Starletta if you'd like to offer her words of support (her friends being a d*ck).

Mamabug - Awh, Yay for having clever Bugs biggrin.gif I am very proud of DS who can do most of Old Macdonald now (except Old Macdonald only farms cows in his version!)

OK - feeling perfectly fine, no twinges any more and only mild diarrhea this morning - I am sure she will tell me "all in its own good time" and probably refuse to look at my cervix on some kind of stupid infection grounds laughing2.gif Will be back later (or, hopefully not!!)

#54 *MONA*

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

oops double post!

Edited by *MONA*, 26 July 2011 - 11:57 AM.

#55 *MONA*

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

GOOD LUCK JEN!!!

nothing to report here, just swollen ankles n fingers still, spring cleaned the lounge room last night at bout 11pm, i just kept thinking, what if i go into labour & my friend has to come round to watch DD and my floors arn't done and dust evrywhere!! Tounge1.gif

will be lurking for jen news!

#56 hernette

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:05 PM

We have a heartbeat! 110 BPM. Measuring 6 w3 d. I know we're not out of the woods yet but we've never seen a heartbeat before

#57 Mamabug

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (hernette @ 26/07/2011, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have a heartbeat! 110 BPM. Measuring 6 w3 d. I know we're not out of the woods yet but we've never seen a heartbeat before

wub.gif  closely followed by eexcite.gif eexcite.gif eexcite.gif  

That's wonderful news, Hernette. Remember each of us here tries to take it a day at a time, and that each day counts.

#58 Caramel Latte

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

Hi All,

Congrats on the HB Hernette!!! Great news to open up too.

Good luck at the OB Jen!!!!

Hi to all I a have missed: hope you are well.

AFM: Oreo is ok (was so relieved to see the HB), just mummy that isnt doing to good...BUT will get around it and have to remember not to push myself (I find that hard as I do push myself and always have). I am off to lie down (as per strict instructions) but hopefully will be back for better personals.

#59 Neko NoNo

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

DF- I'm adding my own unnecessary order for you to rest! get better at being lazy please. So glad to hear Oreo is doing fine

Hernette- Woohoo! Congratulations  ddance.gif  definitely one day at a time- celebrate today.

#60 Mamabug

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:48 PM

DF - great news on Oreo. Not so great news on Oreo's mama. Seriously woman, rest; we worry about you. sad.gif

Yes, I do understand how frustrating it can be. I have had to do virtually nothing since May, just so I can do the basics such as shower, dress, get the kids to school/daycare. I guess the difference is that I am intrinsically lazy!

Thinking of you sweetie, and hope you too keep taking it one positive day at a time.

#61 Bigmum

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

Hernette and df, fabulous news! May we be full of sticky ness in this the Pam group! I want us all to get to the babies after miscarriage or whatever after lol!

Yay!!
Good luck Jen! Hope you get a hoo har visit :-p

#62 CallHimSmith

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:50 PM

Hernette - eexcite.gif congratulations huni!!!! Such wonderful news, especially since it's the first time you've seen the heart beat. Tis pregnancy was the first time I've seen a heartbeat too and it is such a wonderful thing!!

Michelle - I don't know anything about GM but what the others have said makes good sense yyes.gif

DF - glad Oreo is ok. It must be so hard having to rest all the time but just think, at the end it will be so worth it!

AFM - argh, yet another bad sleep last night so slept in this morning. Now feel bad for wasting the morning and yet again missing water aerobics! I've got an attack of the guilts today because I've done NO exercise and have no motivation to do any sad.gif

#63 Mamabug

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (CallHimSmith @ 26/07/2011, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AFM - argh, yet another bad sleep last night so slept in this morning. Now feel bad for wasting the morning and yet again missing water aerobics! I've got an attack of the guilts today because I've done NO exercise and have no motivation to do any sad.gif

I'm sorry....the problem here is???? biggrin.gif

After the precious ones woke me at 4am, I grumped at them, fed and dressed them and deposited the three of them to no less than three different destinations. Saw a teacher, came home and was back in bed by 10.30!!

Woke up to Himself calling me at 12.30pm. I feel soooooooooooooooooooo much better. I am now having lunch (if two mini cheese and bacon rolls and al arge cup of ice counts as food), shall do the dishes, peel some spuds, defrost some meet and go and fetch the little ones in a much better frame of mind!!

#64 CallHimSmith

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

But at least you're being productive Mama! I just feel guilty for being a lazy butt sad.gif

#65 Neko NoNo

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

I went to yoga last night for the first time in 3 weeks. I drove to the station today because I was too tired to walk- sometimes we need a rest Smith

Mama, I need your help! SIJ pain. I'm using heat but the packs only stay warm for 20 mins or so and then I'm sore again. Any fixes you can recommend apart from physio?

#66 Mamabug

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (Kate-ko @ 26/07/2011, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mama, I need your help! SIJ pain. I'm using heat but the packs only stay warm for 20 mins or so and then I'm sore again. Any fixes you can recommend apart from physio?

Keep the heat up - even if you standing the shower for an hour! I find a long hot shower, followed by heat packs while laying down as flat as possible does help. Also, try rubbing some Deep Heat in before bed. It won't actually help structurally, but it gets the warmth into your back and can help you get to sleep.

A couple of Panadol may help - when I am at my worst I take it more for the hope it will help than the reality I think!!

hen sitting, try sitting on a hard, straight backed chair (dining chair?), rather than a soft couch. If you sit on the couch, put plenty of cushions behind.

Unfortunately the best rememdy is rest. I am actually feeling good in the back (apart from when I get in an out of bed/cars/chairs etc; stnd/sit too long) and the only reason for that is I have done very little for the past 10 weeks. sad.gif

#67 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

Hernette - That's such fabulous news  eexcite.gif eexcite.gif eexcite.gif

DF - As everyone else has told you - RELAX!! Great that Oreo is still fine (any hint of gender yet?)

Hi Everyone else!

Well - The Ob said he is fully engaged, ready to go and refused to check my hoo-ha biggrin.gif She said it could be an hour, it could be a week, but it will probably be another few days based on the info I have given her about prelabour.

So I came home and my waters broke biggrin.gif

All I had to do was pre-buy 2 tickets to the movies and it was all over!

So far so good, clear, trickling fluid and no hint of contractions so I've called DH to come home earlier than usual and get DS from day care, called my GF to come and stay tonight "just in case" and am now going to finish packing the labour bag and wonder if I should call my Ob's office and tell them, or the hospital or just wait and see. At the moment I've decided to wait until DH and DS are home and then see if anything is happening unless the liquid turns a bad colour obviously.

So, I'm pretty excited and will be hanging around here waiting for it all to start!!

PS - PLEASE keep this off facebook.

#68 Mamabug

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:49 PM

Oooooh...Jen. How exciting!

I would ring ob just as a head up. I am assuming there are no Group B Strep problems?

#69 key4

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:52 PM

Jen WOOOOOwhoooo call the obs office and let them know and the OB can then schedule your c/section for later today. It will probably happen quicker this time that last if you laboured at all.

Hernette - Awesome news

DF- Hope you can get some rest but that is a tough ask with other children.

#70 Neko NoNo

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:52 PM

Jen, I'm so excited for you! I hope you get some exciting sensations very soon and can get your VBAC. Good luck  ddance.gif

#71 *MONA*

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:53 PM

excuse my french when i say this but OM*G! YEAAAH jen!!!! i cant beleive what i just read! woohoo!! will definatly be stalking!!!

hernette & DF fantasTIC news on heart beats!! so very happy for u gals!!

well i have no idea what i was going to write now but wat ever LABOUR PARTY FOR JEN!! biggrin.gif

Edited by *MONA*, 26 July 2011 - 02:54 PM.

#72 hernette

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

Good luck Jen!

#73 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:06 PM

Thanks biggrin.gif

Key - My Ob wasn't interested in knowing about my waters unless they were coloured and I'll wait until DH gets home to call the hospital and let them know I may be in later. I guess I could call my obs office since he is on holidays so the substitute knows in advance he'll probably be called in tonight!

OK, to put my excitement aside for a moment I am now going to put my spare clothes in my labour bag and make the spare bed for my friend who will be in charge of poor DS tonight if necessary!

Thanks again and think quick labour thoughts (and painless if possible!)

#74 CallHimSmith

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

eexcite.gif YAY Jen!!! That's so fantastic!! Will be hands.gif for a speedy labour!!! Can't wait to hear the good news

#75 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:20 PM

Strike all that - they want to look at me! I'll be packing off to the hospital then...I bet you $10 I'll be home tonight and then an hour after that labour will start in earnest original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.