Pregnancy After Miscarriage ~ #43

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#51 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:05 AM

Still here - thanks DS for getting up at 6am hysterical and DH who is back in bed despite being told by me he isn't going to work today! Men!

Anyway, while the contractions are still incredibly painful they have spaced back out this morning (started counting before I call the hospital, so far 13 and 8) but I am still leaking something so I'm going to need to get that checked soon - they'll be pretty annoyed when I tell them it's been going all night I expect original.gif

I'm going to call DS's daycare when they open and work out what to do from there. Alas, no baby brother yet -but I doubt he's going to wait until Sunday either biggrin.gif

#52 Caramel Latte

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:09 AM

Jen42: Sounds promising!! Hope baby brother make his appearance today!!!

#53 Mamabug

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

oooohhhh....eagerly awaiting a baby brother update!!!!

(Although secretly terrified as I think baby brother's arrival puts me next in line......)

DF - I've always like Charlotte. Could make it Charlie for a boy???? We may have got a step closer to a girl name...

#54 Neko NoNo

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:06 AM

Jen- I hope those contractions ramp up for you! Sending you good vibes

DF-  wub.gif Charlotte!

#55 Mamabug

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

Okay, trying to keep busy while lurking for jen update!!!

So far I've:
- booked carport man to come and quote at new house on Monday
- booked carpet man to come and measure in new house on Monday
- filled in childcare forms for new centre
- filled in school enrolment forms for new school for two biggest Bugs
- downloaded Council DA form for abovementioned carport
- printed inventoy list for next removalist quote, which I shall now go and fill in.

C'mon jen - don't know if I can sustain this level of activity!!!!

#56 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:00 AM

Hooked up to ctg again, tested + for amniotic fluid, contractions have (naturally) ramped right down, waiting to see Ob and fxd he let's me go home to labour/sleep original.gif the buggers are already fasting me "just in case" - NOT happy with that implication!

Should be able to update after I see Ob as I want to go home original.gif

#57 jens1607

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

Jen- good luck for today.  FX for you that it will all be over and you will have baby brother in your arms tonight!!

DF - Charlotte is a beautiful name!!

Hi Mama, Kate, Bigmum, Ty and everyone else!!

Well the appointment went well yesterday (I think).  OB did an u/s but he said that it may be to early.  He did offer me the vaginal one but I said it was ok.  So got some bloods done and getting more done on Friday.  He said to call his office on Monday/Tuesday to see if the hormones are doubling which he isn't really worried about.  He also said that he has 3 other ladies pregnant after having the same syndrome as my baby did and he said that their babies are ok.  He isn't concerned about it as its not genetic and that is just one of these bad things that just unfortunatly happened to us.  And he is going to test for it at 16 weeks anyway.  

So I have a u/s next Wednesday so FX we see squirt (thats what were calling him/her at the moment because he/she is tiny).

Bit nervious telling my boss that I will need some time off as I have at least 1 dr appointment every week as I need more attention because of last time and I have high BP and I'm on medication for it.  

#58 Mamabug

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:07 AM

jen - lets hope things are clearer after ob visit.... or I may be forced to do my tax while waiting fo more news!!! Keep that phone charged!!!

jens1607 - glad to hear appt went well.

#59 Bigmum

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:09 AM

Aw Jen fantastic news on the positive amniotic fluid!!!!!! At least you know something really is going on!!! Obviously your hoohar check did enough to get the ball rolling (and prove your ob wrong!! :-) )

Good luck today! However baby comes out, as long as it is safe is all that matters! And more to the point, you can say you tried.

Xxoo

Edited by Bigmum, 10 August 2011 - 10:12 AM.

#60 Neko NoNo

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

Jen- I think baby brother is shy- home might be the best place for you. Why are they fasting you? Are they going to do a csection even though you want to try VBAC?

Jens- glad the OB appointment went well. I have never been able to see anything at that gestation through an abdominal US- go the internal if you don't see anything next week!

Mama- I need some of your drive. I've just used the last clean bowl in the house and I really, really need to do the washing up, but I can't bring myself to start.

Bigmum  waves.gif

#61 Mamabug

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (Kate-ko @ 10/08/2011, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mama- I need some of your drive. I've just used the last clean bowl in the house and I really, really need to do the washing up, but I can't bring myself to start.

You have options!
1. Throw out all used crockery and replace with a new set.
2. Use plastic plates/bowls until you gt motivated.
3. Fill the sink with hot soapy water and let everything soak until you feel motivated.

#62 Bigmum

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:29 AM

Haha Kate! I did my millions of dishes last week. I have so far got them pretty up to date every day this week except on or two soaking pans! Lol
Hope ur r well

Jens I agree, go the internal. My last pregnancy the baby had acrania (just before anenchephaly)
Even though it was ever unlikely to occur again I was still freaked out! You can't help it. But at 10 weeks, my ob was able to tell me that the baby had a fully formed scull. So was very very relieved and happy. Just another hurdle down! Lol :-)

Jen, just another thing I should of added... Good luck with your vbac! Fingersxd the doctor gives you more time! Hope your bp behaves tho!

#63 Mamabug

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:50 AM

Stock simmering for tonight's vege soup; I'm off to have a shower...

#64 Neko NoNo

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:53 AM

now you're just boasting Mama. Really, a shower!  mad.gif

Edited by Kate-ko, 10 August 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#65 Mamabug

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (Kate-ko @ 10/08/2011, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now you're just boasting Mama. Really, a shower!  mad.gif

I may even get dressed now that I am out!!! tongue.gif

#66 Bigmum

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

now you're just boasting Mama. Really, a shower! mad.gif

ohmy.gif  News flash...a mum of 3 (.7?) has a shower as well as achieveing things. Including stock simmering on the stove!! Nothing like this has EVER been seen before!
hahaha

Oh Jeeeeennnnnnn...where are you??? Any news my love?

#67 Mamabug

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

jen...jeeeeeeeee-eeeeennnnnn....

Stock finished, now pot filled with stock and vegies...soup is on its way!!! And I did get dressed. Just having lunch and off for my nanna nap!

#68 MarsBarSlice

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

Ty - A big congrats, sorry I'm a bit late with the post

Jen42 - Finally something happening, very happy for you and will be lurking for news. Please don't be upset if you end up with a CS. I know exactly how you feel. I ended up with a CS but know it was the right thing, I hope you can feel at peace if this is the outcome for you.

Thinking of all of you that are having scans and blood tests and are sending positive vibes to help you through

#69 Caramel Latte

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:35 PM

Howdy All,

Mumabug: Wish I could have half of your energy!! All I managed today was ..... drumroll.... a long nanna nap (insert rolling eyes emoticon as mine are not working).

Jen42: Hope baby brother is making his grand appearance and you can avoid the c/section!!!

Hi Kuta, Bigmum, Kate-Ko, Indah, Hernette, Jens1607 and all I have missed: Hope you are all doing well.

AFM: Think I feel worse for having the sleep. Off to pick up youngest and Big W (if I can muster the energy am meant to return and do some work but really not up to it.)

#70 Mamabug

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

DF - a spot of paperwork and a few phonecalls didn't really require that much energy!

But, more importantly, why are you going to Big W????? (And now I really am off for my nap!)

#71 Caramel Latte

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Mamabug @ 10/08/2011, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DF - a spot of paperwork and a few phonecalls didn't really require that much energy!

But, more importantly, why are you going to Big W????? (And now I really am off for my nap!)

I know but I have zilch!!

Re Big W: Their baby sale starts today and I want to put a few things on layby. WOuld normally do it on a Saturday but am heading to Sydney for two days (energy that low atm want to cancel that too - not like me as so love Sydney).

#72 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

Lurking for jen news!

#73 readyandraring

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

ohhh I am so going to get sprung checking updates soon!!!

#74 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:55 PM

Very happy to welcome Edward (Teddy) today 10th August by emergency c/s at 12.35pm, weighing 4.77kg!! He is doing beuatifully, I had ssome complications but am/will be fine.

Better details and birth story to follow when I
feeling more coherent!

Thank you all for your support, especially in the last few trying weeks.

Xxx

#75 Neko NoNo

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

Congratulations Jen!  ddance.gif  Can't wait to see some pics. Get some rest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.