Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:54 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=909171

#2 SoTired

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:52 AM

Gold!

#3 runnybabbit

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

Yay silver! Nathan is having a nap and I shall have one, too. Had a shocking night last night. Nathan was good but I have a horrible tickly throat cough!

#4 poorginger

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

BRONZE original.gif

Have just put Luke down in his cot for the first time, he really is getting too big for the bassinet so time to change over. I am going to have a nap too as the tickly cough and snotty nose has got me.

#5 au*lit

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

Gisses, I tried to reply to you last night but lost it - maybe the old thread had already been locked.

Just wanted to offer some sympathy, and say sometimes we really need to ask for what we need straight out. Would your DH give you regular time out if you asked him for it? Is there anyone else who can do some babysitting for you?

Anyway, hope you are feeling better about things today.  bbighug.gif

#6 raindotdot

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

Brownbear - Toby is gorgeous! Such a big grin!! We're planning a road trip driving from Sydney to Melbourne in a month's time - any tips?

geckogirl - Don't feel guilty about tummytime. You can easily add in tummytime everytime Liam wakes up before he feeds. Its especially good to get into this habit as you don't want to feed immediately after awakening (or they'll expect to be fed every time they wake). I also incorporate tummytime if I need to dash out to get something or a quick bathroom break. I also think it really depends on the baby because DS could lift and turn his neck at 2 weeks (and he was 2 weeks early!)

gisses - great pic of Leah! Looks like she was mid sentence and you surprised her LOL. re: me time - very important!! Have you read up on Tracey Hoggs EASY method? The Y stands for YOU =)  Agree with au*lit that you need to get DH to give you timeout. Even just a walk around the block can help!

purple_daisy - hope things have improved! Like poorginger, I'm not looking forward to the 12 week growth spurt!! By wonder weeks calender, this is in around a weeks time for us - eep!!

runnybabbit - Nathan is SO cute! Love the soccer ball on his head. Funny because I did the same thing a few weeks ago and popped a chicken ball on DS's head. Is he eurasian? Pic haha

chantelM - Is Axel better now?

Speshelle - Olivia is so sweet! I just want to hug her heehee

AFM - DS has again changed his sleeping habits. Last night, he wouldn't go down for his 7pm bedtime properly until after I gave him another feed at 9pm afterwhich he slept until 3am! Then he slept in bed with me from 4am to 8am with only one resettle at 5am. We didn't do anything out of the ordinary yesterday, so not too sure how I can replicate that lol

Edited by raindotdot, 26 August 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#7 ChantelM

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

raindodot - Axel is starting to get better. Still coughing but is getting much happier again the last two days...

Time out - I am also one that doesn't really get time out. I try to take 10 mins a night in a hot bath but that is about it. My MIL has babysat once. I am actually having a girls night this Saturday and I can't wait! So excited, just going to be hanging at a friends house, drinking and listening to some music. Some much needed me time  biggrin.gif

#8 runnybabbit

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:33 PM

Hi everyone.

Had a job interview that went pretty well today. I wasn't actively looking for work, but I think three hours a fortnight (on Saturdays) is pretty practical, and will be extra pocket money for a meal out or something. And maybe as time passes I'll increase my hours; there appears to be the scope for that, so that's good. I should start at the end of this month. DH can have Nathan while I'm at work and I'll only have to express one feed and then express after work.

It'll be nice to feel like a professional again and think about work stuff for a change!

raindotdot Yes Nathan's Eurasian, but I think he looks mostly like me (Chinese)! He certainly looks very much like I did as a baby.

Nathan has been a shocker in the car lately. Every drive has ended in his super sad face and him gasping for breath from crying so hard. sad.gif It just breaks my heart.

#9 geckogirl

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

runnybabbit: Congrats on the job! Sad about Nathan and the car. We usually rely on a car ride to calm Liam down before we get home. Makes it easier to settle him into a nap.

raindotdot: Felix is so cute!

AFM: I can't make Liam out at the moment. Had a fantastic day where he slept most of the time then yesterday it was the day from hell where he hardly slept at all. I only got about 3 hours sleep last night. Had mother's group this morning so finished feeding him there about 11:30am and he's been asleep pretty much ever since. It's now 4pm and he hasn't woken up yet! I hope that doesn't mean he's going to be awake all night. I'm going to have to set up a routine. I just didn't want to wake him this arvo because its been so hard to get him to sleep for the past day or so.

Highchair: Jackpot on allclassifieds.com. Scored an Ikea Antilop high chair secondhand! We rarely go to Sydney and I'm not travelling all that way for a high chair so its great to pick one up locally and a bit cheaper! Won't be able to use it until he's much older but at least its ready to go.

Engagement Party: I have an engagement party to go to in about a week and I've been begging the groom to tell me what they would like as a present. Basically to take pity on me as it is so difficult now to go out shopping with a baby when you don't know what you are looking for. All my shopping trips are now well thought out campaigns!

Unfortunately DH won't be able to go with me so I'll be there by myself with Liam and it doesn't start until 7pm! I won't be able to stay long as Liam will just get strung out being out so late. I'm a little bit worried about attending my first social visit without help. Its easy at mother's group as everyone is being possetted on and breastfeeding and changing nappies etc. Very different when you're the only one with a baby. Ah well. Another milestone, I suppose.

Hope everyone has a great evening with lots of quietly sleeping babies!

#10 Small Potatoes

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:51 PM

Quick post.

I am desperate for some me time. Lachie is cat mapping and Olly wants to be carried all tithe time, the house is a mess and I have quite a few card orders.  I have also had nipple thrush, the flu and mastitis so have been really run down. Dh is also away from last Saturday until next Monday.

Have Lachie's shots tomorrow

#11 purple_daisy

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:57 PM

Mands sorry to hear that. Can you ask your folks/in-laws/friend from mother's group to come over for a few hours?

Geckogirl we must be from the same place. I get a lot on allclassifieds too, got so many ripper bargains before DD was born. I keep an eye on it for mcns too.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

#12 Small Potatoes

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

purple_daisy ILs took DS1 for two nights which was good and the boys went to kindy.  the anti=biotics kicked in and are working wonders.  thanks for your support original.gif

Gecko_girl Good luck at your engagement party.  

Runnybabbit heard any more on the job interview?

Gotta run.  Lachie has dropped his arvo nap (of only 30 mins) but from 5:30 on he is feral.

Chat soon

#13 au*lit

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

Mands you're not having a good run, are you? Glad to hear the antibiotics have kicked in. Hope you can get a bit more help and some rest. Make sure you're looking after your immune system. Vitamins C & D and some zinc might help. Does your DH work FIFO?

Geckogirl can you order a present for the engagement party online instead of going out to the shops? Peter's of Kensington have great homewares at excellent prices. I can understand your apprehension about the party. Henry has been going to bed around 7 pm. The other day my brother came over so we kept him up to see his uncle. By 8/8.30 he was tired and crying. I can imagine he'd be no fun at a party and I wouldn't like our chances of settling him to sleep in someone's bedroom (plus I'd be too worried I wouldn't hear him if he was crying).

I finally got around to reading the photo uploading instructions. So here is Henry!

#14 runnybabbit

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

OMG au lit Henry is beautiful! I love babies in stripes; Nathan has lots of stripey clothes, too. Henry is just GORGEOUS, I love that little smile.

mands I hope the mastitis clears up soon, and hope that thrush stays away -- I'm trying to stay away from antibiotics as much as I can now. Big hugs and hope things settle down for you soon.

The job interview went well, so I'm going to start in a fortnight and work every second Saturday morning. Each shift will only be three hours, so adding travel time, I'll only need to express one feed for DH to give Nathan.

At our mum's group meeting today we propped the babies up in a row on the sofa and took a photo -- Nathan with his five girls. original.gif So cute.

#15 Small Potatoes

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:02 AM

RunnyBabbit Great on the job.  I am soooo sick of being on anti-biotics and all the infections I have had in the past 6 months except the jaw infection have been staph infections sad.gif.  And as soon as I go on the ABs the bloddy thrush kicks in.  I am pumping myself full of probiotics at the moment.  I am even breaking open capsules and rubbing them on my nipples so DS can get some and so it stops the thrush.

au*lit DH is a long haul Qantas pilot he is on the B747-400s.  I am taking zinc tablets and multi-vitamins and .  Henry is adorable.  I think we have had a gorgeous bunch of babies original.gif

Got to run, Lachie seems to know when I am on EB  biggrin.gif

#16 RedsGirl

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

Oh Mands - you poor thing. I was feeling sorry for myself with DHs shift next week, but at least I am  healthy and I will still glimpse him for an hour or so each day!  I hope teh drugs kick in proper this time and you can get on top of it all.

runnybabbit - congrats on the job - seems to work nicely for you!  Plus being back in the workplace may also help a bit with the PND. Nathan is just adorable - in fact all our bubs so far are!! Must be autumn babies!

au_lit - another gorgeous little man!!  I feel I should be baggsing one for Tabitha to marry!!!  She has a black/white stripery suit too - I am sure everyone thinks shes a boy when she wears it but I don't care - i call it her jailbreak outfit.

geckogirl - Tabitha also threw in some monster sleeps last week for 2-3 days (like 3-4 hours) but was then back to her 1 hourly naps.  I figured she is doing some growing, and I am trying really hard just to go with the flow for now as they are still so little and doing so  much developing and growing and figuring out of the world.

as for the party - we have a carry cot that attaches to the pram that we sleep her in while we are out for dinner etc. I give DD her last feed and then pop her down; when we get home I top her up and pop her down in her cot - would Liam sleep while you were out?  Or is it too much drama getting him to go down?  He may last a bitlonger at a party - much more to look at.  Anyway, i am sure the couple will understand - its tricky with such a new baby and being by yourself.

AFM - off to Spotlight with my mum and sans children today to get christening supplies. Sad that I am so excited about it...

#17 au*lit

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

Awww shucks... thanks girls. I think he's pretty gorgeous but it's lovely to hear other people say so too! The top in the photo is a 000 and only just still fits him. I put it on at every opportunity and I'll be sad when I can't get it on anymore.

Mands a pilot - how glamorous  wink.gif Really, I'd struggle to cope (I count down the hours until DH gets home some afternoons) so I reckon you deserve a medal. Hopefully the free/cheap flights to holiday locations make up for it, at least some of the time.

Congrats on the job runnybabbit! Sounds perfect - I reckon 3 hours a fortnight is all I could manage at the moment. My mums' group has far more girls than boys too. I'm really going to miss the group when we go back to Perth - I've been meaning to ask you how the groups work over in WA. It's probably too late for me to join a mums' group but too early for playgroup.  sad.gif Maybe we can start up our own Perth group. I'm going to be in the Western suburbs, at least to start with, anyway.

Redsgirl I think that people think Henry is a girl in some of the outfits I dress him in. Especially as I bought a lot of gender neutral stuff before he was born. Doesn't help when people refer to him as 'she'. But then, when my niece is dressed in navy blue she gets called 'he', even when the navy blue has flowers on it! I guess it doesn't really matter that much, and once he's old enough to care he'll be able to tell people he's a boy!

ETA Redsgirl are you having a christening for Tabitha? Did I miss that in earlier posts? Hope it goes well and she doesn't cry! Should be lovely for you  original.gif

Edited by au*lit, 13 August 2011 - 09:25 PM.

#18 Small Potatoes

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:41 AM

au*lit I used to be a flight attendant too  rolleyes.gif .  When he is home he is home for min 5 days solid, so that is great too.

RedsGirl I do that with Lachie's sleeping when out too, but we have a capsule that attaches to the pram

#19 ChantelM

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

Mansa - Hope you are feeling better soon. It is so hard to get over an illness when you don't have any time to care for yourself.

au*lit- Henry is absolutely beautiful  biggrin.gif

AFM - Axel had a couple of days where he was having a nice long middle of the day nap! It doesn't happen so much now. He tends to only sleep for about 30-40 mins at a time during the day but as soon as I get him up he is cranky and wants to go back to bed within half an hour. I think he is confused as to what he wants to do  unsure.gif

I am going back to work on 6 Sep. I am so nervous about leaving Axel. I wish I could stay home with him forever  sad.gif

#20 prophetsong

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:16 PM

Hello all!!

It has been ages since I posted! My computer has died and my phone has issues posting in this forum! It has been very frustrating! I miss chatting to everyone!

Oliver is 13 weeks tomorrow. Time has flown! He is bringing so much joy! He is feeding like crazy! Last weigh in he was 6.5kg(at11 weeks).

I hope everyone is going well. I'm still computer less so I can't post too often but I'm here reading everything

Xx
Abbi and Oli

Edited by Abstarini, 14 August 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#21 Glomer

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

Mands - for the thrush - use live yoghurt - works much better than probiotics which won't actually work if you put them on your skin. Most supermarkets do a natural live yoghurt - it works wonders and is so much cheaper than canesten!

#22 Small Potatoes

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:25 PM

Fay thanks forthe tip. I have some natural yoghurt in the fridge

#23 geckogirl

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:20 AM

RedsGirl & au*lit: Thanks for the advice on the engagement party. I really wish we had cot attachments for our stroller. We don't really have anything to settle him into when we go out. I tried out some slings on Saturday but Liam just screamed - he hates them. So I'll probably just have to find a lounge chair and settle in for the visit. I don't expect to be there for very long! As for presents, if I had more time, I think Peter's of Kensington would be a great idea. I'm doing more and more shopping online these days! Unfortunately, there won't be enough time for delivery. However, I have managed to pin the couple down to a specific present so I can focus my shopping.

au*lit: I agree with everyone - Henry is gorgeous! My DH and I each have our favourite outfits for Liam. So I've bought the same outfit in a couple of different sizes so we get to enjoy them a bit longer as he grows!

runnybabbit: Congratulations on your new job! Its nice to get out of the baby environment for a few hours and remember there's a whole other world out there!

First Father's Day: I'm getting a mug for DH with Liam's photo on it and with DH's favourite catch phrase he uses with Liam (you can put whatever text on you want). But the best thing is that it has almost the same background pattern of DH's favourite Liam outfit! I've ordered two and will put one away as a keepsake of DH's first Father's Day so even if the first gets broken it won't matter. Gotta love online shopping!

Gotta run. Liam's started crying!

#24 J.E.T.E

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

Hi everyone.
My names Emma,  I'm new to EB and I'm also a first time mother so I joined a chat group   to get to know some mothers whose children were around the same age as   mine (although larger and more developed in comparison). My twins Theodore and Ebony were born on the 12/05/2011, 5 weeks early.
I've seen a few pictures of your children and they are absolutely adorable. original.gif
I hope to get to know some of you in future and that I will be welcome to join in the conversation. original.gif

Emma, Theo and Ebby.x

#25 Small Potatoes

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

Welcome Emma.

My little one was 4 weeks early and I think there is another who was 5 weeks early too original.gif.  How are your beautiful twins going?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.