August 2010 Parent Group #24

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

#51 essy1

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:22 PM

Oh my; that's just strange to think of going to the snow - we've had a slight cool snap here (Sydney) but I am well and truly in early summer mode!!!

Happy to boost the cnoversation here; am currently procrastinating doing work plans and resourcing for the rest of the year so talking to you girls is far more enjoyable, even though I'm just delaying the inevitable. Sigh!

Hey - have any of you taken your littlest ones to the dentist yet? Elowen has six teeth; she happily uses her toothbrush morning and night (read: sucks the water off and occasionally lets me give her teeth and gums a rub) - I had read something about taking them to the dentist at around 12 months and wanted to see wht you all were doing.

Also - with regard to 'real' shoes. When should I get Elowen fitted for some real ones, not just the soft soled baby ones? She is walking everywhere now unless she's in the stroller, which means she's not walking TO places outside but walks inside and if we're out at a picnic or whatever. I think hard soles are going to impede her walking at the moment so don't think it's an immediate imperative but am keen for some guidance!

Thanks lovelies!

#52 Aminila

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

i had to laugh at the snow, we went to the beach yesterday it was that nice here in Perth original.gif

I spent the day doing washing today as it is meant to rain for the rest of the week but it was meant to get to 25 deg today so hopefully 4 loads will dry before i have to bring them in

The kids father and i have decided to give our relationship another try so fingers are crossed that it works for us this time

#53 essy1

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

Oh, Aminila, good luck. Are you going to try relationship counselling as well? It would be good to get a third party to help you identify and deal with the issues that exist in your relationships so you can work through them together. How do you feel about it? About him?

Sorry; I don't mean to be nosy; just to help support you through what will be a difficult process but one which will hopefully see you in stronger and happier place. X

#54 lexington

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

SNOW!! I haven't been in ages.. think at least 10 years. Not saying that I am missing out though.

That's great Aminila, hope it works out for you.

Essy I haven't taken D to the dentist yet - my bad. D likes brushing his teeth but I think he only started after he knows to stand properly by himself.

#55 whydoibother

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:31 PM

ph34r.gif

ETA hope it works out Aminila xx

Edited by Rough-Diamond, 13 September 2011 - 02:32 PM.

#56 heidles82

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

waves.gif

On my phone so just a quick post today.

hhugs.gif Aminila I hope it works out xxx

I haven't been to the dentist since before I was pregnant!!! I keep thinking about going but never get around to it - so so slack!

Jackson is now walking ddance.gif

#57 lexington

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

We have teething hell people! Teething hell.
Poor little L... sweet heart. He had snuggled into us well cough Mr Lexi yesterday and he is very happy.

I'm having an issue at work - it's a positive way but now every dept wants me on their team and I'm stressed at saying no the team that has been really kind and appreciative and had given me a chance.

Flashback to March when a company cough Downer EDI cough pulled back their offer to me as I asked for a measly $5K more per annum, I thought it was the end of the world. Now in hindsight I have severely dodged a bullet!!!!

Other news is our decking is half put in. This was supposed to be paid for by the money we got from the sale of my Peugeot. It was a big money drainer and I will never lease another car again in the foreseeable future. And then I checked bank balance on Monday and saw that FTB payments had come in as we do it once a year so that we do not owe them money. I thought that it was a mistake as it was quite a big amount. I nearly cried as this year had not been easy money wise. We were digging into the mortgage, had bought the business which is doing well but still... I couldn't even pay for flights to singapore, i asked my mum!

#58 heidles82

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

Hello??? It's so quiet in here...

Great news Lexi about FTB! I am still waiting for a response to my application. I have called CL/FAO but they couldn't tell me much sad.gif

I am at an environmental auditor training course this week and am struggling with the full time load - there is even an assignment due at the end of the week!!! Bring on Friday when it will finish at lunchtime ddance.gif

#59 lexington

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

I generally try to avoid calling CL/Family assistance as much as I can. It makes my blood pressure go up and I start to explode and i have to wear a headset at work as it takes too long otherwise. And everyone can hear me yelling at them. End rant.

I have found someone cynical and disillusioned who works in family assistance to help me in the city. Phew.

#60 Skip to my Lou

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

Hello!

All going well here, Paige got her 5th tooth and we can see #6 not too far behind.

DH had the snip last Friday, so is home from work this week. He hasn't been in too much pain, but  just got kneed in the goolies accidentally by Freya (she went to give him a cuddle) so he's a bit sore now...

Just baked and cut out the shape for Frey's birthday cake (it's wednesday) she wants a butterfly. We are taking her to Chadstone to 'build a bear'. I have already bookmarked at least an hour to myself, I need some new bras (again!!) and my purse has fallen apart too..

Hope everyone is well xx

#61 heidles82

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:44 AM

Happy birthday Freya! SOund like you are going to have a wonderful day!

Jackson has started biting sad.gif He bit me the other night on my thigh and it made me yelp and cry, so then he was in tears with my reaction. He hasn't bitne as hard since, but is still biting. He hasn't biten any other child as yet (only mum, dad and grandma), so I want to try and stop it before he does. Does anyone have any tips on how to stop him biting?

#62 ShopgirlX

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

Hi gals... just dropping by to say hi!  Don't get much 'puter time these days when these munchkins drop down to one sleep a day!  I still need every minute of every other day to do stuff since I started working again (only 2 days but still...) so there just doesn't seem to be as much time as there used to be!

E has finally just cut tooth #6 and #7 (a top molar to match her random bottom one) is on the way!  I hope teething is the reason we've had two shocking nights, though I'm starting to suspect certain foods are waking her up (gas?) for hours on end in the middle of the night.  Worst was twice, 3-hour stints awake and wanting to be up and playing ph34r.gif.  I sure as heck hope it's not happening for anyone else!

I hope Frey enjoyed her day STML!

hugs everyone else!

#63 heidles82

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

waves.gif

Just popping in to see what's happening. And apparently not much as it is soooo quiet in here  ssorry.gif

For those you aren't on FB, Tam (Amarate) had her 4th bub yesterday - a little girl Maleah Kate!!!

AFUs - Jackson has been sick the past few days - he vomited in the car on Friday afternoon sad.gif I gave him a small bottle of formula (hard to BF while driving laughing2.gif) and I though it was just the combination of formula, car travel and sunshine, but he vomited several times Friday evening and went to sleep without any dinner or boobies. He woke up at 11pm and I BF him, but he promptly vomited that up, before going back to sleep. He woke again at 4am, I gave him another BF and he managed to keep that down, fell back asleep and then woke at his usual time of 7am, still not himself but a lot better than he was during the night. He had a BF and ate his breakfast, and was much perkier so we went to his swimming lesson and all went well. He had a two hour sleep after swimming, then we went to a friends house and ended up staying for dinner. He didn't eat much, but happily BF and slept all night. This morning he was still not himself, but quite happy to BF, have breakfast and play. We went to a friend's daughters birthday party, where he ate all his lunch and the party food. When we got home, I put him down for a nap, giving him a bottle of cows milk (he has this during the day), and he fell asleep. However, when he woke up, he was crying and when I walked in his room, he vomited over the side of his cot, I scooped him up and he kept vomiting. All the way to the bathroom where I put him in the bath to clean up. We had a shower together and he was very cuddly and even tried to lay down on the shower floor. After the shower we cuddled on the lounge and then my mum came over with some dinner (DH and my dad had gone to the NRL grand final). Just as my mum was coming through the door, he vomited again (but not much as all he had had all afternoon was half and arrowroot biscuit and some water) sad.gif He seemed much better as the night went on, still quiet and cuddly but managed to eat some pureed apple for dinner, and then BF to sleep. He is still sleeping soundly.

Sorry for the essay. I hope Jackson gets better soon. I am hoping it is just a tummy bug and he will be back to his usual perky, happy self tomorrow.

#64 lexington

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

I'm here i'm here..

Tam had a baby girl called Maleah on the 1st of Oct - same as my mum. original.gif

OMG the vom vom is very distressing for them and for us isn't it!
HATE! I hope that he has stopped heides. How is he going?

Edited by lexington, 04 October 2011 - 10:37 AM.

#65 whydoibother

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:13 AM

heidles hope Jackson is better soon xxx

AFUS not much happening school holidays here in WA.  Samuel is getting molars I think he has about 10 or more teeth now all cross cutting=cranky boy.  He is very inquisitive and cheeky into everything!  

Hope everyone else is well xxx

#66 Skip to my Lou

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

Oh Geidles that souns horrible. Strange that he started vomiting again after having cows milk. Hope he isn't developing an allergy to it or something. Hope the vomiting has stopped now.

AFUS- Paige has had temps, snot and coughs since Sunday evening. She has also been quite clingy and lethargic and not sleeping well. Took her to the doctor this morning and she has a double ear infection. Poor blossom, so considering the pain she must be in she is actually handling it like a champ.

ETA - RD can't believe Sammy has 10 teeth already!! Paige is in the process of getting her 6th one through..

Edited by Skip to my Lou, 04 October 2011 - 01:22 PM.

#67 heidles82

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

Lexi - At first I read that your mum had a baby on the same day as Tam. But then I realised that it was her birthday laughing2.gif

RD - Poor Sammy cross cutting molars! Jackson cut his top 4 teeth in one week and he was very miserable.

STML - So sorry to hear Paige is not well either. Terrible when they are sick sad.gif

Jackson is still not well. I thought he was on the mend yesterday, with no vomiting and eating his dinner, but he was up for a few hours early this morning. He was okay again today, but vomiting has all but stopped had one small chuck tonight as I giving him is bedtime BF sick.gif DH is working away this week so I am on my own  cry1.gif  I will keep an eye on him tonight and call the GP tomorrow if he isn't better.

#68 essy1

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

OHeidles, how is Jackson today?

Elowen had a nice big spew on the drive out to Dubbo for the long weekend - we were driving through the Blue Mountains and couldn't stop for about 5 minutes so the poor little bunny was sitting in her car seat with it just everywhere, and pooling in the top of her cardigan... gross. At least we had a bag of clean clothes with us! She had had a piece of cheese (but not baby cheese, Mark had bought cheddar cheese sticks) so whether it was that, or the fact that she'd also had a pikelet made with wholemeal flour? And maybe her system can't handle the complex carbohydrates yet? Anyway she has been okay since then thank goodness but it was awful, so I can only imagine how you are feeling after a few days of it   sad.gif

Otherwise... all going well. Elowen keeps pulling her clips out of her hair so I think we will have to take her to get a fringe cut soon!!

#69 Skip to my Lou

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

hugs Heidles, hope he is doing better.

Essy - Maybe Elowen was a little carsick going through the mountains?

#70 lexington

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:38 PM

Essy - wahahhahahahahahhaha hilarious! No way!! My mum's reproductive days are OVAH.

How's Jackson now H?

#71 ShopgirlX

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:39 AM

Ugh.... vomiting children is something I still don't know how I'm going to deal with.... during BF'ing I was fine with it but it was only breastmilk... when it starts to be food and bile and  sick.gif sick.gif sick.gif   oohh I just can't stand the thought!  I have a very strong stomach EXCEPT when it comes to vom voms  sad.gif  (And tongue, as in animal tongue that you see at a butcher's shop, but let's not go there  rolleyes.gif )

If cross-cutting means getting teeth on both sides then poor E is doing that with her top right and bottom left molars at the moment too sad.gif  She also cut top left and bottom right incisors, so 3 top, 3 bottom and 3 molars - 4 cut in the last 10 days.  And I hope like HECK that it's the reason for the sleepless nights because that means there could be an end in sight... at the moment I'm a walking zombie  cry1.gif

Heidles I hope Jacksie is feeling much better now.

Not much else from us... just. need. sleep!!!!!!!!

Where's M4S?? I know it's been school holidays for you but yooohooo!! waves.gif

#72 lexington

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

Teething galore! I cannot wait till all these teething issues are over.

Yah where is M4SS?? HARRROWWWWWWWWW??

Animal tongue? Don't go to Singapore markets. I have a phobia of fish escaping and coming up to my feet. ICK. I will not elaborate.

#73 heidles82

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

Thanks ladies for you concern with Jackson. He is almost 100% - no vomiting since Tuesday night ddance.gif He has been coughing quite a bit (mainly at night) so I have been trying to get him in at the doctors but their phone has been engaged every time I ring  huh.gif

#74 ShopgirlX

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

Seriously girls, are your babies sleeping? No wait, don't tell me, I don't really want to know cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif

I think we are having every sleep problem known to man right now... not settling for day or night, waking after a short sleep at night, waking after a long sleep at night, and on and on and on.  DH and I want to tear each others heads off, the stress and lack of sleep is unbearable.  It surely can't be any good for E either.  And what drives me insane is that there are NO answers, anywhere!!! No one can help!  And after 2.5 months it's getting worse, not better.  oomg.gif

#75 Skip to my Lou

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:13 AM

Oh SG that sounds horrible. Have you tried contacting a sleep school for some help? Probably would be worthwhile to give it a go. Your  MCHN should be able to direct you. Make sure you don't under talk how bad the problem is, tell her every bit, giver her some tears (prob not hard f you are feeling over it and worn out) and they will bump you up the list. Worth a shot anyway xxxxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.