75 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:57 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=864979

#2 BlueEyedBeauties

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:43 AM

Yeah... Im first laughing2.gif

Cant remember the last time we had a new thread.. things must be picking up Tounge1.gif

#3 heidistar

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

WooHoo  grin.gif

#4 mychubbybubbies

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

Wow new thread!

#5 ~Heather~

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

Ally - just popping in to tell you we have found success with the 3 car seat across the back of our Astra dilemma. We went to the baby shop across the weekend and we can fit these combinations:

SnS Compaq/2 x SnS Hi Liners

SnS Compaq/2 x HiPod Senators

and SnS Compaq/SnS Hi Liner/HiPod Senator.

We havent decided which one we will go with.. and we didnt test the Infa Vario seats as this baby shop didnt stock them, so no idea on size.

#6 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

Heather - thanks so much for that! I thought it had to be possible. Next time I'm in Canberra I might swing past the baby shop and give it a try. So much better not to have to sell my Mazda. How are things with you? You're such a positive person, I'm sure everything will work out fine for you. But it must be a bit worrying after having 2 textbook pregnancies.

Not much happening here with us. I have told work and most friends our baby news. For the most part the response is positive. I had my big 30th party on Friday night - it was really fun.

J & H had the time of their lives, especially H who was still going strong at 11.30. Thankfully they have both had great sleep ins the past 2 mornings to catch up!

#7 ♥MazzAlexnRobyn

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

Hi all
New thread original.gif

we are all well and off to see Dora tomorrow with Camp Quality original.gif bit of a drive out to Tooowoomba but though better that finding a park in Brisbane

hope all are well

car seats Robyn is still only just 15 kg so staying in the carseat til she either is to tall or weighs more Alex went into the Infa Vario max at 4.5 as she was 18kg and we had to move and she has the seatbelt it in attached to the baby bolt so will be looking at the infa booster for Robyn when the time comes plus they are slim so room for an extra passenger in my back seat when needed original.gif  these are good as the arm rests stop the lap sash from riding up and have Dr approval for this one for Alex with one kidney, not looking forward to her hitting 26kg though she is 25 now and 7 years old now so can sit on the seat alone but i like the security of the booster, and think she can stay a little longer she is taller than so many i see just sitting on seats in cars.

Ally Congratulations original.gif hheart.gif eexcite.gif

Edited by ♥MazzAlexnRobyn, 20 August 2011 - 01:35 PM.

#8 MelRaLi

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:20 PM

adding in a post to get the notifications.. heather how is the baby going now??

Will be back in later.. Uni is full throttle again!

adding in a post to get the notifications.. heather how is the baby going now??

Will be back in later.. Uni is full throttle again!

#9 *maddierose*

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:08 PM

Hi,
    Mazz: Glad to read on facebook that all was stable with Alex today.

Ally: How are you feeling?

Heather: How is everything going now? Had any more tests?

Mel: How are you going with uni?

Nothing much happening here, working lots but have holidays soon, yay!

Ryan started little athletics and is absolutely loving it.

Edited by belnryan, 07 September 2011 - 09:19 PM.

#10 ~Heather~

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Bel - i never thought to get Thomas into little athletics, what a great idea! Thomas is far too lazy though lol. Do you have plans for your holidays or just kicking back at home?

Mel - I am so glad i dropped my uni workload back to part-time, my tiredness levels have hit a new low. I bet your flat out with the units your doing!

As for us, things are going fine. We had our 20wk scan this morning and bubs measurements are spot on for 20wks which is very reassuring. From here i see my Ob next week and not sure what the plan is. I think given such good results, we are looking at a 28wk growth scan next to make sure bub continues to grow well.
We also found out the sex, and after 2 boys, it seems we are getting a pink bundle - very shocked as it never really crossed our minds we could have a girl, so i need to do a bit of mind adjustment LOL. But we are all very happy!

#11 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:01 PM

Hi everyone,

All going well here so far. Had my 12 week scan last week and all looked good. It was a relief because except for a slight baby bump I could easily forget I am actually pregnant.

I have been working a lot. Went from 21 hours to 30 a week and then this week have worked back late 2 nights out of 3 and then went in today for another meeting. Fortunately Ben and my family have been picking up the slack for me. I am struggling a bit keeping up with everything - might be time to employ a cleaner I think.

My older sister had the boys for me today and she did some washing for me and baked us some muffins. I am so thankful for amazing family.

Mel - Sounds like uni is going really well for you. Do you spend a lot of time studying at night or are the kids quite good at giving you time during the day and around naps etc?

Heather - That's great news that your scan, I bet it was a relief. Congrats on a little girl. I bet, like us, you have had a lot of people commenting 'oh I bet you hope you are having a girl etc etc'. Has your pregnancy been completely different to the boys? I am certain we are having a little boy as my pregnancy is identical to the boys, guess we will find out soon enough.

Bel - Yay to holidays! I hope you have something relaxing and fun planned. Is Jai all better? Being a working mum with sick kids is the pits. I always end up feeling like I'm doing a crap job of everything and I hate hate hate being crap at something lol.

Hmm better go and find something for dinner. I am so uninspired lately and cooking dinner has become the biggest chore!

#12 *maddierose*

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

Nope no plans for my holidays, just spending much needed time with the kids and either packing to move or house hunting.. We are moving.

So what do you think of this? We wanted to stick to a budget of $450,000 but i just love this and we can easily afford it but it does mean i will need to atleast hold a part time job for the next 10 years, can you find anything wrong with it to talk me out of it? Lol.

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale...amp;shortlist=1

Ally: I know being a working Mum sux at times but i must say i do enjoy it when all is going smoothly.
A cleaner is a great idea, I so need one. Yay to a good 12 week scan.

Heather: OMG Heather a pink one, wow congratulations. I remember thinking i'd never have boys (my family produce girls). Glad everything is going so well so far.

#13 ~Heather~

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

Ally - fantastic news your 12 week scan went well! Sounds like your meant to have babies if you dont even feel pregnancy, i am envious LOL.
Sounds like you have amazing family! You should definitely get a cleaner, if i was working more than 15hrs a week, i would possibly consider it too and have already told DH that when i go back to work full-time we will be having a cleaner, its non negotiable LOL.
I have found this pregnancy extremely similar to what i had with Thomas, so no difference at all really. The only difference is i am MUCH more tired this time around, but that could just be from already having 2 kids, working and studying rather then the pregnancy itself. We have had everyone say we were having a girl, and we were adamant we were having another boy, so its a shock and now we are getting people saying 'i knew it!' .. LOL.  

Bel - that house is just horrible, imagine the maintenance on having a pool! No, in all seriousness, that house is gorgeous, the only thing i could find wrong with it, is the lack of backyard, but the pictures might not be showing all of it. I love all the windows and how open and bright it is - i am a huge fan of natural lighting in a home. Hmmm, working part-time for 10 more years is definitely do-able.. i am not very good at changing your mind LOL.

#14 MelRaLi

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

Bel - the few things i could see there is the pool & the maintence of it. You'll be up for increases in your elec bill with that. the lack of back yard and no real space from what i could see for the boys to ride their bikes etc.

Those style of exposed beam ceilings are AWFUL to try and keep clean and keep the cobwebs out of. Do you remember them at my house at all? I love the look initially when we got them. hated it by the end. if you want to paint its a PITA. Also, depending on the style of that room exposed beams like that make the room very inefficent to both heat & cool.

Was the spa bath in the main bathroom or the ensuite? if in the main bathroom its not easy to bath your kids when they are young in a spa bath1

Heather - wow a little pink one. You'll need to go MCN shopping again hehe.. so many things you can get for girls compared to boys!! I bet your glad you dropped to pat time again. But hey, last SP you finished the first year of Uni and with an awesome acedamic record.

Ally - awesome news about your 12 week scan. Bet it was a huge relief. I spend most of my time studying at night. Get a little bit done during the day but not much.

Bel - am doing 3 subjects again this study period. One of them being prac. I met teh teacher i'm doing prac with on Tuesday and she seems nice enough. just a little nerve racking at the thought of being in the classroom.

#15 *maddierose*

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:05 PM

Good points Mel. We are not bothered by pool maintenance, or increased bills.

The yard did put me off to begin with, it is bigger than it looks but still not as big as we'd like. However it is around the corner from a big track around a lake and lots of parks but is still what is holding me back.

Good points about the exposed beams, i really liked the look of them but you have given me something to think of there.

The spa is in the ensuite.

#16 MelRaLi

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

Well if the spa is in the ensuite than its a non issue really.

Only passing on my experience with the exposed beams.. though another point is you're looking at a single story house. we had a 2 story house which is how high our beams were. may be alittle easier to manage?  And yes I love the look of exposed beams. those ones look better than our ones at the last house.. i prefer the look of natural wood VS painted wood.

#17 *maddierose*

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

Derr, nope just looked again, spa is main bathroom. We looked at it last weekend and for some reason i had it in my head it was in the ensuite.

When the girls were small we had exactly the same bath just bigger and not a spa and it was ok, is there a reason though because it's a spa or just corner?

#18 MelRaLi

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

no, simply because its a spa. You need a lot of water to put in it to make it a depth to bath the kids and its really awkward to lean over the spa whilst you're bathing them. Mum has one and i hate bathing the kids when we're there. I know Jesse's inlaws had one and she just used to get in with the girls as it was too hard to do it from the outside. So weigh up how long they'll be bathed for and if you're likely to have another baby you'd want to bath in there.

Also, look at the way the boys could manage to independantly get in and out of the bath as well.

#19 *maddierose*

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:21 PM

thanks Mel.

#20 pippityroo

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:55 PM

Congratulations on a little girl Heather! Seems the year for girls this year! Good to hear all is well with her.

Ally, great to hear the scan went well. All 3 of my pregnancies were identical original.gif

Bel, I'm no help with the house sorry. It's nice though.

Mel, that must be slightly exciting doing some prac! Hope it goes well.

Edited by alabamaluna, 10 September 2011 - 02:53 PM.

#21 heidistar

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:28 AM

Hi Ladies, I haven't been in here for ages...

Heather: Congrats on a little girl original.gif also glad to hear that she is growing well, i hope all goes well with it all.

Ally: Glad to hear your scan went well also.

Bel: That is a lovely looking house.

I have finally applied & been accepted into the Bach of Eduaction (0-5yrs) through Charles Sturt, it is P/T over 4yrs, but if i do the 3 sessions that they offer a year i will be able to finish it in just under 3yrs. The course doesn't start until end if Feb next year, so i have a while to prepare. I have also put Sianna's name down for daycare 2 days a week & hopefully she will get in as that will give me two days a week to study with Nitara at school next year.

Hope everyone is well.

#22 *maddierose*

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

Congratulations again Heidi on uni.

So we have upped our budget. Today we looked at 15 freaking houses and two more tomorrow, so tired and over it.

Anyhow thinking of putting in an offer on this one? Any thoughts on what might annoy me a few months down the track?

It is 4 bedrooms, study and a formal dining aswell as the dining showed, 3 seperate lounge/family areas and a small sitting area. Thinking we could convert the formal dining easily enough into a 5th bedroom and still have lots of space.

I think if we don't soon decide Matt and i may just end up killing each other, Lol.

Edited by belnryan, 11 October 2011 - 06:40 PM.

#23 MelRaLi

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

Bel, roughly how old is the house?

#24 heidistar

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

That house is spectacular Bel!

#25 *maddierose*

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

Argggh, thsi is so frustrating.

Can't decide between the two story and this one. They both have things to offer that the other doesn't.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-hous...+hill-107708686

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.