February 07 Parents # 393

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

#26 MelRaLi

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

I think you need to decide how much you really want a pool. the last house will need rennovating in the kitchen sooner than either of the previous ones which has its pluses and minuses.

Personally I would always go with the single story house.. but hey thats just me.

Of the three houses i liked the feel of the first one you posted, then the third then the second one.

#27 mychubbybubbies

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

Bel - I would always go for a single storey before double too with small kids. We stayed in a 2 storey townhouse when we were on our way up here and it was so stressful for me. I love the first one you linked the best, good luck! We haven't even begun to look at houses to buy yet.

Heather - Oh my gosh I'm so excited for you  biggrin.gif Let me know if you need any good online shopping sites  dev (6).gif

Ally - Glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well, you are very lucky to have such a supportive family wub.gif

Heidi - Congrats on the uni  grin.gif

Mel - When do you finish your study?

Hello to everyone else waves.gif

Not too much happening here, DF is still working long hours which is a pita but we are saving heaps and he loves his job so its all good.

#28 *maddierose*

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

Hi,
Thanks for the input. We decided to go with the two story, and are now in the cooling off stage so hopefully inspections all come back good.

Our offer was accepted on the 3rd one i linked but we decided the boys are to young for a pool when it is my Mum here with them the most.

#29 heidistar

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

Just a UPDATE on our situation....

Chris has decided to Apply for 'Other Ranks' in the Army, which means that he won't become a officer, but will still have a job in the Army. He is hoping to get into Military Police or 2nd choice would be Medical corp as a general medic. Then after his served 3yrs he can apply to become a PTI ( personal training instructor), which would be perfect for him.

Not sure how long all the application & stuff will take, so will be here in canberra for a while yet & not sure where we'll end up moving to, but hoping for Sydney.

Anyway i'm happy with that, means that i still have a roof over my head & his got a stable income original.gif

#30 ♥MazzAlexnRobyn

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

Hi all,

Heidi Congrats for starting uni best of luck with it all, original.gif. Hope things sort themselves out with Chris's work choices too.

Bel good luck with the house hope it all falls into place,

Hi everyone else sorry have not been in for a little and no idea what is going on we are all well and enjoying the warm QLD weather, but hoping to get back to SA end of next year, but that probably will never happen as we have got every posting DH has not put down so far in 22 years lol.  I have started a course for education assistant Cert 3 ( teachers aide) just to get part time work and see what I want to do, just do not know about Bach of Ed but its still there if I want to do more, and was lucky I was approved for PEEP (a defence training program) but its not available for uni sad.gif but did pay for this course.

#31 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

Heidi - Sorry to hear things haven't gone to plan at RMC. But its good news that you are still happy with the outcome. I am not sure I would be as easy going as you are with all the changes you guys have gone through. Good news about uni too.

Bel - Great news that your offer was accepted. I hope it all turned out ok with the inspections etc.

Tess - That's great news that you guys are moving to Cowra. Living in smaller towns is so nice and the housing is so much more affordable. Do the kids understand?

Roz - Sounds like you have all settled in nicely to life in Qld!

Not much happening here, just working lots and trying to stay on top of everything with the house and kids. We are planning some minor renovations, hopefully starting this weekend. Which I am not looking forward to the process but I am looking forward to the outcome!

I'm taking both my boys to a Justine Clarke concert in Canberra in a few weeks. Might be crazy taking them on my own but Jack is so excited. And we managed to get tickets to the Wiggles in November - which I think I am more excited about than anyone as I have been watching them since my youngest sister was a toddler.

We just booked a weekend away for the long weekend so that will be great, think we all need a little time out. Pregnancy ticking a long nicely and I have really popped out in the last week (as everyone has pointed out). I have discovered Metalicus dresses and have bought up a few as they are perfect as maternity wear and hopefully should resell ok because being one sized I think they would look ridiculous on me when I'm not pregnant.

Well best get back to my chores. I'm sure the washing breeds while I'm not looking.

Hope everyone is well.

#32 heidistar

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

Hi, sorry hadn't updated you....

Chris application for Transfer to other ranks has been denied. Basically the decission that has been passed down is that he should resign/be discharged sad.gif  .... So yeah we're off back to Sydney. But at this stage we don't have a lot of $$$ & are trying for a loan in order to pay for a bond on a place. I was under the impression that we're entitled to a removal, but the Drilly told Chris that he doesn't think that we are :/  Without a Removal at their expanse we will have issues affording to move.

#33 *maddierose*

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:47 PM

Oh Heidi, sorry to hear all hasn't gone to plan. I'm with Ally, i wouldn't be as easy going as you, must be very stressful for you when all you want is stability. What does Chris plan on doing now?

Ally: Lol at being excited about the wiggles, they sure have changed in the 15-16 years since Jess started watching them.
A weekend away sounds great.
Did the renovations start? What are you doing?

Mazz: The course sounds good, I would actually really enjoy teachers aides positions. Nice hrs and holidays plus no stress of having to lesson plan etc.
Fingers crossed you get your SA posting.

US: Been a very stressful week and a bit.
We had to extend our cooling off by 2 days as the stupid valuator couldn't get her butt into gear, so cooling off changed to Friday just gone and still valuator hadn't sent valuation report to bank so the loan could go through.
The vendors refused a further extension allowing us only an extra hr. Valuation went through only 40mins before cooling off expired and the bank esculated it for us but still looked like we wouldn't get done in time. Right as we were ready to pull out, 5 mins before cooling off expired everything went through. So all in all the outcome we wanted just much more stress.
So we now need to pack and get everything sorted. Settlement is the 26th of October.

I have this week off work to spend some much needed time with the kids.

#34 heidistar

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

Oh Bell (&Ally), i'm far from being cool, calmed & collected about this matter! I am stressed right up to my eyeballs & it's making my depressed & very short tempered with the girls sad.gif ...

Last night i actually got of of Chris that his not being forced to resign, that is a recommendation. His request to transfer was denied, but he hasn't be back classed or given a notice to show cause. It may not even happen, he could potentially just push on, he might get back classed or be given a notice to show cause but at this stage his speculating that will happen. So if he was to fill in the resignation forms, essentially he is doing it by his own choice. In that case we're not entitled to a move. Unless he can get some sort of document saying it is recommended he resign & get someone to approve a removal.

We did apply for a loan with the bank but it was denied & now have applied for a loan with Aussie but if that is denied also, then i have told him i think he should just push on here & see what happens. If his back classed the so be it, means we're here longer & his still in a secure job.

Grrr bloody men  rant.gif

Bell: As stressful as it was for you, i glad to hear everything went through in the end. Very exciting eexcite.gif

How is everyone else?

Edited by heidistar, 26 September 2011 - 08:17 AM.

#35 ~Heather~

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:18 AM

Heidi - gosh you sure have had your share of financial troubles. I hope Chris sees the sense in continuing on and waiting to see what the outcome will be - that makes more sense then filling out resignation forms. Besides, noone can make him fill out resignation forms can they!? Difficult situation and I am hoping all works out for you!

Bel - oh my, how stressful!! I would not be impressed with the valuator at all! These people need a kick up their bum, they get paid money to do a job, they should darn well do it. I am glad everything worked out for you though, how exciting!! Moving is so stressful, its a good opportunity to have a huge clean out though!
Do you plan on doing anything wiht your time off work this week with the kids? Shame the weather is shaping up to be yuck.

Mazz - is your course through TAFE? I agree with Bel, teachers aide would be a great job! Only sucky thing is no pay during school holidays.

Ally - oh the Wiggles..!! We are missing them this year because we didnt know how i would be faring with this pregnancy which is a shame, but atleast i know i still have another 4-5yrs of watching them ahead of me as the boys get too old to enjoy them. I really love them!
Where are you off to for your long weekend?

As for us, we are going along great. Tiredness is still my major issue with this pregnancy, but i think that would be a given with the boys, work and study keeping me drained. We had our first camping trip last weekend and loved it! So much so, that we are now planning a longer trip for the end of October, it will be our last trip before baby comes, very excited to go again!
The boys are great, Thomas is loving his big school transition and Jackson is hitting the terrible 2's - he is so stubborn and strong, not a good combination, but still a gorgeous easy going boy generally.

Does anyone have any suggestions on girls names? DH and I seem to have completely opposite tastes when it comes to girl names and he is frustrating me because i will suggest a name one day and he doesnt mind it, then a week later he hates it! He still really likes Lily as its his Mums middle name (Lillian) and I really like Evie, but they just dont work together. I also love Eloise and Elise but he hates them. He suggested Larissa to me, but i dont like that either.. gahh ... this is much harder then finding boy names!

#36 ♥MazzAlexnRobyn

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

Heather My course is through its Bonline learning original.gif they also do cert 4 so I can do that next I just wanted this as I can work part time and around the girls.  good luck with the names we had issues with Alex's name she was going to be Nikitta but I ended up hating it at the end and found Alexandria, DH called Robyn Robyn hehe I was still out and well it stuck

Heidi sorry to hear things ate stressful for you. Hope things get better and you can move forward  bbighug.gif

Bel wow to the added stress but so glad it is all through now have a safe and easy move

Ally enjoy the concert and long weekend away I loved going to the wiggles  but such a drive for us from out here to the other side of Brissy so not on our list of things this year, we did do Dora show out at Toowoomba was nice original.gif

us nothing new, just enjoying the school holidays and trying to sort out the girls, to keep them entertained lol. not an easy thing as they start fighting over what they want, only one more week and Alex is back at school.
I no longer have a computer just the laptop which is old and slow so when DH at work I use his hehe,

take care everyone and hope all are well original.gif

#37 ~Heather~

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

Ally - I have been linked this site - it might help you with your carseat issue!

http://www.mynrma.com.au/motoring/reviews/...tting-guide.htm

#38 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

Oh  awesome thanks Heather! I haven't seen that before. I haven't really given it much thought but probably should soon.

#39 *maddierose*

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

Lol Heather, i thought boys names were heaps harder than girls.

I really like Evie, such a pretty name but yeah if you were to use Lily/Lillian as a middle name they don't really go together.

We were going away for a few days but decided not to due to moving, kinda happened faster than anticipated, we were planning new year, so have some unexpected bills coming up.
Just really realaxing a bit with the kids as i was feeling a bit burnt out. So lazy days, picnics and maybe a visit to the city.

Mazz: My two fight heaps lately to, not much fun is it.

#40 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

Heidi - Sorry to hear things have gotten worse. Like Heather I agree that he should try and stick it out until his hand is forced. At least that gives you a chance to get your ducks in a row and line up alternative employment etc. Would you consider staying in the Canberra area?

Heather - We are struggling with both boy and girls names. Jack suggested Fox, had to explain to him that we are not uber cool people who could pull off a name like that  laughing2.gif  I love Evie, Eva and the Irish version Aoife (Ef-aa), but Ben has said no to them all. He says no to all the Irish names I love, really hoped he would love them as he lived there for a few years just before we met. We both love Nell but haven't got the best reaction to it, not that it would really stop us using it. And boys names I don't even know where to start! We are quite traditional with our name choices and I don't do weird spellings etc. We are just heading down to the South Coast for a few days, although the weather isn't looking great it will just be nice to get away and for Ben to be a long way from the temptation of working. I'll have to quiz you out about your tent etc as I would love to start camping.

Bel - Hope you are enjoying your time off - are you spending it packing? We aren't doing anything major to the house, just starting the replastering process as our house is very old and the walls are made with daub (basically plaster and horse hair). We hope to stay here long term and have plans to extend etc sometime in the future as we love the location.

Mazz - Even my boys manage to fight so you are definitely not alone. Hamish wants to do everything Jack does and it drives Jack mad.

Well I best go do some washing as the plan is to have the car packed tomorrow so we can leave straight after work on Friday - yay!!

#41 ~Heather~

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:01 AM

Bel - How are your holidays going? Its such a shame the weather isn’t being very kind to you. Good packing weather though huh!  Probably a good thing you didn’t end up going away aswell, it would suck to go away and have horrible weather – although getting out of the house is always good regardless of weather sometimes.

I am joining the fighting kids club too.. don’t know whats happened, they used to be the best mates. And its not Thomas causing the fighting, its Jackson. He beats his big brother up something shocking and I don’t know how to curb it, he pulls his hair, gouges his eyes and just torments him all day. My gorgeous sweet Jackson has turned into a terror LOL.

Ally – how sweet Jack suggest Fox, what a creative name! Picking names is so much harder this time and I think its because its a girls name which we haven’t really given any decent thought to before. Men always ruin our loved names don’t they LOL.. Will you be finding out what this bub is? Your scan should be soon shouldn’t it?
I hope you enjoy your time away this weekend!
We went camping for the first time and absolutely loved it, i didn’t expect it to be so easy with the boys. I recommend a big tent, i need space! Ours has 2 back bedrooms and a front living area with a front annex too (which we didn’t put up last time). The boys slept so well; we all did! Which was surprising given I was 5mths pregnant and didn’t have my body pillow with me. A good quality air mattress is what made the difference i think. Anyways, we only plan on camping at Holiday Parks, no bush camping so we can have the luxuries with us like electricity LOL. The place we stayed at was amazingly well kept – the amenities block was always well stocked with hand towel and toilet paper most places always run out off, and the showers were good too. Highly recommend it. I love the fact we can get away for weekends so cheaply – site costs are around $30-$40 night and its such an adventure for the boys. Cant wait til we go for a longer period at the end of this month.

Not much else happening with me, had a falling out with a good friend as she thinks i have made it implicitly clear that i would not adjust to having a little girl – and that boys would only fit in my ideal family, and doubting my ultrasound results – some of you may have seen some of this on a FB status which has since been removed. She has been really nasty as I have never stated such rubbish, so its quite hurtful, but I am being the bigger person and moving on. If she feels thats the way I am, than thats her problem.

Whats everyone doing this weekend?

#42 heidistar

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

Hi Girls,

Well Chris has signed the "resignation' forms, they basically told him if he didn't resign then they would discharge him & then he might have issues applying for any government job. Which would mean that lets say a position for a PT came up for a government office, he would be able to apply if he had been discharged..... Not sure when we'll have to move as he doesn't have a date yet. We are still trying to find out if we're entitled to a move, keeping fingers crossed that we are.

I called my old boss (the one i worked for when Nitara was little), she has a new centre in Merrylands now & has sold the old one. But i was calling if she had a position for Nitara until school starts & then a position for Sianna for next year. Before i could even ask, she asked if i was looking for a job? Now i will likely need some work but that was always going to be hard with the 2 girls so young, but she said to come see her when i get there & we can work something. They money will be very handy so i'm looking at taking the job.

Fighting Kids: My two are always screaming & fighting with each other, mainly it's Nitara taking EVERYTHING off Sianna. It's really doing my head it wacko.gif

4yr olds?: Nitara's behaviour is getting really hard to handle for me of late. She thorws screaming tantrums at the drop of a hat, she is uncooperative, back chats etc. If i say 'No' to anything she starts whinging & will not stop (she could go on & on for over an hr), if i place her in her room she goes nuts! the other day she actually broke the handle off the door (luckily easily put back on).  I am at my whits end, it's making me really not enjoy being mummy atm & i just want her to stop  cry1.gif ... I have also started getting complaints (well only 2 so far) that she is also missbehaving at preschool  ohmy.gif

Heather: Your friend sounds a little crazy! Sorry to hear this has happened between you though sad.gif

#43 *maddierose*

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:50 AM

Heather: I did see your facebook post, your friend came accross rather nasty.

Before having the boys i remember saying that i didn't know what i'd do if i had a boy, i wouldn't know what to do with them. However it didn't mean that i only wanted girls or that i didn't adjust just fine and learn what to do with boys, lol.

I think part of me saying that was also i did want a boy but didn't think it was likely (my family had a huge run of girls and i'm one of 4 girls, so kinda thought i'd only be able to have girls, iykwim.)

Heidi: Sorry to hear things are so tough atm. Do you think Nitara could be picking up on your stress? Only ask as the week i was really stressed thinking we would have to pull out of our contract and lose the deposit we had paid and solicitor fees etc, Ryan's behaviour was shocking and i'm sure he picked up on how i was feeling and because i was stressed i probably didn't react to him as calm as i should of so therefor his behaviour esculated.

I hope it all works out for you. If you get some work can't Chris have the girls until he finds something?

#44 heidistar

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

Chris will most likely be able to start in the gym right away. His been contacted by a couple already that he just needs to contact closer to when we move, basically just needs to go in & meet them. Gym work is usually early morning & late afternoon/evening so would be hard to work it around my shifts for him to have the girls. But if i'm going to work for my old boss then the girls are able to attend the centre, my sister said she would like to have the girls on her days off so i will only be paying for 3 days & with the way the do CCB now it will only have to pay between $24-$29 per/day, per/child. If we're both working then it will be affordable.

ETA: Yes i agree it is most likely my stress making Nitara's behaviour worse.

Edited by heidistar, 01 October 2011 - 03:48 PM.

#45 ♥MazzAlexnRobyn

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

hi everyone, hope you are all doing well

I have finally git into see my Gyno and I have to have a mirena or a hysterectomy I am stressing as I was a child and watched my mum go through major issues with the hysterectomy and as it is major surgery is the last resort for us and looking at the mirena but do not know much about it been reading all the posts in the Contraception posts just to get some help

think I am just being an old fuddy duddy sad.gif

i have mixed feeling at the moment but want to have energy and due to heavy cycles think I need to do this have talked to DH and will see how I feel soon and then take the next step

at least I have 2 beautiful daughters so what more could I want ♥  wub.gif

sorry for the ME post had to get it out and not to publicly like FB

#46 ~ Four Blessings ~

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hi Everyone waves.gif

Its been a long time since I posted in here, but I just wanted to say hi and hope everyone is doing well. I really cant believe its coming up to 5yrs since our little babies were born. Who is sending there kids to school next year?

Jack will be going to school he is very ready and he is excited, we have school orientation next week for 4 weeks every friday.

Heidi - I really hope things start to work out for you guys, you really deserve a break.

Bel - Congrats on the new place, I will have to get up there soon for a catch up. I havent even been up to see my mum much either, so I need to make more of an effort.

Mazz - I had a mirena for 2 yrs I have a bit of a love / hate relationship with it as I had some side effects such as cramping (but nothing too bad) and headaches, depression, and feeling pregnant all the time. However it was really good with AF I didnt get one for 2yrs which was great  biggrin.gif  DH had a vasectomy to stop anymore pregnancies happening for us so that I wouldnt have to use any hormonal contraception its been the best thing we ever did, and we are both so happy with our decision, however if I was in your shoes I would probably trial the mirena first before opting to have a hysterectomy. Good luck with it all, and I am glad to hear that Alex is doing a lot better.

Heather - Congratulations on your pregnancy and on a pink bundle, I know the excitement of having a girl after having boys, its such a great feeling!!!!! I adore having my little girl. wub.gif  Goodluck choosing a name we found it quite hard to agree on girls names, and we actually had another boys name completely sorted but were very stuck on girls names.

Ally - I saw on facebook about your pregnancy and was very excited for you. Congratulations!!!!!

Mel - Goodluck with your uni!!!

AFM - This was just a quick post as its been a really long time between posts, and although I have most of you on facebook, I never really stop to chat to you that often, life has been hectic with 4 kids its always something to do and somewhere to be, I dont find much time to slow down lately.

But things are going really great here, We are still living in Wollongong, but we now have a stable home my brother in law bought a big 5 bedroom / 2 living areas + granny flat place for us to live in and its been fantastic its 3 doors up from the kids school so they can walk to school and back, and Andrew now has a job only 15 mins from  home (he has been there about 4 months now) and the job is more money and a higher position (supervisor) so with it comes a lot of responsibility for him, but its good to have him home a lot earlier and around a bit more, he has weekends off now and we can enjoy that time a bit more as a family.

William was diagnosed with sleep apnoea and now has a CPAP machine for his breathing at night (cost's lots of $$$ but hopefully this will really help him and we will start to see him improving all the way around), he is having his tonsils and adnoids removed early next  year.

Olivia is now walking and into everything. My sister in law had her second child another little girl and named her Eliza Rose such a pretty name.  So everything is really good for us, we have booked a holiday to Tassie next year in March for a friends wedding (no kids for 5 days) and I am excited about that.

Anyway I just wanted to say a very random hello to you all and hope everything is well and just feeling a bit nostalgic today about our babies turning 5.  Where did all those years go?

Anita.

#47 heidistar

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

Hi,

Anita: So lovely to hear from you & to hear how well things are going original.gif Wow that is terrific that your brother brought a house you can live in, must be a huge relief off you mind? .... I too am amazed that our Babies will be 5yrs old soon ohmy.gif Nitara will be starting school, we have to send her to Granville South Public as that is the school we'll be zoned to when we move to our new house. They also have some orintation on Fridays, but we might miss it due to the move.

Mazz: Glad to hear Alex is doing well original.gif

AFU: The guy wants Chris for the job he went for. So we are hoping that the Army hurry up & discharge him so he doesn't miss the opportunity. We had a house approved this week & i have just paid the bond, rent will start on 4th Nov, so hoping we can move soon to that date. I am still waiting to hear if i actually do have the job with my old boss, she did ask me when i went to visit her if i wanted it, but i need to talk with her husband first & his been unwell & they have just moved house etc. If that falls through i can work 2 days casual when my sister has days off (most likely Mon & Tue) & i know they are crying out for casuals to the moment.

#48 *maddierose*

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

Mazz, I have had the mirena twice. First time all good, This time i have had it for 2.5yrs and it has been ok, I do have a lot of symptoms but they could also be caused by my thyroids so i'm not so sure. If i was in your position i'd definately give the mirena a go before the huge step of a hysterectomy.

Anita: So glad all is going well for you and your family. That's good news that William has the machine, i know a few people (adults though) with it and it has made a huge difference.
Yes we will definately need to catch up.

Heidi: Hope you can get the discharge and move asap. Glad all is panning out.

Us, not a lot happening. Busy as always. Settlement is a week today and i still have so much to pack, it's amazing the ammount of crap you own.

#49 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:14 AM

Bel - Wow the time between exchange and settlement went very quickly. Moving is a terrible job but it will be so lovely to be in your new home.

Heidi - I hope things start to fall in place for you guys soon. I would not cope well if I was in your position. I love stability. How do the girls feel about moving?

Heather - How are you travelling? Can't wait to hear your girls name. We are still undecided! I still have to go and sort out the car seat situation as well.

Anita - You must have read about my pregnancy on here, pretty sure its the only online place I have mentioned it - definitely not on facebook. Good to hear things are going well for you guys.

AFUS - Pregnancy travelling well, off for my 20 week scan next Thursday - can't wait! The boys are going well in the same room and the house is a schmozel as we work through our renovations. Will be so good when it is done (although in reality that could be years away).

I am still flat out at work, which means the weeks are flying by. Ben is also super busy which is nice especially in this economy.

School - We are still undecided on whether he will go or not. He is ready in so many ways (socially, academically) but gets so disappointed when things don't work out the way he planned or when he can't master something. Hard to know if this is personality though as I am also easily disappointed and have to get things right! We have elected to put him through a prep for school program as well as orientation to get a formal opinion. I feel very strongly that I have to get this 100% right for him and so have been doing a lot of research (like I do with everything) and I really like the Steiner concept that kids should learn through play until the age of 6-7. I just want him to love school and do well there. Anyway so I am reserving judgement until we finish that program.

And I am so sick of people telling me just send him to school because surely it would be easier to have 3 children if 1 of them was at school. Do people really make decisions regarding the education of their children based on their ability to cope with the children they have chosen to have being at home? Sheesh I really hope not!

Anyway I best go get myself ready. I am doing my first shift at the local Meals on Wheels today and also have swim lessons for both boys this afternoon.

#50 *maddierose*

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

Sadly Ally, yes people decide to send their children to school for many reasons that don't necessarily benefit the child. I'm seeing a lot of it at work this year.

School, we are still very undecided, we have our school interview tomorrow so hopefully that will help.

Unfortunately though Ryan has lost his place at his daycare for next year. Long story but basically i told them (it's where i use to work) that Ryan would be returning as we hadn't made a decision so to hold his spot and i'd let them know closer to the end of the year what we had decided.
Anyhow as the director is my friend she saw i wrote on facebook that he was accepted into the school of our choice so took it upon herself to give his spot away.
So if we decide not to send him i don't know what we will do.

Ally, best of luck with your u/s, are you finding out bubs gender?

Gotta run, jess has just called to say she has finished work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.