January 07 Parents # 542

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
376 replies to this topic

#376 Mulan

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Orientation for dd was fabulous. She is totally thrilled with the whole thing. I'm so excited for her but also I'm a Geary blithering mess watching my last baby confidently walking away with her buddy. Especially watching my big boy with this years kinder buddy as well. 7 school years rushed through me this week.

I shared some excitement on fb and sk tonight too. It's been a big week/month in our family. Interesting times ahead too.

Mel of course the education system doesn't think outside the circle. I don't think it ever did really.  I don't put much emphasis on napalm results. My very wise second son explained it really well this year "it's just a government crap thing to work out which schools need better teachers to work with kids who need more help, it's not about individual kids at all"

Megan I'm loving looking through your trip photos. A dozen or so each day for me, I'm almost caught up

Sle I think p will start talking all of a sudden and in full sentences straight away as if she never wasn't talking. That was my experience with dd. she went from few words to thousands in a couple of days really

Lol at the toilet not fitting. That's priceless

#377 azalia

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

+
Mel loved reading your recap of your trip!! And you know I am always up for a NYC shopping trip. Say the word and I am there especially as I will finally have a schedule soon for when dh is going to be away and home. I still have hope that I will be able to get to WPPI in Feb, but im fairly certain it wont be doable, as he will likely be away.

Does NAPLAN count towards marks for the kids? If it didnt then I would not care about the results, its just another stupid government test. All those silly tests from school, I really do question the school system, I know I am going to struggle when my kids are at high school levels because aside from learning respect, good values and great friends, Im not sure it taught me much else that I have used in my life.

Mulan - I will go check out your news, congratulations!

Spewing - I have no idea but its driving me nuts, we are both being covered in it constantly and its resulting in about 5 clothes changes before 10am. She only spews breastmilk, never food. Could that still mean a food intolerance, or is it something to do with my milk?

Having a tough day(s), dh not coming home, they have been threatned to have to stay on, so no idea when he will be home, I am nearing my limit, as his flight out date for the next big job is now only 3 weeks away and I now know he will not be here at Christmas/new years/byrons bday.  I have a love/hate relationship with CHristmas as it is, I love the idea of it and its festivities and enforcement of family, but I find it horribly hard not having extended family of my own to share it with. Hes told me to get out of Perth if I can manage it with the kids, but where to I dont know. Where can I go where I can manage 3 little ones on my own and actually have a 'holiday'. My best friend is in the UK for that period, and while thats tempting the flight and weather there is not.  Ill give it some more thought.

Indiana is going great guns, she is a menace already, I dont know what I was thinking hoping she would be my calm little girl. No chance being my daughter!!! rolleyes.gif  happy.gif  She swipes at everything and has the strength of an ogre (can you tell where watching Shrek right now!)  She is into everything and is such a good baby considering she is always moved around with our busy schedules. Mason has finally come around to her, and is really interested in her now. He talks and plays with her often, before she was born I thought they would be really close, and I think that will be true. She has his cheekyness.  She is just stretching out the 9-12 month rompers with feet, so I can tell she is growing like a weed.  Byron is just so tall now its incredible. He is constantly mistaken for a 7 year old and is such a social kid. No daylight savings is doing my head in though, 4:45 is not a fun time to be woken up each day. Suns up though so the kids think its time to get up.

Beautiful day today and its a holiday, so heading to the river this arvo for a picnic with some friends. Should be really nice as one of the husbands going loves kids so I know he will enjoy playing cricket and stuff with the boys which they will love. Hoping there is a shop open though that I can get some food from. Wedding yesterday was beautiful, lovely couple. Better go and feed missy she is getting mighty cranky for breakie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.