Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 key4

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

Wow a gold right place right time original.gif

Df - Hope the trip went ok and you are feeling a little bit more refreshed after a short time away.

Jen - You will find the pressies come down the track. Hope Ted discovers that mummy prefers to sleep at night soon.

Mama - What a week! I hope you survive with sanity in tact.

Well best be off I have DD on my knee and I am trying to complete an assignment. The poor chicken is not well so needs some tlc.

Edited by key4, 14 August 2011 - 04:23 PM.

#3 Mamabug

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (key4 @ 14/08/2011, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well best be off I have DD on my knee and I am trying to complete an assignment. T

I have my new subject notes in the cradle...I put them there in the hopes that I would be motivated to read
them before Baby BUg arrives blink.gif wacko.gif  

Maybe I should pack it in my hospital bag....labour may take some time!

Have put the capsule in the car. My emotional reaction was far more underwhelming than when we put Biggest Bugs' seat in.

That day I looked at the seat and started sobbing hysterically that I wasn't ready.

This day I kinda looked at the car full of seats over two rows and just sighed in a world weary way blush.gif

#4 Bigmum

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

Bronze! Woot woot

Hi all. Mama it's kinda ok that you didn't do the big sob thing. It shows you are ready And prepared that d?bug will arrive soon.

Well my poor Sis. After a horror pregnancy and thinking her ds had chicken pox a week n a half ago, it appears he didn't.  He got them today. After he's already slobbered on newborn dnephew :-( she is beside herself but given she had the vaccination maybe 2 weeks or more ago I'm hoping her and her new ds will be finefingers crossed.

Well enjoy the remainder of your weekend all. We went out and had nice lunch and I have bribed my dd's with m'nm's if they massage my cankles :-)

Afterall, that's why you have more than one right? Lol!

Edited by Bigmum, 14 August 2011 - 07:18 PM.

#5 MarsBarSlice

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

Just lurking for baby news and updates. Thinking of you all

#6 Neko NoNo

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

NEW MEMBERS
WELCOME  ddance.gif
*Fluttergirls*
Mrs Carmen
Athnessa
MrsNorthman
Angel1977
Jens1607
ppinkstork.gif PREGNANT AFTER MISCARRIAGE bbluestork.gif

~~~SEPTEMBER 2011~~~

Mamabug
Due: 1 September
Other details: DD 5 (IVF/ICSI), DS 4, DD 2. Three early mc/chem pg

Mandysam
Due: 29 September
Other Details: 2 boys aged 7 and 4 and sadly lost our last baby at 13 wks last May

~~~OCTOBER 2011~~~

*~*ME*~*
Due date: 13th October
Other Details:

CallhimSmith
Due Date: 15th October 2011
Other details: it's a boy!

petalsjk
EDD: 15th October 2011

Kate-Ko
Due date: 26 October
Other details: MC November 2010 at 10.5 weeks

kitty*kat
Due Date: 27 October 2011
Other Details: - 2 m/c's Aug/nov 09 and 1 missed m/c april 10; PCOS

~~~DECEMBER 2011~~~

Bigmum
Due Date: 11 December 2011
Other details: dd6 & dd 4 ( ds3 in our hearts)

~~~JANUARY 2012~~~

Michelle 120733
Due Date: 2 January 2012
Other details: one gorgeous 3.5 DS and 3 mc (6 weeks, 7 weeks and 8 weeks all in 2010)

PeanutBrown
Due date: 03 January 2012
Other details: first baby after a missed MC in May 2011 at 14 weeks gestation

Desiree Farfalla
Due date: 11th January 2012
Other details: 3 children, 5 angels

Indah
Due date: 26th January 2012
Other details: 1 angel August 2010

~~~APRIL 2012~~~

Jens1607
Due date: 8th April 2012
Other details: 1 angel baby December 2010

*Fluttergirls* - Kristen
Due date: Mid to late April 2012
Other Details: DH, DD1(4), DD2(3), 1 chem and 2 MMC.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
Readyand raring
Belinda33
Meme78
readyandraring
Belinda33
Michelle120733
Jane23: Rest in peace Jamie
Hernette
Ellorilee
Fluttergirls

bbabyflip.gif BABY IS HERE! bbabyflip.gif
Summer-Lover: September 2010 (first graduate of PAM)
Somebody_new: 07 December 2010.  Little boy (James) joining DD 6 and DD 18 months.
NoPatience: 31 December 2010.Little boy (Brodie) joining DS8
CherryAmes: January 2011. Little girl (Sojourner)
MrsCarmen: 11 February 2011 Little boy (Toby)
Julz78: 24 February 2011. Little girl (Felicity)
Blondiebear: 27 February 2011. Little boy. (Rafael)
Rumpel: 4 February 2011. Little girl (Emma)
Natmac: 6 March 2011. Little boy (Oliver)
ThatsNotMyName: 11 March 2011. Little girl (Carys)
Lei-79: 17 March 2011. Little girl (Madison
HappyHB: 22 March 2011. Little boy (Fionn)
Icesprite: 26 March 2011. Little girl.(Elise)
MissIceberg: 4 April 2011. Little girl. (Madeleine)
TulsaTime: 13 April 2011. Little boy (Taal)
GypskyK: 17 April 2011. Little boy (Xavier)
Canadia: 24 April 2011. Little boy (George)
Enharmonic: 29 April 2011. Little boy (Hugo)
Aphraell: 8 May 2011 (Mother's day) Little Girl (Xaria)
Fismeats: 9 May 2011. Little boy (Archer)
Having Fun: 26 May 2011. Little boy (Elijah)
Jodownunder: 17 June 2011. Little girl (Sophie)
Want*a*bub: 25 June 2011. Little girl (Kaitlin Gabrielle)
Shadowess: 28 June 2011. Little girl (Freya Kate)
jmh: 8 July 2011. Little Boy (Elliot James)
Kuta: 15 July 2011. Little Boy (Brendan Garry)
mum2KCandi: 22 July 2011. Little Girl (Sophie)
MONA:  29 July 2011. Little girl (Stella)
Tygrays: 8 August 2011. Little Girl (Aerynn Paige Nalani)
Jen42: 10 August 2011. Little Boy (Edward)
Pregnant After Miscarriage Graduates Buddy Group
PAM Graduates

Edited by Kate-ko, 17 August 2011 - 09:00 PM.

#7 Guest_chocmudcake_*

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

Hi ladies,
No personals tonight, sorry.

A quick question for anyone taking aspirin, did it make you spot?
Within 45 minutes of taking it I spot and it only happens that once each day, not sure if it is normal or not?

anyway m/s has hit with a vengeance as normal, so feeling like dirt. Been sick all day and not keeping much down sad.gif I really dont know how I will cope with being sick for the next 34ish weeks and looking after DD. Fingers crossed it doesnt last the whole pregnancy this time.

#8 Bigmum

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

Chocmud I can't help re spotting, but can tell u I had hg with dd1 and all my other pregnancies my ms has stopped before 20 weeks. Fingers crossed for u xx

#9 Neko NoNo

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:24 AM

List- I managed to get the list up while we are still on page 1! Yay me. If anyone would like to add their details, please PM me or post your blurb and I will put it in

Mama- I'm assuming not much got done over the weekend regarding the useless tradie. Did you at least sort out the bank and stop the cheque? I hope today is less stressful for you

Bigmum- congrats on your nephew! How lovely to welcome a new addition to the family. I saw your post about the text- I would have been sad too, but EB is not friendly to such attitudes.  This is my pram
http://www.bubsngrubs.com.au/safety-1st-sh...e-stroller.html  
It didn't seem all that big in the shop when it was next to the other prams, so I think I'm just a little shocked by how big they all are once they are in my home and especially my little hatchback car!

Smith- I think GD would have pushed me over the edge- any more diet restriction on top of coeliac disease and pregnancy and I would have snapped. I hope you wrangled DH into getting some cleaning done

Jen- I'm sure presents will arrive for Teddy soon. I hope you and your family are enjoying some time together. You have moved to our grads list now! I can't believe we have no more impending for August!

Athnessa- those are good numbers for your gestation. I think you are right to let it go now. They are just stressful after you have established that they are rising.

Key- I hope DD is feeling better and you got your assignment finished.

Choc- I guess the days of being relieved by MS are over. I'll bet it's not much fun. I hope it eases for you soon- at least by the end of 1st trimester.

AFM- I had a lovely weekend- terrible sleep Friday night so I got up at 4.30am! I got so much done- washing, washing up, grocery shopping, doctors visits, lawns mowed and still had time for FB bejewelled! Of course, I slept fantastically well on Saturday night. Perhaps I need to cram a little more into my days. Also had lunch with a good friend on Sunday and cleaned out my car so I can fit my pram and capsule in there. It was lovely.

I only have 12 days left of work! And I'm owed a flex, so it's really 11. I can't wait.

#10 MrsNorthman

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

have nt test today and quietly sh*tting myself...am convinced all will go wrong like no heartbeat or any number of things...am miss pessimism today...

#11 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:50 AM

Just popping in on Mama-watch.

Good luck today Mrs Northman, we all know that feeling hhugs.gif

Good looking pram Kate-ko, we got something similar just recently & love it.

waves.gif to all

#12 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:27 AM

Home today original.gif

last post before going into lurking mode I promise!

Me: Ob report good; the hole was in my long ligament which is the one that covers the space between the uterus, tubes and ovaries. It has been repaired and wayward bowel put back where it belongs! I can have more babies (although we only want one more it will be pushing it to have more than an extra 2) but I'm definitely NOT allowed to labour again - labour could be a quick emergency situation so I guess we'll need to discuss BH and prodomal labour if it happens again. Potentially not a fun next pregnancy though!

Edward: Ted is doing great, he had his best night ever only feeding 2 hourly and he went back to his cot twice without fuss (once there was lots of fuss!) He even woke up at 7.30 and stayed awake for an hour and a half, although I think day 5 is a little early to get excited about one correct wake up time! He put on 100gms since yesterday so back into the 4.5kgs and if I didn't mention it, he is 54cm - so 4cm taller than Oliver and Oliver was 95th % for the first 18 months! DH reckons he's got a number 1 and a back rower he just needs the 13 in between (rugby reference for mamabug!)

DH: currently organising Teds room, complaining about his cold, tiredness and generally being "me, me, me" honestly.

Oliver: definitely sick the poor thing, DH said he was very clingy this morning so we'll pick him up early, load him up with gifts and hope for the best!

End of me!

Mrs Northman - good luck today, I was so sick on the days of those early scans, it's very stressful but as we all know - most of the time everything is fine.

Mamabug - good luck tomorrow, wed or thur whenever Ob says baby bug is coming. I'll be lurking!

DF - hope you and Oreo are ok, hope whoever hurt you is being ignored for now.

Bigmum - I like the massages bribes! Nice work.

Kate - great work on the list and I can't believe I'm a grad either!

To all of you - thank you all so much for all your kind words, patience and support over the last 8 months, especially during those early days and the long, painful last few weeks original.gif you have all made this pregnancy and the fears that go with it so much easier to deal with and you have also provided an understanding ear where one was needed, many, many imaginary hugs where they were needed and wanted, medical understanding and advice well beyond what one may expect from her friends and most importantly, a place to laugh, cry, worry and love while on the rollercoaster of pregnancy. I'm getting a bit teary, but honestly girls - thank you, thank you all so much. If you're ever in Melbourne and would like to share coffee, cake or hard to get rugby tickets (wink.gif) I'm here.

On that little sob story, I wish you all the very best for the rest of your pregnancies and will be lurking for news. Hope to see you in the PAM soon:)

Xxx Jen

#13 athnessa

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

Mrs Northman good luck with the scan today.

We will be thinking of you.

No personals now, got to get back to work!

#14 Bigmum

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:57 AM

morning all!

Kate-
I saw your post about the text- I would have been sad too, but EB is not friendly to such attitudes.
I know.... I got a roasting!!  blush.gif but the way I see it is we all do things differently, and because I've only known one way (with dh's family and mine, well in fact all my close friends!) I stupidly thought it was the done thing. Obviously not!! haha
Lesson learnt. Keep all overreacting pregnancy thoughts to yourself!! BTW, I actually called my sister as soon as I got the text and I was happy for her. Its amazing how much people can read into a post- I even got PM'S!!! about it....is wasnt that bigger deal! lol
nice pram!! We tested out the bugaboo yesterday (looks similar to yours anyhow!). It folds quite easily which is what I need for getting in and out of taxis etc. so Thinking we will go with that. But I like the look of yours. They are not available here in sg tho. (that i've seen)

Athnessa- those are good numbers for your gestation
biggrin.gif agree

jen, we are just so glad Teddy is here safely! Thankyou, we will "miss" you , but hope we can be grads with you soon (soon as in pregnancys dont last forever...thank goodness!!)
Its awesome that a group of women who have felt the same pain can come and let out there fears and everything, isnt it?

Mrsnorthman, hugs for you today, and I hope among hope you get fantastic results

eta: thats not my name, that picture of carys is the most darling thing I have ever seen!! I smile everytime I see it!!

Me: My bum and back are so sore. I managed to avoid the sciatica like feelings last night by recognising it was probably going to occur and using a heatpack. But today for some weird reason, I feel as tho (sorry tmi coming) I have had a baseball but wedged up my bum. My hoohar hurts and I genuinly just feel all achy below. Ahhhhhhh the joys. in 4 months time I am sure I will be thinking it was alllllll worth it Tounge1.gif

Edited by Bigmum, 15 August 2011 - 12:02 PM.

#15 ELJC

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:10 PM

Hi everyone, I was hoping to be able to join in and hear some stories from others in similar situations.

I have 2 beautiful children, my oldest was just over 2 months premmie, my second was born full term at 38 weeks, I've also had 9 miscarriages.

We had decided to give up TTC and I started a new job 3 weeks ago, but as luck would have it I have just found out I am pregnant after TTC on and off for the last 4 years. I'm not sure how many weeks I am but will see my OB and find out tommorrow.

I am wondering if anyone else has used aspirin and clexane injections with success, as this is what we have decided to trial this pregnancy.

#16 CallHimSmith

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:45 PM

Welcome ELJC waves.gif I haven't been on asprin or clexane (sp?) injections but I know some of the other girls have so hopefully they can give you some advice. Good luckwith your OB - let us know how you go

Chocmud - sorry you're not feeling good. I hope the spotting is a one off!

Jen - We will miss you in PAM but am so excited to join you in PAM GRADS group VERY soon!!!!

Bigmum - I read your post and agree that people certainly went into attack mode quickly!! I've learnt not to post in any of those forums any more because even the most well meaning question gets made into something bad bbighug.gif

Mama - don't feel bad about not crying. I have some days where I am so matter of fact about the baby and then I fell guilty for not being more excited. You know what you're doing this time around so those little things probably don't have as much impact

athnessa - hope work goes well today biggrin.gif

MrsNorthman - good luck with NT scan today. I still hold my breath every time I have a scan and in the early weeks I was nearly beside myself before every appointment. Let us know how you go

Kate-Ko - Woot woot! on the count down to the end!

AFM - wow - very impressed that I managed proper personals for once!

Spent last night up on the labour ward as I was having lots of tummy pains (tightenings/BH) and had a mucous-y loss the night before. The did a trace for 2 hours and bub was good. Showed that I was having contractions but nothing major (glad I'm not just imagining it!!) OB came in a did a swab to see if I wwould go into labour in the next 7 days and got the all clear so was able to come home.

Made me realise that I need to get a little bit organised and pack a hospital bag. I am on meds for a few medical conditions so need to take them to hospital with me as well as other labour stuff. Gotta get a bag but will just start making a pile of things so I can at least instruct DH to grab the 'pile'

Think it made DH realise baby is not that far away either. He is going to get the car seat organised in the next few weeks which is good.

Sorry for the mamoth essay!

Smith x

#17 Bigmum

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

hey smith! Wow...maybe you should have a bag ready soon hey? my theory is when dd2 was born at 33 weeks, she didnt need clothes (hospital supplied gowns until be bought premmie clothes- our choice).
But I had nothing. I didnt have time to think about me, I hadnt done the washing so as I've said before dh was left with the responsibility of buying the kitchen sink for me. Bless him.

I have just bought all my hospital clothes online today (sing a pore doesnt sell mammoth size clothing). So will wash them when I receive them, and pack them straight away. Just in case. You never know, but I want to be prepared original.gif

Take care have good days all.

ps, welcome eljc, I was on progesterone (is that another version of clexane?) and it seemed to help this time, only 1 bleed for me @ 8 weeks.

#18 Mamabug

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:54 PM

MrsNorthman - hope the scan went well.

Jen - we love you as well.

ELJC - we can help...my brain just isn't working at the moment, so I shall sit out this first round of advice   original.gif We had set a TTC deadline of the end of last year - our BFP was Christmas Day! (Edited to add: the point of mentioning this is I can understand how a BFP can come as a surprise when you resign yourself. Also, our #1 was IVF and the rest weren't...so that was a surprise as well!!)

Smith - you just want to be next...don't you!! (And that is sooooooo seriously fine by me!!!!!!) Start packing, my girl!

Bigmum - we call family too, and then do a broadcast text, which includes family as we send a pic as well. But we call family first.

AFM - my tradie woes continue. But I think he will be back on Wednesday to fix certain aspects. Has fixed some stuff already...and has a bucket-load of excuses for other stuff. So, Mr Tradie and Himself and I will be dealing with it on-site Wednesday morning. Baby Bug will just have to wait until Tradie-gate is resolved.

Cause I really need this right now.

But the trip to the new house went well - although a 400km round trip was the absolute limit of my physical endurance.

Edited by Mamabug, 15 August 2011 - 04:17 PM.

#19 key4

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

Hi ELJC congrats I am on aspirin but not Clexane I was the ACA (the antibody that effects clotting) negative so did not need heparin. Clexane is an unfractionated heparin (i.e lots of different molecule sizes) that is used to thin the blood.  Blood thinning can be necessary in pregnancy as there is a theory that tiny clots in the placenta lead to insufficiency and possibly miscarriage. After 3 MC in a row the aspirin has got me to 18 weeks so I think it works original.gif

bigmum I hope you are ok after your roasting and glad all well with sister how are the pains now.

Goodness that is all I can remember.

Those with scans hope they went well

#20 MrsNorthman

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! *HUMUNGOUS happy dance*

I walked into sonographers and burst into tears before she even did anything so she grabbed everything and checked heartbeat straight away - which was good!  NT test perfect - very very low risk and baby dancing and sucking thumb and waving and kicking!

Have been crying all afternoon!  Thank you girls...thanks so much!

#21 key4

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

Congrats mrs northman

#22 Mamabug

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

MrsNorthman -  eexcite.gif eexcite.gif eexcite.gif   Yup. That about sums it up!!!! Glad to hear all went well.

#23 Neko NoNo

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

fantastic news Mrs Northman! So happy for you  ddance.gif

#24 MrsNorthman

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

thanks chicks...am so happy...alternating between smiling and crying...lol

#25 athnessa

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

Congratulations Mrs Northman! That's wonderful news.  eexcite.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.