Pregnancy After Miscarriage ~ #44

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic

#51 Mamabug

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

A pink Oreo!!!

At least you can narrow down the naming dilema!!

I believe Sage and Tarragon were popular choices today..... wwhistle.gif

#52 Bigmum

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

aw df. is that grandmother your mum or dh's?? Pffft. stupid cow!

YAY so glad all is well. I was worried about you. But glad to hear about your princess! So far that is two boys and two girls for this group I know of 9and maybe a third boy for mama...I'm sure her dream was highly inaccurate Tounge1.gif )
Do you have any ds's?
Take care and rest and I hope all ocntinues to go well with oreo original.gif

#53 Caramel Latte

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Bigmum @ 16/08/2011, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aw df. is that grandmother your mum or dh's?? Pffft. stupid cow!

Believe it or not its my mother (childrens grandmother).

#54 Neko NoNo

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

Michelle- love the name! Grace is just lovely and I've had a very special young man in my life since I was kid called Lindsay. Great name

Mama- musically you are a little strange. As for no one wanting to look at your hoohar, well...I'm sorry about the hospital situation. I hope you don't have to pay that excess now, or is it way too late for that? Early discharge?

ELJC- welcome. I hope your stay is long and boring

Jens- fantastic numbers!

Jen- wub.gif

Aussie- did you bake as part of your domestic goddess duties? I love baking!I'm 10 weeks to go tomorrow. I can't wait

Kuta! waves.gif

DF- save the best news for last. A girl! how lovely. I am so glad she is doing well. Please take care of yourself and send mother far, far away

AFM- not much going on. My boobs are back and I'm pretty happy about it, except that one is already cracking. I had no idea that could happen before there is a baby latched on. It remains to be seen what this all means. 10 days left of work!

#55 Caramel Latte

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Mamabug @ 16/08/2011, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A pink Oreo!!!

At least you can narrow down the naming dilema!!

I believe Sage and Tarragon were popular choices today..... wwhistle.gif

yer I was reading that ... but agree least narrowed down the naming dilema. One name we agreed on so far but still not jumping out at me so its back to drawing board.

#56 CallHimSmith

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:23 PM

Yay DF!! So happy everything is perfect with your pink Oreo!

Mama - so you may be slowly going insane but I do love your song. What is with these OBs not wanting to look at our Hoo-hars???

Hi everyone else waves.gif

AFM - sorry, am jumping straight into 'me, me, me' mode blush.gif

So baby has seriously dropped. He feels so low that he just might fall out. Pressure on my bladder is insane & making me need to pee every 5 mins but often nothing more than a trickle (so must be the pressure, no UTI cos was checked on Sunday)

Still having greeny/yellow mucous globs and tummy is rock hard. Never felt this hard before it's insane!

I have a feeling baby might be trying to make an early entry to the world and not want to wait for his eviction/induction date. Conceivably he could be born in 5/6 weeks!

Does this all sound normal-ish to you guys?

#57 Mamabug

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

Smith - so at this rate, you're next on the list!! Woo-hoo....

#58 CallHimSmith

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Mamabug @ 16/08/2011, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Smith - so at this rate, you're next on the list!! Woo-hoo....

Excuse me Miss MamaBug but there is no denying it. You are gonna have to pop that baby out and soon  tongue.gif

Does the stuff I'm having sound like pre-labour? It's so hard to know being first pregnancy! ddoh.gif as much as I would love him to be born and have this pregnancy finished I know he has to keep baking a bit longer  wink.gif

Edited by CallHimSmith, 16 August 2011 - 09:49 PM.

#59 Bigmum

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:29 AM

Sorry df. I really didn't mean to call your mum a cow :-( hormones... Your post made me a bit irate (too close to home)

Hi smiffy! Mama is next and she is in more than enough denial lol!!
Your mucous stuff sounds like either way- alot of gross discharges are pregnancys fault- but could be a sign. I supposedly had lost my plug with dd1, and the only discharge I had had was green- but in saying that, I also get that through all my pregnancies.
My babys always feel low and like dropping out- but I don't remember dd1 feeling like that. Only pregnancies after hers.
Sorry, clear as mud :-)

Edited by Bigmum, 17 August 2011 - 12:37 AM.

#60 Caramel Latte

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (Bigmum @ 17/08/2011, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry df. I really didn't mean to call your mum a cow :-( hormones... Your post made me a bit irate (too close to home)

No need for sorry (especially if you knew what she said) because I have been thinking it. Not the 1st time she has done this but it is just not the right time, really needed support right now (tho again not surprised she doesnt give any).... DH is annoyed at me as "She hasnt changed so why let it upset me so much?".... to tell you the truth she is one of the reasons we are moving to Sydney.

#61 Mamabug

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:44 AM

I need a hug.

Mr Tradie has come back this morning. I feel awful because I yelled at him. He kept talking over me and walking away while I was talking. I ended up bellowing "do not walk away while I am talking to you".

He kept walking all over the place so I was following at one point he really barred up and said "fine I'll get off your property, blah, blah, and went to push past me. I put my hand up to his shoulder to stop him.

And that was the point he told me if I touched him again I would be charged with assault.

He was deliberately goading me and Himself, he was making "call Fair Trading, Council, certifying authority" threats, and generally it has been very unpleasant.

He is coming back to move the tanks. And then I will pay the balance and make a complaint to Fair Trading about dealing with him so other people who look him up may think twice.

#62 Neko NoNo

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:48 AM

hhugs.gif poor mama. what a nasty person. i hope it is all over very soon so you don't have to deal with him again.

#63 Mamabug

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

Fear not Kate, I won't be dealing with him again. And I shall ensure everyone I know won't deal with him - he is not a tradesman to recommend.

I have my mum coming up as I don't want to be here alone with him on the property. And I have even locked the front screen door - unheard of in this part of the world. sad.gif

#64 Caramel Latte

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:08 AM

Sorry to hear the issues with the tradesman is still continuing Mumabug hope things are sorted so you dont need to see him to much longer. Tad sad you have had to go to those lengths in your own home - bbighug.gif

AFM: Now we have gone from financially set to stuffed as have told work they are not worth the stress (ok not those terms but along those lines)!! DH said it was the only way we were going to reduce my stress levels (as per OBS instructions). But wish I could've found something else first.

#65 Mamabug

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

DF - you can now look for something else without the added burden of dealing with your former employees. It will come. Don't forget to look at any and all government assistance you may be eligible for when it comes to the job hunt.

#66 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:22 AM

hhugs.gif Mama, what a nasty piece of work that tradie is  mad.gif

Great scan news DF, rest up now OK?

#67 Bigmum

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:09 PM

Mama... you poor thing. To have him do that at 9 months pregnant too. sad.gif
good idea getting your mum around.

DF, I am sure your body will appreciate the rest from stress. So glad your dh is so supportive of you- he sounds like mine "she'll be right" kinda fellow.
Are you eligible for any kind of payment from centrelink like disability or anything? they would probably take into account your income for the last few months and then make you no eligible anyway.
Fingers crossed your plans continue to progress not hindered too much by stress xx

#68 Mamabug

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:53 PM

Tradie is gone. Never to return. I have made the payment because he actually (to the best of my knowlege) did the job we contracted him to do.

He didn't talk to me at all apart from one or two very terse sentences - that's fine by me.

My mum has had lunch and headed home, so I can now have a shower and take myself off to bed because today was supposed to be rest day.

I am so glad I have low blood pressure!! Yesterday's reading was my highest ever over 4pgs of 115/60!!! Don't want to think about what it would have been earlier today, but at least with it being low normally, even elevated it would have been within "normal" range!!

#69 athnessa

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:53 PM

Mamabug - that's terrible.  What an awful person!  I hope you are ok, and make sure you report him to the authorities.  That is the best way to get even!

DF - congrats on the baby girl and so glad to hear that everything is all ok, after the terrible week you've had.  Sounds like the right idea to quit the job, your health and that of the baby is what's important.

Michelle - also congratulations for your baby girl.

Smith - sorry, I can't help with the pre-labour signs.  Hopefully that baby stays put for at least a few more weeks.

Jens1607 - I hope your scan goes well today.

Aussie - I hope you didn't overdo it being a domestic goddess.  I will have to learn that soon as my cleaning lady has today announced she is giving up cleaning at the end of the month.

Chocmud - How is the m/s?  

Hello to everyone else I have missed.  I hope you are all feeling well.

AFM: hanging in here.  Feeling some kind of weird cramping feelings, not sure how to explain it.  Not painful, just uncomfortable.  Feeling slightly nauseous at various times of the day, but no full on m/s.  I think I have pregnancy brain, or lack of it, I went out of the office yesterday and realised I had forgotten my handbag, then later went to take money from the ATM and almost walked away without the cash!!  I have my scan scheduled for next Thursday afternoon.  My OB gave me the referral, but my GP has given me a referral to another place which she says is better.  I don't know whether to try and book there instead and cancel the other place, or just stick with the booking.  The place I am going to I went for a scan during my last miscarriage, so it has bad memories for me and I don't recall the staff being particularly kind or sympathetic in my circumstances, so perhaps I should try the other place.  Of course, I might not get in on such short notice now.

#70 Mamabug

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

athness - I would try the other place and see if you can get in. You don't need to have memories gnawing at you.

When I was having suspected m/c with #1, I was at our local emergency department. When she was 12 months I had to take her to hospital and I used the bathroom. As soon as I sat down everything came rushing back and I just sat in there and sobbed, remembering how terrified I was. You don't need that at a happy time of seeing your little bub.

#71 CallHimSmith

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (Mamabug @ 17/08/2011, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I was having suspected m/c with #1, I was at our local emergency department. When she was 12 months I had to take her to hospital and I used the bathroom. As soon as I sat down everything came rushing back and I just sat in there and sobbed, remembering how terrified I was. You don't need that at a happy time of seeing your little bub.

Totally agree yyes.gif at. My hospital they have these lovely big chairs that sit and look out the window over the trees. We sat there while I filled in the paperwork to consent to my d&c. I can't even walk past it without holding my breath and I will never sit there again. I know it may sound silly but those sorts of things stick with you sad.gif

BBL

Xx

ETA - mrsCarmen used to be in this group didn't she? I saw a post of hers and she has a ticker saying she is 4wks pregnant!! maybe another one coming back to join us cclap.gif

Edited by CallHimSmith, 17 August 2011 - 01:07 PM.

#72 Mamabug

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

Ooooh - shall pop into PAM Grads and stalk for MrsCarmen news. She was one of the earlier PAM graduates.

#73 Bigmum

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

i know the reminder stays with you hey?  When i had ds I was taken to hospital in an ambulance. Now everytime I see an ambulance (but its mostly the ones with flashing lights that bother me) I nearly cry. Even here in sg.

Emotion/pregnancy/and babies cause alot of memories.

#74 Mamabug

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

Its true, its true!!! MrsCarmen is pg again!!!!! original.gif original.gif original.gif original.gif

#75 jens1607

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

Afternoon All,

Mama - I hope your getting some rest now that the terrible tradie has gone.  What a aweful man!!

athnessa - I totally agree with Mama.  I still can't get the memories out of my head when they told me that my baby was sick in December.  The lady I saw today was just wonderful and explained everything (she was at my OBs office).  No need to put yourself through those memories again.

DF - Glad your scan went well and congrats on your little girl.  I also agree with everyone else, talk to Centrelink and I'm sure they could help you out in some way.  Glad you have got rid of that extra stress.  

Hi everyone else waves.gif

Well I had my scan this morning and everything looked excellent.  Bub was measuring at 6wks+3 but I knew it would be less than my dates.  Heartbeat was 120 beats per minute and measures 0.68cm (how cute).  So my due date is easter Sunday!! We might have a little easter bundle!!

Kate can you please add me to the list:

Due date: 8th April 2012
Other details: 1 angel baby December 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.