IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG #9

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#101 dreamstoreality

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:53 AM

Hi, so I just wanted to update.

I just got off the phone a few minutes ago from our Nurse.

7 eggs were suitable to inseminate, out of those 7 only 3 made it to fertilisation.

If I have any left they are going to do a day 3 transfer - Saturday, I don't know if that is a good thing or not.

That means that I won't be going away tomorrow night for my girls weekend, but that is ok.

I don't know how to feel. I just rang DH in tears as this is the worst we have done and I feel like a failure. My eggs are not good enough.

ddown.gif  nno.gif  This whole thing sux.

#102 mitchp

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

DTR  bbighug.gif

After seeing DP so shut down after the last EPU of only having 1 emby suitable for transfer, I feel your pain. You are not a failure. You are stronger than you know, just by continuing to be on the IVF journey.

Try and be positive - it only takes one.

Fingers and toes are crossed for your transfer on Saturday x

#103 dreamstoreality

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

Well DH and I ended up back at the hospital today as I was in excrutiating pain.

I rang Nurse on call and they said get to emergency straight away so i rang DH as he works near home and said get here asap. He did. Bless him.

I rang FN to let her know and she said to come there first as it may be OHSS and they needed to check, they are also next door to an emergency department.

I had bloods and then fainted shrug.gif that rarely happens. I then had an internal ultrasound and had two women do it, it was a busy room. My ovaries are enlarged but not massively.

So I went back to see the FN and they got the surgeon who collected my eggs yesterday, he is lovely. He asked so many questions and did so many tests.

The pain in my tummy was out of this world. I couldn't even stand and I was doubled over in pain.  He Dr said that he thinks it is both the gastro that I've had since Saturday (which I'm well over) and the egg collection, so I'm not allowed to go to work tomorrow either.  Thank god they gave me a sick bag for the drive home. DH was driving with his head out the window so he didn't start as we couldn't share the bag.

They are now suggesting to wait for a day 5 transfer depending on how I feel tomorrow and then on Saturday. The FS said that if the embie is going to not survive in culture, then it won't in my womb anyway.

I don't know - I've never had a day 3 transfer. Honestly, I don't think any of them will make it this time anyway, but maybe they are touch little embies and will prove me wrong. I hope so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.