IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG #9

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#26 halby

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

Hi all am holding everything crossed for you ladies in the 2ww. I cant wait to see some + results.

afm, well am waiting until October. My results via accupuncture are showing a poor lutheal phase with temps not rising enough so we want to fix that. So back on gluten free and even dairy free fro 2 weeks. So far so good. One week into it and am hoping this helps me shed the kilos quicker too.

#27 minidiamond

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:32 AM

Libra, thinking of you today, I hope AF has stayed away & you can have your final pregnyl & get that BFP!

Halby, hi,good to see you again - October will come around really quickly (scary in some ways in terms of how time is flying by) - I hope you feel better all round for the gluten-free regime and you can get the luteal phase sorted.

MissM, congrats on the new job ! I have to say, having a diversion from this process is probably the best thing that can happen, so if you can direct your attention & positive emotion into another area of life for a while, that's not a bad thing at all.

Mitchp, glad you guys had a nice time away, makes such a difference. Probably not long now until DP can have that transfer & you'll be back in the 2ww.  Good luck ! I hope you are both going well.

Hi to everyone else...

Thank you again to everyone who posted kind words of support.  I am feeling relatively normal, if a little fat at the moment, it's all a bit strange.  I almost feel like the procedures with no result or procedures to 'fix' something are now just the norm, so don't have as deep an impact as they did at first.  Almost feels like I should be grieving more but when I spoke to the counsellor about this, she just encouraged me to feel what I feel.  I can't force myself grieve any more or less.  I think the thing I am avoiding big time is starting to entertain the idea of just never having children - and that's where I might come crashing down.  Anyway, each day as it comes.  

I spoke to FS on Friday, my HCG had not dropped a huge amount so he thinks a natural mc might take a little longer than we want it to - so he booked me in for a D&C for Friday.  sad.gif

#28 librablonde

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

Hi all,

Liltuss- maybe a D&C is the best option so you can move on more quickly? Or maybe not. It sucks either way:( I hope you're ok and I've been thinking a lot about you lately. I wish there was an easier option for you. xoxox

AFM- well, I'm having my last Pregnyl shot today, on CD27. I'm sure this FET will be  BFN as the whole cycle has been so weird. I usually have a 26 days cycle. My FS gave me a Trigger on DC17 b/c my body was ready to ovulate but it just kept not actually happening. I had the FET on CD20. I'm having a final Pregnyl today on CD27. So surely this can't work, right? Even if the Pregnyl extends my cycle to 32+ days, surely CD20 is way too late to do a FET?? I don't know, it's all weird and I'm strangely blasé about it all.... I guess we'll see.....

Baby dust to us all xoxox

#29 minidiamond

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:18 PM

Libra, difficult to compare different cycles I know - but I have SOMEWHAT regular cycles, usually around 30 days but have been known to have 28 & 34-35.  

I had an FET on CD20 and got my BFP back in Feb.
This FET was on CD17 and got the BFP too.

So you just never know ....

Edited by Liltuss, 27 August 2011 - 12:30 PM.

#30 librablonde

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

Thanks Liltuss, that's actually good to hear. Hmmm, I'll just keep on keeping on and hope I get lucky again. Maybe, maybe.....
bbighug.gif

#31 minidiamond

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (librablonde @ 27/08/2011, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Liltuss, that's actually good to hear. Hmmm, I'll just keep on keeping on and hope I get lucky again. Maybe, maybe.....
bbighug.gif

Sorry LB, I actually got it wrong - just checked.  I was thinking of my O day, not transfer.
I had Feb transfer on CD25  ohmy.gif and got BFP
July transfer on CD20 and got BFP

#32 librablonde

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

Ugh, bright red watery spotting started this morning. Crap. cry1.gif

#33 minidiamond

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:29 AM

Oh s**t libra I hope its not AF. You never know !!!! Hang in there sweetie.

#34 mitchp

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:33 AM

Hey all... well here we go again! DP had her scan today - FS thinks she will be due for a FET next Friday which is exciting for us:) DP has recently resigned her position and is moving to a less stressful job so we're hoping this will be the factor in her falling pregnant.

The transfer next week will be our last frozen embryo (out of the 2 that fertilised) so we're hoping, wishing and praying...

Good luck all

#35 librablonde

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

Hi all,

well, I had that spotting a couple of days ago and it stopped soon after I last posted. Haven't had any since and my HPT's are showing a faint positive, but that may still be the Pregnyl. I'm not getting excited at all yet, just very cautious. It could be another chem preg, or the Pregnyl giving a false +, or something else. So I'll keep testing until my offical testing day on this Monday, and if it's + then I'll get a BT that day to see if my HCG is really low again like last time....... hands.gif  hands.gif  hands.gif  hands.gif

Mitchp- Good to hear you're both back in the game. Good luck for Friday original.gif

Liltuss- I've been thinking of you today with your D&C. I really hope you're ok and have lots of support around you xoxoxo

Halby- good to hear you're still enjoying acupuncture. I bet you're feeling cleansed and fighting fit being dairy/gluten free. My mum lost a fair amount of weight doing that, too.

Miss Matilda- how are you?

A big Hi to everyone else original.gif

#36 minidiamond

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:38 PM

Good luck Libra  ! That is positive news ..... only a few sleeps until BT. hands.gif

I am resting at home after D&C, it wasn't too bad all things considered.  I suppose I was prepared for what to expect after having been through it before.

Rest, recovery and relaxation is on the cards for me for the next few weeks.

Hi to everyone else...

#37 Deb37

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:34 AM

Hi All

I've always been impatient but this 2WW thing is really driving me nuts.  Transfer was 9 days ago, I took a HPT at 5 days (which was stupid) then one yesterday and one this morning and they are all negative.  Intellectually I know that it doesn't mean anything until the BT but it is disappointing.  Especially as my breasts really hurt and are twice the size, I feel so fat and I'm so sleepy and forgetful - is this because of the drugs or am I projecting these symptoms because I want this so much?  It's going to be a long wait until Friday.  unsure.gif

As this is my first, I've unwisely told some of my closest friends and family.  Everytime I talk to them now it's "So how are you?" which is fine but the "oh that's a sure sign you are" isn't too helpful if I'm not.  Sigh.

It is really wonderful though to be able to share with other women who are going through the same thing.  I think it would be really hard without help.
Have a great week.

#38 Deb37

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:37 AM

Pink spotting this morning when I woke up....10dp3dt - I haven't had any since (woke at 4am).  Should I be worried?

#39 librablonde

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

Welcome Deb73-hopefully your spotting is just implantation bleeding. The Long Haulers are are great group of ladies, I'm sure you'll get lots of support here.

Liltuss- how are you feeling today? Are you at work of having a day off work?

Mitchp- good luck with the FET on Friday. Hopefully your DP will do well with less stress in her life this time round.

AFM- well.............I'm trying not to go crazy but...... BFP.gif  ddance.gif BFP!! My BT this morning showed 653 Hcg, and if the embie sticks then I have a u/s with my FS on 20th Sept. So I'm trying to keep myself contained, but I did just go out and spend $$$$$$$$ at Coles and then bought a brand new Miele vacuum original.gif And I bawled my eyes out when the nurse from my clinic called me with the Hcg results blush.gif
Gottta take a deep breath.....a deep breath.......

Edited by librablonde, 05 September 2011 - 12:55 PM.

#40 Miss Matilda

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:15 PM

Hi Everyone,

Libra - I am so estatic for you....I nearly fell of my chair with joy when I read your last post. biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif ....Yay!! Thats so fantastic.

Liltuss - You have been in my thoughts & I hope you are managing to get quite a bit of rest after your D & C. Plenty of tim tams & trashy mags at close hand to help out. hugs to you!!

Deb 37 - I have found this forum to be an amazing help to me. You can talk about anything you would normally keep to yourself & for me my DP. Has there been any further progression?  

MitchP - Sending so many positive thoughts to you & hope your FET goes well. All that sunshine from your holiday has got to help. I bet you are both feeling very relaxed.

The last few weeks have been absolutely hectic. After quitting my job I have been nothing but frantic busy since. Just trying to finish everything up & get my head around starting a new position. Not sure that my next job is going to be less stressful but a change is as good as a holiday right? I am having 2 weeks off in between finishing & starting so I can relax a little. I am also starting to plan my wedding. DP & I are getting married in April next year. Very exciting & another nice distraction.

I have 2 frosties left & I am thinking that it might be best to take a break fro a couple of months. I think we will try again in January. Then if I do get a BFP I will only be about 12ish weeks at the wedding. I have had 5 fails now & I am really starting to worry.....I am really worried about it ever working. I am also starting to be a little down on myself & keep wondering whats wrong with me....There are no answers I know. I just hate the waiting!! I am ok & know I have plenty going on in my life to keep me busy!! Happy about that!!

Thinking of you all. hugs rolleyes.gif

Miss M xx

#41 Deb37

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

Libra - that is fantastic news!  Congratulations!  Really, really fantastic news.  Sending the stickiest of thoughts to your new inhabitant :-)

Miss Matilda - thank you for checking in.  Nothing more than pink spots this morning at 4am.  Running to the bathroom every hour, on the hour, due to the amount of water I'm guzzling.  Still sore, feeling emotionally pretty good - probably because I'm currently eating organic macadamia ice cream :-)  FN said Thursday earliest for a BT but Friday would be better.  One day closer almost :-)

#42 minidiamond

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

Oh my goodness libra !!!!!! That is awesome news how exciting for our little group !!! Very nice Hcg level !!!!  Keeping everything crossed for you for the scan and beyond.

Congrats hunny bunch !!

Edited by Liltuss, 05 September 2011 - 05:17 PM.

#43 dreamstoreality

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:14 PM

Hi everyone sorry I've been MIA for a few months.

Libra - congratulations on your BFP! Such wonderful news. I wish you all the very best.

Lituss - I'm so sorry to hear about what you have been through and I hope you are recovering well and just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you.

Hi to everyone else. I look forward to catching up on all the goings on in the next few days.

As for us, DH and I are starting injections again on Wednesday night to try our 3rd stim cycle, 2nd time around after having to cancel our cycle back in July and never having had any frosties.

I think if we are unsuccessful this time, we will take a few months off again and start fresh in the new year.

Take care everyone.

#44 dreamstoreality

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:15 PM

wink.gif Duplicate post removed - sorry guys

Edited by dreamstoreality, 05 September 2011 - 09:27 PM.

#45 dreamstoreality

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:15 PM

Duplicatre post removed - sorry

Edited by dreamstoreality, 05 September 2011 - 09:26 PM.

#46 Deb37

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

Regarding HPT, DH asked me to take one this morning.  He's as excited and impatient as I am tongue.gif  We saw a very, very faint positive pink line.  It was so faint that if I hadn't taken one on Saturday and knew the difference between negative and positive, I wouldn't even be asking this question.  The question being - does the amount of pregnancy hormone alter the strength of the pink line?  Another long day wait.  BT on Friday - bring on Friday!

#47 librablonde

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

Hi all,
well, I woke up fine and then started heavy spotting and have passed a few clots today. The blood is bright red, no brown or pink. I'm feeling gutted. Having another hcg bt tomorrow morning but not feeling hopeful.

Will do personals later.. just feeling too depressed right now. sad.gif

#48 Deb37

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:08 PM

Not sure what to say Libra which would help you feel better - I'm thinking and praying for you.   Suggesting you don't worry until tomorrow would be futile - maybe someone could give you a nice foot rub or buy you some chocolates or even a flower.  Take care of you.

#49 minidiamond

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

Libra just sit tight sweetie. Thinking of you.

#50 First One

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:32 PM

Libra, just ducking in to say hang in there.  I had a bright red bleed at 6wks that was exactly like AF but things were fine.  My fingers will stay crossed for you - your HCG figures are great so don't lose hope.

Liltuss - still lurking to keep an eye on you and sending you masses of hugs - it's really just not fair.

Hi to everyone else - my fingers, toes and everything else remain crossed for you all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.