IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG #9

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#76 dreamstoreality

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

Hi Libra

Yes I'll be doing the Orgalutran and Gonal F.  I go through moments on these meds, sometimes I feel that they actually even me out and I feel on top of the world - other times I can't see the sunshine through the clouds.

CountryMel, I hope you are ok. We have definitely all had times like that. Just when we think we are getting on top of the feelings and emotions and dealing with everyone else who has success it's like a bomb goes off and you are back to square one.

Big big hugs to you. I actually felt that I was right there beside you.

There is nothing worse when you want something so bad and it seems to be happening to everyone else bar you.

Take care all xo

#77 Deb37

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

Sorry

Edited by Deb37, 11 September 2011 - 08:20 AM.

#78 minidiamond

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:37 PM

Deb that is wonderful news congrats !! Don't read too much into Hcg levels, doubling is the key.

I really do mean congratulations, despite doing a cajillion transfers myself and doing it tough (as plenty of others have), not once have I "resented" anyone getting a BFP - my philosophy on TTC is all kinds of things happen to all kinds of people in the journey of life, and for some of us, maybe a baby - or maybe another baby - or whatever - just isn't destined to happen.

All of that said - I won't beat around the bush either. I know EB is a little confusing when you first join, but please just take a little time to read the pinned section for buddy groups and be sensitive about whether your situation might be the right 'fit' for a particular group.  You might not have felt the need for the "band aid" preface to your BFP had you realized this section is actually for those who've has multiple cycles. Doesn't help either that  EB has done a good job of hiding the buddy group explanation for this one - it's
"IVF Multiple Cycles and the longhaul BG (currently living in AC-Primary Infertility)
This group is for the AC 'Veterans'. A veteran shall be defined as someone who has had multiple failed IVF/infertility cycles and/or losses and no living children."

Wishing you all the luck in the world for this one to be super sticky, and an uneventful 8 months.

Anyway everybody possibly now thinks I'm a complete cow but it's probably a sign i need to take another break from EB.  I'm still bleeding after D&C 8 days ago & don't think I'll be able to move on until that stops.

Libra, I'll be checking in quietly so see how you're going and a hi and a hug to countrymel, I had a cry when I read your post.

Hi to everyone else and good luck, see you when I'm back (hopefully in a DIG somewhere)

Edited by Liltuss, 12 September 2011 - 12:57 PM.

#79 librablonde

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:03 PM

Wow- what happened while I was gone?? Deb- I take it you got a BFP? If so, then a big congrat's to you and I hope it all goes well eexcite.gif .
Liltuss- I didn't see Deb's post before it was deleted, but I hope you're ok. I'll so miss you on this forum, but I understand needing to take a step back and regroup. Are you still bleeding today? Does that normally happen with a D&C? I wish I could give you a big hug right now. Lots and lots of love to you, hun xoxo

Mitchp- I guess you're taking some time out too. You're in my thoughts xoxo

A big hi to DTR and Countrymel and everyone else.

AFM- still bright red bleeding after 6 days...... more than spotting, less than heavy flow. Will just keep hoping everything turns out ok......

#80 cheshire_cat

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

I just wanted to pop in and lend my support to what Liltuss has said.

As one of the earlier members of this group I do think it is really important that there are at least some boundaries set. There is a specific group called 'Ready, Set Go' for those who are just starting out in IVF- it's a lovely, supportive group of people. It shouldn't be that hard for people to figure out which group is appropriate for them. Otherwise what's the point of having these BGs?

I do think it's great that everyone at all stages of the AC process can share their thoughts & experiences etc, but I thought that's what the 'general' board was for.

Sorry I know I always seem to be making Grinch-y comments these days but just wanted to second Liltuss' comments.

#81 Feral-as-Meggs

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:03 PM

Just wanted to say I agree with CC.    

#82 dreamstoreality

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

Hi all

I just wanted to touch base to see how everyone is doing?

Libra, how are you going? Has your bleeding stopped yet? I hope so and that you are feeling ok. Have you got another BT coming up?

Deb, I know you may have accidently joined the wrong buddy group, but a massive congratulations for your BFP.

Have been thinking about everyone and hoping this week brings a little bit of sunshine for all of us.

AFM, I am currently injecting twice a day (Orgalutran in the AM and Gonal F in the PM). Feeling foul and my poor tummy looks like a bruised pin cushion! I can't wait for Wednesday to see how my eggs are coming along.  I hope they are growing and I have some good numbers in there. Wednesday cannot come quick enough.

We had a friend's son's christening yesterday and that was quite hard as there was 15 children there and they were all completely adorable which made me sad, but detrmined too!

#83 mitchp

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:25 AM

Hey all, just wanted to check in.

Liltuss - I hope all is getting better for you after your D & C - massive hugs to you.

DTR - good luck for this cycle - hoping you get a good amount of quality eggs tomorrow on the scan.

Others - all the best for this month.

Us - we are plodding along! I've started anti-depressants which I hope will kick in sometime soon and help me with my massive mood swings. DP is doing well and we commence 2 x needles/injections possibly next week (first day of her AF). DP has also said she wouldn't mind doing a post on my blog from her perspective so that will be interesting:)

Good luck to all x

#84 Miss Matilda

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

Hi All,

Libra - How are you? Are you levels still increasing? I have been reading through all your updates & you have been through enough already without the stress of waiting & wondering at a high stress time. Glad you fam have been able to help you.

Liltuss - I know you are taking a break & I understand compleatly. I didn't see Deb37's comment prior to having it removed but I know it is a complete challenge to even be smiley for someone elses BFP. I agree that you have to check where you blog prior to starting.

Halby - Thanks for thinking of me & understanding

MitchP - Good luck with starting your next cycle. Hopefully once your over the first 2 weeks of starting your pills it helps you settle in your thoughts a little. I was on them about 2 years ago for a while & know it helped me a lot. It just takes a while to adjust. Looking forward to reading your DP's perspective

Dreamstoreality - Good luck with your scan for Wed & looking forward toi hearing how many little embys you have waiting for you

Hi everyone else..... biggrin.gif

AFM - I have had a lovely weekend up the central coast in New Castle visiting family. It was great to introduce my DP to all my relatives so it was a great escape. I have 2 wks off b4 I start my new job. A little nerve raking but with the year I've had I am looking forward to much rest. I was chatting with my cousin who is a midwife while I was away & she was suggesting going to another clinic & trying that option. I might just give it a go to see if it makes a difference. I am in a public clinic at present but do have PHC & might be worth it but the $$ are more the twice. I few things to think through
....I am staying positive & sending positive vibes to you all.

Miss M x

#85 librablonde

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

Hi all,

Mitchp- I'm glad to hear you're taking more steps to help your health. My brother and mum are on Zoloft and it's saved their lives (literally). So I hope the pills give you the boost you need. And with your DP starting her injections soon, it'll be an exciting time original.gif

Miss Matilda-good to hear you had a nice break. And perhaps a new clinic might be a lucky charm for you. Good luck with your new job. Looks like you've got lots of juggle and think about.

DTR- good luck for the scan tomorrow and I hope you're full of wonderful, mature follies. I understand what you mean about having to deal with kids at social functions. It used to make my tummy flip flop and a wave of sadness would hit me like a tonne of bricks when my DP's infant son would cuddle her. Even if he cuddled me, I felt the same distress. It took me ages to just get a grip and enjoy the moment. But it still catches me off-guard sometimes now ddown.gif .

A big Hi to Liltuss, Halby, Meggs, CC and others that have popped in to visit.

AFM- Well, I've been bleeding red for 7 days now, but it's started to ease off a bit. Today it's just watery red when I wipe, but yesterday I had a brief heavy downpour, so I just don't know what to think. And I won't know until my u/s next Tuesday. I've been wondering if it's an ectopic, but won't know until I get that u/s.

Baby dust to us all, ladies original.gif

#86 mitchp

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

Good luck for your u/s next week Libra - happy thoughts and baby dust are with you original.gif

#87 dreamstoreality

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:18 PM

Oh Libra, everything is still so crossed for you. I wish it were Tuesday next week for you already. It must be horrible, but we are all thinking and praying for you.

MitchP - hope you are doing ok and the meds are slowly kicking in. I myself am on Zoloft at the moment and I find them extremely effective. Whatever ones you are on, I hope they work. Not sure if you know, but they do normally take 2 weeks or more to fully kick in. If you don't feel like they are working, make sure you go back and see your GP to find something that works.

MM - I'm glad you had a wonderful break and maybe a change of clinic would be beneficial? Mine is private and the only one I've been too, so in terms of private v public, besides cost, is there any major diffrerences? Sorry if that seems like a silly question, I'm just use to how my clinic does it all.

Hello to everyone else.

I'll be sure to pop back tomorrow to let you all know how my follicles are - ATM my ovaries feel like they are ready to expload so I'm taking that as a good sign.

#88 dreamstoreality

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

Ouch, I just gave myself my gonal f injection for tonight and as soon as I had injected it all (but before i could keep the needle in for the required 10 seconds), I somehow managed to pop the needle out and scratch my skin (about 2 cm long) and it bleed for ages.

Hopefully it won't matter to much that it didn't stay in the for the 10 seconds.  unsure.gif

#89 dreamstoreality

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:38 AM

Hi am on the train on the way into work but I have 17 folicles. I have 8 on the right and 9 on the left. DH was so cute when I told him. He was in the waiting room and yelled out "what 17 really?". Then he looked around sheepishly. However they are still very small. I will be going for another ultrasound on Friday or saturday. It is looking likely that Tuesday will be egg collection with a transfer Sunday week all going well.

How are you all travelling?

Edited by dreamstoreality, 14 September 2011 - 10:32 AM.

#90 mitchp

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:39 AM

Congrats DTR- I hope they continue to grow and that the transfer is successful:)

#91 dreamstoreality

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

Thanks Mitch how are you and DP travelling today?

#92 mitchp

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:19 AM

Not too bad thanks DTR - DP's last day at work - starts less stressful job next week. Once start injections should be due for the EPU about 1 October - so fingers crossed we get a few decent ones and one actually works! Keep us posted on your follies and pick up:)

#93 dreamstoreality

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:47 AM

That's good news Mitch. Hopefully working in a less stressful environment with be helpful too.

Thinking of you and good news about being able to start injections again soon.

Will keep you updated on progress. Am already feeling ansty, I just want it over with already and to be at the end of my 2ww, unfortunately that is weeks away yet.  shrug.gif

#94 Miss Matilda

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

Thanks Dreamstoreality....I'm note really sure if there is any major differences of Public vs private. We started private but it appeared we had the same FS at both places...Bizzare really...so we thought it would be cheaper to go public.
Not sure if anyone else knows if there are many other differences other then $$ ?? I'm just umming & Arring is all!!

Miss M

#95 librablonde

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

Hi all,

things have been a bit quiet in this forum lately. How's everyone travelling?

DTR- is your EPU tomorrow? My fingers are crossed for you xoxo

Mitchp- So has your DP started injecting yet?

Miss Matilda- I have no PHI but attend a private fertility clinic. I've found that to be fine, by the time I get my rebates from Medicare, it seems to work out almost the same as if I was paying PHI premiums. I will be a public patient at my local hospital as well.

A big hi to everyone else waves.gif
AFM- well... today I had my u/s and it showed a heartbeat. O-M-G!!!!! I've still been bleeding (14 days of both heavy and very light bleeding) and last week the sonographer could see no heartbeat, so it's been a crushing week of anxiety until today. But today my FS saw the heartbeat at 110bpm and the embie is a good size. I'm dated at 6w6d, and Dr Fancyshirt feels happy about how things are going. I just hope this one sticks after such a rocky start. He officially discharged me from his clinic today. I gave him a hug, which I think he found very awkward (I didn't, I could have stood there snuggling him for ages in gratitude for all he's done), but I just had to. So I guess I'll be stepping back from the Long Haulers forum for a while, but continue to quietly stalk you all and check up on everyone. This group has been such a lifesaver for me, as have all the AC threads. I can't wait to see all of you get that BFP. Currently I'm feeling both elated and terrified that I'll m/c, I just can't seem to believe IVF might actually work for me. I guess time will tell.

Bucket loads of baby dust to us all.

xoxoxoxoxox

#96 dreamstoreality

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

Oh Libra, I'm crying for you right now hon! Congratulations, I can't believe you saw a heartbeat today that must have been the most amazing experience. I would have hung on to my FS for dear life as well.

Massive congratualtions to you and wishing you all the stickiness in the world for your baby xoxoxo.

As for me, yes we have epu tomorrow morning at 11.30am so am fasting from midnight tonight.

For any that saw my other topic the other day, I've had severe gastro since Saturday afternoon. Ive only had a little bit today but am so exhausted and slept until midday today.

I've never had such bad gastro and they were almost going to get me to go to hospital, but i've managed to stay at home. Hydralyte is a god send. On the plus side, I've lost weight! yay for me! Not the way I wanted to do it though.

Libra, I for one, really hope that you stalk and post in here, you have been such an amazing support to me, I can't imagine you not being here with me. Please stay and keep us updated on your progress. It gives us all hope that it can happen!

On Saturday morning I had another blood test and ultrasound, I have 17 follicles still and hopefully the smaller ones have now caught up.

I will keep you updated tomorrow.

#97 librablonde

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

blush.gif Awww, DTR, thanks for that. I'll still be around these parts, stalking you all. Good luck with your EPU this morning. Can wait to here the results hands.gif  hands.gif  hands.gif  hands.gif  hands.gif  hands.gif  hands.gif  
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#98 Guest_senecio_*

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:25 AM

Libra, what wonderful news after such a horrible start! original.gif I've been thinking of you and stalking you often. LOL at you hugging Dr FS. biggrin.gif I'm sure he's used to it. He phoned me to say congratulations after my positive BT and I was quite speechless and shocked and was pretty much unable to talk. I texted him later to say sorry for my awful phone manner, and thankyou. I think a hug is way more appropriate than my response! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful. You deserve it (as does everyone else here sad.gif ).

#99 mitchp

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:30 AM

Hey hey! Libra - huge congratulations to you - it's an awesome feeling seeing a heartbeat - think positive, be happy and look forward to your future with your family:)  bbighug.gif

DTR - good luck with the EPU today - 17 is a brilliant number - congrats original.gif

AFM - DP started Gonal F injections last night and we're due to start injections of Cetricide (sp?) on Sunday. It's all a go.

Both of us are refraining from alcohol during this period - not that we're big drinkers but we figure it can't hurt!

Good luck to all

#100 dreamstoreality

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

Hi all, am now home from my epu and most follicles were empty or the eggs were too small.

However, we got 8 eggs. I know I should be wrapt, but I'm not I'm hurt and tired and crumpy as I expected more and am feelign really cheated.  Not that numbers have ever meant anything to us anyway, but still. I know you all know what I mean.

So time will tell. I'll hear from the FN tomorrow as to how many fertilised and just hope and pray they are good quality.

I'll be back tomorrow to udpate. am off to bed now xo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.