Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:12 PM

Hi all

New thread for the new season

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 GWTW

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:15 PM

Watching the final two eps now on channel seven from last season. I would have forgotten all this if I hadn't watched it now!

It will be interesting to see what happens from here.

#3 SarahBelle48

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

Yeah, I'm struggling to remember what happened before it got taken off. Because it wasn't all neatly wrapped up like a season final, it was halfway through the season and then just got taken off for Winners and Losers. I remember that Rachel got offered a job overseas, and Jake just got the sexual assault charges against him dropped. Carbo and Retta were engaged. Coby got offered the apprenticeship with Dave and he let Rachel use his painting in her ad campaign. Not sure what was going on with Nathan though. Ben had a new boss I think. I hope they do a full recap of the previous action.

Looking forward to seeing the new eps though. original.gif

#4 sparkle-tiffany

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

Damn, I was hoping Jake was going to propose. I gather Rachel will not be coming back at all then?

#5 Ladeeda

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (sparkle-tiffany @ 23/08/2011, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn, I was hoping Jake was going to propose. I gather Rachel will not be coming back at all then?

Same! Ah well I suppose proposing would have been a bit predictable! Not sure if Rachel is coming back, I haven't really heard anything....hope she does though I really like her!

#6 babyblessedxo

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:51 PM

I thought there was a ring in that box as well...

I had a BIG cry!

#7 SarahBelle48

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (sparkle-tiffany @ 23/08/2011, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I thought the same thing. Totally wanted him to propose to her. I was bawling by the end though.

#8 ~JASB~

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (SarahBelle48 @ 23/08/2011, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I thought the same thing. Totally wanted him to propose to her. I was bawling by the end though.

Me too sad.gif  It was really the "love you" text to her mum that set me off in a big way cry1.gif

Edited by ~JAS~, 24 August 2011 - 07:41 AM.

#9 Natahs_mum

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:45 AM

Both Dh and l were crying....I have sooo missed this show

#10 RachH

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

I was a mess too..... cool.gif

#11 mummygirl

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:19 PM

I cried too but I thought it was my pregnancy hormones! Glad I wasn't the only one! original.gif

DH is disappointed that all the 'hot chicks' have left the show now rolleyes.gif

#12 Ange

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:35 PM

Do we know if she has definitely left the show or is she planning on returning for some more episodes?

#13 RedsGirl

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:49 PM

Great to have the Rafters back.  It is a bit weird that all the younger female leads have now gone. Sorry, but Retta still gives me the irits.  i am guessing there might be a few new girls introduced this season by way of romance for the brothers.  Looks like Tom wil be a permanent fixture too, although there is still something shifty about him - gee John Howard is a good actor though.

My fav moment was when Rachel was getting into the taxi and saying goodbye and wee Ruby was trying to give her one of those big open mouthed kisses that little ones do - so cute!

#14 Cheryl_v

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Ange @ 24/08/2011, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do we know if she has definitely left the show or is she planning on returning for some more episodes?

She's currently working on a US show so I doubt she'll have time.  They left it open for her to come back in case she didn't get US work but obviously she did.

#15 ~JASB~

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (RedsGirl @ 24/08/2011, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, but Retta still gives me the irits.  i am guessing there might be a few new girls introduced this season by way of romance for the brothers.  Looks like Tom wil be a permanent fixture too, although there is still something shifty about him - gee John Howard is a good actor though.

Agree with all of this RedsGirl!

#16 mum234

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (RedsGirl @ 24/08/2011, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My fav moment was when Rachel was getting into the taxi and saying goodbye and wee Ruby was trying to give her one of those big open mouthed kisses that little ones do - so cute!

OMG that child is adorable! I never rave about babies I see on TV, but she is so cute! Even hubby noticed that kiss and exclaimed how cute it was.

I also don't like Retta, nor do I like Tom. I just want Coby to have some peace and happiness without all the upheaval that Tom will bring. Jake reminds me of my first real boyfriend, who was also a football playing tradie with dark hair  wub.gif

#17 Ange

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:15 AM

This show losing anyone else??

The last 2 episodes for me have been very 'ho-hum' - I am VERY over the whole Tom storyline...

#18 Mini_feral

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (Ange @ 07/09/2011, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This show losing anyone else??

The last 2 episodes for me have been very 'ho-hum' - I am VERY over the whole Tom storyline...

Me too! I was just coming in to say the same thing.

It just all seems so.....mediocre. I loved it before the break but now can't put my finger on whats missing. I think it's Rachael! She was a great character.

The Tom storyline is already irritating me as well.

#19 mum234

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:21 AM

Agreed. I sat and played on my iphone while watching it last night.

#20 mards

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

ahhhhhhhhh!! so not worth watching anymore - has gone down hill very very fast!!! there are NO story lines anymore - i thought it was just me!!!

#21 Apple*Green

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (mards @ 07/09/2011, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ahhhhhhhhh!! so not worth watching anymore - has gone down hill very very fast!!! there are NO story lines anymore - i thought it was just me!!!

This is what I was thinking. I was trying to figure it out last night.

Why is Tom hiding the fact that he is seeing a lady?

#22 jules363

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

Very meh.  I used to love it, but haven't taken it up again this season.   Too many other things I want to watch...not enough tv watching hours.

#23 Heather11

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:00 PM

Why is Tom hiding the fact that he is seeing a lady?

Is she a prostitute?  Otherwise I can't see the issue either.  In fact why doesn't she stay with her?  Of course this may not be possible if she is seeing other clients.

#24 ~crackajac~

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:07 PM

I really can't get into this season at all. I am finding it quite boring. Tom annoys me too. 1st episode i turned it off and went to bed and last night I watched it on and off while on the net. ho hum sad.gif

#25 tinkster23

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

Tom is just slimy....irritates me

But yeh, the whole show is losing something..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ek-houseofmagic-thumb

Win a House of Magic prize pack

To celebrate the release of the new movie House of Magic, we have 10 double passes and magic sets to give away just in time for these school holidays. Enter Now for a chance to win!

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.