August 2011 Parent Group #1

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#51 Charmzy

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:46 PM

Hi ladies, do you mind if i join in here? Lucinda was born on August 31st so we just scrape in to this group, we were in the DIG 16- 30th september as she was due 20th sept but arrived at 37w by scheduled csect original.gif  

Edited for typos lol

Edited by MummyCharmzy, 08 October 2011 - 09:47 PM.

#52 redheeler

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:22 AM

Welcome **pinkie** & MummyCharmzy looking forward to hearing all about your bubs.
cassi8, so glad to hear that Liam is doing better. IVF Baby, wow an hour & half of walking everyday that's awesome...I really need to get more motivated & walk more, I potter around the house way too much when DS is sleeping & before you know it's feed time again.
DS had his first big sleep last night of 71/2 hours straight..I woke up in a panic as he usually only sleeps 5-6 hours max before wanting a feed. Hmm not sure if i should have woken him after 6 hours...DP was also a bit panicked too, "what about your boobs?" he said, "they're okay honey haven't exploded..yet", I said tongue.gif
DS is almost 10 weeks so hoping that he is getting enough food with such long night sleeps. He still refuses to sleep with his head on the left side & his head is misshapen so seeing a CaFHS nurse next week, I guess they'll weigh him & let me know if he's doing ok. He seems to be growing so fast to me (someone commented to me today they thought he was a 3 month old as he's so big)..I guess being a first time mum I'm a bit paranoid as to what's normal (if such a thing exists).
Hope everyone is having a good weekend !

Edited by redheeler, 16 December 2011 - 08:33 AM.

#53 IVF Baby

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:21 PM

I had a sick baby yesterday.  I tell you, it was horrible.  He had a temperature and was extremely lathargic and slept the whole day, threw up two entire feeds and couldn't keep anything down.  We ended up at the doctor at 8pm at night and home at 9, dose of panadol and feeding him 90mls every 2 hours throughout the night just to keep him hydrated.  We also reduced the strength of his formula to 2 scoops per 150 mls.  It was a long night.

Now he is up to 4 scoops and drinking his whole 150 mls, still not full strength, at 5 scoops, but we hope to get him back onto that tomorrow.

It was really really tough.  They can't tell you what is wrong and I knew he wasn't himself and really, there is not much you can do to make him feel better.  Being a first time mum, make sit harder I think.  But I guess that was the first of many nights helping him through.

I hope no one else has a sick bub!

#54 redheeler

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:42 PM

oh IVF Baby that's soo scary, hoping your LO gets well soon and you all get some much needed rest.

Being a first time mum as well I'm a bit freaked out about what to do if DS gets ill, I was just speaking to DP about it today & we decided to do a first aid course (as both of us have done no first aid training). I found one that's for babies so going to try & book into it tomorrow.

#55 IVF Baby

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:45 AM

that's a great idea.  I have my cert 2 through work.  Everyone should at least know cpr.

#56 greenthumbs

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:27 AM

IVFBaby I hope your little man is getting better and you all get some rest. What a tough time for you all.

#57 IVF Baby

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

He is back to 100%, except now today we had his 2 month injections and he is now captain grumpy!  Then again, so would I be if I had two big injections like that!

#58 cassi8

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

one handed again laughing2.gif

Oh No IVFbaby! gald to hear he has recovered. We had to take DS1 to hospital with a 40+ fever at 19 days so know that fear all too well!

Jealous Redheeler.. I'm doing well to get 2 hours at a stretch.

Rough few days here with Liam. We had to stop the thickener with constipation and it was tricky getting the dose and thickness right so will start the zantac tonight.

#59 IVF Baby

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (cassi8 @ 10/10/2011, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one handed again laughing2.gif

Oh No IVFbaby! gald to hear he has recovered. We had to take DS1 to hospital with a 40+ fever at 19 days so know that fear all too well!

Jealous Redheeler.. I'm doing well to get 2 hours at a stretch.

Rough few days here with Liam. We had to stop the thickener with constipation and it was tricky getting the dose and thickness right so will start the zantac tonight.

40+ fever - how horrible!  Glad to hear he is much improved.  If only they could tell us what was wrong

#60 cassi8

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

Indeed. It turned out he had a UTI and was in hospital for 4 more days and again at about 4 months with the same thing, gladly have not been back and none of the same issues with DS2 thankfully!

#61 greenthumbs

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:32 AM

Henry and I didn't get to sleep until 1am, but still, to wake when the sun has risen and he hasn't squawked as yet, really freaked me out! There I was hanging over the cot checking his breathing, but also trying not to wake him original.gif

Anyone elses little one seem to see things? He grins up at the ceiling or corners of rooms all the time. We do have ceiling fans but still, it's weird! Does keep him entertained sometimes though so I can make a cuppa happy.gif

#62 lola_80

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

Hi guys sorry I dont get on here anymore.. i post on the FB group all the time as its easier. I hope you are all well, especially in light of what has happened to Sarah. Its a tragic loss.

#63 IVF Baby

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (greenthumbs @ 14/10/2011, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Henry and I didn't get to sleep until 1am, but still, to wake when the sun has risen and he hasn't squawked as yet, really freaked me out! There I was hanging over the cot checking his breathing, but also trying not to wake him original.gif

Anyone elses little one seem to see things? He grins up at the ceiling or corners of rooms all the time. We do have ceiling fans but still, it's weird! Does keep him entertained sometimes though so I can make a cuppa happy.gif

Joshua does too - we call it "Checking for spiders"!

#64 greenthumbs

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (IVF Baby @ 14/10/2011, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Joshua does too - we call it "Checking for spiders"!

Pheww, I was starting to worry about the little man!

#65 cassi8

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

laughing2.gif at checking for spiders.

Its scary the first time they sleep longer IVFbaby, I have woken in a panic rushing to see if DS1 was ok.

We are doing better with the reflux which is good, just in time for the wonder week and growth spurt rolleyes.gif
He has woken up in the past few days and really clingy. Hopefully by the end of the weekend he will be over it for when I am flying solo with 2 next week.

#66 IVF Baby

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

Joshi wasn't really interested in his dinner and threw up most of it, I think I am in for a bad night sad.gif

#67 greenthumbs

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

I hope he proves you wrong IVFBaby and you have a great night original.gif

Although we may be the same here as Henry has only slept half hour since lunchtime (usually means a bad night sleep after bad day sleeps).

Just ordered a new pram yesterday and waiting on delivery as it wasn't in stock. Very exciting. Now I can go somewhere other than local streets for a walk, our other pram is an old and beautiful, but enormous emmaljunga which doesn't really fit in the car. So now we have a Phil & Ted's smart buggy on the way which hopefully Henry will get used to quickly.

Hope everyone is well and the little ones are doing great!

#68 nic188

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

Hi everyone, havent been in here since the start of the group as i have been busy and having a hard time with my little boy feeding all the time.

To introduce myself again my name is Nicky and i have a 22mth old daughter and my little boy is now 11 weeks old. Lachlan was born 31 July but i was due 6th August.

At the moment he feeds every 2hrs give or take during the day and i give him a bottle of formula as his last feed before i go to bed at 11;30. This gives me 4hrs before his next feed but then we are normally every hr until we get up. He is putting on plenty of weight so he isn't feeding constantly because i don't have enough milk. I tried him on another bottle of formula this afternoon and we got another 4 hrs between feeds so formula obviously satisfys him longer.

Hope everyone is well.

#69 IVF Baby

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (nic188 @ 17/10/2011, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone, havent been in here since the start of the group as i have been busy and having a hard time with my little boy feeding all the time.

To introduce myself again my name is Nicky and i have a 22mth old daughter and my little boy is now 11 weeks old. Lachlan was born 31 July but i was due 6th August.

At the moment he feeds every 2hrs give or take during the day and i give him a bottle of formula as his last feed before i go to bed at 11;30. This gives me 4hrs before his next feed but then we are normally every hr until we get up. He is putting on plenty of weight so he isn't feeding constantly because i don't have enough milk. I tried him on another bottle of formula this afternoon and we got another 4 hrs between feeds so formula obviously satisfys him longer.

Hope everyone is well.

Nic - I am using the routine from Save our Sleep and Joshi is 9 weeks old and feeding every 4 hours during the day, down by 7pm, dream feed at 10pm and then 5-6 hours until the next feed.  I found this book really helpful and thoroughly recommend it.

#70 IVF Baby

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:20 PM

Ladies - I have found a fabulous new wrap.  Joshua used to get his arms out all the time and they used to get so cold.  I discovered this wrap and he just LOVES it, more so, he looks adorable in it.  Check it out.....

Love me baby
Wrap me up "lite" - yes they have winter and summer ones.

Hope this helps people

#71 greenthumbs

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

I've seen one of those in my mothers group - they are so sweet and a great idea! thanks ivfbaby!

#72 cassi8

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

We bought an Ergo cocoon, over trying to keep hands in with the awesome startle we have.

BBS, fussy bub

#73 IVF Baby

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:46 AM

he seems to be happier sleeping with his hands up, weird isn't it.  Although I think he seems to be finally getting a little control of those arms.  He is 9 weeks.  Is anyone else finding this?

#74 cassi8

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

Not really, we all have our comfy spot. He should be losing the startle reflex which is just the best!

6wk check with the paed yesterday. Liam is doing well, gaining and growing. Dr is happy for us to continue with the Zantac for as long as it takes for him to outgrow the reflux. He gave us lots of tip for getting L sleeping in his own bed which was rather successful on his first night. Now for day sleeps..

#75 IVF Baby

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:38 PM

HELP NEEDED!

Joshua screams in the car.  Initially, he didn't.  But it seems the last couple of weeks, it is all he does.  He gets himself really worked up and goes all what we call "beetroot face".  I hate it.  Does anyone have any ideas on how we can make the car more comfortable for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.