Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:16 AM
Hollow out a loaf of crusty Italian bread or Damper Loaf and scoop the dip into the hollowed out crust! You will need two, one for serving also.
2 cups Pumpkin Puree
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Ginger
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Package Cream Cheese, softened
1. Place pumpkin puree and cream cheese into a large bowl and mix together.
2. Add all other ingredients.
3. Mix ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
4. Refrigerate at least four hours or overnight.
5. Serve with Crackers, gingerbread, celery, carrots, etc.
Tips: For a lighter dip, substitute sour cream for cream cheese.
1 block of cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 frozen box of chopped spinach
1 medium tomato
1 small onion
Let the spinach thaw out and chop up the tomato and onion.
Put all the food ingredients in the big bowl except the chips, stir to mix. Heat in microwave on medium to medium-high heat until cheese is all melted, about 6-8 minutes. Stir about halfway through cooking. After all heated and cheese is all melted, stir to mix everything together and dip!
This dip is also great in a low fat variety, using part-skim cheddar cheese and fat free cream cheese. It honestly tastes ALMOST as good with like 80% less fat and one half the calories as the regular version.
French Damper Dip
1 large (23 cm) sourdough loaf
2 Tbsp (30 mL) margarine
1 Tbsp (15 mL) flour
1 packet (40 g) French onion soup mix
2 cups (500 mL) So Good™ Original Fortified Soy Beverage
1. Cut the top third from sourdough loaf. Remove bread from inside leaving a 1 3/4" (4 cm) thick shell.
2. Melt margarine in a saucepan [or microwave on HIGH (100%) for 40 – 45 seconds].
3. Stir in flour and soup mix. Cook [or microwave] for 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat and gradually add So Good™ Original Fortified Soy Beverage. Stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens [or microwave on HIGH (100%) for 6 minutes, stirring after each minute].
5. Pour mixture into loaf. Heat in a moderate oven, 350°F (180°C), for 15 minutes, or until heated through.
1 pk frozen spinach
2 ct sour cream
1 1/2 pk french onion soup
1 damper loaf
Drain spinach and chop up. Mix tog. with sour cream and soup. Cut top off
damper and set aside. Pull pieces of bread out (bite sized) and arrange
around damper, leaving shell of damper. Fill shell with mixture. Use bread
to scoop mixture out of shell. Eat shell when empty!!
[center]Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people,
but love your neighbour as yourself.