Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Jak80

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

GOLD

Nothing much happening around here. Pretty tired but that is to be expected, especially since this is #4 and none of my kids seem to know how to sleep at night.... I guess I am just going to have to get use to it!

#3 Haela

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

silver

listspot - needs a huge overhall lol

#4 MooMooMum

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:26 AM

Bronze...!!!

Think bubba is having a growth spurt this week as I have hit a new level of hungry.  Haven't been too hungry up until now, but all I can think about is food this week.

Hope you are all doing well.

Manda x

#5 Geenie

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

BIG (.y.) Prize  roll2.gif

ddance.gif Dancing the 23 week jig here!!! YAAAAYYYYYY!!!

#6 Red Cabbage

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

Hunger has set in again here too! Along with heart burn to go with it.

#7 Meant2Bmum

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

Hi all!

My name is Natalie (Nat). I would love to join your dig group.

I know it's taken me a while. I mean I'm 25 weeks, 5 days preggo. Due January 6th. But at first I didn't think I needed another dig (due in group) group. You see I have another dig group that is still going strong from my last pregnancy. I have an 8 month old baby girl. My first baby. Seems like she was born yesterday and I'm pregnant again. They will be 11 months apart.

Anyway... I want to join you girls and keep up with what's going on. Make some new friends.

So is there a facebook group or something?

I will try to read a few of the previous threads. But don't hold me to it.

Details...
I'm having a girl  ppinkstork.gif
Her name is currently a surprise.
Due 6/1/2012
We are booked into Mercy Hospital for Women (Heidelberg)

I will write again soon. Going to get some M&M's.

Can't wait to get to know you! original.gif

#8 Meant2Bmum

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

Ok so I've just realised I have her name on my signature. LOL!! Preggo brain tongue.gif

So it's a secret between just us. SSSsssshhhhhh!

#9 Geenie

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

Hi Meant2Bmum,

Congratulations! There is a FB group and will ask them how to get an invite to you   ddance.gif

#10 elevebaby

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:21 AM

Doing the 27 week jig!!!!!

#11 Caramel Latte

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (elevebaby @ 06/10/2011, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doing the 27 week jig!!!!!

Yay for 27 weeks Elevebaby!!!!

I am still a few days off but am soo looking forward to say "I am in the 3rd trimester, home stretch!!!!"

#12 PeanutBrown

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

hello well its time i come back and say hi i am still hanging in here all going okay cant wait for it to be over.

booked in at the sunshine hospital melbourne and i didnt find out what i was having so you guys will find out when i do

#13 chelle1972

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

where is everyone?

#14 luckypumpkin

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

Hey ladies!
It's been awhile & I felt the urge to check in and say hi. How are you all travelling?

I'm almost 31 weeks now and things are going really well. DH & I went to one of those pre-natal Saturday intensive classes 2 weeks ago. Oh man, that made it all seem a lot more real! We thought we knew a fair bit already but turns out there's always a lot more to learn! Pain relief options, contractions, breast feeding...I can totally recommend doing a course or class of some kind if you haven't already.

Feeling: An ever-increasing sense of excitement and anticipation as the DD looms nearer. Also feeling a little anxious about when this baby is going to arrive (praying it's not early!) and how exactly I'm going to cope pushing something the size of a pumpkin out of a hole the size of a grape! Ahhhhh!!!

Excited to: Be finishing work in 3 weeks time. BRING. IT. ON!. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable sitting at my desk all day, and the toilet breaks (even just to stretch my legs) are getting more and more frequent!

Thinking & dreaming: All baby! I'm finding it harder to be mentally 'there' at work when bub is moving around so much and I'm so easily distracted thinking about this little life inside me!
As for dreams - I have just started having really vivid dreams over the past few nights, always about something to do with pregnancy, birth or afterwards. Some of them are more like nightmares! 2 nights ago I gave birth to the baby in the toilet. Wierd!!

Sleeping:
Less comfortably. Bit of back pain and waking up more for the loo.

Exercise:
Walking is OUT as my feet have started swelling and are super pudgy and easily tired. Swimming twice a week which is great. I LOVE the weightless feeling it gives me. I actually feel 'normal' when I'm swimming...just a bit slower than normal.

Body: Loving the growing belly! I actually really enjoy being pregnant. Stretch marks on my hips are growing (not on my stomach though...strange) and I've got a daily dose of heartburn, plus the sore feet and back most days...but those are small gripes really. Been very well.

Nursery:
Starting to take shape, although that's really what maternity leave is for I've decided. We have been super fortunate with some generous friends and family giving us old and new stuff. Now we still need to buy a pram and car seat, but those are the last main items. The rest just needs to be set up and made to look pretty! I went on amazon.com on the weekend and found some gorgeous wall decals for the nursery at a fraction of the price of other online shops, so I've ordered a few cute sayings and things to go above the cot.

Wow verbal diorrehea! Obviously felt the need to catch up and spill my feelings. Hope you're all going well. I'd love to hear how everyone is finding the 3rd trimester so far!

smile1.gif

#15 She's Crafty

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:38 AM

Good morning all!

I have been reading this forum since May this year but this is my first post.  My husband and I are expecting our first baby (boy) early January next year.  It was a pretty rough start (multiple fibroids, bleeding and haematoma) to the pregnancy but things really have settled down now and ma and bub are doing well.  Right now I am on hold to Births, Deaths and Marriages to find out all the finer details about changing my name.  Thought it would be a nice way to fill in the time.  

About me: DH and I have been married for 2 1/2 years but have been together for a total of 14 (we did a quickie wedding is Las Vegas).  Off all forms of contraception for about 5 years but were technically TTC for 1 1/2.  It's roughly six-seven weeks to go and we are beside ourselves with excitement.  Have finished work and am really happy to have this time to do as much cross stitch as I can before Rocky arrives.  We have affectionately nicknamed him Rocky since one of our doctor's told us we had 'a little fighter' in there.  

It's been a bit quiet on this forum of late and I'm not particularly keen on joining a facebook group so I thought I would ask if people are having baby showers soon (or had them) and what you did.  I am totally not a 'games' person myself (unless we're talking board games) so I am looking forward to an afternoon catching up with friends.  

I'm sure everyone has been getting this - 'Oh no! You're going to be pregnant in summer!  How awfully dreadful for you!'  All I can say is so far, so good.  Still sleeping ok (despite toilet visits) and no indigestion, fluid retention.  A little bit of dizziness and light headedness and a little sick and tired of being asked if I am having twins because I am ENORMOUS but other than that I am loving being pregnant.

Hope everyone is travelling well.

Cheers xoxox

PS STILL on hold..........

#16 key4

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

Shes Crafty - Hi original.gif Glad to hear that things have improved from the beginning of the pregnancy hope it is all smmoth sailing from this point on.

Baby Showers - Never really liked them having one or going to one that is just a personal thing for me. This is my 3rd baby so it would be rude to have one! But I would love to have a big gathering of friends before the baby is born as afterwards it is tough to have social gatherings for a little while.

As for the 3rd trimester I am so tired! I don't remember it ever being this bad before! I feel huge yet my OB tells me I am looking small! I am trying my best to keep walking or waddling which it would resemble closer original.gif I have to walk to and from school twice a day but I am sure the distance is getting longer original.gif

Oh and as for having a baby in summer Jan babies will be born before the worst of the heat hits, my first was born in March and the second September I was equally as uncomfortable towards the end of each! Regardless of the season there is still a big watermelon on the belly! Summer babies are easier after they are born as getting up in the night when cold is awful!

#17 Caramel Latte

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (key4 @ 18/11/2011, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Summer babies are easier after they are born as getting up in the night when cold is awful!

I have had 2 in Winter (June/July) and one in November (and soon December), I did prefer getting up to a newborn in the middle of the night during spring/summer period.

Key4: I was given a baby shower for #3, but only #3 wants to have a baby shower for this bub. I agree I prefer the gathering after bub is born, so for us we have the christening at 8 weeks. A way to introduce bub etc.

She's Crafty: Congrats to your and your HB!!! My baby shower was more just everyone sitting around chatting. But I have been to ones where they played games etc. The only one i can remember was we had to guess how many toilet squares would fit around the mum to be's tummy, pull off that many squares and once everyone had their guess, M-T-B would then measure each til got the closest one.

Lucky-pumpkin: It took a while for my tummy to pop but am also loving the pg belly!!!

waves.gif to all I missed: Hope you are well.

AFM: Bubs B'date has been moved forward to the 28/12 so less than 6 weeks away eexcite.gif so cant wait to be off bedrest!!!!

#18 westiemum

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

Hi All,
I very very new to this forum, so bear with me if I'm slow with the terminology. Hi, I'm Nicolle and I'm due on the 5th January with the Baby #2, my first is 4yrs old.
I'm actually wondering if anyone knows about attending a mothers group for the second child. I had an AWESOME mothers group with my first and I'm still in contact with them, but we have unfortunately move to different area's and we don't see each other too often. As I now live far away (west of Sydney) I wanted to attend another mothers group to make new mum friends in the area. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Hope you are all feeling well and looking forward to the home stretch now!

#19 She's Crafty

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

So - how is everyone going?  Had an OB visit this week and due to position of fibroids looks like I have to have a cesarean.  Poo!  I really didn't want this but have consulted 3 different people for second opinions and have been told the same.  Was a tough blow at the start but I think I have come to terms with it now.  Had known from the start that this was likely but 2 of the 4  block the birth canal (a.k.a. vagina - look forward to being able to call it that again one day!).  Our date is currently confirmed for the 9th January which is THIRTY-TWO DAYS AWAY!!!!!   So much to happen between now and then - baby shower, friend's children's birthday parties, Christmas gatherings, Christmas, New Year.........  It is gonna fly!

Not much else going on.  I am in Southern Queensland and we have been experiencing a much cooler start to summer and I am not complaining about that!  Definitely makes things much easier.  We have the last of our ante-natal classes tonight so I am sure when we walk out the door we will know everything about being a perfect parent (NOT!)

Hope everyone else is travelling along well and been able to finish up work and get some much needed rest before the big day.

PS - Welcome to any newcomers!

#20 KookyKids

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:48 AM

Not sure if its to late to join in, given there are only a few weeks to go original.gif
I am due with #3 12th Jan, though I have a niggling feeling I am going to go early, my 2nd came at 38 weeks, so this has me thinking about it (first was way overdue lol). I currently have 3&4yr old girls and this bubs is also a girl much to dh's disapointment lol.

Nothing is really organised as of yet :/, can't for the life of me come up with a name and so far she only has a cupboard full of clothes ready to go.

Would love to sleep the rest of the weeks away, I am much more tired this time around, indigestion is a killer as well.

I am loving the cooler weather to wink.gif

#21 PeanutBrown

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

not too late to join i am a little dissapointed we are all so inactive where is everyone. everything is done i am now finished work and sitting waiting waiting waiting and well an truly over it i want the baby out already. i am feeling overwelmed that i cant control when this baby is going to come i have to see my dr every week and its crazy.

#22 Meggsygirl

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hello ladies!

I am another late joiner (if you will have me) - have finished work so really getting to the pointy end.  Due Jan 6 with bub no 1 - no idea what we are having so cant wait for the big reveal original.gif

Is anyone else having an INSANE amount of braxton hicks contractions?  I have been having up to 6 an hour most hours of the day for the past week, I'm wondering if/when they might start turning into the real thing?  I'm 36 weeks exactly today so almost full term....

Hope everyone is enjoying the last few weeks!!

#23 luckypumpkin

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

Hi ladies & welcome to the newcomers!

35 weeks now and finished work. Yeeha! My last week at work was super busy and quite stressful (complete with waterworks  cry1.gif one morning when I was feeling particularly overwhelmed!) so I'm glad to be gone. My first week of maternity leave has absolutely flown by. Highlights included setting up the nursery with my Mum, and a pregnancy massage in my lounge room which was my parents birthday present to me. Thoroughly recommended!! tthumbs.gif

Chicken_little: I don't think I'm having Braxton Hicks although this is my first pregnancy so I could be?! What I am feeling (first time it happened was last week) is a sharp shooting pain in my pelvic area. It is super quick but quite uncomfortable and enough to make me gasp and stop walking if I'm currently moving around. It has happened every few days and when it happens it happens about 3 or 4 times in the space of a few minutes. I have read up a bit and I think it could just be the babies head pushing against the pelvic floor muscles or something...anyone else experiencing this? I'm not worried about it, it just hurts for a second or two...

Other medical type issues are really just swollen feet (I can hardly stand for longer than 30 minutes without needing a rest!) and heart burn. Last night was the first night ever that I actually woke up and had to sit up and suck on a mylanta because the burning in my throat was so bad and I couldn't sleep. Anyone else getting this badly?

Yesterday my friends & family threw me a baby shower which was good fun! Managed to have about 22 girls there including Mum & Mum- in law. Nice afternoon tea treats, a few little games & some super generous presents made for a great afternoon. I felt very loved!

Off tomorrow on a baby moon with DH for 4 nights! So excited. Taking my hospital bag with me (just packed it today!) just in case...but highly unlikely the bub will come this early. I'm hoping for 4 nights of feet up, books, food and lots of sleep. Oh, and I've told DH that we have to have decided on a girls name and boys name by the time we come home again! We're hopeless - have had a shortlist for about 5 months but nothing definite and it's starting to make me feel anxious!

Hope you're all feeling ok! Seeya!

p.s. 2 weeks until Christmas! Have decided that internet shopping is my friend as I'm barely lasting 1 hour at the shops without being completely over it and ready to come home. All presses will now be purchased online if possible!

#24 PeanutBrown

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

i am due on the 3rd of january i have ob appointments every tuesday now as baby is still hanging out really high and was breech until last week. i have braxton hicks and back pain alot i have swollen feet and cant sleep but i have not once got heart burn just had 8 months and counting of persistant all day sickness so yeah i keep looking for the finish line now.

#25 key4

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

Hello all,

I am hanging in here too.

Peanut - I hope your bub turns for you soon or they are able to give you answers on  what the plan is so you can get yourself organised in the mind for it. Won't be long until you are holding the precious bundle and 9 months of feeling rubbish will be all worth it.

Natty - Hi 3 girls you are a lucky mummy original.gif Regardless of what DH thinks. This is bub 3 for me as well it will be DS2 for me with a girl in the middle. I have also found the last 3 weeks I am struggling. Indigestion is a killer, Zantac and me are friends now original.gif

Lucypumpkin - Those pains down the legs are a little embarassing when they happen in a supermarket or large public gathering! Although they are short lived when I get them it feels like that leg is not going to support my weight. Your baby shower sounded just beautiful I hope you have also enjoyed your baby moon.

Chicken little - Braxton Hicks are shocking things but in a positive light they are the training contractions, so should have well toned uterine muscles ready to perform on the day original.gif I have a very eager uterus which was performing a little too well in training so I am now taking tablets to try and reduce the frequency as they were starting to dilate the cervix.

Shes Crafty - of course you will be the worlds best parent original.gif You will me in the eyes of your child. Hope u are ok with the c/section decision as someone once said to be the method of birth is just one day in a long process of being a parent and as long as mum and bub are well the method of entry doesn't matter.

I have a nervous wait for my OB appointment tomorrow I am hoping to get an idea of what is going to happen next as I also have a breech presentation.

Edited by key4, 12 December 2011 - 11:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.