Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Guest_starbellied_*

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:58 AM

Gold,

For some reason I have always wanted to add that.  (Even though I have no new Lego news to add). Tounge1.gif

#3 Segatasan

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

Anyone know when the Warcraft/Starcraft megablocks are due out?

#4 reneelovescraig

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

Sorry, PP, I'm a Lego purist. No megablocks in our household.

#5 Guest_starbellied_*

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

I am not a lego purist, we have hello kitty and smurfs (megabloks)

But I didn't even know warcraft megabloks was coming out.

#6 Guest_starbellied_*

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

Here is my second entry... It is George struggling with his conscience.

#7 MelsRose

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:05 PM

Cool creations Starbellied

Cheap lego find....
K mart have the series 2 Lego Hero Factory on clearance. Small tubs are $6 and medium ones are $9 (eg Nitro blast). Small tubs are still around $15 everywhere else.

#8 Guest_starbellied_*

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:41 PM

Thanks Melrose

Oh for another Lego sale.  Big W have a few of the fire sets (helicopter, boat, truck) for $29 (they are usually between $60 and $75 each).

#9 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:13 PM

Lego Update for us....

so didn't come home from the UK with any extra lego (ran out of suitcase space and had weight issues.... had to re-pack two suitcases at the airport as one was 26kgs and the other 36kgs with OHAS regulations limiting bags to 32kgs).

DS1 had his birthday. Cake was a 'Lego' Cake. Very basic.

Square cake. Divided into thirds (not cut as I can't ice cut cake bits so just scored the cake to make divisions). One third I left as it was. The next third was scored in the middle (to make two pieces of lego) and the final third was scored into thirds (to make three pieces of lego).

Then the Single one was iced chocolate (as I knew my kids would only eat chocolate icing).

Middle 2 x third was White on one half and Red on the other half.

Final 3 x third was Yellow, Green, Blue

I used Cadbury rolls of chocolate (you know the 50g packs which are circular) and rolled the pieces of chocolate in the icing to make the 'lego' bits on top.

So the pieces were 6x2 (first third), 3x2 (middle thirds x 2) and 2x2 (last third x 3).

I was complemeted by the parents who saw it (and kids going 'cool') but what had mum chuffed was the party organiser (ie. party done at an 'event' place) actually asked if she could take a photo of my cake as it was 'so good' and she had never seen anything like it (this is someone who does 8 parties a weekend).

So onto Booty LOL!!!

Kingdoms Castle (Group Gift from friends)
Kingdoms Blacksmith Attack
Kingdoms Kings Carriage Attack

For Christmas (have already lined up)
Kingdoms Escape from Dragon's Prison

This adds to:
Kingdoms Prison Tower Rescue
Kingdoms Prison Carriage Rescue

Just need to get:
Outpost Attack
Knights Showdown
Mill House Raid

#10 Guest_starbellied_*

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

IsolaBella, you will need to post a picture of the cake.  it sounds like it was brilliant.

#11 MelsRose

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:53 AM

Oh IsolaBella, please do post a pic.  I am just preparing for my DS's Lego party in Nov.  He definitely wants a Lego cake, and I hope I can make a great one.  Did anyone see the Donna Hay Kids Magazine this July with the LEgo cake in the back.  That is the type of cake I want to make, but I was disappointed with the way it was finished in the mag....she normally creates much nicer things than this!

Anyway, I saw your Kingdom haul and remembered that Big W are clearing some Lego Kingdoms, but it is the 7947 Prison Tower Rescue for $59...and you have it already!  Good haul though!

Starbellied, I got the City Fire Boat as well! Great discounts hey!

#12 Guest_starbellied_*

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:35 PM

Oh, I have just seen some of the 2012 sets. click here

I don't mind some of the 'girly' sets (some good colours and pieces) but what is with the figures... bangs head against wall... why not minifigs, seriously, the figures make me disappointed in the whole series (even though they seem to have been aiming a bit more for minifig scale (not belville or scala scale at least).

#13 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:22 AM

I agree I would prefer 'girls' lego with mini figs rather then psuedo Bratz

Donna Hay was my inspiration for my cake. DS1 didn't want marshmallows so chocolate rolls and different scale for us (plus I refuse to ice cut cake).

Will see if I can get pic up for you gals.

Funny thing though, as I was baking the cake my cousin put up a picture of a cake, 6 x (2x3) lego block cakes. It was like they were reading my mind.

#14 ~natt~

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:24 PM

Hi all

I'm a new lego addict!  The bad part about this addiction is that I live in NW Tassie   biggrin.gif  Stock is limited around these parts, and I can't find anything else I want!  Any suggestions of good places to buy online?

#15 Guest_starbellied_*

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

Natt, we buy a fair bit from www.thehut.com.  They are in the UK and postage is S-L-O-W- but sometimes have really good prices and occasionally a %off on top.

Otherwise, an online Lego community like www.bricklink.com (individual sellers have stores that only sell lego) is really good.  You can buy sets or pieces from all around the world (we like German stores the best, they often get the best variety and decent shipping costs).

My husband buys from another website called www.dvd.co.uk (I think) which I don't buy from, it is weird with VATs and postage and putting in credit card details.  But when he has ordered they have been really quick.

Oh and keep a look out on the bigW site, I have bought stuff through there (in fact I have just paid off a few Lego police stations on their christmas laybuy system).

#16 reneelovescraig

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

Starbellied, I took these pictures at our Lego shop just for you! (prices are in HK dollars)
Pic one
Pic 2
Pic 3

#17 reneelovescraig

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

Very quiet in here lately...

Does anyone have The Lego ideas Book? (2011)

I'm looking at it for a Christmas present for DS (7) and want to know if it just has photos of completed projects or instructions that are step-by-step.

#18 ~elle~

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

Is it possible to down load the instructions for making stuff??

I'd like to put them in a file with plastic pockets / maybe laminate them.

We have alot of lego so far, just need good instructions, maybe age related ( for a 3 yr ol / 5 year old ) projects the boys can do by themselves / with abit of help.

#19 sueb31

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

Hi reneelovescraig,

I have the Lego ideas Book 2011, bought it from book depository.
At first it looks impressive - it is a hard covered book and quite large (199 pages). But essentially it just has pictures, no instructions. I think y DS will like it as he will be able to look at the things and build them (he is nearly 6). But probably a bit boring for an older child. There are lots of big pictures with multiple views of items - but they are all smaller items...eg small spaceships, small castle etc.

So I guess the "Ideas" is about right, as there are no instructions. But its certainly a nice big book.

I think for us it is good as I get sick of all the Lego magazine pages floating around with "ideas".

Hope that helps??

Sue

ETA
Elle - Yes you can downlaod quite a few instructions, this is the link
http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/BuildingI...ns/default.aspx

I always google search "lego instructions" to find it as I always forget where to look on the website for it. Under Customer Services I think. We have downloaded some of the "old" instructions which have been good for some ideas for different things, eg some of the old space ones.

Sue

Edited by sueb31, 31 October 2011 - 01:47 PM.

#20 reneelovescraig

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:59 PM

Thanks for the review, Sueb!

#21 OscarAndTilly

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

Sorry to intrude ladies but I was wondering if anyone can help me:

I'm looking for the Lego duplo family house and was wondering if anyone had seen that in their online Lego travels - maybe in an Australian store?

I've seen it on Amazon but it won't ship to Australia.

If I end up going through Lego. Com how long should I expect to wait for delivery?

Thanks heaps everyone

#22 reneelovescraig

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

What set number is it, OscarandTilly?

#23 QuisbySchmoo

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

OscarandTilly
I would email the Bounty Centre in Norfolk Island - bounty@bountrycentre.nf and ask if they still have it in stock and what postage would be to you.  I'm guessing it will be cheaper than getting it from Lego.com.  I just did a quick add to my basket on my Lego account and postage was going to be $35 making total price of that set $169.95.

Delivery time from Lego is roughly about 3-4 weeks in my experience.

BTTW (Bricks to the World) in Melbourne have it for $179.95.  Oh it's set #5639 as well.  If you email NI, just make sure you include that set number just so they know exactly what set you are after.

HTH

#24 OscarAndTilly

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

Thanks heaps Foogle. I'll email Norfolk now.

If they don't have it it may be better to pay the extra $10 and get it through bttw.

Renae

#25 reneelovescraig

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:07 AM

Your Duplo set is for sale here in Hong Kong for $85 AUD.

http://www.aaplace.hk/?p=1&act=search&...amp;submit.y=14

or

http://www.brickstime.com/search.do?q=5639

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.