Found cat
Tortie tabby, not a feral

• Please log in to reply
1338 replies to this topic

#1326 la di dah

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

Visit hasn't happened yet, still quite nervous!

Poor wet stinky kitten. I have bathed him and he looked so sad my DH was all "you are a human monster" and towel dried him.

Tyr loves a) Attention and b) food. I think he will only pay attention to your baby if you butter her.* Ysera likes bouncing around like a drunk rabbit even more than she likes food, that's probably why she's the shrimp.

*Will not be held responsible for buttered babies.

#1327 la di dah

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

Roswelle went to her new home. It would be ridiculous to cry so I'm totes not and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Thank you so much everyone. I mean it. I don't know what I would have done without EB.

#1328 My-3-Pinks

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

That's wonderful news that Roswelle has a new home and you should feel so proud of what you have done for her and her babies.  If it was me I'd be  cry1.gif  too......

#1329 Pull Up A Beanbag

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

bbighug.gif

#1330 cheshire_cat

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

la di dah bbighug.gif You have earned bucket-loads of good karma. Congratulations on finding homes for the gorgeous Roswelle & kitties. I've been following the thread and have loved looking at the beautiful pics and knowing that there are some kind people out there who have the time and heart to take care of abandoned strays. I hope you've inspired lots of EBers to think about the problem of strays and, when getting a cat, thinking first of all the homeless cuties in shelters etc.
I hope you don't miss Roswelle too much, she was a lovely little thing, but good on you for finding her a place. Enjoy your time with your first-born cat-baby Grue.
xxx
CC

#1331 la di dah

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

hands.gif I think everything will be okay. I didn't get to meet the grandmother that will be the primary interaction person but she's a bit housebound. Mostly she wants a cat to pet and sit with and feed...

Roswelle does all those things really well, lol.

The lady (granddaughter) I was with today actually was watching Roswelle and Grue and she said "many people would like Grue" (who was bouncing around chasing a toy and being a total skittery everywhere-at-once cat) "but Granny wouldn't know what to do with her." Roswelle was just sitting near us as we spoke "Its Roswelle she would like."  

And she said the grandmother just loves cats and needs a companion. I gave her my facebook details and stuff if there's any issues but I think this will be really good.

I really want it to work, I'm scared/happy/sad, isn't that stupid? But I think she'll be good.

#1332 Pull Up A Beanbag

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

Is it bad that I hope Mr Ladidah misses her? And feels all guilty? Tounge1.gif

#1333 la di dah

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Writing With Cats @ 27/11/2011, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it bad that I hope Mr Ladidah misses her? And feels all guilty? Tounge1.gif

When she was in the carrying crate to leave, Grue came up to the bars and kissed her on the nose. Don't think I'm going to let DH forget, lol.

Actually the last two days with the antibiotics she hasn't done any foul horror poops and he was starting to relax and admit she was not really much trouble and softer/quieter than Grue. Of course that's when we find her a home, not when she kept using her digestive tract to make horrifying mud architecture.

#1334 missy78

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

So happy for Roswelle! She will no doubt be very happy for the quiet. I'll miss this thread though, really enjoyed it

#1335 la di dah

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

Without cat rescue and the adoptive families I found on EB I would have lost my mind early on. It's been a real lifeline for me. I've learned a lot. I'll never forget it.

Y'all should start a thread for the adventures of the ex-alien babies. Is everyone going ok? I worry because worrying is, as my DH says, what I do.

#1336 ~Sorceress~

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

You've done such a great job, LDD biggrin.gif . It's been such a privilege to share this journey with you. Thank you biggrin.gif .

And I hope we still get kitty updates! biggrin.gif

#1337 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

LDD that is amazing that Roswelle has a new home. She is such a lucky cat to have gone from the streets to having her babies in a place of safety with you, to now having a lovely quiet forever home where she will keep an old lady company.

You should be SO proud LDD, I'm proud of you!  hhugs.gif

(p.s. I'd have balled my eyes out. Dp even said if I rescued a pregnant stray that he's prolly never manage to get me to give up the kittens, so you've done better than I would have original.gif )

#1338 Lilura

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Taradiddle81 @ 27/11/2011, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should be SO proud LDD, I'm proud of you!  hhugs.gif

I think we all are...

possibly Eugene most of all (now that kittens have left the building >>)

#1339 la di dah

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

Thanks for the support, guys.

DH is pretty happy but he was super sweet about me having the sads a bit. But I'm "kinda sad" not devastated like I would be if I didn't know they were going to good homes.

Now that he knows its not going to be an ongoing saga of how we became a cat warehouse he can be a bit "that's just how you are, baby, you can't turn away from an animal that needs you..."

People schmeeple, but it was A KITTY.  dev (6).gif

Fostering was a whole different world though. I'll have to process it. It's not something I'd say I'd never do again but maybe... a bit... slower the next time, and a while until the next time. Like, one. Maybe. But saying bye is hard. Do you experienced foster-mums of animals always cry a little?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.