IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG #10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#26 librablonde

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

DTR- I have no words other than I'm just so sorry you're going through this sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

#27 dreamstoreality

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

Thanks Liltuss and Libra, had a wonderfully good cry last night.  Keep thinking, did I do something wrong? After using crinone, did I not walk around for long enough, all these questions torturing myself wondering if I am to blame, feel like a failure.

I really thought this was the one, obviously not.

Not sure if we will go again this year or wait for January and hope the new year is kinder to us.

Honestly it just feels so long away at the moment and the thought of waiting seems like a waste, but maybe time off would be good too.

So confused.

#28 librablonde

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:00 AM

DTR- a break until the new year might be a great idea. Have a great Christmas and NY Eve without all the stress of injections and 2WW's.

Have you tried DHEA and Coq10? I took that for 3 months before my last EPU and it helped my eggs to be far more robust (although I didn't have greater numbers, just far better quality). I'd take it again for another EPU. However, I know some AC'ers have had no response with it and some who have, so I guess it just varies person to person.

AFM- I had a scare yesterday with lots of red bleeding, cramping and clots again so spent the evening in hospital being checked out. U/s showed everything was ok, and my cervix is still closed, so that's good. They couldn't explain the bleeding, and just told me to rest. So here I am in bed, eating Pringles (yummo!) while DP has whipped the house into a state of order and cleanliness. I'm very crampy still and still lightly bleeding, so will just chillax today.

A big hi to Indigo, Liltuss, and a big dose of Good Luck to Mitchp for tomorrow's transfer.
xoxoxoxox

bbighug.gif

#29 indigo~

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:19 AM

DTR, I'm so sorry. It's so disappointing. A break might be a good thing, and you can always change your mind if feel ready to go again before the end of the year.

Librablonde, what a worry for you and your DP. So glad all still ok and you're having a good rest.

#30 dreamstoreality

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:52 AM

Hi, just wanted to say as ridiculous as this may sound - I may be back in afterall.

The bleeding has pretty much stopped and I'm only getting a little bit of red or dark brown now, so maybe, just maybe, I'm still in. I still feel like I am getting AF, but maybe that is what it feels like in very early pregnancy too.

Friday's blood test cannot come quick enough.

Still not convinced, but I'll take any little ray of sunshine I can get.

How is everyone else?

Edited by dreamstoreality, 03 October 2011 - 09:29 AM.

#31 mitchp

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

Hey all - DTR, I really hope that it's a good sign no more blood:)

Libra - good on you for taking it easy - and I'm jealous re: the Pringles!

AFU - DP's EPU went great - got 9 eggs but found out this morning only 4 fertilised. So we're transferring 1 instead of 2 today.

How's this for an 'I can't believe we did that' moment...

Saturday - woke up thinking, have to ring the clinic, will wait till after 10am. Did all the chores, washing etc. - best mate and Godsons came around to watch the Grand Final and 10pm that night I looked at DP and said 'holy s*it... we forgot to ring the clinic'

We just stared at each other dumfounded that we totally forgot about IVF for one whole day! So we stewed the whole rest of the weekend wondering how many, if any, fertilised.

All in all 4 is better than none so we'll take it!

Good luck to all - in about 1.5 hours we will be officially in the 2WW.

#32 dreamstoreality

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:08 AM

Mitch - all the very best to you and DP for your transfer in about 20 minutes time!  How are the other embies coming along? Can they be frozen?

Thinking of you.

AFM - I've started bleeding again, not full blown AF, but am not expecting a positive outcome.  We will wait and see - you never know and as the say goes: It's not over til the fat lady sings and I can't hear her fully at the moment!

hands.gif  hands.gif  hands.gif  hands.gif  hands.gif  hands.gif

#33 mitchp

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:42 AM

Thanks DTR:) After waiting 1.5 hours for the FS, transfer is complete:) DP is taking it easy and heading back home to chill out:) We have 3 other embies which will be frozen.

Good luck all.

#34 dreamstoreality

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

3 frozen - Mitch that's sensational!

What a wonderful outcome for you!  That is really good numbers in my opinion, 4 fertlised, 1 transferred and 3 frozen.

Well done.

Here's hoping your 2ww is a quick one!

I have my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you.

AFM - does anyone know if I was to do a HPT and it was positive if it would be a true positive or more likely because of the crinone?

Thanks

#35 librablonde

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

Hi ladies,

Mitchp- good luck with your 2WW. You're currently PUPO and I'll be lurking to see how it all goes. xoxoxo

DTR- hang in there, hon.  I don't believe Crinone effects a HPT, but Pregnyl does. But once you start HPTing, it becomes an obsession!! I hope AF stays away for you. Remember all my bleeding? My message for you is: it CAN happen, despite some (or lots of) blood. Sit tight.

Indigo and everyone else- hope all is well for you.

xoxoxox

#36 dreamstoreality

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (librablonde @ 03/10/2011, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DTR- hang in there, hon.  I don't believe Crinone effects a HPT, but Pregnyl does. But once you start HPTing, it becomes an obsession!! I hope AF stays away for you. Remember all my bleeding? My message for you is: it CAN happen, despite some (or lots of) blood. Sit tight.

Librablonde - I know you are right in terms of what happened to you and that is definitely giving me some hope. I don't know how you managed to keep sane, it is all consuming at the moment and all I can think about.

Of course, I did a HPT at work during lunchtime today because I couldn't help myself.

Ridiculous thing is, I know it is still to early to pick up any hormone but I went and did it anyway, and guess what, BFN - of course. I knew that so why bother?  The mind does some crazy things at times.

I don't want to wish my life away, but I wish it was Friday already.

#37 indigo~

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

DTR, what a roller-coaster for you. What day post ovulation are you? I usually don't POAS until day 13 at the earliest, 14dpo is better. Libra is right, it's a slippery slope! Crinine won't affect results, but if you had any pregnyl boosters during your 2ww, they could give you a false positive.

My FS said to me once that while bleeding when pregnant is not "normal", it's certainly not unusual (ie, it happens relatively often). My BFP on 3rd cycle was a huge surprise because I had what seemed like a full on AF. Didn't end well for me that time, but that could have been due to something else.

Have you considered bringing your BT forward? My clinic likes to wait till 16 or 17dpo, but if I reckon it's a negative I'll bring it forward so that I can resume normal coffee and wine drinking.

Mitchp, fantastic result with one on board and 3 frozen! What day were they frozen (day 3, 5 etc)?

#38 dreamstoreality

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

I think I jinxed myself today. Full flow AF is now here, so highly doubtful that it will be a positive result on Friday.

Better luck next time I guess.

Yeah only 12dpo. May as well keep the tests for another cycle now  cry1.gif

#39 mitchp

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:22 AM

DTR- sorry to hear AF has arrived in full force. Although I'm still holding out some hope for you as I know a woman who had full on m/c type bleeding and went on to have a healthy baby:)

Indigo - thanks, I'm guessing day 3 as EPU was Friday and yesterday was transfer, so assuming the other 3 were put in the freezer yesterday. I don't understand numbers etc. but the one transferred was 9 cell I think and the least one frozen was a 7 cell. I know it's really pathetic I don't understand all this almost 6 years in with IVF!

Libra - thanks, lurk away:)

Good luck all x

#40 dreamstoreality

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

Hi ladies, hope you are all well.

Mtich - how is DP feeling and when is your blood test? Fingers crossed.

I believe that 8 cells at day 3 is really good - so 9 is very good.

AFM, I now have my blood test tomorrow, I have severe cramping and fever too. I rang my nurse and she thinks I may also have a UTI - fantastic - just what I need. At least I'll know for sure tomorrow.

I'll keep you updated.

#41 mitchp

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

DTR - good luck for your test tomorrow original.gif

Oh, and DP is feeling good after the transfer thanks. She says blood test is 18 October (so two weeks yesterday). We really hope this is the one - we're both getting quite frustrated that surely we both can't have completely f*cked up bodies!

Good luck all.

#42 dreamstoreality

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

Ok, so I'm now back from the doctors with confirmation that I have a urinary tract infection - no wonder I'm feeling like such crap.

Can start antibiotics tonight and have blood test booked for tomorrow morning. Not hopeful, but never say never hey.

Mitch, I hope the 2ww flies by for you.

#43 halby

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

Well I have some catching up to do so hello to all and excuse my lack of up to date knowledge of everyones comings and goings.

Mitchp good luck with the 2ww, I am hoping that I will be joining you after an fet on Monday.

Dreams, oh you poor girl I am not surprised you feel crap, not nice at all. I hope that the blood test comes back with a bfp and shocks you.

afm, back into the waiting to see if thawing is ok and go ahead with my fet on Monday. Hormones are definately pumped can really feel the old ovulation and on day 12 too, so am pretty happy to be sooner rather than later. I really hope that this is the one, as there is to be no more stim cycles for me. I've done 10 of them now and Monday will be my 20th transfer. 20 is definately a good solid number so I am hoping it is a lucky one for me.

It would be nice to see some bfp's in this group this month hey.

#44 minidiamond

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (halby @ 05/10/2011, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would be nice to see some bfp's in this group this month hey.

You said it sister.

Best of luck with everything ahead of Monday halby. I really hope this is it.

DTR, oh you poor thing ! Talk about rubbing salt into the wound, hope things clear up soon, take care.

Mitchp good luck to you and your DP, hope the time flies !!!

Hi to everyone else

Afm, had a full morning of appts at the clinic today learning about the processes for PGD testing. Still a little tentative mostly due to cost and it essentially being a tool to rule out embies for us, rather than find good ones.  Anyway, when AF arrives we're off and running for another stim cycle.  I'm now on cd33 so hope it's not too far off

#45 dreamstoreality

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

Wow Halby, my hat truly goes off to you. I don't know how you have gone through 20 transfers, but I'm sure your DD definitely makes you appreciate every moment and makes it worth it.

I hope 20 is your magical number too and will be thinking of you on Monday.

Liltuss - I'm not sure what PGD testing is, but hopefully it doesn't rule embies out but rather finds the good ones. I could be completely wrong, so my sincere apologies.

AFM - nothing has changed, but I'll update you all tomorrow.

#46 dreamstoreality

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

Hi all, so I'm back to update on my blood test results - no surprises really - BFN.

Why does it hurt so much?

Hope everyone else does really well this cycle.

#47 librablonde

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

I'm so sorry, DTR sad.gif
xoxox

#48 HRH Countrymel

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

I'm so sorry dreamstoreality...

Glass of wine and a big cry time I think.

#49 halby

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

dtr I am so sorry. There really isn't much more I can say other than this truly is a tough ride we go on. I'm with countrymel on the wine and cry, and soft cheeses and chocolate as well.

Listuss, PGD hey, I can understand why you are sceptical I have heard a lot of pros and cons, I was never going to do it as my doctor doesnt believe it is worth the money. I also know a few girls that did it and didn't get a bfp and then when didn't do it did. All I know is that you try everything you can when other things aren't working. Fingers are crossed for you.

Hello to everyone else, hope you all have a fab weekend

#50 minidiamond

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (halby @ 06/10/2011, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Listuss, PGD hey, I can understand why you are sceptical I have heard a lot of pros and cons, I was never going to do it as my doctor doesnt believe it is worth the money. I also know a few girls that did it and didn't get a bfp and then when didn't do it did. All I know is that you try everything you can when other things aren't working. Fingers are crossed for you.

Thanks Halby.  I think I'll just see how many embies I get and make a call on day 5 if I have enough ie. You'd guess, on stats, the more embies I get, the higher possibility one of them will be chromosomally abnormal (even though my two m/cs showed no chromosome issues) .  So I'm actually looking at doing this to rule any out rather than find good ones  - and thereby avoiding another m/c.  Although in saying that, clearly a chromosomally normal embie isn't any guarantee for me of NOT miscarrying (given my history).  It's a little confusing & slightly weird logic we're dealing with.  The other consideration is that they will test the 7 day 3 frosties I have from my old clinic - which I originally had as a last last resort.  So I'm potentially getting some 'bonus' embies tested

Edited by Liltuss, 06 October 2011 - 07:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.