#26 brookeandbaby

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (bobthekelpie @ 10/10/2011, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Possible TMI but anyway, here it goes. Grey pubes. 'Nuff said ph34r.gif

roll2.gif
Which is why I go the Brazzy these day! Oops sorry TMI blush.gif

#27 71Cath

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

Getting cross at DS and DD in the car as they want to listen to some awfully loud FM station and I prefer ABC and the news  blush.gif Iremember having the exact same argument with my parents  blush.gif  blush.gif

#28 Mz*Chievous1

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:44 PM

When you find yourself thinking "where has AF gone" and knowing your not pregnant but just resigned to the Menapause witch appearing

#29 Azadel

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

Recently someone said they were "devo" and I started singing "Whip It".

Luckily they weren't devastated over anything too important.

#30 BetteBoop

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

I had an old lady moment at work when I started talking about peanut paste and these 2 whippersnappers started laughing and saying "did they used to call it peanut paste back in the day?".

I was not amused.

#31 not-surprised

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

x

Edited by s-m, 17 August 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#32 Mz*Chievous1

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (s-m @ 10/10/2011, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh really? You're younger than me!! Lucky thing! If anything, my cycle is getting shorter not longer. Keep forgetting to ask my Mum when her AF stopped for good...

Steph

AF went away on an extended holiday in  January of this year. She has not been spotted since!! I have looked in all the usual hangouts, checked into a few bakery's but nope.....she is missing.
Dr has told me if she has not been to visit by January 2012...looks like i have boarded the Menopause cruise  huh.gif

#33 anon60

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

When your second child turns 25yo (Happy 25th Birthday tomorrow DS2).

QUOTE (mz*chevious1 @ 11/10/2011, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AF went away on an extended holiday in  January of this year. She has not been spotted since!! I have looked in all the usual hangouts, checked into a few bakery's but nope.....she is missing.
Dr has told me if she has not been to visit by January 2012...looks like i have boarded the Menopause cruise  huh.gif

Darn - she's still calling every 28 days and I was 51 in July!

#34 Cat Burglar

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:28 AM

When your colleagues don't get your pop culture references because they are from before their time unsure.gif

#35 ubermum

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

When you can read this whole thread and not have one huh.gif moment. I also know I will have "Whip it" in my head all day.

Mine is when your radio station changes. I get Melbourne radio and used to listen to MMM. I have switched to 91.5, because they play all 80's and some early 90's. I can sing along to almost every song. Speaking of which, I like songs.....not doof doof mixed with computer generated voices, rap crap or some angry gangster talking. Oh my, I am old.

Edit- and when you use the term "oh my" obviously.

Edited by ubermum, 16 December 2011 - 08:38 AM.

#36 Ianthe

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

I needed this thread today. I had my first child at 26 and my youngest at 38. He is now nearly 3. His preschool Christmas party was yesterday and I was so much older than most of the mums there. Depressingly older.

#37 Steel Working

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

When you get more excercise backtracking to find what you forgot than going for a walk around the block

When you start arguing with talk back radio

#38 matt1972

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

You use the term muzak

#39 LifeGoesOn

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:57 AM

You have to pull think gross black hairs from your chin.

#40 ms flib

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

You don't need to have your blonde highlights so often because of the silvery ones.

#41 skylark

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

All the Gen Y kids in your office spend the morning admiring someone's mate's cool "vintage" car. And it's a Datsun 120Y.

Serious, a Datto 120Y is a vintage car now! Well, to people born in 1990 anyway.

#42 Billy Shears

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

Music you listened to growing up is now used for "theme" nights...

You prefer talkback over music

#43 Steel Working

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

Your niece asks if she can borrow your 'Vintage' 80's clothes and coos that they look original...

They are blush.gif

#44 Literary Lemur

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:49 PM

When you are having your second mid life crisis.

When you realise that lots of clothes are too young for you and that you needed to lose weight 10 years ago.  oooops sad.gif

#45 Cheeseontoast

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

When you no longer find, chin hair, back fat and bingo wings funny unsure.gif

When you hear about a person dying in their 60 / 70s and find yourself saying "oh they died so young"!

When the toilet roll runs out, you grab another out of the toilet roll container and promptly thow it in the toilet!

When your 18 year old DD has to remind you to buy pads at shopping because you no longer have a use for them.

Treating your pets as your substitute children in your empty nest (catch DH doing this also)

Buying a caravan seems like a great idea

#46 42n8

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

What a great thread!

When you realise scaffolding has a better chance at holding your boobs up than any bra ever could...
Or you just give up completely and tuck them into your trousers instead.  wink.gif

Oh dear God!  When you start saying trousers instead of pants.

And use the term, "Dear God" for that matter.  ddoh.gif

#47 kpingitquiet

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Azadel @ 10/10/2011, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When "lovely" replaces "cool" in your vocabulary.

Yay! I can tell my mom she's still not middle-aged. At 58, she still says "cool" all the time.

#48 IamzFeralz

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

When you bring a cardigan with you out and about in case it gets cold.

When you groan as you sit down.

Ditto leaving shops with loud music - can't think straight!

#49 MamaNita

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

When you don't photograph well, no matter how you position yourself.

When you have tried every type of swimwear not one fits right.

When your child opens a window in the back of the car, and you hear yourself say 'close the window, I am getting a headache'...

Groan as you bend over.

Grow herbs (the cooking type) and proceed to tell everyone.

#50 TheCeriseClupea

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

When you can manage to "sleep" the wrong way & be in agony for days afterwards.
I too take a cardigan "just in case".
Slippers are acceptable footwear, especially pink lambswool ones.
You have a throw rug on the lounge for your knees.
Another vote for the music being too loud in shops.
When a young lady in the post office is wearing a rara skirt & you just scoff & think "blue light disco 1987"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.