You know you're middle aged when....

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#51 zaza5

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

when you use the arms on a chair to get out - and in

I absolutely love this thread.  thanks ladies.

#52 Jamelex

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (babychacha @ 10/10/2011, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting excited about the sunshine because you know all the laundry will get done

Hey I'm 30 and I've been doing that for years!  Though it could be that I'm a cheapskate and hate using the dryer...

However I felt old when I realised my brother's GF missed the 80's!  She was born in 1990, poor child lol

#53 Cretaceous

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:10 PM

Having to use headphones to hear the TV sad.gif

Squinting to try and read my book in bed without my glasses on sad.gif

The woman in the supermarket says "oh so is he your youngest?" when I mention DS's grandma sad.gif

#54 TK421

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

Anything that starts off "When I was your age..."

I did it the other day. Scary times.

#55 Weirdly Sane

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

You would not be seen dead in whatever happens to be the latest fashion because you think it looks so silly, even if you did have the body to wear it (which you don't any more)...

#56 Sabine75

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

..... when you enjoy reading this thread biggrin.gif

#57 suzy-c

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

When I got out some old paper money, and DS18...18!!! had never seen it before.

#58 Sancti-claws

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

When you see people's birthdates (I do payroll) or ages (on EB) and think "I was in year x when they were born" or worse "I was working in Sydney when they were born" or even "I am older than their mother"!!!

#59 YeOldeMumma

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

All too funny...

I know I'm middle-aged when I talk about a 'typewriter' and anyone under 30 just stares at me quizzically grin.gif

#60 Diana_Barry

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

When you notice the 'headlines' on a Cosmopolitan magazine in a shop & think, "goodness, that's inappropriate."
When you're not the slightest bit embarrassed about buying your Target granny undies from a teenage boy at the checkout.

#61 ms flib

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

.... you finally get an iphone but have to get out your reading glasses to use it!......

#62 meaghanflametree

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

You can remember when all adults had a factory-issue crop of pubic hair.

You can remember a time when tattoos were fairly rare and a reasonably specific social signifier.

You realise that it doesn't matter if your new watch doesn't have a date window, since you can't read it anyway.  

You buy the phone with the biggest screen, for similar reasons.  And you make the font bigger on all the digital thingys.

You think the Wiggles look quite young, really.

Edited by meaghanflametree, 20 January 2012 - 10:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.