Disco Party
ideas for 10yr old girl please

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cakechick

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

My soon-to-be 10yr old is asking for a Disco Party which we will have at home.  I have a few ideas but would love love love any input into this as I'm a little fresh out of inspiration after throwing a big Pirate Party for my 5yr old last week!!  
I want to do a dessert table and colour theme of purple, silver & black - that's as far as I've gotten!
Please pass on your ideas and/or links if you know of any good sites or blogs that have gorgeous disco parties.  
Thank heaps!
Mx

#2 partygeek

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:52 PM

A Disco party would be a great idea for your DD. Here are a few disco party games for you:

Fruit Salad
Corners
Chocolate game
Air Guitar comp
Kareoke
So you think you can dance comp
Hula Hoop comp
Limbo
Candy games work really well
Glitter tattoos
Crazy Hair station
Dress up relay

If you are not too keen on hiring a DJ, maybe hook your docking station up with your Ipod or hire a juke box.

If you are google "Pop diva party" you will have lots of disco inspiration.

Hope this helps

#3 blmf

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

We had one for my 10 yr party last year and it was fantastic.  We sent out VIP invitations with lanyards that they had to wear it had a barcode on it and we got one of those laser pens so they really thought someone was scanning them in (we had one of the dads wear all black and stand at the entrance pretending to be security.  The kids had to come dressed as disco diva's.  We gave them all one of the little mirror balls to attach to there lanyard which they loved.  They loved doing the Karoke, couldn't get them off it.  We did pass the parcel but inside each wrap was something funny they had to do eg grab the person next to you and do the chicken dance, the kids thought it was hilarious, we also did games like best dancing, bob and statues, air guitar etc. We made sure we got group pics and also a pic of each child with my daughter and gave these out.  We had heaps of decorations, lights and bubble machine (they loved this).  We had out in the entertaining area outside and we covered it in with black plastic.  We put glitter on the girls as they arrived.  I would highly recommend you do it outside or in a garage as we were cleaning up the glitter and mess for weeks.  I was really happy with the way it went and the kids talked about it at school for weeks.  Problem is it is her birthday again soon and now i need to try and do something equally as good!

#4 jossy

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:26 AM

I made this disco ball cake for a friend a few weeks ago and believe it or not it was super easy!  The disco ball is actually made out of a mixture of rice bubbles, melted marshmallow and butter.  Then I put a layer of grey fondant over it and then covered it with grey squares of fondant covered in edible glitter that had an awesome holographic sparkle in it.  A simpler idea would be to make cupcakes and then put a small disco ball on top!  

#5 lilsunniegirl

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

It depends on your budget.. if you wanna go all out and have a stress free, go Bop Till You Drop (I used to be a Disco Hostess for them!)

If youve got a budget, heres some good ideas..

Either make a cd with all childs fave songs, or load onto the ipod.. plan for about 2 hours music..

Pass the parcles are still a big hit at that age, and also great idea for just after eating.. a freddo in each wrap with the main pressie in the middle is the cheapest option.. i used to get pressies from Sams Warehouse, or Go Lo - little makeup sets, tattoos, sticky hands  etc

You can get those tubes 100 glow braclets on ebay for around $10-$15, hand them out, but they also look great strung from the ceiling..

Little disco balls - either buy them (even the little disco ball keyrings) and hand them from the roof - each party person gets to take one home

Dancing comps - get the shyest or non dancing kids to judge

Blow up mics are great too

Limbo - I used a scarf so noone hit their heads

black the room out with either disco plastic (from party shops or ebay) or cheap black material from spotlight..

cheap disco lights from sam warehouse..

Bubble machines are good..

musical statues, and they reeze like their favourite animal or popstar

Ive seen a cake made into an ipod

Waterbottles with paper thats printed with each guests name and a disco ball stuck around it.

Icecream cones with icecream and dipped in silver balls for microphone desserts

glitter hairspray when they arrive, a fake tattoo on the food break (can easily be taken off with olive oil!!)

I have more ideas if you need them but that should give you a starting point!!

Let me know if there's anyhting else I can offer!

#6 Luly

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

Thanks OP I will be stealing/taking inspiration from your thread! My DD has informed me she wants a 'Rock Star' party....close enough to Disco Party I am thinking....just add inflatable guitars  cool.gif

We sent out VIP invitations with lanyards that they had to wear it had a barcode on it and we got one of those laser pens so they really thought someone was scanning them in (we had one of the dads wear all black and stand at the entrance pretending to be security. The kids had to come dressed as disco diva's.

LOVE this! I was going to do Backstage Passes on lanyards as the invitations but LOVE the addition of a faux barcode and laser pen "scanner" at the door haha

Also hadn't heard of a dressup relay....that's an awesome idea Partygeek!!

Watching with interest and will add ideas if I come across any good ones!! I haven't got long to plan. Party will be in December  ohmy.gif

#7 ~*Marti*~

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

My son had a Disco party last year for his 8th birthday and we sent the kids home with a CD with pics of him printed onto it hahahaha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.