Using EB from iPad...
can't reply to threads?

15 replies to this topic

#1 TheresaGreen

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:40 AM

Hoping someone more technologically-minded than me can help out!  I loooove my iPad but can't for the life of me work out how to type a reply in forums such as EB on it.  I can click 'add reply' and it takes me to the correct screen, but I can't click into the text box to type (I could click into the subject line and type when starting a new topic but still not the actual text body).

I'm sure there's a simple solution... huh.gif

Thanks in advance original.gif

TG

#2 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

Hi - I posted a similar question a while ago - lots of EB members came to my rescue - this is what they told me to do - it worked!

I think (it's been awhile since I had to do this) you need to go into:

My Controls
Options
Board Settings

Then on the right hand side under postings select "Standard Editor" it's the very last thing on the bottom of the right hand side of the page.

#3 SarahBelle48

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:07 AM

I have the same problem when using my iphone. Can anyone tell me what I need to do for that?

#4 Batmansunderpants

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

It's to same for iPhone and iPad.

#5 Therese

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:09 AM

As Lucretia Borgia said this should help original.gif (and for both iPhones and iPads)

Go to My Controls (under your username on the left of the screen)

Under the Menu (second column on the left) look for the Options subheading and click on Board Settings.

In the Control Panel, look for this bit ...

"Type of text editor to use when posting"

If it is set to Rich Text Editor, change it to Standard Editor (or vice versa).

Let me know if it doesn't original.gif

#6 F.E.B.E

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:14 AM

Some forums also don't have 'fast reply' switched on, which makes replying on an ipad and iphone easier. If you would like this feature switched on in your regular forum leave a message in messages to mods.

We do have plans for an app but it will require a whole forums upgrade which is quite a big and expensive project as you can imagine, so we are working towards it.

#7 TheresaGreen

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:32 AM

Oh yay! It worked.

Thanks so much everyone  biggrin.gif

Shows how good my searching skills are too because I felt like I spent ages seeing if anyone had posted about the same problem!
biggrin.gif

#8 Therese

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:34 AM

Yay original.gif  I am so pleased it worked original.gif

#9 saxa

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

I can reply via fast reply but can anyone tell me why I can't start a new topic on my iPad?

When I click on it I can write a subject heading but i can not bring up the keyboard or type in the box?

#10 Therese

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

saxa have you changed from rich text to standard editor (or vice versa) to see if that makes it possible ?

#11 saxa

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

Therese you Rock!!

Don't know why I didn't think of asking ages ago!

I can now start topics, thanks original.gif

#12 F.E.B.E

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

Great info in this thread. I am going to pin it!

#13 Therese

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

saxa I am so pleased it worked original.gif

Great idea Amber!

#14 Caribou

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for the info, I was wondering this too! I have updated my settings, should be easier to use on iPhone and iPad for me now! biggrin.gif

#15 kay7

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

yay it works for me too now lol

#16 Daisy Chain

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Whenever I come back onto EB using safari on my IPad, I have to re log on every time. I have cleared my cookies, but it didn't help. Also the box is ticked to save password or whatever it asks.
Can anyone offer any help.
Thanks

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.