Mistaken song lyrics

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#76 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (MrsJasonD @ 22/10/2011, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
driving home the other night the song i need a dollar came on, hubby thought he was singing i need a daughter

I thought the guy was singing I need to holla and I said to my DH this song makes no sense. My DH had tears running down his face trying to tell me the reason it made no sense was I was singing it wrong.

ETA I always thought dressed for sucess was get dressed for safe sex and I would think yer well that will keep it safe.

Edited by kriattica, 22 October 2011 - 02:47 PM.

#77 Alrak

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

David Guetta feat. Akon - Sexy b**ch.... my friend thought it was "sexy fish"

#78 vetta

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

Limp Bizkit, I did it all for the Nookie. I thought he was singing "I did it all for the Noogie"
I wondered for a very long time why you would sing about grabbing someone in a head lock and rubbing their hair. What's more why would you go to so much trouble to do it??

I also thought that the first line of Bryan Adam's Summer of 69 was "I had my first real sex dream." I always thought the first verse of that song was very crass for Bryan Adams. It made so much more sense when I discovered he was singing about his Six String!!

#79 Crap Napper

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (vetta @ 22/10/2011, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also thought that the first line of Bryan Adam's Summer of 69 was "I had my first real sex dream."

Hahaha! Love that one!

#80 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

a little girl at work was telling me recently her fav song is "barbaras crazy" i had NO idea what she was on about so she sang it for me, turns out it was "barbara striesand" by duck sauce.... i had a giggle.

#81 bubblebear

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

Smooth Operator by Sade I always thought was Ooh Barbarella...

#82 mrsmacamoo

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

I used to sing 'Bing, Bang, Bong' instead of 'Leaving home' until someone corrected me!

#83 Nanaimo Girl

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

One of my best friends used to sing

"Old soda water"  in stead of "Smoke on the water".

#84 FeralSingleMum

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

I don't know why but I thought the lyrics to Fast Car by Tracy Chapman was

"You've got a flattened scar..."

And when Alanis Morrisette (sp?) was singing about leaving the mess you made. I took it to mean that he left her house a mess and was asking for him to come and clean it up.

Our Lips Are Sealed - I Love Cecil

Edited by DH+Me+2, 29 November 2011 - 07:27 PM.

#85 Guest_Starletta_*

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:28 PM

One that really sh*ts me is when people sing Khe sahn and say "well the last train out of Sydney is almost gone"

IT'S PLANE!!!

#86 Katet_86

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

My friend used to sing 'I wish I was a prawn cracker' until I corrected her 'I wish I was a punk rocker' (after laughing my head off for ages first) she then realised that it made much more sense than prawn cracker, lol.

#87 MumtoPNut

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

There are some classics in here! Great thread!!

"Where's your head at?" ... In the bit after that I'd sing "On my shoulders"

"Shake shake, shake shake a shake it" I sing as "Shake shake, shake shake and bake it" (I think I heard it wrong once, and just rolled with it laughing2.gif)

I know I had stuff ups with "Down on the Corner" by Creedence, but I can't remember what they were.

Oh, and "We built this city on rock and roll" HAS to be sung as "We built this city on sausage rolls"

"Ain't nothing like the kisses from a jaded Chinese princess" ... Umm .. I thought (until just now when I had to confirm what the actual lyrics are) .. it was "Ain't nothing like the kisses from a cheating Chinese mistress" .. Oops.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why" Again, until just now .. I sung it as "So make the best now of this question known as why"

#88 MsBusy123

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

My DH is famous for singing the words of one song the tune of another!

And he always gets the words of songs wrong, e.g.:

Noah's ark, Noah's ark > How bizarre, how bizzare
O come holy faithful > O come all ye faithful

And -

If you wanna be my lover,
you've gotta get with my friends
Taking is for ever, that'll be okay  biggrin.gif

The other day, he was trying to figure out the into song of the NRL footy show (Black Eyed Peas - "I gotta feeling, that tonight's gonna be a good night"), and he kept saying that it had the word "Tonight" in it, but he was singing it to the tune of "Tonight... I celebrate my love for you"!

#89 pinkcupcakes

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

eskimo joe's black fingernails red wine, the part where he sings, " all of them stand and point their fingers..." really sounds like " i dont understand the point of fingers"...lol, at least to me it did. ddoh.gif

also, there's an oldish song ( im gonna sound totally ignorant but i dont know who sings it or what its called,) but it starts out "sittin' down thinkin of you..." and then the chorus starts out with " let me feel like the one, let me feel like the one.....the one..." one of my friends used to sing "let me feel like a worm, let me feel like a worm.....a worm..."
um, and that james blunt ref earlier i dont think was far off, i think he was talking about his semi-detached house by the sea.

#90 nasty snaugh

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (starseed @ 21/10/2011, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Nana has always sung "Ohhhh werewolf, I would do anything just to be like him"

Instead of Errol- I believe the song is about Errol Flynn. But no to my nana it's about werewolves!  biggrin.gif

I prefer your Nanna's version.

QUOTE (Starletta @ 29/11/2011, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One that really sh*ts me is when people sing Khe sahn .........

Not so much misheard as mutilated, an old friend once sang "call me a quenn in the fountain", instead of call me king of the mountain" (Midnight Oil)"

We were in Kings Cross, and there was a drag queen in the fountain so now they are the words I hear whenever that song comes up.

This thread is hilarious!!

#91 beccaj

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

My 6yr old DD - sings the Sonia Dada line 'Lover, lover lover - you dont treat me no good no more' as

'Liver. Liver Liver, you dont treat me no good no more'

#92 michie0moo

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Liltuss @ 21/10/2011, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A friend of mine used to work in country radio station years ago and loves telling the story of a listener who rang and requested that Rod Stewart song "The first Cousin of Jesus".

Help me out here, what song is it?

QUOTE (hollysmama @ 22/10/2011, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of James Blunt's songs sounds like he says "standing with a semi beside the sea"  I laugh every time and I still don't know what the right lyrics are!

So I think it is "Those three wise men they've got a semi by the sea" (my sister was trying to work out what a truck had to do with anything. BUT when double checking the lyric I came across "Those three Wise Men,
They've got us sitting by the sea."

QUOTE (Starletta @ 29/11/2011, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One that really sh*ts me is when people sing Khe sahn and say "well the last train out of Sydney is almost gone"

IT'S PLANE!!!

YES! Especially since the next line is about "landing in Hong Kong". Not many trains from Sydney to Hong Kong,

#93 Golfing widow

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Stellajoy @ 21/10/2011, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to Graceland, Graceland, Texas in the Sea

Bahahahahahahahahahaha! roll2.gif

#94 Kiki M

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

My mum thought Give Peace a Chance was Give Peter Jam.

"All we are saying . . . is give Peter jam!"

#95 BVB09

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

Of the cross I bear that you gave me (Alannis Morriset) was mistaken for the Cross eyed bear that you gave to me ! huh.gif

#96 BVB09

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

DS as it's Christmas time is singing,

I KNOW A MAN WITH A LONG WHITE BEARD AND SANTA WAS HIS NAME

S . I. N. T. O, S. I. N. T. O and santa was his name oh ! wub.gif Should be SANTA !

#97 Alrak

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

I always sung dancing jews as well till DH told me it was shoes - I thought it was a bit racist  .

its actually "this dancing juice"

lmao

#98 Ellen D

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (ellaura @ 21/10/2011, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cheap wine and a female goat....... wink.gif

QUOTE (*Arno* @ 22/10/2011, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Cheap wine and it's three days old"

Are you saying it's not Cheap Wine and a Cream Egg roll? huh.gif

QUOTE (Leggy @ 21/10/2011, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And best of all, the radio caller who confessed that he misheard the first line of Summer of 69 as "I got my first real sex dream" - now think of how the rest of the first verse goes...

roll2.gif

QUOTE (MonieG @ 21/10/2011, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DD1 came up with a cracker the other day.

She asked for the 'Gruffalo' song. I told her I wasn't sure what she meant and she sang it to the tune of...
"You've got the love, you've got the love and YOOOOUUUUU've got the love!" (but "The Gruffalo, the gruffalo and THHEEEE gruffalo" (Florence and the Machine).

It is also my ringtone so now it is known as the Gruffalo song.

What on earth is a Gruffalo??

QUOTE (pookems85 @ 21/10/2011, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
australians all love ostriches, for we are overseas...

LOL, I was guilty of this as a kid...

QUOTE (*Arno* @ 22/10/2011, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A friend used to sing "Eye of the tiger, he's the king of the crop" instead of "Eye of the tiger, he's the king of the fight"

It's actually "It's the eye of the tiger, it's the THRILL of the fight"

QUOTE (pinkcupcakes @ 07/12/2011, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also, there's an oldish song ( im gonna sound totally ignorant but i dont know who sings it or what its called,) but it starts out "sittin' down thinkin of you..." and then the chorus starts out with " let me feel like the one, let me feel like the one.....the one..." one of my friends used to sing "let me feel like a worm, let me feel like a worm.....a worm..."

You're thinking of "Dakota" by Stereophonics.

#99 missjoads1234

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

I used to always swear Bryan Adams song Symmer of 69 -

"I got my first real sex dream"

It should be "I  got my first real six string!"

#100 livvie7586

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Sim 74 @ 07/12/2011, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of the cross I bear that you gave me (Alannis Morriset) was mistaken for the Cross eyed bear that you gave to me ! huh.gif

i think that is one of the most misheard lyrics Alanis Morissette ever wrote (oh there are more, but in not so popular songs)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.