Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

Gosh it's quiet here.

I guess I'm GOLD !

How is everyone ?

#3 halby

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

I'll take
SILVER.....

Very quiet Listuss, I've been away from the weekend camping and had a fab time.

How is everyone else going?

#4 minidiamond

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

Hey everyone,

Not sure who's been here long enough to remember but I saw from elsewhere on EB, Panda had her bub, a little boy called Patrick.

Wow, what an amazing achievement & inspiration, Panda had more TTC setbacks and hurdles than any one person deserves.

Congrats Panda !

#5 indigo~

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

Liltuss, thanks for posting that info, really fantastic news about Panda and the safe arrival of Patrick. How are you holding up in your 2ww?

Halby, are you getting close to transfer day?

AFM, I've been holding my breath all weekend. Did a HPT on Friday and it was very very faint, only coming up around the 10 min mark. Thought, dammit, probably another chemical pg. Had my BT today and hcg was 361! Still holding my breath, not daring to get my hopes up. Follow up BT on Wednesday now, to see if heading in the right direction.

#6 librablonde

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

Go Indigo!! Fingers crossed for you, hon original.gif original.gif original.gif

#7 halby

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:15 AM

Indigo fantastic news that is an awsome hcg number as well. Oh honey sending you a massive hug of congratulations, and dont hold your breath too long your baby needs you to have oxygen you know...hahaha

Listuss thanks for that congrats to panda and baby Patrick for making it safely into the world..

HI Libra.

Afm well I was thinking I was ovulating really early but no. Day 9 today and e2 is only 134 so bloods again on Thursday so I am thinking maybe a day 14 ovulation so Tuesday transfer maybe????? Probably a good thing later as Ascott tomorrow for Melbourne cup day and drinks included so may get slightly p*ssed I think. Why not as I am hoping that I wont be able to drink for the next 9 months, so time to let my hair down.

#8 librablonde

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

Indigo- waiting for your BT tomorrow with fingers crossed. hands.gif

#9 minidiamond

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

Good luck Indigo !!!!  Sounds promising.

Halby, did you let your hair down a bit today ? I reckon it's well worth it, and hope the bloods show all the right stuff on Thursday.

libra, how are you doing ? Hope you're feeling well, not too much MS etc.

Hope everyone else had a nice Melb Cup day.  I worked from home today so it was just me and the dog watching.   I was on a bit of a downer today, not sure why really.  This week is the week that I would have been due had my first m/c not occurred, maybe it's a bit of that, maybe it's a bit of PMT.  Just have zero motivation.  Have the tiniest AF-like cramps which rings about right for an AF arrival on Friday, day before BT, which has happened before every unsuccessful transfer.   Did an HPT today, 11dpo, nada.  Have had positive HPTs on 12dpo in the past, so I might hold off til Thurs & do another one.

#10 Loopy Ivy

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

Hello ladies,
I've just dropped in for a quick note... I normally post in the Ready Set Go Girls forum. However, to be honest, I'm struggling a little bit in that group nowadays cos there's always new people joining who are just starting the IVF journey & wanting advice about the basic technical stuff. I like to be able to offer advice but I've had 18 failed embryo transfers over the last 18 months & it's so tough. I wondered how you girls were managing to cope with the long haul journeys.

You can see my stats in my signature... I've just started my 4th stim cycle. I've been really lucky to get good amounts of embies to freeze, although my clinic freezes at 2 or 3 days, unlike most other clinics which grow embies to 5 days so there's a bigger drop-off rate.

Anyway, it does seem a little quiet in this group but I just thought I say "Hi"  original.gif

Indigo - best of luck for an even better HCG result next time!! congrats!!!!

xx Loopy

#11 minidiamond

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hi & welcome loopy.  I was in RSGG for a while but figured I wasn't ready steady go anymore !  It doesn't really matter but I think that group's definition has been lost somewhere along the way as I noticed there a quite a few multiple cycle girls in there.  Anyways, the more the merrier in here !

Not quite sure how I've managed to cope but just seem to keep soldiering on !  

Good luck for your stim cycle !!! Good that you get lots of embies, have you ever considered freezing some of your embies early & take the rest through to day 5 to try those ?  i realise it's risky that you'll lose the potential day 5s but you never know, and with multiple transfers of the same frozen embies, perhaps something different is worth a shot ?   Looks like you are having two transferred quite a few times ?

My current clinic only does blasty transfers but I did do half & half at my old clinic, no success but you never know.

Indigo, let us know how you get on, crossing everything ...

#12 Nessie83

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

Hi Ladies,

I was hoping to join you as I guess I am not a RSGG anymore, given that we are approaching our 3rd IVF cycle. DH & I have been TTC for nearly 4 years and so far the known issues with us conceiving are that I have PCO and will not ovulate unless medically stimulated (very fustrating) and have issues with recurrent early miscarrages which are happening all within the first 6 weeks.

However, I am kind of in limbo land at the moment as we are awaiting results from our FS, I believe that they are doing chromosonal testing and DH has had to undergo a tunnel test for DNA fragmentation which was a bit of shock considering his sperm analysis had really good results, I have also had to have an endimetrial biopsy done.

We are booked to get our results on the 17/11/2011, i would like to start our 3rd stim cycle in January / February but I gues it will all depend on what our results reveal.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better biggrin.gif
Ness.

#13 librablonde

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

Indigo???? Hoping you got good news today bbighug.gif

#14 halby

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

Indigo any news today?

Welcome Nessie, not that I am unhappy to make your aquaintance I am happy for you to join us. It is tough and having re-current early miscarriages cant be easy. Have you had any immunological testing or NK cell testing done. Re-current miscarriage and implantation failure is quite often caused by immunological???I hope that your FS has some answers for you.

Welcome Loopy. Oh honey 18 transfers, and I thought I was a stayer........It took me 14 to get DD and 90% of those were double transfers, and blasts so dont fret too much on that. I am going to ask you the same question as I am looking at your long haul thinking you are struggling to get implantation, and immunologically why this can be a problem. It was only when I did a protocol from Dr Matthias from Sydney reproductive that I finally got lucky. I actually do not know whether I have immune problems or not, but call it a feeling that I felt like my body rejected my embryos, so my fs here let me do and I am still doing it. It is certainly worth the questions to your FS, it was through the old long haulers group of tough nuts that I was put onto my concoktions.....

HI LIstuss how are you going????

Hello to everyone else I hope you are having a great week.

Afm bloods tomorrow so hopefully near to ovulating to get it all under way. I have planned another big weekend around the yard and house so that after transfer I can take it easy. That nervous energy of mine again. I did let my hair down yesterday and pigged out too. It was a wonderful buffet and lots of bubbly and a few glasses of red too. Didn't feel at all drunk though as I had that much to eat. Probably a lot of gluten in what I had eaten so I have been good today as I feel a bit average and tired for it.

#15 indigo~

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

Welcome loopy ivy and Nessie! Wow, loopy, 18 transfers is amazing. I came across from the LOR BG for a similar reason, the constant influx of newbies was making me feel even more of a failure (many already had children also which made me even sadder for some reason). I think a separate "long haul" group is really helpful for those of us that just keep on truckin', cycle after cycle.

Halby, so glad you had a lovely day at the races yesterday.

Liltuss, I'm hoping and wishing that those niggly feelings are not AF pre-cursors. Will be lurking for the results of your BT on the 5th.

AFM, repeat bloods today were good, hcg of 724 on 19dpo, almost exactly double the 361 on 17dpo. I'm seeing my FS on Friday and will probably beg for more pathology testing slips.  I'll take myself off to limbo-land now.

Thank you all so much for your support. I'll be back if it all goes pear-shaped!

#16 librablonde

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

Congrat's Indigo!!! eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif

#17 Loopy Ivy

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

Thanks for your welcome girls!

Halby:
It was only when I did a protocol from Dr Matthias from Sydney reproductive that I finally got lucky. I actually do not know whether I have immune problems or not, but call it a feeling that I felt like my body rejected my embryos, so my fs here let me do and I am still doing it. It is certainly worth the questions to your FS, it was through the old long haulers group of tough nuts that I was put onto my concoktions....

What do you mean by the "protocol" you did? What did this involve? What are the concoctions??

I've had 2 lots of blood tests (as well as the usual pre-IVF tests for HepB,C, HIV etc..). They took 10-12 vials of blood each time to test a long list of conditions, which I assume included immunological conditions. I know it included lupus, heart conditions etc... it's the range of tests they do for recurrent miscarriages. My results came back fine both times.
I've had a hysteroscopy, laparoscopy etc... FS removed a small amount of mild-endo during the Lap in Sept'11.

My clinic does 2 or 3 day transfers but we might try growing to blasty stage this time (or at least some of them).

Indigo - great news again!!! well done!!!!!

goodnight all xxx

Edited by Loopy Ivy, 02 November 2011 - 10:08 PM.

#18 Nessie83

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:54 AM

Thankyou to all for you warm welcome!

The testing that we have recently undergone did include imunology and NK cells (which is part of the reason i had to have the biopsy done) as our FS did mention this to me.  

Indigo - that is fantastic news I have everything crossed for you!

Halby - best of luck for you bloods today hoping everything will be on track for you transfer. I would aslo be interested in getting some more information regarding Dr Matthias protocol if you get a chance to share it.

Happy Thursday to all, just think only 1 more day to go and we can all enjoy the weekend original.gif

#19 minidiamond

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

Woo hoo Indigo !! Here's to a healthy & happy 8 months or so hun.

Hi Nessie, welcome. I also have PCO (but not PCOS & I do ovulate) & have had two early m/c - do you think the PCO is related to the early m/cs ? So far I have put mine down to being old but I just don't know.   I have had all those same tests as you (endometrial biopsy, chromosomal testing on m/c, DH sperm analysis) - I think you'll still be able to have your cycle, you just might need some different protocol or support drugs.  Fingers crossed you get some answers soon.

Loopy, I had all THOSE tests too !  It's very frustrating when there's no definitive answer.

Halby, hoping things get moving with your bloods today.

#20 halby

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

Well I do know my body like I thought I did. I do actually think I ovulated on the weekend, really early basically day 8. Well started the process then and maybe completed ovulation on Tuesday. But due to no bloods yesterday, we have missed it. Bummer it means another month waiting and on my fat pills. In saying that though, I am happy as I even had some slight pink tinged cm today and honestly felt like AF was on her way, and this was before blood results and even told DH I felt like she was on her way, and just prior to my conversation with the clinic I was thinking I would have an u/s atleast a couple of days before transfer to be sure my lining was good enough. The main thing is that my p4 is already at 35, which is awsome for me actually so I am a little thrilled at that. Anyway they will probably do bloods everyday from day 9 next month to be sure we dont miss it. So I am guessing my 2ww will now be right at the beginning of December.
Will be back for personals later
Bye

#21 mitchp

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

Hey all, and welcome Nessie and Loopy - just wanted to say I'm still lurking and DP and I are plodding along!

Coming up to another transfer so have everything crossed!

Congrats Indigo - big hugs to you.

Take care all - and good luck x

#22 minidiamond

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Good to see you again mitchp, hope you and DP are ok. What's next for you ?

I am out again, AF arrived before we got to BT this morning. I guess I didn't have high hopes for this one as it was a grade 3 but jeez it's disheartening to get another bfn. I just feel so OLD :-(. I have booked a nice dinner for me and DH tonight and I am having cocktails galore.  Will have an FET next cycle with one of my three frosties.

Hope you ladies are all ok.

#23 halby

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

HI LIstuss I replied in the other thread but I hate af for that. I always got mine before bloods and ended up going in early to get the complete result over with. I have never had any luck with stim cycles and to be honest if I had my time again would opt to freeze all embryos and just do fet. I just dont think my body copes that well with all the hormones, they dont seem to stand a chance, never had a look in on a fresh, and start to feel like I wasted those good embryos on a fresh cycle

Edited by halby, 05 November 2011 - 07:45 PM.

#24 zxcvbn

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:58 PM

Hi Girls,

Can I join? I recognise some of you from 2WW threads, so hello again. I have been lurking for a while and I feel I belong in the long haul now. To summarise my story, I've been IVfing since Oct 2010, stim BFN, FET BFP but mc at 9 weeks in Jan this yr, then FET BFN. Then switched clinics and did IUI twice, then another stim and 1 FET all BFN.

And then it gets interesting... I had a month off last month as I was away OS for work for 2 weeks, and on my return I was trying to plan my calender for the next FET- so on day 27 of a normal cycle I thought what the heck, I'll do a HPT to check its a no, so I could plan work trips around the next transfer date.
Well blow me down it was positive! I nearly fell over in shock on the loo. Off I trot for a blood test and not only positive, but my HCG was 440.. unbelievable. My only other BFP just nudged over the line at HCG of 37 at day 29.
I hadn't even bothered checking when I ovulated that month, and we didn't DTD very much, so it was truly a pot luck thing. So after I smuggly called the IVF clinic to tell them and to share my good fortune, I tried to not let myself get overly excited, but I have to confess my mind did get a little carried away with how good the number was so early...I hope you can feel my excitement at this stage.. original.gif

Anyway, back to reality with a thump, and fast forward not even 5 days and I knew something had changed. What little symptoms I had just disappeared one day and I did another HPT just to check all was on the rise, and it was much the same shade. I was numb with disbelief. And even more wierdly, we were staying with friends, whom we hadn't stayed with since the scene of the start of my previous mc in Jan. Their spare room seems to be jinxing me. I didn't have the heart to tell my friend as she had felt so bad for me last time.

So another HCG a week after the first and it had risen only to 600 from 440, and personally I think it must have peaked during that week and was on the way back down, as I started to bleed that day. So mc/AF/whatever you want to call it at 5 weeks, happened for 5 days, and I've had a repeat HCG today of 330.
But just to make it more interesting, I've also developed wierd left sided pain and then freaked myself out today that perhaps I've got an ectopic. So back to clinic for a scan, which was a bit inconclusive but showed a big corpus luteum cyst on the same side as the pain, but nothing in the uterus. So it still doesn't rule out an ectopic, and I've got another scan booked for tomorrow with a gynae radiologist instead of the nurses. I hope the pain is completely unrelated but it is odd.

So there you go-my sorry little tale- what cruel taunts mother nature has put me through in the last 2 weeks. I guess it is nice for DH as his swimmers have done the biz naturally, and it shows if we wait another 2 yrs it may happen again, but I can't help but wonder what went wrong.

Anyway I look forward to getting to know you all.. Liltuss so sorry to read about your BFN.

xx

Edited by maluckyday?, 07 November 2011 - 04:18 PM.

#25 halby

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

Hey maluckyday welcome. You and I have been together a few times in the 2ww. I am so sorry to read of your miscarriage. It is so hard to know what went wrong and even your fs could only give you maybes. What are your plans moving forward, I take it you will jump back into ivf.

Hey Mitchp good to see your going well. You mentioned coming up for transfer, so is it this month or next? Fingers are crossed for you both.

Listuss how are you going? I hope you are being kind to yourself.

Hello to everyone else, I hope things are going well. Same old same old here just waiting for AF, the only time I ever want her here early so I can get started on my fet. Its starting to play on my mind a bit now that its my last chance, and I am finding it a little upsetting. I even asked DH to make sure he is at the transfer as I know I will be a bit emotional and really need the support. He stopped coming years ago as it just got too much. The first time he didn't come we fell with DD so he has stayed away every since, but not this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.