IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG #11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

#101 minidiamond

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:28 AM

Karen, everything I wrote in the Dec 2WW thread & more.
All the very best to you, DH & little Emerald for Christmas & beyond.
bbighug.gif

#102 dreamstoreality

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:41 AM

Goodless Halby - I've tears running down my cheeks at the moment because of your post. I wish I could jump into my computer and give you a big squeeze like your little Emerald.

You are one of the most inspiring women I've ever come across and your journey is one that gives me hope and helps me to continue on this journey.

None of us know what the future holds, but that doesn't stop us praying for our miracles.

I'm glad you will never say never Halby.

I wish you and your family the very best Christmas and I hope that 2012 brings health and happiness your way.

Thank you for always being someone that listens and had words of encouragement.

You are a star Halby (Karen).

Nat

#103 indigo~

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:03 PM

Halby, huge hugs to you. I am so sorry. You have truly inspired me, so often, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Whenever I have a woe-is-me moment, and think "how many friggin cycles should I have to do??", I say to myself, Halby took 14 transfers for her beloved DD, so suck it up and keep going.

You have remained such a positive influence day in, day out, and it's really helped. I'm having a little cry (for us all really, because we rock and shouldn't have to go thru any of this), while enjoying a glass of vino and eating my body weight in jarlsberg cheese.

So it's definitely not goodbye, I hope, but all the best for your health kick and break from all things TTC. I truly hope you achieve your dream of a sib for Emerald one day. Please stay in touch.

Liltuss and Spock, I am sending you both seriously sticky vibes.

#104 mitchp

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:05 AM

Hey all - just a quick update. DP has her final 2 transfers this morning. We will be crossing fingers and toes but DP is already 'negative' about it as she's resigned herself to this particular donor not working for us sad.gif

#105 dreamstoreality

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:17 AM

Mitch you tell DP not to give up hope!

Just because some haven't worked doesn't mean these ones won't work as well.

Fingers crossed for you both and big hugs. Take care and stay positive.

#106 mitchp

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

Thanks DTR - I'm trying to remain positive. They looked like good embies and even the FS got our jokes this morning and had a good laugh with us so you never know original.gif

#107 minidiamond

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

Good luck to you & your DP mitch !!

Hopefully a little Xmas present..... try to help your DP be positive, I know it's really hard ....

#108 mitchp

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:14 AM

Will do - thanks Liltuss x

#109 Spock

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

goodluck mitchp!

#110 First One

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

Halby - everyone has already said everything I could think.  You are an inspiration and all I can do is offer huge hugs to you and your family and wish you the best for the future.

#111 librablonde

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

*** Sensitive: loss mentioned**

Hi ladies,
just a short post to let you know it all ended for me on Friday night. I miscarried my beautiful son at 18w2d, laboured in hospital and it's all over. I did a long and graphic post in the Miscarriage forum, and won't discuss it here. I wish you all the best on your journey's, and I don't know if I'll ever have the courage to go through this risk again. I just don't know. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know.

xox

#112 minidiamond

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

Oh my God libra I have no words, just tears.
I cannot even begin to imagine how you are.
I am so so very sorry for you and your beautiful angel baby boy.
Why the hell is this so cruel ??

#113 dreamstoreality

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

Oh Libra, no words seem adequate right now. I'm so sorry sweetheart, my heart goes out to you.

Is there anything I/we can do for you at all? Please know me/us know.

thinking of you and sending you all the love and light in the world.

#114 mitchp

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:55 AM

Libra, I'm so heartbroken for you and your DP. There are no words, I'm thinking of you and your family.

#115 Feral-as-Meggs

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:01 AM

Libra I'm so so sorry.  All my love and sympathy.

#116 First One

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:02 AM

Libra, so, so sorry for you and your DP.

#117 Spock

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

****warning loss mentioned****

so sorry libra, truly devastating. hope you are surrounded by people who can love and care u for u and your dp in this unfair and sad time. Reading your m/c post, brought back horrible memories of my first loss, holding my tiny dead baby in my hands. I really do feel your pain and hope you are holding up okay. If you need to just vent, feel free to PM me.

#118 halby

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

Oh no Libra all I can do is say how sorry I am that you have had to endure this loss of your beautiful baby boy. Like Liltuss I have many tears for you right now so heartbreaking for you and your family. Take care and do what you need to do to get through but know I, we are all here for you if and when you need us.

#119 indigo~

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

Libra, I'm so sorry. There are no words. Truly heartbreaking. Much love to you and your DP. xo

#120 mitchp

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:33 AM

Words I loathe to hear and I've been hearing almost every month:

"I'm going to bleed"

Words DP stated to me again this morning, not even one week after the transfer!

Good luck to everybody else.

Libra - thinking of you and your DP x

#121 Spock

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

goodluck mitchp, hope your dp gets more positive

#122 minidiamond

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:22 AM

Big hugs Mitch, how are you & your DP today ?

#123 mitchp

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

Thanks guys. We are doing ok. DP 'knows' her period is coming (due tomorrow) so unfortunately yet another year without any viable pregnancy sad.gif

On the plus side, we've been talking about how once our puppies (like our babies) have passed on - unfortunately it's a reality as they are getting so old and not as well as they were - and if we don't have any kid/s by that time, it will be a no brainer to stop IVF and save some money and do things for us. Travel, take off on a whim etc.

But in saying that, I believe in my heart that our puppies will be here for at least another couple of years and for that I will be thankful/grateful.

Just getting used to the idea we may never be 'human parents' I guess.

Thanks again all for your support, it means so much x

#124 Spock

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

hang in there mitchp, af hasn't arrived yet so hopefully your dp isn't right this time.

#125 mitchp

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

Spock - you gotta know that our DPs are 'always' right LOL

I agree though - hopefully this time she's wrong!

Good luck to everybody else x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.