IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG #11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

#26 librablonde

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

Liltuss- so sorry about AF sad.gif It's just not fair. xoxo
Halby- forging ahead, I'm glad you'll have your DP with you this time. Hoping and hoping for you, hon hhugs.gif
Mitchp- hope you ladies are ok and have had a good break.

It's great to see some new LH members as well, lots of love to you all xoxo

#27 mitchp

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

Hey all and welcome maluckyday. Well, DP and I are in the 2WW again. Short one though as FET was last Friday, therefore implant day SHOULD be tomorrow, but DP feels like her period is coming which is due this freaking Friday! Unsure why the cycle was/is so short but I'm slowly but surely ready to beat someone around the head for this (FS). I just don't understand what we're doing wrong and it's driving me insane.

Good luck to all.

Oh, also. DP is doing 3 shots of pergnyl with this transfer so I'm unsure whether that will have any bearing on her feeling period pain today sad.gif

#28 zxcvbn

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

Afternoon ladies and thanks for the welcome!
Mitchp- good luck in the 2ww- fingers are crossed for you both, and hope AF stays away. Did FS get the timing wrong? Or have I misread?

Liltuss- are you going again with another FET this month?

Bring on AF Halby!- I too am now in the wait wait wait until body sorts itself out post mc. I had a scan today to exclude an ectopic as I have this wierd pain, but it looks like the cyst/old follicle on my ovary is causing the pain and there was some fluid floating around in the pelvis too. Quite relieved tube looked OK.  
So I think I'm going to try to lose some weight (famous last words hey?!!) this month as I'm still 5kg up from my last stim and feel enormous generally. Then jump on board again with hopefully a FET before Christmas, assuming my cycle starts up quickly.

In due course I might pick all your brains for opinions about the big Q of 'to transfer one or two next FET'... I'm getting impatient/frustrated/broke etc etc.. 2 is tempting!

Hi to librablonde, nessie, loopy, indigo and anyone else I've missed. Hot day where I am- what happened to spring? Its suddenly baking.

xx

#29 halby

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

Ahhh loosing weight hey maluckyday, I think I have given up, another 7 kilos for me since being on the dex. I am a good 25kg over weight nad am trying really hard to just get off a couple of kilos in the next 4 weeks. Even bought the Wii Zumba fit and will have a go tomorrow.

Mitchp, the pregnyl injections should keep af at bay. They will give you a hcg reading which will trick your body in keeping the p4 up a bit higher. It will also give you some pregnancy symptoms, that is the only reason I hated doing them, but you are atleast giving your embryo every possible chance. Fingers and toes are crossed for you. When is blood test?

#30 mitchp

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

Heya - maluckyday - no, FS didn't misread dates, it seems DP o'd later than normal I guess. I just want to slap FS cos' we seem to be paying for one of his two yearly holidays every single year!

Just sour grapes on my part.

Halby - DP still feels like her period is coming. Today is implant day in theory and she's taking it easy so we'll see. Unsure when blood test is - I would guess 18 or 21 November. DP reckons she doesn't remember and didn't take any notice cos' she never gets to that date anyways sad.gif

#31 minidiamond

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

Good luck to you & your DP Mitch !! How is she feeling ????

malucky, how bloody cruel !! Did you get some more insights after your scan ? I hope you can get back on track for another transfer soon.

Halby, how are you doing ? What's your new ETA look like for transfer ?

Hi to everyone else.

AFM, I spoke to FS rooms today and hooray !! I can do an FET straight away.  Nurse Poohead told me I couldn't so I decided to double check with doc & it's all good.  Likely to O in just under 2 weeks so probably a transfer somewhere between 23-27 November.  Fertility gods, pease let me have a little Xmas sticky one !  hands.gif

#32 mitchp

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

Hey all.

Liltuss - congrats on your impending FET and good luck original.gif

DP advises me this morning that she still feels AF coming (due tomorow now apparently) and for me to be prepared for the worst (aren't I always!).

I just don't know what to think. Is she reverse psychologising myself and herself and if so, then if it is indeed a BFN she will be soooo upset sad.gif

This is all so frustrating.

Good luck to everybody else.

#33 halby

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

What is up with this new login, it is a pain in the ass. I am logged in but tells me I'm not. I am hating computers at the moment.

Mitchp I have everything crossed for you and your DP I really dont think it is AF and maybe, just maybe it is a bfp that she is feeling. Oh I soooo hope that this is the one for you both.

Listuss well you and I should be roughly in the 2ww together. If I am correct then I am thinking that AF will arrive around Tuesday next week due to O early meaning AF should be early. And then if I O around the 12 day mark again then maybe transfer on or around the 30th of November. Oh that would be nice actually as that is my 39th birthday. I am glad that they are letting you go straight away, you know what is best. I have one stuffy nurse at my clinic, who queried me why I have both crinone and pessaries, I sarcastically told her that My fs and I decided that is whats best and that is what I have done when I got my bfps. And excuse me but I pay for them so what does it matter.

Maluckyday how are you going?

Libra hi and how is things??????? So wanting to hear how you are fairing, and maybe enjoying things now....

Hello to everyone else, I hope that things are going well.

As for me, as I said to Listuss that it is all just waiting for the witch to arrive now. I actually think my p4 has been awsome this month which always gives me hope. My gluten free has been terrible as well as my weight trying to stay under control. I asked my acupuncturist the other day if my weight is an issue, but he said you are a little overweight but nothing to worry about. Well I think he was being polite cause I think in modern standards I would be considered obese when I am 25-30 kg over. Anyway he is a little china man and I really respect his opinion so am thinking I will be fine on that front. I am just going to make sure I start to get a little exercise again and eat healthily.

#34 mitchp

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:13 AM

Hi all - it's all so up in the air at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated.

DP's AF was due on Saturday just gone (3 days overdue now) but I understand using Pregnyl will delay her period. Does anybody know how long the period should be delayed?

She had her last shot of 1500 Pregnyl last Thursday (10 November) so we're just unsure at the moment what is happening with her body.

She says she feels like AF is on it's way. Yesterday she had really sore boobs but I see that is also a side effect of Pregnyl.

It's all so frustrating.

On top of this we have decided to use up all our embryos this year (she has 2; I have 1 left) and then hopefully go back on the wait list for another donor as we think this one just isn't compatible with us.

So, her HPT blood test is due next Monday and the way my body's looking, I may be having my last (ever?) transfer on the same day.

What are the chances we could both end up pregnant at the same time? I don't hold out much hope of my last embie thawing, let alone sticking. But could we be that un/lucky ???

Thanks for listening. My head really is all over the place at the moment.

Good luck to others x

#35 minidiamond

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:46 AM

Mitch I really feel for you & your DP.

From all the chats I've had with counsellors & pyschs and from a recent group patient session I particpated in with my clinic, the overwhelming advice is to take it one day & one step at a time.  Of course we have to plan in advance when it comes to IVF but certainly, try not to make any decisions when you & DP are in the 2WW - which usually involves being in a heightened state of tension.

Sorry I can't help with any practical advice on the pregnyl issue, I don't have any experience with it.

The only other thing I wasn't sure about for you was "the way my body's looking at the moment, I may be having my last ever transfer Monday."

Do you have to have a transfer right at this point ? Just not sure if there's a medical reason why - if not, my personal opinion would be put that on the backburner - even for another cycle or two - while you get through the current situation with your DP.   Make some decisions after you know the outcome of her BT.

Good luck.
x

#36 mitchp

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

Thanks Liltuss. The reason we are going ahead with me this cycle is

1) DP really feels like AF is coming and she isn't pregnant.
2) I really feel like it will never work for me, and therefore feel like I need to 'do it' so it's not hanging around in the back of my mind.
3) Financially. So we can get in before the end of the year while our safety net is in place and we get a lot back. IVF has almost crippled us financially (like so many) so we feel at this stage it's the only way to go as we're looking to next year and a lot more out of pocket expense with (when it happens) a new donor, egg pick up for DP etc.

Thanks again though - we were thinking of doing a HPT on Sunday, then cancelling Monday's transfer for me (if it's meant to be then) but we'll still have to pay the fee as if it was transferred - it's all so full on.

#37 minidiamond

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

Understand.  On the financial side, what is the $ difference between cancellation fee for this cycle and the safety net v non-safety net Medicare rebate that you'd receive next year.

Could you do your cycle in December ?

I understand where you're coming from, so many what-ifs and trying to find answers & some level of control over it all.  

Just feels like you're taking on so much extra decision making at a stressful time.  Just try as best you can to take it day by day.

#38 mitchp

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:46 AM

Thanks Liltuss - re: no December, because my dates will miss the deadline of when the FS goes away for his 6 month holiday to Paris :0

And, difference in cost for failed or new cycle in Jan 2012 would be huge to us - instead of out of pocket $400 odd dollars, it would be out of pocket almost $1800 sad.gif

#39 minidiamond

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (mitchp @ 15/11/2011, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Liltuss - re: no December, because my dates will miss the deadline of when the FS goes away for his 6 month holiday to Paris :0

Good grief ! Where can I get me some of that holiday ??   Does that mean you're changing FS for next year if you need to do a donor cycle ?  Would you consider doing it with another FS ? Just a thought.

QUOTE (mitchp @ 15/11/2011, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And, difference in cost for failed or new cycle in Jan 2012 would be huge to us - instead of out of pocket $400 odd dollars, it would be out of pocket almost $1800 sad.gif

Ouch, yes, after writing that, I checked on my clinic charges (world's most expensive clinic) and it's $770 for non-medical cancelation of an FET.  But if you're OOP $1800, doesn't that mean you will have already exceeded the safety net ? (They haven't set it yet for 2012 but I'm sure it's not over $1800).   I'm a little confused by this safety net malarky.  Or would you only get 80% rebate on the difference between whatever the saftey net is - let's say $1300 & the $1800 ? So, smaller rebate on the first $1300 then the 80% only on the $500.  Sorry if I've confused you in all of that !

#40 mitchp

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

Hey Liltuss - yep, you've confused me original.gif It's all good -we'll work it out. There is no other fertility clinic where we are, and our current FS travels to the north of the state to do IVF up there too!

I'll keep you posted original.gif

#41 halby

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

Mitchp i hope you and dp are hanging in there. I think that she may get that bfp.......... Call it a feeling but if the last pregnyl shot was Thursday the hcg would have come done to little enough that af would show. I would wait another 2 days and do a hpt By Friday it would definately all be out and a hpt would be accurate. I still have everything crossed for you both.

#42 kljl74

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

Hi All,
I'm new to this group - hello! I hope you're all doing well.

Background is that I'm 37, DH is 41 & we've been on IVF (PICSI) since July 2009, with a few breaks along the way. Apparently DH is the issue (motility & morphology), but we've been through 3 Stims and 5 FETS (11 embies in total) and none of them have stuck, so am obviously questioning what's wrong with me?!! I've had all the tests there are to have and apparently everything is good (which is annoying, I'd almost prefer a problem that can be solved).

I'm currently in my 4th Stim cycle, this time a long cycle for the first time using Lucrin and Puragon. My trigger injection is tonight and they've told me only to take half because my estrogen is quite high. (It was trying to figure out what that means that set off the google search which led to all of you!). I go to a clinic that doesn't give out result numbers, so I have no idea what "quite high" means anyway, but have read lots of disturbing stories about cycle cancellations and OHSS... the problem of self diagnosis by internet, I guess! None of this was mentioned by the nurse on the phone so I'll assume that "quite high" is not that high!

Apparently I have 12-13 follicles on each side - that's huge for me and no surprise that I feel incredibly bloated! I hardly own any dresses, but it hurts too much to wear pants or a skirt at the moment. Can't deal with those waistbands! Our largest haul till now was the first time (15 collected, 9 fertilised, 7 made it to day 5) and the numbers and quality have declined quite a bit since then, so it's nice to get a good response to the drugs this time around. When the FS suggested a long cycle, it really seemed like he was recommending a different approach purely to try something different. But given the results so far, maybe he was onto something afterall.

I'm looking forward to having some people who understand what this is all about, to thrash things out with. I've been quite open with friends and family about what I'm going through because I think it helps explain a few things, but I can't deal with the follow up questioning. Things like "have you got any news for me yet?" or "Have you considered other options?" It's my own fault for putting it out there, I guess. My mother-in-law asked me on the weekend whether I'd considered surogacy, and then wondered aloud whether my single 35 yo sister would be willing to help... It's not nice to have a brain explosion at a 2 yr old's birthday party in front of all the extended family and I kept my cool - it just astounds me how insensitive people can be to the implied messages that get delivered with these unthinking comments! I'm sure you've all been through it too!

Anyway I think that's enough of a rant for now! Have a great day...
KLJL

#43 mitchp

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

Hey Halby and thanks for your positive feelings. DP doesn't want to do a HPT - wants to wait till blood test on Monday, so there goes that idea! I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen both being pregnant at the same time (potentially) but again, I really can't see the embie working 'in' me - hasn't before, so why would it this time!

KLJL - welcome and I hope you get some support through this group. I have found them all thoroughly wonderful and I have no idea how I got through my miscarriages without them.

Good luck to all x

#44 mitchp

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

Hey all, just wanted to update - spoke to Donor Coordinator today and DP is on the wait list for a new donor - early 2012 apparently.

So that's great news.

DC gave us 2 urine tests for DP to take, tomorrow and Friday if she hasn't got her period by then. If positive, will get a blood test on Friday to give us plenty of time to cancel my transfer cycle if need be.

Really unsure what to think, part of us reckons the BFP symptoms would be the Pregnyl but the majority of us is really hoping it's finally coming true!

Good luck to all.

#45 halby

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

I had put in a nice reply earlier this morning and I am just having probs these days with this site. So I will try again and hopefully this works.

Mitchp I am so excited for you that you and dp will be testing in a couple of days. I truly believe that this is it for you, and yes there are worse things than both of you being pregnant at the same time, but hopefully you can keep your turn for your second baby. But good to have that donor back up plan, sometimes when you have all these plans in place you dont end up needing them. I cant wait to hear some positive news.....Also those symptoms that dp is having would not be from the pregnyl now.

kljl Welcome and I am sorry for your efforts over the last few years still not giving you that bfp. We are all here for that reason and are a great source of info and comfort to each other, I suppose giving our DP some peace at times from hearing about it every waking second.
Keep your fluid up to help avoid OHSS. Your e2 being high is because you have so many follicles. I hear you about your in law and for that reason I basically told people I will not tell them when I am doing a cycle, I explained like " I dont ask you when your ovulating" Its personal and I cant even say that people mean well, because I do think that when it is so easy for them they really have no idea what we are going through. By the sounds of things you and I will be in the 2ww together. Fingers crossed for both of us

Afm, all good and first blood test tomorrow on day 6. We decided not to run the risk of missing the big O again. I am pretty sure I had ovulated on day 8 last month as my p4 was apparently 6 on day 9 bloods which is high for me. So 21 day cycle was spot on for an early O. I dont think that will happen this early this month, but who knows, my body seems to be picking up the pace as I get older......

Well heaps of work to do today, flat out busy, so I will drop in a do more personals later. I hope that everyone is well.
Have a great day

#46 mitchp

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:57 PM

Hey all.

Halby - thank you, again you're very positive vibes are having an effect on me. I just hope that it's all going to be a-ok original.gif

Good luck for your blood tests and a 'surge' soon original.gif

Tonight will be a test for us - heading out with two couples; 1 with a baby; the other 1 pregnant sad.gif I'll try and be upbeat and not be morose or jealous (outwardly at least).

Everyone else - good luck for stickies x

#47 mitchp

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:34 AM

Recurring theme! BFN on urine test this morning. We are both devastated, again. So now we're waiting for my O surge and I can then be booked in for my last transfer.

I was on such a high. I'm now on a really down low:(

Good luck to others x

#48 librablonde

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

Mitchp- am really so sorry, hon. xoxox

#49 halby

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

mitchp I am so sorry. It is just sh*t that you are both going through this. I just felt for sure it was your turn. Big hugs to you or your dp now get all the upset and frustration out and get ready for your fet. I dont know what else to say......Wheres the magic wand when we need it hey.

#50 minidiamond

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

mitch I was really hoping this would be it, understatement to say you & DP would have felt the same.   I hope your ET helps to give you a diversion from this disappointment - crossing everything for you.

Hi to everyone else - halby how did your levels look yesterday ?   Seems like a few of us may be close-ish in the 2WW this month.  

Welcome, KLJ, I'm guessing by now you've had your egg collection ? I hope it all went okay.  With regard to the numbers, you're right, it can kick off a google frenzy but IMO, you have every right to know what those levels are.  I sometimes have nurses who ring and say 'everything's fine' -- and seem a little taken aback when I ask for the actual readings.  But it's your body, your blood and your money.  It's also hard to know the right 'balance' in terms of how many people to tell - I read something recently that it's good to decide if you're going to 'out yourself' when it comes to the IVF journey.  Personally I think that it's easier that a few people know & hopefully understand - if you wanted to go this far, it might even be worth trying to educate them a little more.  Even if you just say to them "I really appreciated your support, thanks so much ... just to let you know there will be times when I might need to lean on you a bit and other times where I just don't want to talk about it".  Hopefully it might help.  Anyway, with that nice egg haul, and hopefully a good fert rate, you won't need to worry anymore because this is your month !!!  All the best hun.

AFM, still monitoring for natural FET, had scan Wed that showed a couple of lead follies & E2 rising.  Had another BT today so will see, today is CD14, I'm usually a day 17-19.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.