August 2010 Parent Group #25

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#51 My4Sunshines

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

FG I have been ph34r.gif you to see if you have your new ds in your arms.
I hope all is going well and would love to hear from you.

babybec, schnecke, lemonL, sara.......... where are you? unsure.gif
Is everyone on fb? Please come back here hands.gif

Lex I hope your Grandma is going well, did you go see her?

#52 heidles82

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

waves.gif  I'm still here!

I have some exciting news - FG has had her baby boy! Just announced on FB today:
Late news flash! Baby Ismael entered thé world on Wednesday thé 18th of January in Paris at 10:15 am. Weighing 4.025 kilo and 52 cms. He is doing well and is super cute :-)

I think most of the girls are just super busy an don't have time for EB sad.gif The FB group page has been a little busier than normal of late, but unfortunately mainly due to some not so good news from some of the girls. Jude's DH left her and their 3 boys just after New Years  rant.gif She is one tough cookie and has been so strong throughout it all. Some of the other girls have had sick kiddies and other family members. Some good news - Sharon and her family have moved to QLD and James is looking forward to school this year...KK is off to Thailand for a holiday..STML house should be starting soon (but I am sure she will update on EB herself biggrin.gif)

#53 My4Sunshines

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

Hey heildles, I know you pop in every now and then wink.gif

Thanks for the updates, I now appoint you the roll of fb updater on eb for us non fb'ers grin.gif

Yay fg, I knew in my waters ( rolleyes.gif ) something was going on!!!! Welcome baby Ismael bbighug.gif and happy birthday for Wednesday, 4kg phew! Nice one mum!!

And to Jude bbighug.gif I'm very sorry that has happened to you. I hope you have love and support from family and friends to get you through till you find your feet somewhat.

Please forgive me, KK???? Sorry my memory is embarrassingly bad blush.gif (crikey so is my spelling)

Aminilla (think I have spelt that wrong, sorry) How are you? Hope everything has settled for you and dh, thinking of you.

RD I noticed a name change wink.gif . How are you? How is your progress going?

SG  waves.gif

Edited by My4Sunshines, 22 January 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#54 TotesFeral

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

Hello ladies!!!

QUOTE (My4Sunshines @ 23/11/2011, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh and I noticed KMA something exciting on your sig, hope it happens soon wink.gif  wink.gif  wink.gif  wink.gif

Oh you noticed that?  wink.gif Hasn't happened yet but my cycles have been all over the place as some of the other ladies would know that are in out TTC thread.
I'm hoping this month will be better for us.

Not much has been going on for us. Addison is good although she is currently sick, hoping that passes soon.
I was one of the ones Heidles mentioned with a sick family member. My nan has been diagnosed with lung and bone cancer. They can't operate so chemo has started but we aren't too sure how long she will have.
We leave for our cruise in exactly 4 weeks. I'm excited but also nervous about leaving Addison.

Hope everyone is well xx

Oh and yay to FG!

#55 My4Sunshines

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

waves.gif KMA I noticed your name change then realised it is still KMA after all rolleyes.gif  ddoh.gif aging isn't being very kind to me ssorry.gif
My cycles after Taj actually improved to a reliable 28 days, never in my menstral life have they ever been like that, I was always 33-35 days and it was hell waiting for each month to s l o w l y pass by ttc.

I'm really sorry your Nan is so sick, that is such a kick in the guts, mine hurt just reading about it. I hope you get some quality time with her hhugs.gif

A cruise, how exciting. Is this your honeymoon? Maybe a new family member will eventuate from it?!!! wink.gif

Hope you don't mind, I ninja.gif the other thread and was surprised to see several Aug DIGers in there, all the babies are at that great stage to bring another along now. I wish you all the best and hope to hear of some success very soon.

I did see 1 already has, congratulations millie (sorry I forgot to mention you the other day and I had thought about you earlier as well) I pray this bubba stays with you for another 8 months. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, my heart sank when I read that, m/c suck and hurt like hell.
I'd love to hear how things are going on your side of town wink.gif

#56 lexington

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:35 AM

Nope I did not go to Singapore.
She is no longer in a critical medical hospital but a rehab one.
This also suits my mother more as she is not as worried when she goes to work. They have met a social worker. Mum tells me that she will be transported to and from home to a 'old folks daycare' when she gets out. My grandma is very happy with this arrangement and she prefers this to hiring a maid in our house. Grandma was worried the maid would bully and neglect her while Mum is out.
Isn't it wonderful to have such services without jumping through hoops or wait ten years to get in? Sometime when I have so much difficulty dealing with childcare etc I wished that I was there. I would be able to get 5.5 day week childcare for $1000 a month with no waitlist. And that is the top end centres.

Anyway I whinge on. I'll be back!!

#57 TotesFeral

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

Yep it is our honeymoon.  biggrin.gif We are doing a fair bit while over there, including a tour of the Cadbury Factory  wink.gif
DH just laughs at me as I have this whole folder of information on the stuff already booked and the stuff we can look at when we get there. I want to be organised dammit!

No that's okay, stalk all you want! Yes I did see Millies BFP! Yay for her. AFM I'm pretty sure I O'd today, so day 31 but just going to keep an eye on my temps and see if they keep rising the next couple of days. My fingers are crossed that we have succeeded this time.

Yeah my name change was a bit of a joke that was going on at the time. But yep it is still KMA.

Lex it is crazy the difference between here and Singapore! I'm glad they didn't have to jump through hoops!

#58 Skip to my Lou

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

Wow so nice to see some action going on in here biggrin.gif

In the last few days P has really been trying me. Really cranky and so determined to get her own way - to the point of helping herself to apples from the fridge whenever she feels like it, and yesterday biting me quite hard on the arm when I wouldn't let her get my water bottle. You should see my bruise. Nice birthday present that one!

It's not communication issues as she has well over 40 words (made a list when coming home from Melb the other week cos I was bored bored bored) and understands what we say. It's simply turd behaviour - acting up cos she isn't getting her own way. It better pass soon as I will lose patience with her before too long. Hopefully it's just a phase for a couple of days. Please please please....lol

Well house excavation was supposed to begin Monday just gone, but no. Am still waiting to hear if it will start next Monday. It better as I need the house to be finished before we go on holiday next Sep, and if they don't start it soon then it doesn't allow for much time over their allowance. (I'm being realistic, and don't actually expect the house to be finished when they say it will).

No doubt when excavation finally starts you will hear my sighs of relief no matter how many km you live away from me...hehehe

Take care all xx

#59 heidles82

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

STML - Happy Birthday original.gif Jackson is testing my limits too. He is so full of energy all of the time and does not like it one bit if he doesn't get his own way! Very exhausting for me too! Hopefully this stage will pass soon  rolleyes.gif

M4SS - KK is kckb (who had Max) - one of the ladies on FB stared writing KK instead of her full name and it stuck  happy.gif

Wow it is late and I really should be asleep  yyawn.gif

#60 My4Sunshines

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

mad.gif Why cant I delete my custom member title? I can get to the page and delete it then when I click amend my details it says nno2.gif wt????? mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

stml Happy birthday for Tuesday biggrin.gif
Rest assured Taj can put on the nasties as well. When we take things from him he shouldn't have or he is frustrated in any way he will grab at any skin you have (face, arm leg) and give it a good pinch ohmy.gif bl**dy bu**er hurts too!
Taj also gets into the fridge for apples! We have put a catch on it though as he could get into something that will make him sick with his allergies.
Oh your house worries is why I would never build again. I really hope they get their butts into gear soon and you start seeing your house sprout from the ground.
Is F excited about going to school? Are you?? wink.gif

RD (sorry I forgot your new name) Is A ready for school?

heidles ddoh.gif of course!! I've always wondered how KK ( wink.gif ) is going.
Also Patsy, crumpet (is she on fb??) good grief so so many more!!

Well getting dd3 ready for school and it is going smoothly, we have everything she needs, she is SO excited, I am for her then I get a bit sooky and that plunging feeling in the pit of my tummy.
DD2 is in grade 4 and DD1 is in grade 6 ffear.gif  ffear.gif YIKES, she is growing up so fast, I'm almost the mum of a teenager **starts to feel faint**
What will I do with Taj on my own?? My entertainers will all be gone this time next week happy.gif

#61 Skip to my Lou

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

ILB - Patsy is doing well, got married, and is starting a new business venture.
Apologies crumpet, can't think of your real name...

Had to laugh Heidles - so used to KK being KK now, that I forgot she was Kckb lol

ILB - F is quite looking forward to school, she starts on the 6th, everything ready although I have yet to iron her labels on her uniform. I am looking forward to it too, though am going to miss her and also concerned about keeping P entertained all day every day now.... blink.gif .  Phoebesmummy also had Phoebe start school last week and that went well for her. Last I heard RD and A were both looking forward to school starting as well.

House excavation wont be till the 6th or 7th now sad.gif We have permits but because of the delay with the slab design the excavator went and booked another job. Rude!! lol. Oh well, one more week of saving I guess...Funny, just as my baby starts going to school, a new baby (the house) will begin !! lol

#62 heidles82

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Mine got off to a great start - we picked up our new car yesterday afternoon - a brand spanking new Subaru Outback  eexcite.gif It's got a good sized boot (can fit the strider in with plentry of extra room for groceries) and three anchor points  wink.gif

Best of luck to all of you whose little ones are starting school! It will be me in a couple of years time  oomg.gif  laughing2.gif

#63 Skip to my Lou

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

Congrats Heidles!

I still miss my Subaru Outback. Great great car to drive sad.gif

#64 lexington

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Congrats on the new car! I saw the pic and I is jellus. original.gif heidles82

STML & M4SS - how did the school run go?

I am going to admit that Mr lexi has started looking at Melbourne High entry tests papers. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA For those that do not know. It is a selective public high school in Melbourne.
I always thought that I was the Tiger Mum.

#65 Skip to my Lou

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

Big day tomorrow. Frey starts school and our excavation for the house starts!!

Also, if anyone is interested I have started a blog on the build. It's my first blog so be kind! lol http://gogreenbuild.blogspot.com.au/

Found out that a friend is pregnant today, quite excited! I have given her some bottles already and she wants my pram and high chair too. So will clean up the big pram and pass it over soon, the high chair I will stick with a little longer until Paigey grows enough to reach the table well from a normal chair. She isn't due until July so won't be needing the chair for a while anyway. It's so weird how I am not a clucky person, but get so absurdly happy and excited when I found out a friend is pregnant.

Hope everyone is doing well, it's gone quiet again.....

ETF typos cos they annoy me lol

Edited by Skip to my Lou, 05 February 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#66 heidles82

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hello!!!

STML - I had a peek at your blog and I am super excited for you! I hope the build goes as smoothly as possible!

I have some exciting news - DH and I have been TTC#2 since I got my mirena out in December, and I got a faint BFP yesterday and again today ddance.gif I am going to get a digital test with conseption indicator over the weekend and test again on Monday to be sure, as I have got a couple of negatives with some IC tests but the positives with the First Response tests. So fingers crossed it IS a BFP!

#67 ShopgirlX

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Heidles, congrats! I had been wondering about you since we all randomly met up in the January TTC thread!

STML great work!  Now we can all stalk you on your blog Tounge1.gif

Us... well we're travelling along but I'm sick... morning sick!!! eexcite.gif  I don't really feel like joining another PG or DIG at this stage so I hope you all don't mind me sharing with you gals!  Can't share anywhere else at this stage and have had strange cramps right from the word go so I'm a bit reluctant to open up just yet.  Timing is a bit uncertain, I would say I've just gone 7 weeks.  Hoping for a dating scan when I finally bother to go see a GP and get a referral for my OB appointment which I have already made!!

Hope everyone else is going well!! waves.gif

#68 Skip to my Lou

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

Congrats again Heidi!!

And Congrats to you too Shopgirl!! I had cramping with Paige, that I never had with Freya. Exactly like period pain. I called the hospital (I was about 7-8 weeks at this stage) and the stupid midwife told me I was DEFINITELY having a miscarriage. Uh huh. I miscarried exactly 33 weeks later on my due date...stupid cow. Hopefully the pains you are getting are just like what I had - just a stretching of the womb which I just didn't get first time round....And of course we don't mind if you share all with us - don't you dare leave us for another group!!!!!

Will be taking photos of the block later on, so the Blog should get updated in the next day or so.

All going good here, Paige is missing her sister while she is at school, but is enjoying the activities that we do together now. Her talking is amazing! and she now tells me when she has done a #2 which is terrific. I love using the cloth nappies...but can't wait until she is toilet trained! lol
Freya is loving school, I'm not quite loving the interference I am getting from the MIL who works there, but otherwise all is good.

Hope everyone else is well xxxx

#69 heidles82

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Yay shopgirl!!!!

#70 ShopgirlX

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Waiting for M4S to arrive and faint from all the exciting news suddenly in our thread!!  laugh.gif Tounge1.gif wwhistle.gif  

Thanks for your experience with the cramps too, Lou.  It's literally been happening almost since conception and the little one's still sticking around, so I'm not worrying too much ... I did have this bizarre feeling really early on of my body going into 'pregnancy mode' like it knew exactly what to do with what was happening so I am sure it's all related.

Heidles how are you travelling?

Where's Essy, BabyBec, RD, Slippers, Sara, um, um, can't remember others, don't take it personally! Just come back and let us know how you are!!

xx

#71 My4Sunshines

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Holey Smokes there has been a population explosion!!!! laughing2.gif

QUOTE (shopgirl76 @ 12/02/2012, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Waiting for M4S to arrive and faint from all the exciting news suddenly in our thread!!  laugh.gif  Tounge1.gif  wwhistle.gif

Yes it sure was a surprise to see all those BFP.gif 's and a very exciting surprise too happy.gif
Heidles I hope you got your 'definite' result wink.gif
SG Are you due around the same time as millie?
KMA I am hands.gif for you

Congratulations, I am so thrilled for all of you and it is so so special to see your 1st babies be big siblings when the new baby comes, then you realise just how big they are ohmy.gif

SG As skip said don't leave us for another group we want to hear all about how you are going and all the new surprises that come along!!!

Skip I have bookmarked your blog (looks great btw!!)
My big girl will be down your way in 2 weeks on camp, though wont be as long as I thought as she got into the District swimming which is next week and if she gets into Zone a teacher will have to bring them home on the Thursday as that event is on the Friday. i told her that is good as she wont have to pack up all the camp stuff Tounge1.gif
Does F like school? T is loving it though she is quite tired, they finished at 1pm last week and this week is 2.15 finish. As of next week they will be full time, and she'll be even more tired and grumpy, yay nno2.gif

Lex I wrote this on the morning I dropped dd3 off at school, that will explain how it went unsure.gif
http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=959498
laughing2.gif Mr Lexi you are a crack up, you need to start saving for that before you have kids!!
That would be us sending dd's to St Margarets or Taj to Hailebury ( roll2.gif so not happening)

Sorry to cut this short I have tonnes to do and need to move my tooshie into gear.
waves.gif to everyone, please come in and say hi

Edited by My4Sunshines, 13 February 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#72 heidles82

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

The digital test says pregnant  ddance.gif I am about 4 1/2 weeks, due mid October.

Have been trying to call my GP today but each time the phone was engaged. Will try again tomorrow - just need the referral to my OB and hopefully get a dating scan in a couple of weeks  bbabyflip.gif

I think I will join shopgirl and just stick with my first DIG  llove.gif

#73 My4Sunshines

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (heidles82 @ 13/02/2012, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The digital test says pregnant  ddance.gif I am about 4 1/2 weeks, due mid October.
I think I will join shopgirl and just stick with my first DIG  llove.gif

eexcite.gif Yay Heidles, that's great news, congratulations

Oh and good girl for staying here too Tounge1.gif

#74 slippers

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

hi, everyone, I've been such a slacker and not doing EB at all, sorry. life has been so busy and I will be working four days a week for four months soon so it is getting busier. DS has started kindy and loves it, DD1 is in Yr2 but is home sick with an ear infection, Sophie turned 18 months last Sunday and is still having a bedtime BF, I always aimed to get to 18 months and now have finally done it so I can be satisfied with that.

lots going on here, so exciting there are bubs born and sibs on the way, I hope it is all going perfectly, Gawd, I just realised I should be watching the text a bit more closely, the autocorrect changed that to 'buns born and sins on the way', haha.

Take care, all.

#75 lexington

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (slippers @ 15/02/2012, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
'buns born and sins on the way', haha.

This makes sense though. LOL

Wahhhh wahhhhhahah population explosion!

Yes please be sharing HERE!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.