February 2009 Parents # 66

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#51 White-Lily

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

July Baby Congrats on the birth of Alex. Sorry to hear about his hips. Yeah Shae had DDH too but she was put in a Correctio Harness. She was in the harness full time for 3 months and then overnight for another 3.5months. It was more of an issue for us than her too. It only took her a few day to get used to it and it took us much longer to work out how to hold her and feed her etc.
Shae had wind problems while wearing the harness as she couldnt move her lower half around to relieve the wind herself so maybe the harness is making the reflux worse, poor thing.
Try not to worry about how long he will be in the harness, it gets better and easier as time goes on. We too were told it would only be 6 or so weeks of harness but she was in hers for 7 months and still hasnt been given the all clear and discharged from the children's hospital yet... Hopefully at her 4 year check up they will finally be happy with her hips! Hope Alex gets the all clear sooner than Shae!
Shae also got really bad skin from wear the harness rubbed, we used a cream called The Invisible Glove, which was brilliant.

Neve has her first hip ultrasound at 6 weeks but no one felt anything out of place when she was born so we are hoping her hips are ok  hands.gif

AFU we are pretty good. Suffering through TT'ing regression with Shae but I think we are going to try a reward chart and see how we go. She is mainly being lazy and being too distracted to go when she needs to and not listening to me when I ask her if she needs to go. It is so frustrating!!

Neve is going really well. Weighed today at 4.7kg so up 1kg from birth in 3.5 weeks which im chuffed about, she really is looking chubby now  wub.gif
Feeding roughly every 3 hours round the clock and is getting really good at it.

Anyway, Neve is due to wake shortly so I had better go.

#52 NurseGladys

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

Woohoo, welcome new babies!!!!!

Welcome Neve, congrats Suzanne!!!!

Welcome Alex!!!!

We have TT regression here too, you think now that Aiden is 5 months, Zack woudl be over it by now but no!!!!  He is lazy and gets distracted too!!

We are going well here too.  Aiden has slotted into life here nicely but it has been a bumpy winter.  He was diagnosed with Influenza A at four months and just hasn't been the same since.  Can't wait for the warm weather to hit to clear these bugs out once and for all!!!!!!

Looking forward to Tinks news of the arrival of her little man!!!!

#53 White-Lily

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

ph34r.gif for baby news from Tinks!

All good here. Had Neve's 6 week check up and she is packing on the weight!! 5.7kg already, well bigger now I expect!

Hip u/s on the 10th,  hands.gif everything is ok with her hips.

Shae is getting better with the toilet again but there is some serious bribery and reward charts happening to get her back to where she was!

#54 NurseGladys

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

I am sure Tinks will be in before long but she had her little man and he is just gorgeous!!!!

We are using bribary here too but it isn't working too well.  I hope Neve's u/s goes well!!!

#55 tinkster23

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

I'm here!
I've had no computer and have had my hands full with my gorgeous boy. Ben arrived on 7/9 weighing 4.36kg (at  38+2, woûld have beén a giant like jack if not for early eviction!)

All doing pretty well here, starting to settle into life as a family of five.

Typing one handed so will come back later

biggrin.gif

#56 content1

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Congratulations Tinkster on the arrival of Ben, WOW 4.36kg a very good size! He is absolutely gorgeous wub.gif

Glad you are all well and settling into life with your lovely family.

#57 White-Lily

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Congrats Tinks of the birth of Ben! He is gorgeous!

All good here mostly - Neve has reflux and her hips are borderline so we are off to PMH for that to hopefully just be monitored but more than likely braced as well. Never mind tho. The reflux is ok mostly too, she seems to be a happy spewer most days but the washing is insane!
She has started sleeping thru the last few nights too which is wonderful.

Shae is doing better with the toilet thanks to a reward/start chart. She loves Neve to bits and always wants to cuddle her which is lovely. Mind you sometimes she is a bit rough! We had our first head hitting incident a few weeks ago.

Got to go and start dinner, BBL

#58 leita

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

Naww, Tinks, Ben is just a little stunner. So cute. Hope you are just loving those beautiful newborn cuddles, and are healing well. Hope he's not getting you up too often to feed, well, hope he's better than his brother anyway ;-)

WHitelily- fingers crossed for Neve's hips, and that the spewing settles down for you quickly! eeew.

JulyBaby- did I welcome little Alex? I hope so! Love that name, so strong. Hope all is going well with him.

AFU- well, my little poombah is 11 months now, and tips the scales at 12kgs.  rolleyes.gif There's gold in them boobies I swear- I feed up enormous babies! Still now crawling by himself (what a shame!) but loves to walk around holding you hand, so I won't be able to keep him still much longer.

We bought a new house a few weeks ago- and have sold ours now, so just sitting around for the next six weeks waiting for settlement. It's all very exciting. Moving into a catchment area for a better school for Miss Mali, who of course starts 4yo kindy there in Feb  cry1.gif my baby at school!! And of course the house is bigger and nicer- I'll have room for my fridge in the kitchen instead of having it in the laundry. It's the little things  wacko.gif will miss our lovely backyard- new block is the same size as this, but the house is much bigger so the yard feels tiny  laugh.gif I'll get used to it in a matter of minutes I"m sure :-). Walking distance to school, so I'm chuffed.

Hope all is well with everyone- especially all those new babies  biggrin.gif photos ladies, I need photos of those babies :-)

#59 White-Lily

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Just quickly

Neve got her harness/brace on Friday sad.gif She has adapted quickly with her sleeping almost back to what it was last week so that side of it is ok, its just disappointing to be going through this again.
Review just after Xmas

Congrats leita on the new house!

#60 leita

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

First day at school today for Miss Amalia!! All went well, she is much happier now that she's met the teachers and a few "friends". Was thinking of you guys, and hope everyone's first day went well- or goes well if you are starting later in the week.

We had our birthday party for Amalia yesterday too- sweet child was very concerned that she couldn't go to school because she wasn't 4 yet, so we fixed that with an early party ;-)

Happy birthday to all the Feb 2009 bubies!!

Hope all those new babies are doing well, how are those hips now??

:-)

#61 White-Lily

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hope school has gone well for everyone! I really cant believe Shae is old enough!!
She had her first day on Monday and it went well. She isnt keen on me leaving but is ok otherwise. She is such a mummy's girl!

Happy Birthday to all the kids too! We had Shae's birthday party a few weeks ago. We did a Peppa Pig muddy puddles party and the kids loved it and had a blast jumping in the puddle.

Neve is good, getting big! Still in her brace overnight but not for much longer hopefully original.gif

Hope everyone is well

#62 summerbub

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Oh Hai everyone!

I haven't been in here for yonks and yonks! So much has happened by the looks.

Suzanne - Congrats on the birth of Neve - love her name and she shares the same birthdate as Harriet!! OMG! 2 years apart!

Leita - congrats on your 'baby poomba'!!

I've caught up with everyone else on fb!

Happy birthday to all the Feb 09 babies. I cannot believe Noah is 4 now cry1.gif

AFM: we are doing well, we moved back to Townsville after 3 + years in Brisbane and are enjoying the lifestyle change though I miss my sister dearly.
We are building a house which is due to start in about 2 weeks, should take 5-6 months to complete. Very excited it's on a hill and has beautiful views over Magnetic Island wub.gif
Work has been pretty dull. I'm busy but my brain is not stimulated in this NQ role. In Brisbane I was a part of the leadership team and up here you just don't get that level of "business partnering" that we had in Brissy. Oh well, next year is my 10 y anniversary so I'll probably hang out for long service then take off.

Noah is doing so well. He is still such a lovely little boy. He is in Kindergarten and has made his first best friend all on his own. His mate (Nate) came over to our house on the weekend for Noah's birthday party and his parents are normal and quite funny so that's a bonus. I'm so proud of him for making his first friend that is out of our social circle!

Harriet is a little Harri-RAT! She is such a ratbag. She thinks she is 4 years old also and does everything Noah does. She speaks perfectly in sentences and is a bit bossy! haha She is full of life but at the same time is completely gorgeous. I wouldn't change a think about either of them!

Alrighty well hopefully I'll pop in more often again now that I have checked the page again.

See you guys

xx

#63 White-Lily

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:35 PM

Hi all or anyone that still visits here!!

Miss you all xx

Kids are good, finally got a diagnosis for Shae so after all theses years of tests and sickness we finally have some answers... And a whole bunch of new questions!  But at least we are getting there!

Neve is 20months now!! And after being out of her harness got put back in another harness! That was a rude shock at what we thought was just going to be a routine check up. Hopefully the harness will get her hip angles sorted out otherwise she is off to surgery :(

And we are thinking of having a third, well I'm decided - I want one, hubby just has to come round to the idea, which he thinks he is getting there slowly. Time will tell I guess!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.