New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialkids.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=915273

#2 mesaana

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:32 AM

Thanks Catalyst  biggrin.gif

Gold  cool.gif

#3 mesaana

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

I found the perfect pair of sunglasses yesterday - and then got told my eyesight is too bad for those pair of glasses.  Gosh I hate having crap vision.

Off to make a necklace today ... have some ideas I need translated.  I have a fair on tomorrow - bit annoyed as something I was hoping would be in hasn't got here in time.  Oh well - next time hey.

#4 azalia

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

Woohoo new thread. Need some questions to get it going!

Mulan - Foiund your news on FB! Excellent!! Hope this one is a good one:)

Enjoy the fair Messana, i hope that it goes well. Have you done many?

Edited by azalia, 28 October 2011 - 11:45 AM.

#5 mokeydoke

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:57 AM

Just think of the new house Alinta, just think of the new house...it's so hard. You do such a wonderful job, and home and work, I don't know how you aren't totally self absorbed with pride laughing2.gif I have to admit, for every time Peter is thinking how nice it would be for us to have more money by me working I'm thinking how nice it would be to have a husband who wasn't at work so much. And he doesn't even work away!

Mulan - Congratulations! Not sure what I can say on here though so will head to fb laughing2.gif

Well Lu's orientation went well, she's such a different kid to the older 2 (who are emotionally intense). She just goes with the flow mostly. There are going to be 12 kids in the class I think, and only 2 girls  ohmy.gif The other girl is lovely though, a really nice kid so that's a good thing.

Curtis was an absolute pain in the neck though, running out of the hall continuously during the presentation and parent's chat. He ended up in the kinder classroom 3 times  rolleyes.gif I remember Lu was just as painful last year and the year before though, but how good would it be to have a nice and quiet child, who would sit and play with the blocks, or be content with a cup of cordial and a piece of slice (like the other kids there). I swear, when Curtis is at his orientation, I hereby vow to assist other parents with younger kids without any judgement!

I was speaking to the principal about the rice/pizza debacle. She started the conversation because she wanted to tell me how good Olivia was, sharing her pizza and warming his pizza and chasing down sauce for his pizza. She might be emotionally intense but she is also very, very caring and looks out for other kids/people. I told her while I understood the idea behind it, I think it was lost on the kinder kids.

Anyway I ended up eating 5 sausage rolls (little ones) at the school because Curtis kept bringing them to me half eaten so I'm feeling a bit slothlike here. Little athletics this afternoon, then pizza/movie night. Bring on the weekend!

#6 mokeydoke

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

How about we do a reminiscing post, with a photo of baby Jan07 and school kid/transition kid Jan07 to get us going?
Baby baby Lu

At 1

At 2

At 3

#7 mokeydoke

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

And today, at 4, at orientation

Where did all that time go?!

It's really easy to copy photos from fb - just right click on the photo, copy the Properties line, insert picture in eb, and paste the properties line.

Now hurry up and someone else do it so I don't feel like an ASW wink.gif (first time I've ever said that eb phrase laughing2.gif).

#8 Naz32

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

What's an asw?

I'm not on PC so can't do it.

Great just watched Simon tip a bucket of water on himself.

#9 Mulan

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:42 PM

Attention seeking whore.
Sorry mandy I won't put pics on EB. I love looking at them here though

Alinta I hope g gets home soon so he can check out the new house.

Crap you can't get the glasses you want Laura

Just ate a lovely leafy salad all from my garden. Why do homegrown veggies have so much more flavour than from the greemgrocer. Kale, English spinach, lettuces, carrots, snow peas and broad beans, all full of flavour. I'm still just 1 kg away from my goal weight. It's driving me nuts just not getting to it. I can feel my shape changing since we got our bikes though. Might head off for a little while before the school run

#10 azalia

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

Edited by azalia, 28 October 2011 - 12:58 PM.

#11 azalia

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

How did you get yours smaller Mandy? Thats what size mine came through from FB

#12 mokeydoke

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

I probably resized before uploading to fb.

How gorgeous is Byron...and so little looking as a baby! It's funny to see the changes when the photos are all in a series like that.

Mulan - nice to be able to get all that from your garden! I cooked a cheesecake last night and used our last 6 eggs (our hens have all gone clucky). It's good to be a little bit self sufficient.

Naz - Simon was hot, that's all wink.gif

I have no clue where Curtis is. I can feel myself getting greyer every minute with him.

#13 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

No time to post pics right now, we're off to the coast for Mum's birthday bash. I do want to say though that I love love love that I remember almost all the photos posted so far & no doubt will remember all the oned to come. Our shared history is very dear to me wub.gif

#14 sam_k

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

Hiya!  Finally a new thread!

Well TGIF and a long weekend.  I am giving myself Monday off (kind of) - going to the holidat house but the laptop will come with me.  Can't do too much work without accessing the work server though.  It's been an insane couple of weeks with a tax deadline on Monday and BAS one today, so glad it is drawing to a close.  Still stacks of work on though.

Alinta I have a fabulous idea for what you can do for NYE and have a holiday too - see the ProBoards for info  wink.gif  And you guys are most welcome at our family Christmas as it's always got a few extras, but I'm guessing it's a bit far for you to travel.  I could tempt you with the promise of real-fruit frozen daquaries...

Mesaana can't you get your optometrist to fit prescription lenses into the sunglasses for you?

#15 fillesetjumeaux

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

I wondered how we could languish at an average of about 1 post a day, then suddenly have 13 in a brand new thread!!!  Then I opened it and saw the photos...

#16 Onemorebub

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:51 AM

Zara is so beautiful as is Byron and Lu aww!

Mandy I am with 100% about Curtis B is the same he drives me insane and has done ever since he could walk!! I have no idea how to discipline him he is stubborn and doesnt care about what I say at all!! and he gave me my only 3 grey hairs and will continue too! good contraception!!

#17 mokeydoke

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

I totally agree Megan! All of these photos I've seen before (but don't get me wrong, I love seeing them now!) and I remember so much of all of their lives, and the lives of everyone in their families. I've loved watching them all grow, new babies added to the mix, and now some with hormones and becoming teenagers...that will be ours one day, these beautiful faces will all go through gawky stages (perhaps?). I wonder if we'll all even notice the changes, or do we see the faces so often ourselves and know so much about each of these kids that we just see the same beautiful faces we've always seen?

I actually get a little bit clucky seeing these babies. But not really wink.gif

Bon - Curtis is easy to discipline at home, he just goes to his bedroom laughing2.gif But when we are out I'm clueless and he knows it. He's fast too! You know how when they start escaping, if you start chasing them straight away they might think it's all a game and just run faster (laughing all the while? laughing2.gif), so you kind of have to move towards the escaping child tentatively and hope they change their mind and don't escape afterall? (did anyone follow that?!). Well with Curtis you can't give him that lead, you MUST go hard and fast or you'll never catch him!

I'm not sure what we are doing over Christmas. I'm hoping we'll get to spend a lot of time here actually, and just hang out.

#18 fillesetjumeaux

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

Thank freaking dog I've never had a runner.  Not bad out of 5 kids, hey?  I don't think I would have the energy to chase.

I agree too, Megan.  I remember going to a BBQ once and being introduced to a couple of the host's friends, who were Mothers' Group friends from her original MG when her DS was a baby, and he was at that point 14yo.  Will this be us in another 10 years?  I hope so!  Imagine us all having a celebratory drink at the end of the HSC?!  Or attending weddings?  21sts?  I wonder which of our Jan 07 babies will be the first to become a parent?

#19 mokeydoke

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

ohmy.gif
Our babies becoming parents??!!
hey maybe we will have a Jan07 wedding, Byron and Scarlett perhaps?

#20 Mulan

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

Parents! Weddings! 21sts! What is this blasphemy you speak. I'll remain in denial. My little one will stay 4 I think. I'll just freeze time right now. 2 women from my mothers group with my first son are grandparents now.

Mandy my kids are easier to discipline at home too, the threat of consequences when we get home sometimes works. I laughed myself silly when we came home one day and dd walked in the house and sat straight down on the time out chair. I had forgotten I had told her she was going there when we got home. That 3 minutes was a very quick one that day

I'm getting very clucky seeing these babies. I was very teary and clucky at kinder orientation.

#21 mesaana

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

I remember arguing with my MIL who insisted that she would HAVE to invite her two friends to our wedding, and me being so against it saying I'd just want something small... now imagine if we were that sort of MIL "But its only 30 people that we'd have to invite ...."  roll2.gif

I might put the photo roll on the other page later :-)

The fair was a bit dead today ... sigh.  At least I made back my stall money.

#22 mamaknits

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

sorry to hear business wasn't so great today, Laura but at least there are no out of pocket expenses.

Ladies ladies, stop talking about the HSC and weddings and grandkids! I am struggling with the idea that my Jan07 bub is going to school next year. sad.gif we tried on his school uniform today and he looked so grown up, especially with the tie!

#23 mamaknits

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

our journey:

#24 fillesetjumeaux

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

I have always had a soft spot for Alex.  He and Zara would make beautiful babies wink.gif

Laura, sorry the fair was a bit of a bust today.

#25 mamaknits

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

matchmaking playdate coming up, Janet? Tounge1.gif I must warn you though, that he seens to have a soft spot for older women and blondes.. so perhaps he and Grace? LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.