January 07 Parents # 543

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#176 mokeydoke

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

Ew Anna that sounds disgusting! So what on earth do you do to stop his reaction when showering?!

I'm after some quick help, if anyone can. It would just save me googling and would help my organisation. Olivia wants a potion kit for Christmas, so we are going to make one up. If you know any simple experiments, including a list of ingredients, please let me know!

#177 Corrie_lyn78

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

Wow that's a bit tricky Anna, a shower is probably the first thing I would think to help relieve the rash! Our water is crap too (not like that) but DH is too much of a tight a*se (he says environmentalist, I beg to differ) to buy it.

Bon, Staph is nasty sad.gif , Harrison had a bad time with it when he was little. I hope he heals fast.

Megan, you are a regular green thumb! DH keeps starting to do the garden properly and then gets lazy with the weeding and chucks in some seeds so the vegies grow amongst the weeds lol. That's why I asked you about the garden beds. I want to get him some for his 40th.

Moa, it's your birthday don't do what others want. Enjoy it.

Alinta, that sounds like a beautiful gift for Gavin.

Mandy, I have no ideas on the potions but it sounds like a neat present.

AFM, had a day off with my sick bubba. The psycho weather has made her cough flair up again. I hope she does not get bronchialitis again. The Dr said not to be surprised if she gets another does next winter but it is meant to be summer!

#178 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

Anna have you looked into a filter for your tap/taps? That sounds awful sad.gif

#179 lissiloo

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

Yes I was going to say the same thing Anna. A filter might be what you need -- you can get them at eco or health-food type shops and online to fit kitchen sinks, laundry sinks, showers etc.

Mandy -- we have a set of Usborne cards with easy science experiments on them, things like making a "volcano" in a soda bottle, etc. All easy to get supplies like bicarb or dish detergent. I will have a look through when I have a moment to pull out a few -- it's this book in card form. That might be a good recipe book for her so to speak!

How's the puppy?

We had Poppy's kinder concert tonight. Of course, she has come down with the cold that the other two have had, croaky voice etc. I picked her up early from kinder so she could have a quiet afternoon, so she was quite chirpy at the concert. It was very cute.

My ILs arrive tomorrow evening for 2 weeks. I'm sort of looking forward to it and sort of not, means a lot more work for me with cooking etc, and they won't be much help with Jack, but they will do a lot with Poppy so that will help, as she finishes kinder a week and a half almost before Ella finishes school.

Jack's 2nd birthday is on Friday (!!!) and we are having a BBQ with family and friends on Saturday evening to celebrate. Poor 3rd child, doesn't get a real party, just a cake   wink.gif  We are giving him a Thomas set, it's a bit old for him but I got it at the Mattel warehouse for at least half the price it sells for in the shops, it's one of those motorised ones. I'm sure he'll grow into it, just hopefully won't destroy it first.

Well, I have a lounge room to tidy and a mountain of laundry to sort out so the cleaner can do her job tomorrow. Talk to you on the weekend hopefully!

Cheers
Liss

#180 cuddlymumof4

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

Thanks Ladies. Poor boy has been having sponge bath's with water we have brought but i know he just wants to have a real shower so i think i will have to look into the filters.

Mandy: That sounds like an awesome present. Good luck.

Liss: Wow where does the time go, hard to believe Jack is turning 2 already.

Anna

Edited by cuddlymumof4, 08 December 2011 - 02:14 PM.

#181 azalia

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

Anna - that sounbds awful, I hope you are able to get a filter or something else soon, and then Tyson is better. Poor thing.

#182 Corrie_lyn78

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

I'm so sick sad.gif . I really needed to work today but couldn't manage it.

#183 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:03 PM

Yuck Corrie sad.gif. Rest well & get better soon.

I ordered our turf today woooohoooo! Delivery is tomorrow week & it will be laid that afternoon. Shane & I will be doing it with our landscaping mate so hopefully with us working our arses off we'll have all 200 square metres done by that night. Fingers crossed. Tomorrow we're going out to check out a couple of products for our parking area out the front. Crushed granite is one & asphalt millings is the other. The asphalt millings will compact down better & is a bit cheaper but it may be too dark, will have to see it in real life to be sure.

Off to deal with some laundry & vacuum original.gif

#184 Mulan

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

Would you consider a base of ashphalt millings and then the crushed granite?
It didn't take DH and I all that long to do our turf. Although our area is smaller, dh was done out front in just over an hour and we did the back before lunchtime. The bit that took the longest was the cutting and filling the gaps. Make sure you have a good saw. Much easier when it was sharp, as it got blunt it was a pita and rinse off any mud sods along the way made it easier too.

Anna I hope you can get some sort of filter on the tap for him. Sounds awful, have you contacted the water board to find out exactly what is in the water?

Corrie I hope you improve so you can enjoy the weekend.

Bon I hope the staph is clearing.

Mandy if you mean potion kit for stuff like shampoo and conditioner with scents etc or bath salts type potions then try something like SEOC or new directions so the raw ingredients or the base products and some bottles and she can mix them up to her hearts content

#185 Corrie_lyn78

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:07 AM

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks to my SS. It was received yesterday and my impatient boy ripped right into the packaging lol. I will wait to reveal what wonderful treats were in there and who from until others start arriving. I wanted to wait until Christmas and Lachie's birthday but DH is impatient and told L so I couldn't make him wait. He also stupidly put the sandpit I bought for A and L for Christmas under Lachie's bed and he's seen it. Still feeling a little queasy so I am going to go lay down with my poor baby girl.

#186 thebell

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:32 PM

I have no idea who it was so fess up!
Thanks so much.
I will be able to buy something new that fits me now!
xx
You made a sh*tty day/week/fortnight much better.
x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.