- - - - -

Win One of 5 “Ticklish” parenting books

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#1 EBLeearne

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:22 AM

Nothings beats a good old fashioned tickling!

It involves parent/child intimacy, companionship and laughter.  Ticklish, the second book by Dr Jennifer Barham-Floreani, is a 21st century parents’ bible.  The book explores new, simple, proven and research-based ideas to help children learn, love and play and will empower mums and dads with a collection of ideas and knowledge on how to connect with their child and take them to greater levels of health and wellbeing.

If you’re looking for ways to stimulate your relationship with your child or simply want to help your child engage with the world around them, Ticklish is a must read.

Ticklish is available from all good bookstores or can be ordered online at www.ticklishbook.com.  Recommended Retail Price: $24.95.

Prize:
5 Ticklish books valued at $24.95 each.
Total prize being: $125.50.

How to enter
For your chance to win, just reply below with the answer to the following question in 25 words or less:
My favourite way to spend special time with my child is to...

T&Cs pinned in competition forum.
Competition commences Wednesday December 21 2011 until Wednesday January 11, 2012.

#2 snowchick81

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

Read him the book "I love you as big as the world". It's the only book he sits still for and smiles the whole way.

#3 magdagucwa

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

...just to be there for them. There is a nice quote out there that says - "children spell LOVE - T-I-M-E"

#4 Barefoot

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

My DS doesn't like to sit still, so we play chase. Stomping upstairs and skipping down the street, has him in fits of giggles.

#5 jackievil

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

be there on there level and play games,  with the ball or read to them

#6 billyjean

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

Reading books with her and tickling her toes and tummy!

#7 dhanmer

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

Cuddles and Kisses..........nothing beats it!

Edited by dhanmer, 21 December 2011 - 01:19 PM.

#8 nikkibaby1

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

Middle of the night
Mummy and bubby
Cuddles and rocking
Until fast asleep
Just he and I
A special bond
Like no other

#9 ~shannon~

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

point to our body parts: "where are your ears?", "where is your nose?" but the belly button is the only one that goes "beep! beep!"

#10 Riotproof

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

Baking. He loves to roll, roll, roll.  wink.gif

#11 *Lib*

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

My favourite way to spend special time with my child is to read together. I love to snuggle up on the couch with her and listen to her read.

#12 Guest_breehartley_*

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

Spending time together outside where we touch, look and learn about the world we live in. Makes everything so fresh as an adult too.

#13 missemzy

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:24 PM

Love to cuddle up with my two girls on the couch and read a story and just relax and have quiet rest time.

#14 amesmiller

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

with lots of fun, laughter and love!

#15 Keule352000

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

We love to go to the playgroud in the park and go onto the big swing.

#16 3cubs

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:56 PM

Talk to him about his day, just being with them, engaging with whatever that they are doing in the moment.

#17 Immyxx

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

snuggled up in my bed with my little munchkin after a hard day of play watching our favourite movie The Wizard of Oz

#18 Daisies

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

I either play wii with the older two or do some cooking with them or doing what they want
with the youngest she loves to be tickled

#19 lilsunniegirl

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:50 AM

Always talking to him about what Im doing, lots of games, singing, cuddles and giggles, and giving special daddy bonding time with stories and baths.

#20 red in oz

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

I get a precious half-hour with my youngest before her big sister wakes, her current favourite thing is "dickies" (stickers), especially sticking them all over her, and my, arms and legs.

#21 Katet_86

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

Can't do much yet, but my favourite thing to do to bond with my baby is while driving, cranking the music and having a good sing!  Was the first time I felt the baby kick too biggrin.gif <3

#22 xilamish

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

...see him smiling or laughing. He has just started to do this while awake and it's the best thing ever!!! biggrin.gif

#23 Angel_Mon

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

Sitting quietly with my 3 year old son with him on my lap and talking to him about his day: what things he saw, things he did and what things made him happy. A great thing to do especially before bed. Good for winding down

#24 runnybabbit

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:32 PM

Sitting on the swing with my legs stretched out, him lying upside down on my lap with his head between my knees, swinging! <3

#25 kirsty129

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

Take a picnic to the park and run around and play with my toddler and her baby sister.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.