IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG #12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

#26 BJBubbles

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hi Ladies,

Wondering if I can join the group??  I've been lurking for a while and figured it was time I bit the bullet....

I'm 27, DH 33. We've been married since June 2009 and have been TTC since then too. After 4 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid in 2010 we started IVF last year...

I'm due to start my 3rd stim cycle tomorrow after 2 stims and 2 FET's last year.

**Pregnancy and loss mentioned***
OF my 4 transfers I got BFP's from both my Stims. The first ended in an early miscarriage, and the second sadly ended at 12w3d due to our baby having Anencephaly.

I'm doing the same protocol as last time - an antaganist cycle with Gonal F, Orgalutran and Ovidrel (trigger) with Crinone support.

I'm weirdly looking forward to it!  I just can't wait to start and feel like we're doing something again instead of just sitting around and wasting time...

I hope 2012 is kind to everyone!
xoxo

#27 librablonde

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

Hi ladies,

welcome BJBubbles original.gif It can be scary sometimes when looking at joining BG's, but everyone here is so lovely and supportive, and there's a wealth of IVF knowledge around you here. Good luck with your next stim.

Indigo- well, you're back in the thick of it again, when is your scheduled EPU?  Exciting times, I can relate to BJ saying it's good to feel like you're doing something again when you start a new stim cycle. I hope you get lots of great, robust eggs from this haul. I think I read somewhere else that you're on DHEA? Is that right? How do you find it?

Liltuss and Spock- I hope you're both trundling along really well original.gif

Mitchp- hi hon  waves.gif

AFM- well, I spoke to my clinic and found my FS does do hysteroscopies and fibroid removals himself, and so he can do it for me (assuming there's no super-sneaky other issues that are found). If I pay outright (I have no PHI) it'll cost about $2000ish. So I'm more than happy to do that if the ball can get rolling again ASAP. So now I just have to wait to see him 2nd Feb to confirm if he thinks this is the correct approach. I just hope his waiting list isn't too long to have the hyst. I really need to pull my mental health together. I just finished watching Fried Green Tomatoes and bawled my eyes out for most of it  cry1.gif  My DP's mum has made me promise I'll go and get some counselling soon. Yep, gotta get on that. I don't have the time to sit around and grieve endlessly without moving forward. God, I hate being like this, I was always such a positive person before. I am happy about FS doing the hyst though, so that was my silver lining original.gif

Edited by librablonde, 19 January 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#28 indigo~

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

Welcome BjBubbles! Yes, this is a lovely supportive BG. And it's nice to be able to lean on ladies that know what you're going through because they've also had a tough time of things. While we might be a bit jaded and cynical, we still have hope. Gosh, you've been through so much already at only 27. It will be great to have a cycle buddy!

Libra, big hugs to you. There is no timetable for grief, I think we just have to work through things at our own pace. You've been through a very traumatic time, so don't push yourself. I think the counseling is a good idea.

Good to hear you have a plan for the hysteroscopy and your FS can do it for you. I can't imagine you'll need to wait for long. Once my FS decided she wanted to do the laps, she booked me in within a week or so both times. Yes, I also find IVF action really helps my state of mind.

Yep, I'm on DHEA. Have been since after my first cycle, with breaks only while pregnant, then starting up again after both m/c. Unfortunately it gives me horrible acne, all over my face, scalp, neck, chest, arms. It usually stays on the top half of my body but have had a few rogue zits lower down too. But, I am a firm believer that it helps my egg numbers. Not sure about quality, it's hard to tell. I think the saizen has alot to do with it also.

I'm on multi-vit, DHEA, extra folic acid, Berocca and prednisone in the AM, then fish oil, caltrate, zinc and coQ10 in the PM. What supplements are everyone else on?

EPU hasn't been scheduled yet, but I guess it will be around Monday 30th Jan as it usually takes me ages for the follicles get big enough. That would be around day 17 or so. My preference would be Friday 27th as that gives me the weekend to recover but they might not be ready by then.

#29 BJBubbles

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

Thanks for the Welcome librablonde and indigo~!

*** pregnancy/loss mentioned***

librablonde - I've been reading your posts and my heart breaks for you. Definitely seek councelling - from personal experience, it really does help.  I'm glad you have got some "answers" of sorts and are starting to form your next plan.  Getting all the doctor appointments over with and moving onto the next thing was great for me. I hope you get your hyst soon and feel like you're on the upward climb again! It's hard and long, but I keep telling myself it WILL be worth it!

indigo~ I think I'm as jaded and cynical as the rest of you. Yep - we've endured a LOT, especially in the last 12 months - but gratefully my DH is an incredible support - we keep each other going on the days we question if we can!  

It's great to have a cycle buddy!  My first injection is due in 25 mins! It's been 10 months since my last stim, so I'm a little apprehensive about it - but I'll be fine!  From my history I think I'm looking at my EPU on 1st Feb - but my scan next week will help give me a better indication.

Can I ask why you break up your medications to morning and night? Just so you don't take everything at once?

I'm currently (stim cycle asside) on 5mg folic aid each night and a berocca every morning.  I'm about to add calcium to that too. I've asked my FS and nurses if I need/should be taking anything else and they said No. I would like to be taking at least iodine though... I'm seeing my GP next week so I might ask her what she thinks...?

I hope everyone has a lovely relaxing weekend!
xoxox
BJ

#30 minidiamond

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

Libra, really glad the FS looks like he can do your procedures.  Not cheap, but if you have the money it will be well worth making it happen asap.  Don't forget you can claim OOP medical costs on tax.  I hope his waiting list isn't too long, would he set aside clinical/operating days ? I'm not sure how it normally works but for my additional procedures like biopsy and D&CS, my FS scheduled in around his EPUs & transfers and I didn't have to wait long at all.  Good luck for the 2nd, not too long now.   Are you closer to seeing the counsellor ? You have to be ready, as difficult as it will be. Thinking of you sweetie ...

Welcome, BJbubbles ! Really sorry to hear about your losses, I hope this year brings you success and a pregnancy to term.  How is your cycle going so far ?

Indigo, how are you tracking ? Had a scan/BTS yet ?  In terms of supplements, prior to this BFP I was on pre-conception multi vits, CQ10, occasional royal jelly, Berocca, and prednisone for luteal phase support.

mitch, hopefully you're popping in now & then, hope you are doing okay.

Spocky, hope all is well, and you aren't feeling too bad, when is your next scan again ??  I hear you on the first trimester milestone !  

Halby, are you around ? If so, hi hun, how are you doing ??

** preg mentioned**
AFM, I woke up feeling really negative this morning, not really sure why, so went to the GP and got a scan referral, they were able to squeeze me in straight away.   Thankfully the bean is still on track, I am now 10 weeks, 5 days.  Slowly, slowly creeping towards 12 weeks.  Not much else to report, I have been getting quite a few headaches but I certainly cannot complain.

Edited by Liltuss, 21 January 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#31 librablonde

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

**Children mentioned**

Hi Ladies,

Liltuss and Indigo- thanks for that info on what supplements you're taking. Previously I've taken DHEA, CoQ10, Blackmore's Conceive Well, 1000mg Vit D, and some extra Iron (as I'm a vegetarian). I think the DHEA and CoQ10 really helped me for my last EPU, I get lots of side-effects from the DHEA (pimples- killer ones!!), greasy skin, hair loss  ohmy.gif , but I do think it's worth it for an old chook like me  wink.gif I'll restart everything except the DHEA this week, and get my new DHEA script from the FS when I see him 2nd Feb. I wanted to use up my last little 2 cell embie (from my last stim cycle) before doing another EPU (and having to sit on a waiting list for yet another donor). Does anyone know if I can keep taking the DHEA and CoQ10 if I'm doing my 2WW with that little embie? Or do I have to stop it and restart it as soon as I get a possible BFN with that embie and gear up for the EPU? Does that make sense? Sounds a bit jumbled to me..... I just want to have my 90 days worth of DHEA before the EPU, and while I'm hoping I don't have to wait long for the EPU and new donor, I also hope the last little embie works from my last EPU.

It's my 5 year old's DFS's birthday today so I'm in the midst of making a big robot birthday cake. Party starts at 10am original.gif And then I'm taking him to see The Muppet movie (which I've already seen as it was AWESOME!!!!)
original.gif

#32 indigo~

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hi libra. I have always stayed on the DHEA while in the 2ww and only stopped when got BFPs. I can't remember about the coq10 but I can't imagine it would be a problem. Will have to ask the FS when the time comes. Hope the b'day party goes well!

Liltuss, fantastic to hear all is going well with your pg! Xo

#33 minidiamond

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

libra, I have read conflicting reports (admittedly only via Dr Google) about stopping CQ10 when in the 2ww.

Basically it seems there's no research or not enough evidence to say whether you should stop during pregnancy.

Here's a thread where a doc says it's okay.
http://ivf.ca/forums/topic/18809-when-to-stop-coq10/

And there's been a recent positive study on the effects, although it was just on mouseys.
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20111...rtility-111226/

#34 Spock

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

hi libra, just a quick post to hopefully help you out. I was taking dhea, Blackmores conceive well gold and CoQ10 up to epu. Then after epu kept taking dhea and prednisolone plus switched to Blackmores pregnancy (due to the vit A in the conception tablets) and started clexane injections so had to stop the CoQ10 as it can interfere with the clexane. If I wasn't having the clexane injections I would have stayed on the CoQ10. Then once BFP confirmed, stopped the dhea and would have stopped the CoQ10 (if was still taking it). This was all fs instructions. Once I tried Saizen too but that was my worst cycle ever, but I know some EB ladies have had success with it. It isn't on the PBS list and is very expensive, I think cost me something like $2,000 for that one course. It is a growth hormone, supposed to help you grow good eggs.

hi everyone else, hope you're going well and those in cycles are feeling good.

#35 indigo~

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

Hello ladies! Had a scan today which is day 10 and have 2 follicles on the left ovary and 3 on the right. Just hope the little suckers actually have eggs in them! Still lots more growing to go, so scan again on Friday with EPU either next Monday or Wednesday. I'm hoping for Monday as a day 5 transfer would be on Saturday which would be much less hassle. That is, if there's going to be anything to transfer. Don't want to get ahead of myself yet.

Was going to have Friday off for a 4 day weekend but have cancelled that plan due to needing to have a day off for EPU next week. Bummer!

Hope all are going well! Thanks for the info liltuss and Spock. Xo

Edited by indigo~, 23 January 2012 - 06:46 PM.

#36 Spock

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

****warning loss mentioned****
hi ladies, just a brief update. Had a scan this morning and our 1 surviving baby is no more. There was no heartbeat. In some shock, as is dh, never seen him this devastated. Fs was also in shock. d&c will be Friday. I can't believe this has happened, I can't believe I have just lost my 8th baby. I can't help but think something is wrong with me, in addition to LOR that hasn't been diagnosed and maybe can't be detected, that perhaps means I can't carry a child. I don't know what to do. I feel so sad and empty. How much am I supposed to take? I can't think straight right now but I guess at some point I will be back in this BG.

#37 librablonde

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

Oh no no no!!!!!!!
Spock! Oh god!!! cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif

#38 librablonde

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

Spock- oh hon, I'm just so sorry. It's unbelievable that this could happen again after all you've been through. I'm so sorry, I know there are no words to help you through this ghastly time. That post was so unexpected, when I read it I felt like it kicked me in the guts, I just wish life could be more kind sometimes. I'm just rambling now, I just wish there was some way to fix this awfulness for you.
*sending you all my love and strength for the days to come*
xoxox
****!!!!  sad.gif

Edited by librablonde, 24 January 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#39 minidiamond

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

Spock I posted in the DIG but I am just shattered for you & DH.

This is just such awful news, I gasped when I opened the computer & read your update.  Oh sweetheart, I don't know what to say, I just want to give you a massive massive hug & tell you everything will be alright.  

We are all thinking of you.

#40 indigo~

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

Oh Spock, I'm so sorry. That is just so completely and utterly unfair and so very sad. Like liltuss, I also gasped when I read your news, I really thought this was it for you this time. You and your DH are in my thoughts. You have had to bear more than anyone should.

Grrrrr, I get so angry at the unfairness in the universe sometimes. Why do some have it so bluddy easy and others get hit time and time again?

#41 mitchp

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:11 AM

Oh Spock, how very very unfair. There are no words, only love and thoughts with you and your DH. I'm so so so sorry. sad.gif

bbighug.gif

xx

#42 BJBubbles

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

Spock - I posted in your other thread... but my heart breaks for you. As everyone else said - it's just not fair!  I hope and wish for strength for you and your DH in the coming days.  xoxox

#43 indigo~

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

Spock, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

#44 Mum2TwoDSs

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

Spock, i happen to read your post. This is so not right. I am so sorry that you are put through hell. Big hugs to you, thinking of you.

#45 BJBubbles

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

Spock, I hope yesterday went as well as it can and you are having a very restful weekend.  Have you taken some time off work?  

indigo~ How is your cycle going? I'm assuming you saw your FS/had another scan yesterday? When is your EPU scheduled for? Hope your are feeling OK and have some nice big follicles growing!

AFM - had a scan on Wednesday and have a reasonable amount of follicles growing for me (11). Have another scan on Monday and hopefully EPU will be Wednesday... fingers crossed

Hope everyone is staying clear of the heat in Melbourne or the rain in Sydney and Brisbane!  ... Not sure what's going on in Perth  :-)

#46 indigo~

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

Thanks BJBubbles, cycle is going ok so far. My scan was pushed to this morning and I will trigger tonight for EPU on Monday morning. Of my 5 growing follies, 1 has sadly grown too quickly and the FS said it was unlikely to be any good, but the other 4 are ok sized.

Will just have to wait and see! I've had cycles before where I've had way fewer eggs than expected based on follicle counts, and cycles where I've been pleasantly surprised. If I can manage at least 1 that fertilises ok and grows out to day 5 for transfer, I'll be a happy camper.

Congrats on your progress! 11 is a great number! If I don't manage to get back on closer to Wednesday, all the best for your EPU.

Spock, saw your post in the general section. I'm glad things went smoothly yesterday. Sending you big hugs and healing vibes.

How is everyone else going? Hi to DTR, mitchp, liltuss, libra and anyone else I've forgotten. Xo

#47 Spock

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

hi ladies,

indigo, i hope you get some good quality eggs tomorrow. number doesn't matter, it just takes 1....

bjbubbles, good to hear your scan went well.

mum2oneds, thank you for looking in on me.

hi mitchp, libra and anyone else popping in,

so recovering from d&c. just a bit of pain and bleeding. still big and bloated. emotionally just feeling the worst. Each morning I wake up, and have a cry. just not feeling motivated to do anything. been lying on the couch watching lots of mind numbing tv. been walking sooty just to use up energy to force myself to sleep. not sleeping well, keep seeing that last bad scan. am very scared i have some weird rare undiagnosed condition, that i might not be able to carry a pregnancy at all. dh is drafting an email for our fs full of questions about tests, about seeing an immunologist. I am going to work this week as figured it will make me do something, force me to get my mind out of this living nightmare I am trapped in.

I really thought we had overcome our problem, I am in shock that there is most likely something else also going on, that might not be treatable or even able to be diagnosed. This is by far the worst experience of my life. I just feel so depressed.

#48 Mum2TwoDSs

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

Spock, I guess nothing anybody says would take you out of this depressing time. I just want to say I wish I could give you a big hug and cry with you. Trust me I have been thinking of you constantly and I really feel sad for you and your DH. I sincerely hope there will be some answers and soon. Big big cyber hugs to you.

#49 minidiamond

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

Big hugs to you spock.

Indigo, best of luck for epu tomorrow, we will all be egging you on (geddit??).  Seriously, hope it goes briliantly.

BJ, hope the scan tomorrow shows some nice follies.

Hi to everyone ....

#50 librablonde

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:02 AM

Hi ladies,
Indigo- good luck today original.gif How exciting, I really hope you get a good result. So are you going to blast or earlier for these embies? My FS has never offered me blasties, I've always had 2 or 3 day embies, so I'm interested to hear others experiences.
BJBubbles- Wednesday is getting closer for your EPU. So will you trigger tonight?
Spock- I hope you have some good distractions at work this week. You've been in my thoughts and I just wish life could be more kind sometimes.
A big hi to Mum2OneDS, Mitchp, Liltuss and anyone else I've missed.
AFM- I woke up this morning and realised my appointment with my FS was this coming Thursday 2nd Feb. How did it creep up on me like that?? I haven't done anything I was meant to (ie: lose weight), and my weight is the very highest it's ever been by miles. I'm feeling pretty despondent, but also have turned over a new leaf today and am on a diet as of an hour ago  happy.gif   I'm just hoping my Dr Fancyshirt doesn't judge me and says he can do the hysteroscopy and fibroid removal with no prob's, and we can move on to another EPU or FET of my  current remaining embie. So this week will be a biggie for me, I've been waiting forever to see my FS it seems, I can't believe it's finally going to happen. I desperately need something concrete to works towards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.