The FINAL book in the Wheel of Time is finished!
(well, the full first draft, anyway)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Zeppelina

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

ddance.gif eexcite.gif tthumbs.gif ddance.gif eexcite.gif tthumbs.gif ddance.gif eexcite.gif tthumbs.gif ddance.gif eexcite.gif tthumbs.gif

That is all.

#2 jayskette

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

congratulations on not giving up after book 5 of which it became a soap opera...

#3 Zeppelina

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (jayskette @ 01/01/2012, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
congratulations on not giving up after book 5 of which it became a soap opera...

Lol, thanks  biggrin.gif It got good again at around book 10 or 11. Can't wait for the last one to be released (still not due till end of the year).

#4 Frazzled Cat

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

*cheers*

#5 DecafJane

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

I won't believe it until I read it!

#6 Zeppelina

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (DecafJane @ 01/01/2012, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I won't believe it until I read it!

Lol, very true!

#7 miss paige

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Woohoo. Might have to start reading the series again so Im all refreshed for when it FINALLY gets released!!

#8 Nine.years

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

I can't wait.  I did a huge re-read from book one when the last book was released, so I'm ready to go.

It did slow down in the middle, but Brandon Sanderson really picked up the pace with his books.  He's doing a great job.

And for anyone needing some reading to fill in time while they're waiting, Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn books are easy entertaining reading.

#9 Rumply

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Wow, finally some closure... I have re-read the series again, but am stuck on Winters Heart.

Wow, finally some closure... I have re-read the series again, but am stuck on Winters Heart.

#10 ~Jot~

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

I think I got up to Winter's Heart then gave up. I've just cleaned out my bookshelves and I decided to get rid of all my WoT books. Maybe I should rethink...

#11 -*meh*-

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

what they still aren't finished... i thought the final one had been released already!

i started reading this series in year 12... back in 2000! i never got past about book 7 though from memory... now i am listening to them as audio books and am up to book 5... hopefully by the time i get through to the most recent the last will be out...

#12 Zeppelina

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

One and a half more days till it's released! Ridiculously excited here.

#13 Puggle

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Thank goodness.

I bought 'The Eye of the World' to read on a trip from Sydney to Perth to visit my boyfriend in 1995. He then started reading it so I kept sending the books over to him.

18 years later, that boyfriend and I have been married for 12 years and have two children. I wrote him an IOU for the final book at Christmas. It feels like this has been dragging.on for.freaking.ever.

PS: I gave up on them pre-kids tongue.gif

#14 Oriental lily

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

I gave up after book three. Many many years ago.

Brandon Sanderson is an ok author. I have read the mistborn trilogy.

However I didint realise at the time of reading he was a Mormon and there are heaps of religious overtones in his book.

And there serious lacking in sexual tension and 'spice'in the two main characters relationship.

Heaps of violence though lol.

He is also very anti gay and anti gay marriage.

Which might not bother some but I think he is an odd choice to finish of the books.

Edited by Oriental lily, 08 January 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#15 Frazzled Cat

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Oh goody, I'd run out of things to read again.

#16 bluedragon

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Hasn't Robert Jordan died? Who is writing them now if that's the case?

I gave up at about book nine or ten, maybe I should try again if there is actually and end in sight.

#17 Nine.years

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

I can't wait!  Except that I'll have to because I can't get to a book store until tomorrow.  I can't believe it's finally going to end.

Brandon Sanderson has well and truly proven the wisdom of the choice over the last couple of books.  They've been much better than the last couple of Jordan books.

#18 CrazySingleMum

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

I read the first five or so years and years ago and then gave up. Now it's actually finished I might start it again. That was the one with the yin/yang thing happening with magic, yes??

#19 Tonberry

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Eight.years @ 08/01/2013, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't wait!  Except that I'll have to because I can't get to a book store until tomorrow.  I can't believe it's finally going to end.

Brandon Sanderson has well and truly proven the wisdom of the choice over the last couple of books.  They've been much better than the last couple of Jordan books.

Same, can't get it till tomorrow at the earliest sad.gif
And totally agree, have really enjoyed the last couple of books that Sanderson has written.

I really need to get a copy asap, I'm hoping to have it finished before #3 gets here, and with DS and DD, I can't read as fast as I used to Tounge1.gif

#20 flakyfish

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

Tried to buy it, Dymocks hadn't got their stock in yet.  cry1.gif

I've been reading them since 1995...

#21 Tonberry

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

I have my copy sitting on my desk in front of me.

Resisting reading the last chapter first to find out how it all ends is killing me. I feel like some sort of junkie, I'm having an adrenaline rush thinking about it.

#22 PurpleNess

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Also gave up after book three - now I know there is an end I might try & read the rest before I die.....it might take that long!

#23 cira

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

...but I have to wait three months for the e-book!

#24 epg

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (cira @ 09/01/2013, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...but I have to wait three months for the e-book!

Why is this?  I was going to get the ebook, but it's not on the Kobo site.  sad.gif

#25 Frazzled Cat

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

My goodness, the book weighs a TONNE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.